PDA

View Full Version : Mat Moorgan Yay or Nay?

Rollermacka
08-11-2008, 09:07 PM
I've haerd alot of talk about him reciently. People have been saying Yea he's good and other people say Meh he's another "Vanilla Big man" so this is the post to put if Yay he's good or Nay he sucks.

I remember reading an article about Morgan about a year before he came out in Pro Wrestling Illustrated or WWE magazine about a new "Impressive Monster" that was comming to the WWE. It sounded good a 350 pound 7 ft tall man with pics of him I figured he'll be the next big thing but he really didnt go anywhere. They brought him back later with that TERRIBLE studdering gimmick and once again the man that was considered "The future of pro wrestling" went no where. He's in TNA now getting a decient push and honestly I still just see him as like I said another "Vanilla Big man". You know what I mean he's just like Kurrgan, Luther Reigns, Hidenrich, Reese, Scott Norton or Snitsky. He's just another big man with no real impressive moves or chrisma.

BigDaddyCool
08-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Yay

Xero
08-11-2008, 09:18 PM
The <s>black</s> white <s>Brock Lesnar</s> Bobby Lashley.

Hanso Amore
08-11-2008, 09:18 PM
He is far more talented any of those other guys, but just like anyone else, he needs to be booked properly to go anywhere.

thedamndest
08-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Whoa, don't lump him in with Luther Reigns. Don't even joke about such things.

Afterlife
08-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Bored.

Lock Jaw
08-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Haven't yet been entertained by him the way Tomko entertained me.

Gertner
08-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Hellivator is friggen awesome. Morgan is probably the only good thing in TNA

Afterlife
08-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Hellivator is friggen awesome. Morgan is probably the only good thing in TNA

I made a whole thread contradicting this.

Londoner
08-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Havent seen much of him but he's entertained me when i have seen him in TNA.

Xerzes
08-12-2008, 01:52 AM
Indifferent.

Mercury Bullet
08-12-2008, 02:19 AM
'Meh' . . . which comes in between 'Yay' and 'Nay'

Mister Sinister
08-12-2008, 06:20 AM
If put next to Alex Shelley, The answer is no...

When put next to 85 percent of things in TNA, The Answer and Oh Hell YAY!

Volare
08-12-2008, 06:37 AM
'Meh' . . . which comes in between 'Yay' and 'Nay'

What he said.

The MAC
08-12-2008, 10:50 AM
came out? Is he gay?

screech
08-12-2008, 11:17 AM
I like him. He doesn't entertain me the way Tomko did, but he's still good in the ring and he's certainly got charisma. He just has to be booked correctly to go anywhere. And shame on you for lumping him in with a hack like Luther Reigns :nono:

EDIT: 100th post! :D

Volare
08-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Did you just say booked correctly?

Hold on......

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ok...

wait, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ok im better :)

Rollermacka
08-12-2008, 03:44 PM
I like him. He doesn't entertain me the way Tomko did, but he's still good in the ring and he's certainly got charisma. He just has to be booked correctly to go anywhere. And shame on you for lumping him in with a hack like Luther Reigns :nono:

EDIT: 100th post! :D

What makes Morrgan so much better than Kurrgan or Scott Norton? I will say yes after Japan big men like A Train and Tomko become much better wrestlers but from how Morrgan was in WWE compared to how he is in TNA I still dont see it. It least with Kurrgan I was slightly entertained by a 7ft tall guy in tie-dye dancing to the ICP.

PS I will say this though this is one of the FEW times I actually agree with Afterlife (shocking isnt it) I HATE the Hellivator. What not just do a chockslam or powerbomb like he use to? :yes:

screech
08-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Did you just say booked correctly?

Hold on......

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ok...

wait, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ok im better :)

It's a long shot, but hey they can't screw up everything can they?

Can they?

What makes Morrgan so much better than Kurrgan or Scott Norton? I will say yes after Japan big men like A Train and Tomko become much better wrestlers but from how Morrgan was in WWE compared to how he is in TNA I still dont see it. It least with Kurrgan I was slightly entertained by a 7ft tall guy in tie-dye dancing to the ICP.

PS I will say this though this is one of the FEW times I actually agree with Afterlife (shocking isnt it) I HATE the Hellivator. What not just do a chockslam or powerbomb like he use to? :yes:

You honestly don't see that Matt Morgan (see that? I spelled his name right) is better in TNA than he was in WWE? Did you pay attention to his WWE run? Are you paying attention to his TNA run? It was the same thing with Tomko. He's improved both in the ring and on the stick since jumping ship (although neither of them have great mic skills, but I digress). Morgan is so much better now and he's certainly got more charisma than some of the guys you named (Reigns, Snit, Norton) so he has potential to go somewhere.

I will agree that he needs a new finisher. He could always go back to using the F5, cause, you know, that worked well.

You were actually entertained by Kurrgan?

Rob
08-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Morgan is miles better than those stiffs mentioned.

St. Jimmy
08-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Nay.

Gertner
08-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I made a whole thread contradicting this.

congrats

Mr. Nerfect
08-13-2008, 02:57 AM
Yay. Morgan is far better than he should be for a guy his size. In every area. As for finishers, I'd like to see him be one of those guys with lots of moves to put opponents away:

F-5
Chokeslam
Hellivator
Sit-Down Powerbomb

Rollermacka
08-13-2008, 03:26 PM
I will agree that he needs a new finisher. He could always go back to using the F5, cause, you know, that worked well.

You were actually entertained by Kurrgan?

