PDA

View Full Version : We all know

screech
08-25-2008, 04:16 PM
that Vince yells in the ears of the commentators during matches. But what do you thinik happens when Vince does stuff on TV? Does he have someone else yelling into the headsets? Does he tell them exactly what to say? Do they get to call it how they want (unscripted)?

It's been bugging me so I figured I'd put it out there for all of you.

Xero
08-25-2008, 04:28 PM
When he commentated, I think others would do it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it called the "Gorilla Position" because Monsoon used to do the same thing?

screech
08-25-2008, 04:32 PM
I thought the Gorilla Position was right behind the curtain cause he would get into "the zone" when he was about to hit the ring.

I think that's what I read somewhere. I could be wrong, though.

EDIT: So do you think it was Shane or one of the writers? Or maybe it's Mike Adamle :shifty:

Xero
08-25-2008, 04:41 PM
JR has done it. In Beyond the Mat he's shown leading King and Cole.

screech
08-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Found what you were talking about, Xero. From 411mania.com:

Backstage, Monsoon was pretty much the man in charge as he was one of the top bookers and road agents during the 1980s. His biggest impact was creating a position in between the locker room and the entrance, where he would sit and observe the matches and give instructions to people going towards the ring and give feedback to people coming back from the ring. The position was eventually named the "Gorilla Position", and is still referred to by that name to this day. As recently seen on Raw, the Gorilla Position has a sign by it with the name and either a picture of a gorilla or a stuffed gorilla by it.

Yeah I was a bit off on that one.

Hanso Amore
08-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Thats awesome that they have the picture or stuffed gorilla there :)

Mooияakeя™
08-25-2008, 07:24 PM
As recently seen on Raw, the Gorilla Position has a sign by it with the name and either a picture of a gorilla or a stuffed gorilla by it.

Someone post a vid link where it's seen plz. Reps for it!

Also, i ain't seen BTM in ages, anyone know where it's up online (my torrents are shit slow so there really ain't a point in me trying a d/l)

Xero
08-25-2008, 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH-l-ntX45E

Follow that video-to-video. It's in several parts.

Theo Dious
08-26-2008, 10:01 AM
As for who talks to vince, I imagine someone feeds him some info but doesnt tell him exactly what to be saying.