PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Moments in Time #2: ECW joins the Invasion

Loose Cannon
08-28-2008, 03:33 PM
ok, here we go with another one. One of my top 5 most memorable Raw moments ever. I remember just sitting thier in awe that this was actually taking place. It was like an angle we all dream of, but you know it would never happen. Well, it did happen.

I remember when the WWE guys came down and got in RVD, Dreamer's and the other's face and I slowly realized all the guys in that ring, minus Jericho and Kane, were from ECW. It was like a "holy shit, is this going to happen right now?" And then the sweet beatdown that followed was tremendous. Heyman flipping out on JR at the booth and then on the mic was pure awsomeness.

5 Star moment.

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=7861234">WWE Raw 2001 ECW Invasion</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=7861234,t=1,mt=video,searchID=,primarycolor=,secondarycolor="/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=7861234,t=1,mt=video,searchID=,primarycolor=,secondarycolor=" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object>

BigDaddyCool
08-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Greatest moment ever, then fucked up by Stephanie.

Ben Rodrigues
08-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Anyone got a clip of ECW's entrance just before that nights WCW & WWF vs ECW battle royal?

Evil Vito
08-28-2008, 04:00 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah the same thing happened with me...I slowly realized everyone was an ECW guy.

Fucking amazing moment...to this day I wonder what could have been had they not fucked it up royally.</font>

Fox
08-28-2008, 04:50 PM
The amazing feeling I had that Monday night was destroyed as soon as Stephanie was announced as the "Owner" of ECW... with Paul fucking Heyman standing RIGHT THERE. That was like a needle in the eye.

Gonzo
08-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Pretty badass. Would have been awesome of some WWF guys poured out and a huge brawl ensued, but that was a good spot.

Loose Cannon
08-28-2008, 05:34 PM
I love Justin and Storm doing the old Impact Player pose at the end. I was waiting on that

Gertner
08-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Too bad Jericho wasn't invovled with ECW as well. That would have given them a leader.

Dave Youell
08-28-2008, 05:52 PM
I just got goosebumps watching that again

Juan
08-28-2008, 05:53 PM
I totally marked out when that happened.

Mooияakeя™
08-28-2008, 06:42 PM
<3

Just <3

And <3 for the Apron. RAW is WAR.

<3

Fox
08-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Too bad Jericho wasn't invovled with ECW as well. That would have given them a leader.

You seem to forget how incredibly, ridiculously over Rob Van Dam was after little more than a few weeks. His popularity was second only to Stone Cold's in the Alliance.

Rammsteinmad
08-28-2008, 10:00 PM
I remember at the time seeing Rob Van Dam come running in and just thinking HOLY SHIT!!!

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
08-29-2008, 04:02 AM
I was watching this with a buddy of mine who actually first showed me ECW, and it occurred to me that they were ECW guys. Huge markout moment there, perhaps my biggest ever - right up there with the Radicals debut.

Juan
08-29-2008, 04:26 AM
It pisses me off how bad they fucked up this whole angle. :nono:

Indifferent Clox
08-29-2008, 04:44 AM
I would mark out if at Survivor Series CM Punk got to choose his team from anyone in WWE and Triple H got to do the same.

CM Punk chooses, Scotty Goldman, Brian Kendrick, Paul London, Jamie Noble, and brings in Bryan Danielson or Nigel Mcguinness, Austin Aries or Roderick Strong, for one night only and calls it Team Honor.

Triple H of course gets Batista, Cena, Big Show, Undertaker, Kane, and Shawn Michaels.

Here's how it could go

Big Show Danielson Start off. Big Show goes to pick up Danielson who slides under his legs, chop blocks his leg and stays a step ahead of him while working his leg, they keep big show on their side not allowing him to tag in and each person works a part of the body. They beat him within 10 minutes. He didn't get to make a single tag but came damn close a few times. They continue to use a similiar strategy on Batista but he eliminates both London and Goldman and tags in Shawn Michaels, but when he does HBK superkicks Undertaker, which counts as a tag, ten count for undertaker, eliminated. HBK helps out the other team the rest of the match to help take out Kane, and Cena. Triple H knocks out michaels and lays him outside the ring, eliminating him. He comes in and Him and Danielson have a nice little show, danielson gets pedigreed but is close enough to the rope to put his foot up, tags in Kendrick, who gets an immediete Pedigree, pinned.

CM Punk is laid out at this point. Danielson comes back in and eventually gets pinned as well.

CM Punk comes back in and wins a hard fought victory over Triple H.

Everyone gets over.

Outsider
08-29-2008, 04:53 AM
I still have that full RAW episode on tape. Not that I have a VCR anymore.

Without a doubt my favourite ever wrestling moment. Perfectly done and possibly the last interesting thing to happen in the WWF/E.

