PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little disappointed...(spoiler)

BigDaddyCool
08-18-2008, 02:31 PM
That Beth didn't take the IC title last night. It would have been awesome.

screech
08-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Agreed. It would have been pretty cool. But would it have been more awesome than Santino taking the Women's title? It would have fit both of them. Beth can probably beat some of the men on the roster, and Santino, well he can only beat women really.

TerranRich
08-18-2008, 02:41 PM
WWE missed a big opportunity here.

But yeah, I know, I know, the legitimacy of both titles has been preserved, blah blah...

Londoner
08-18-2008, 02:42 PM
No it wouldn't have been awesome, loads of people on here would bitch about the credibility of the title.

Lock Jaw
08-18-2008, 02:43 PM
They could still do it on Raw. Beth claims she did most of the work or something, so she should get the IC title.

Lock Jaw
08-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Titles don't have credibility anymore!

Londoner
08-18-2008, 02:46 PM
It had credibility when kofi held it. ;)

Lock Jaw
08-18-2008, 02:49 PM
It had credibility when Jericho held it. Kofi didn't have it long enough to make it credible. All he did was beat Paul Burchill every week, and fluke win over Jericho.

St. Jimmy
08-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Titties don't have credibility anymore.

TerranRich
08-18-2008, 02:50 PM
They could still do it on Raw. Beth claims she did most of the work or something, so she should get the IC title.

I was actually thinking of that.

TerranRich
08-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Titles haven't had credibility since the Attitude era.

McLegend
08-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Would have been hilarious to see Santino with the Women's title.

Team Sheep
08-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Yeah bet they do it on Raw.

Juan
08-18-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm actually glad Santino is IC champ

Halbowsky
08-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Imagine the great promos Santino would've done with the women's title

TerranRich
08-18-2008, 06:39 PM
One would imagine that Santino's reason for taking the Women's title would include preventing the Divas from winning the belt, thus forcing them back to the kitchens, makin' pasta and makin' babies.

Mr. Nerfect
08-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Beth Phoenix is a damn good wrestler, and I could buy her keeping up with the guys. If they actually let her wrestle, and didn't present her as entirely out of her element, or make her look particularly more dominant than she should, what the fuck is wrong with her holding the Intercontinental Title?

Spike Dudley held quite a few singles titles in the WWE (granted, no one really cared about them), and Beth is technically bigger than him. I wish this "men are automatically better than women" theory of wrestlers would stop. A male-interactive push wouldn't work for all of them, but Beth Phoenix and Awesome Kong are two women I could see meshing up with the guys very easily.

Also, Santino should not be Women's Champion. Beth Phoenix should claim both titles, and then have Santino try and playfully wrestle her for it, but fall short every time.

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Shut up noid.

Theo Dious
08-19-2008, 09:49 AM
After Beth squared off to D'Lo last night, I wouldn't be so quick to guess they've totally thrown off the idea. In any case, Beth would be a way better IC champ than Chyna ever was.

TerranRich
08-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Shut up noid.

Why? That's a great idea. At least it's original. What did you have in mind instead, beside what they're already doing now?

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Cause it takes to much reading.

Mr. Nerfect
08-19-2008, 10:31 AM
BDC takes out all his American Beauty-style internal gay conflictions on me, and for some reason thinks he is antagonising me by doing it. He doesn't seem aware that he is even more boring than me, and that he ranks so low on the villain chart it's not funny.

KK, now there is an antagonist.

What BDC said pretty much means he agrees with me. He's just too limited to express a range of thoughts to a single person, and instead believes that any form of relationship needs to be based on blanket feelings that override nuances of agreement or disagreement. For example, BDC and I both like Chavo Guerrero more than Eddie Guerrero, but he limits his maturity to disagreeing with me all the time, so he will say something retarded like "shut up noid, bdca."

That's why BDC would make a fine accountant, assuming he was smart enough to do his job. Numbers don't have thoughts, so BDC doesn't need to adapt to them and make social allowances for them, so they don't conflict with his sociopathological behaviour, where it is him versus anything not him.

Mr. Nerfect
08-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Cause it takes to much reading.

too*

English, BDC. Do you speak it?

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2008, 10:51 AM
NO! :mad:

Plus this is reading and typing, dick nose.