I found Kurrgan entertaining, not as much as The Interigator part of the Truth Commission or as just Kurrgan with the Jackyll but when he was part of the oddities I found him as well as the whole group entertaining. Watching the three big man dance around to the ICP with Luna and later on George "the Animal" Steele fit in to the whole "Attitude Era" thing.

screech
08-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Yay. Morgan is far better than he should be for a guy his size. In every area. As for finishers, I'd like to see him be one of those guys with lots of moves to put opponents away:

F-5
Chokeslam
Hellivator
Sit-Down Powerbomb

I definitely agree. If he could do the F-5 now better than he did in WWE, then I'm all for it. A Chokeslam would be good, depending on how he did it (i.e. Kevin Nash or Kane). The Hellivator is what it is. There's a whole thread on this so I won't go into it. I couldn't see him doing a Sit-Down Powerbomb, but I never have seen it so I won't say anything good or bad until I do (if he starts using it).

I'm not shitting on your ideas (hell, I'm agreeing he should have a lot of options), I'm just giving my input.

screech
08-13-2008, 04:35 PM
I found Kurrgan entertaining, not as much as The Interigator part of the Truth Commission or as just Kurrgan with the Jackyll but when he was part of the oddities I found him as well as the whole group entertaining. Watching the three big man dance around to the ICP with Luna and later on George "the Animal" Steele fit in to the whole "Attitude Era" thing.

I see what you're saying, but in your original post you said that Kurrgan was one of those guys with no impressive moves and no charisma.

If you were entertained by someone who, in your eyes, had no charisma, how are you not entertained by Matt Morgan?

Rollermacka
08-13-2008, 11:28 PM
I see what you're saying, but in your original post you said that Kurrgan was one of those guys with no impressive moves and no charisma.

If you were entertained by someone who, in your eyes, had no charisma, how are you not entertained by Matt Morgan?

See what I'm trying to say is that men like Kurrgan are easliy forgetable. What I mean is that after the article I read about him, the hype I found on the internet about him compared to what I've seen in the ring it dosent match up. I could not see Silva as world champ and the though of Norton as a "main eventer" dosent appeal to many people, I dont see Matt Morrgan as the main draw of TNA let alone the "blueprint" of what a Big man should be.

Besides you can dance in the ring with clowns and entertain people but that dosent mean you should base the company around that. Kinda get what I mean?

Mr. Nerfect
08-14-2008, 06:33 AM
I definitely agree. If he could do the F-5 now better than he did in WWE, then I'm all for it. A Chokeslam would be good, depending on how he did it (i.e. Kevin Nash or Kane). The Hellivator is what it is. There's a whole thread on this so I won't go into it. I couldn't see him doing a Sit-Down Powerbomb, but I never have seen it so I won't say anything good or bad until I do (if he starts using it).

I'm not shitting on your ideas (hell, I'm agreeing he should have a lot of options), I'm just giving my input.

Wasn't Morgan doing the F-5 on Big Show on a regular basis in the WWE? That's pretty impressive shit. His Chokeslam is pretty awesome. One of the best I've seen. He throws his entire weight down into it, driving his opponent with it. His Sit-Down Powerbomb is crisper than Batista's, in my opinion.

Also, apparently Matt Morgan is going into space, or his DNA is. Something of the like.

screech
08-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Wasn't Morgan doing the F-5 on Big Show on a regular basis in the WWE? That's pretty impressive shit. His Chokeslam is pretty awesome. One of the best I've seen. He throws his entire weight down into it, driving his opponent with it. His Sit-Down Powerbomb is crisper than Batista's, in my opinion.

Also, apparently Matt Morgan is going into space, or his DNA is. Something of the like.

He did it once or twice, yeah. It didn't look good at all, but I think both times it was to Show (one through a table, no less). Are there vids of him doing a chokeslam and/or sit-down powerbomb? I've never seen him do either and now I'm curious. 90% of the time, anyone's sit-down is crisper than Dave's.

Matt Morgan in space?!? :eek:

screech
08-14-2008, 11:21 AM
See what I'm trying to say is that men like Kurrgan are easliy forgetable. What I mean is that after the article I read about him, the hype I found on the internet about him compared to what I've seen in the ring it dosent match up. I could not see Silva as world champ and the though of Norton as a "main eventer" dosent appeal to many people, I dont see Matt Morrgan as the main draw of TNA let alone the "blueprint" of what a Big man should be.

Besides you can dance in the ring with clowns and entertain people but that dosent mean you should base the company around that. Kinda get what I mean?

He was hyped up big time when he was in WWE, but he got called up way too early and it showed. He may not be the "Blueprint", but he's damn good for a guy his size. I'm not saying Morgan should be the top guy in TNA, but he's good enough to at least be close (upper mid-card).

Just because he squashes jobbers doesn't mean he should be World Champion, but you have to remember that he is in TNA so that could (and probably will) happen eventually.

BigDaddyCool
08-14-2008, 12:01 PM
So Kurrgan was the big troll guy in 300.

Rollermacka
08-14-2008, 03:34 PM
He did it once or twice, yeah. It didn't look good at all, but I think both times it was to Show (one through a table, no less). Are there vids of him doing a chokeslam and/or sit-down powerbomb? I've never seen him do either and now I'm curious. 90% of the time, anyone's sit-down is crisper than Dave's.

Matt Morgan in space?!? :eek:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qj-STYRu5ls&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qj-STYRu5ls&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

screech
08-14-2008, 04:26 PM
That chokeslam was quite awesome. He should definitely start using that.

Mr. Nerfect
08-14-2008, 05:40 PM
It looks like we're heading towards Matt Morgan & Abyss vs. Team 3D for No Surrender. If Morgan can put some Dudleyz through some tables on their way out, good for him.