PDA

View Full Version : N64 Rom Question

screech
08-27-2008, 07:41 PM
I think this is my first time in the video game forum, so don't shoot me if this is a ridiculous question.

I was wondering if any of you knew if there is a way to play songs from your computer in an N64 Emulator/Roms. Any help would be appreciated, even if you tell me there isn't a way. I've been thinking about trying it but I'm not sure how or if I can. I'm using a Project64 v1.5 emulator if that makes a difference (I'd think it would).

Thanks for any help, guys.

Triple A
08-27-2008, 07:50 PM
What do you mean?

Don't you play the roms on your computer? In which case can't you just play the music and then play the emulator at the same time?

Boomer
08-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Yeah the question is pretty bizarre. Getting any custom music to work in an N64 rom would require a good deal of rom hacking...which is pretty particular for each game and highly highly difficult to do.

screech
08-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Specifically I mean in games like No Mercy, would there be a way to put my own songs in place of themes? Or could I add my own...background music I guess I should say, to other games?

Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't really sure how to word the question.

Boomer
08-27-2008, 08:01 PM
I would look up No Mercy hacks...luckily No Mercy has a pretty big rom hacking scene. I'm sure it's possible, even if its like writing MIDI music...but it'll be difficult for sure.

OssMan
08-27-2008, 08:08 PM
You're better off just playing the music on your computer in the background

Penner
08-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Oh I know what you mean.

I'm not sure if there's an actually way to do that. I'm pretty sure there's a way to hack the songs that are already in there to make them sound different, but to add totally new music? I'm not sure.

Like Boomer said there is a pretty big No Mercy Hacking scene. So I would start by googling.