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2008, 10:53 AM
BDC takes out all his American Beauty-style internal gay conflictions on me, and for some reason thinks he is antagonising me by doing it. He doesn't seem aware that he is even more boring than me, and that he ranks so low on the villain chart it's not funny.

What BDC said pretty much means he agrees with me. He's just too limited to express a range of thoughts to a single person, and instead believes that any form of relationship needs to be based on blanket feelings that override nuances of agreement or disagreement. For example, BDC and I both like Chavo Guerrero more than Eddie Guerrero, but he limits his maturity to disagreeing with me all the time, so he will say something retarded like "shut up noid, bdca."

That's why BDC would make a fine accountant, assuming he was smart enough to do his job. Numbers don't have thoughts, so BDC doesn't need to adapt to them and make social allowances for them, so they don't conflict with his sociopathological behaviour, where it is him versus anything not him.

NO, I JUST HATE WORDSMITHS, YOU COCK. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

ALSO ACCOUNTING IS BARELY ABOUT THE NUMBERS.

Mr. Nerfect
08-19-2008, 10:53 AM
NO! :mad:

Plus this is reading and typing, dick nose.

Which is why you told me to "shut up." A phrase which directs someone to stop talking? I guess you can use the English cop-out here. :p

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
I ASSUMED YOU TALK AS YOU TYPE SO EVERYONE AROUND YOU ALSO KNOWS YOUR OPINION.

Mr. Nerfect
08-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Also does "dick nose" refer to a dick being where my nose should be, or a nose being where my dick should be?

Mr. Nerfect
08-19-2008, 11:03 AM
I ASSUMED YOU TALK AS YOU TYPE SO EVERYONE AROUND YOU ALSO KNOWS YOUR OPINION.

No, why would I do that? That seems far more like a BDC approved thing to do. You seem much more like the boastful type.

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2008, 11:04 AM
No, as we have already made clear, I don't speak English, therefore I wouldn't be speaking as I'm typing. And a dick nose is have a dick on your nose.

Verbose Minch
08-19-2008, 12:19 PM
It had credibility when Jericho held it. Kofi didn't have it long enough to make it credible. All he did was beat Paul Burchill every week, and fluke win over Jericho.

How did it have credibility when Jericho had it?

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Cause Jericho is awesome, that is why. No seriously, Jericho and Jeff Hardy rarely defended the IC title. It wasn't made credible by either.

Y2Ant
08-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Beth Phoenix and Chyna already have enough in common for my liking, an IC title run would just be a bit too much imo.

TerranRich
08-20-2008, 12:05 AM

Yeah, but a pretty shitty one at that. He's like the first boss of an easy game... simple to defeat.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2008, 04:24 AM
How did it have credibility when Jericho had it?
Are you on crystal meth rite now

Destor
08-20-2008, 04:26 AM
SO hows everything going?

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2008, 04:28 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hey destor. Didn't see you there.

Destor
08-20-2008, 04:33 AM
Thought I heard my name. Whats up.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2008, 04:35 AM
nothing.. just uh... you know... shooting the old breeze, just shooting it right on down.. not like shooting in a you know.. not that you.. you know.. I mean one doesn't automatically assume....umm nevermind.. So how about that Morishima?

Destor
08-20-2008, 04:39 AM
Mori is probably better off where he is to be honest. He might be shooting himself in the foot if he goes to the WWE. He's doing a bang up job in NOAH right now, hope he doens't ruin it.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2008, 04:41 AM
Yeah. I just would one day love to see more Japanese wrestlers in WWE. I would love to see WWE incorporate various styles. I mean they are supposedly the WORLD wrestling entertainment.... You know that doesn't really make sense anymore... FUCKING PANDAS!

Destor
08-20-2008, 04:43 AM
So the AWE then?

Juan
08-20-2008, 04:46 AM
That's about right Dest.

El Fangel
08-20-2008, 04:46 AM
Titties don't have credibility anymore.

I don't have credibility anymore.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2008, 04:48 AM
Nah I just meant the entertainment part. You can't put a the in front of it. I mean they do go to Canada and travel and shit. I mean even as far as Japan, but I just feel to truly be WORLD wrestling entertainment they need to have you know world wrestlers.

Maybe NASAWE. Then they could go to the Nasseau collisseum and people would get all confused.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2008, 04:49 AM
Guys we are trying to have a conversation here do you mind?

