PDA

View Full Version : lol nobody cares about ECW eh? Thread I guess. August 05/2008

Gertner
08-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Colin's dive over the announce table was tremendous.:lol:

Gertner
08-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Oh God, from one fat ass to another here comes the fat cat.

Gonzo
08-05-2008, 11:34 PM
I watched the last half hour. It was the most boring half hour of television I have ever seen. Decent commentary though.

Destor
08-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Show sucked hard tonight

Gertner
08-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Striker was great on commentary. Delany's dive saved the show for me.

Afterlife
08-06-2008, 12:18 AM
The tag match was great. But this "New star initiative" is leaving a LOT to be desired.

Afterlife
08-06-2008, 12:19 AM
I missed the very start, tho -- where was Taz?

Gertner
08-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Taz did Smackdown commentary I believe

Gonzo
08-06-2008, 12:33 AM
The tag match was great. But this "New star initiative" is leaving a LOT to be desired.

Everyone is generic as shit.

Afterlife
08-06-2008, 01:36 AM
They're just pushing a bunch of nobodies, that's all. One new guy per show at a time, and they'd be fine.

Juan
08-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Just got done watching the show. That Dirt Sheet segment was the highlight imo

Skippord
08-06-2008, 04:20 AM
lol Miz and Morrison

Indifferent Clox
08-06-2008, 05:36 AM
the dirt sheet sucked live. He didn't even say they don't do something in the palace of wisdom!!!

Mr. Nerfect
08-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Evan Bourne & Ricky Ortiz going over Chavo Guerrero & Bam Neely was the logical progression of that story. I don't really know why Chavo is jobbing out to the newcomers, but since they've started doing it, they might as well continue it. Bam Neely taking the fall is good booking. Not sure about the quality of the match, but Bourne is good, Chavo is good, and Neely seems like a blank canvas. I haven't seen Ortiz work, but he's apparently charismatic as hell.

Matt Striker on commentary is a brilliant decision in place of Tazz working SmackDown!.

Tommy Dreamer probably should have gone over Armando Estrada, despite Colin Delaney getting involved, if just to make Dreamer look good, and get Estrada elsewhere. Estrada on SmackDown! with Umaga again would be really cool.

This Mike Knox vs. Finlay stuff sounds really fun. Hopefully Fit can get good matches out of Knox. I love the way Knox is ripping on Finlay for being a pussy.

The Dirt Sheet probably should have happened earlier, and led to Mark Henry & Matt Hardy vs. John Morrison & The Miz in the main event, with Hardy turning on Henry, hitting the Twist of Fate, and allowing John Morrison to pin Henry. The ECW Champion jobbing in tag matches happens in The Palace of Wisdom.

Braden Walker needs to start screaming "My name is Braden Walker!" as he starts beating people around, as a prelude to an already neccessary heel turn, and to remind people of what his name is, playing off Matt Hardy's questioning of it last week.

RGWhat316
08-06-2008, 01:28 PM
I thought it was a decent show, and loved the dirt sheet. "John Morrison can not be bought". Striker on commentary was decent, he was even calling some of the moves. And I almost have to give the edge to Mike Knox for his comments calling out Finlay.

Afterlife
08-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Evan Bourne & Ricky Ortiz going over Chavo Guerrero & Bam Neely was the logical progression of that story. I don't really know why Chavo is jobbing out to the newcomers, but since they've started doing it, they might as well continue it. Bam Neely taking the fall is good booking. Not sure about the quality of the match, but Bourne is good, Chavo is good, and Neely seems like a blank canvas. I haven't seen Ortiz work, but he's apparently charismatic as hell.

Matt Striker on commentary is a brilliant decision in place of Tazz working SmackDown!.

Tommy Dreamer probably should have gone over Armando Estrada, despite Colin Delaney getting involved, if just to make Dreamer look good, and get Estrada elsewhere. Estrada on SmackDown! with Umaga again would be really cool.

This Mike Knox vs. Finlay stuff sounds really fun. Hopefully Fit can get good matches out of Knox. I love the way Knox is ripping on Finlay for being a pussy.

The Dirt Sheet probably should have happened earlier, and led to Mark Henry & Matt Hardy vs. John Morrison & The Miz in the main event, with Hardy turning on Henry, hitting the Twist of Fate, and allowing John Morrison to pin Henry. The ECW Champion jobbing in tag matches happens in The Palace of Wisdom.

Braden Walker needs to start screaming "My name is Braden Walker!" as he starts beating people around, as a prelude to an already neccessary heel turn, and to remind people of what his name is, playing off Matt Hardy's questioning of it last week.

I'll sue his ass for gimmick infringement.