Theo Dious
08-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Yeah, having never really given a damn about ECW, I didn't really care about this moment, and I pretty much saw where it was going.

Fox
08-29-2008, 02:44 PM
I would mark out if at Survivor Series CM Punk got to choose his team from anyone in WWE and Triple H got to do the same.

CM Punk chooses, Scotty Goldman, Brian Kendrick, Paul London, Jamie Noble, and brings in Bryan Danielson or Nigel Mcguinness, Austin Aries or Roderick Strong, for one night only and calls it Team Honor.

Triple H of course gets Batista, Cena, Big Show, Undertaker, Kane, and Shawn Michaels.

Here's how it could go

Big Show Danielson Start off. Big Show goes to pick up Danielson who slides under his legs, chop blocks his leg and stays a step ahead of him while working his leg, they keep big show on their side not allowing him to tag in and each person works a part of the body. They beat him within 10 minutes. He didn't get to make a single tag but came damn close a few times. They continue to use a similiar strategy on Batista but he eliminates both London and Goldman and tags in Shawn Michaels, but when he does HBK superkicks Undertaker, which counts as a tag, ten count for undertaker, eliminated. HBK helps out the other team the rest of the match to help take out Kane, and Cena. Triple H knocks out michaels and lays him outside the ring, eliminating him. He comes in and Him and Danielson have a nice little show, danielson gets pedigreed but is close enough to the rope to put his foot up, tags in Kendrick, who gets an immediete Pedigree, pinned.

CM Punk is laid out at this point. Danielson comes back in and eventually gets pinned as well.

Everyone gets over.

Undertaker getting eliminated without ever getting into the ring; counted out like a total bitch? You're fucking high.

pj69
08-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Omg, the Invasion was a pretty huge mark out for yours truly. Good times.

XL
08-29-2008, 04:13 PM
At the time I had no access to watching wrestling due to having no Sky / cable or internet connection, so I was keeping up with happenings by reading results online. Even reading it made me mark out - and if I remember correctly I was in the school library with Danny Electric who was also reading / marking out.

Good times.

AKin3D
08-29-2008, 04:17 PM
The Invasion was such a great idea all around. I still can't believe how many people say it's the second worse story next to the ministry of darkness. But those people are sheep anyway.

CSL
08-29-2008, 04:19 PM
There are 3 million storylines in pro wrestling history that are worse than the Invasion and the Ministry. 2.5 million of them came in WCW between 1999 and 2001

Gertner
08-29-2008, 05:23 PM
You seem to forget how incredibly, ridiculously over Rob Van Dam was after little more than a few weeks. His popularity was second only to Stone Cold's in the Alliance.

yes, but to WWE fans who weren't familiar with ECW, Jericho's presence would have lent them more credibilitiy with them

thedamndest
08-29-2008, 05:26 PM
There were definitely worse storylines. The Invasion was fine, storyline was. The problem was how many non-WWE careers it left lying in its wake. In terms of booking the Invasion was pretty much the Holocaust.

AKin3D
08-29-2008, 06:27 PM
There are 3 million storylines in pro wrestling history that are worse than the Invasion and the Ministry. 2.5 million of them came in WCW between 1999 and 2001

True, but most people I know never gave WCW the time of day, so they wouldn't know.

Gertner
08-29-2008, 11:33 PM

Here's how it could go

Everyone gets over.

lol with the 5 people who'd actually buy that shows since the vast majority of the people who watch the wwe couldn't gvie two fucks about anybody on Punk's team

Indifferent Clox
08-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Undertaker getting eliminated without ever getting into the ring; counted out like a total bitch? You're fucking high.
It was a dumb idea tbh.

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2008, 05:55 AM
I marked out for that moment. If something that smarkishly epic happened again, I would cum my pants. I didn't fully understand it at the time, but I still loved it.

Stars from the Invasion should have been: Booker T, Rhyno, Rob Van Dam, Tazz, Kanyon and Diamond Dallas Page. These men were initially so over, and if they had not been booked into ruts, they could have been tremendous assets for the WWE.

In retrospect, the main event of WrestleMania X-8 should have been Chris Jericho vs. Rob Van Dam for the WWF Undisputed Championship. RVD was over like fucking hell at the time, and it would have been an awesome match. Meanwhile, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock and Triple H could have formed an Attitude era dream team to take on The nWo.

Ruien
09-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Rock vs Hogan needed to happen.

Tb1
09-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Feel this moment, for the rest of your life! :y:

Mr. Nerfect
09-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Rock vs Hogan needed to happen.

I was never too big on it. Mainly because I associated Hogan's iconic opposition to be Stone Cold Steve Austin. I always liked Stone Cold a lot more, though.