Some fucking people. :nono:

El Fangel
08-20-2008, 04:50 AM
My bad, just felt taht needed to be pointed out.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2008, 10:37 AM
Cause Jericho is awesome, that is why. No seriously, Jericho and Jeff Hardy rarely defended the IC title. It wasn't made credible by either.

Wow, BDC said something intelligent.

The IC Title would have been fantastic if Jeff Hardy got some defences in against Shawn Michaels and some real defences against Randy Orton when he was defeating them earlier this year. But yeah, it was pretty much forgotten on both guys.

I don't think Kofi Kingston was the man to get the belt over again. To be honest, I think the best choice for an IC Champion right now would be William Regal.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Takeshi Morishima was accompanied by Tony Atlas during his second dark match with the WWE. If Mori signed with the WWE, I'd love to see Atlas bring him in to de-throne Matt Hardy or Mark Henry (destroying his own creation) on ECW.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2008, 10:53 AM
It is impossible for the IC title to get over right now because Raw has 4 guys that should be in the IC title hunt. Kofi, Jamie Noble, Burchill, and Santino. There isn't really enough depth in the devision.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2008, 11:02 AM
It is impossible for the IC title to get over right now because Raw has 4 guys that should be in the IC title hunt. Kofi, Jamie Noble, Burchill, and Santino. There isn't really enough depth in the devision.

You can maybe add D'Lo Brown to that list, too. He just got a disqualification win over Santino.

It'd be better if the WWE actually treated some of its existing RAW talent like Val Venis, Charlie Haas, and as much as I hate to say it, Hardcore Holly, like possible threats to the title. Or at least use them to make guys like Kofi, Noble, Burchill and Marella look better.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Wait, there's also Chuck Palumbo and Deuce Shade floating about. Paul London, Snitsky and Lance Cade could all use direction and focus by going after the title. Nick Nemeth has been looking to get called up for a while, and RAW was the original spot planned for him. Move Gavin Spears over from his tentative home on ECW. I refuse to count Hacksaw Jim Duggan unless he is used only to put over the other talent in the division without question.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Which leads back to Beth should have gotten it. It would have shaken things up. Her and Kofi look about the same size, she is taller (therefore bigger according to WWE logic) than Jamie Noble. So she would look like a threat to him. Burchill is a heel, so they wouldn't fight. There could have been a match between her and Santino if they wanted to turn one of them face. It would have shaken things up.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Forgot about D'Lo. London isn't in any shape to do anything. Snitsky sucks, Cade needs to be geared up for singles wrestling (I'm not saying there is anything wrong with him, just WWE isn't booking him to do anything). I don't give a shit about people who may be called up. Chuck and Deuce suck.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2008, 11:10 AM
A few matches between Beth Phoenix and Santino Marella certainly wouldn't have hurt the title anymore than it had been.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Also then need to treat the IC title like an up and comers title, so Cade, Kofi, Burchill, Santino, and maybe Noble should be the ones with real chances.

Impact!
08-20-2008, 11:27 AM
I'd like to see London V Noble for the IC title...(Would be better than Santino V Kofi)

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Forgot about D'Lo. London isn't in any shape to do anything. Snitsky sucks, Cade needs to be geared up for singles wrestling (I'm not saying there is anything wrong with him, just WWE isn't booking him to do anything). I don't give a shit about people who may be called up. Chuck and Deuce suck.

Agreements and disagreements about sucking aside, a division arguably doesn't need to exclusively contain guys with actual futures and talent. Snitsky should never be IC Champion, but as part of the division, he could put over Jamie Noble a few times, and make Noble's size a little less of an underwhelming factor in relation to him.

It's not good that we both almost forgot D'Lo. Regardless of talent, being forgotten shows where your relevance currently lies. Although, to be fair, I forget about Randy Orton a lot, and he is a three-time World Champion and given the main event treatment constantly. Paul London is talented enough to be a factor in the division. It's not an instant fix, but with Kendrick's push on SmackDown!, the parallels and association between them could be used to somewhat boost London. What's mainly holding him back is the WWE's treatment of him.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2008, 11:30 AM
I'd like to see London V Noble for the IC title...(Would be better than Santino V Kofi)

That match would be fucking hot.

BigDaddyCool
08-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Beating Snitsky doesn't put over Jamie Noble. Snitsky is a nonfactor.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Crystal Meth revived this thread.