PDA

View Full Version : Heroes Season 3 thread

Splaya
08-31-2008, 06:27 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJxBw3uc5cU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJxBw3uc5cU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It looks sick

DS
08-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Season 2 was pretty bad but I'm glad season 3 is starting soon.

Destor
08-31-2008, 07:31 PM
season two rocked

Disturbed316
09-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Season two was good, could have done with being longer though, stupid writers strike.

Looking forward to season three, looks like Nathan survived then :)

Requiem
09-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Only a few episodes into season 2 right now.

Only thing I dislike about it is the spanish couple. Not a fan of them at all, but the rest is pretty good so far.

YOUR Hero
09-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Really like the show, hope it keeps being good.

Requiem
09-07-2008, 06:04 AM
Now that I finished season 2, I gave that trailer a watch. Looks fucking badass. Looks like it will be better than season 2.

It wasn't that I disliked season 2, cause I enjoyed it a lot. I just hated some of the new characters they brought in. The black girl did cheesy as fuck stuff and it pissed me off, and I didn't care about the spanish couple at all.

Shaggy
09-07-2008, 11:13 AM
I know alot of people who really disliked Season 2. My only problem with it was that spanish duo.

I cant wait to see season 3. I know the whole season has to do with villains and through some pics I saw online Im assuming that there will be a whole episodes focuses on "What if the Heroes were the villians?" Just like that futuristic episode from season 1.

Splaya
09-22-2008, 11:25 PM
So many questions after tonight

Gray
09-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Nooo Pirate Bay isnt working :'(

Thought Heroes was going to be on tonight.

YOUR Hero
09-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Sylar got Claire right off the bat.

XL
09-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

Doesn't start til October 1st over here (UK). Might have to start downloading this as well now.

Fryza
09-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Sylar got Claire right off the bat.

And it was awesome.

Lock Jaw
09-23-2008, 11:07 PM
It seems like Claire is developing new powers too.

EMO powers.

"THE ONLY TIME I CAN FEEL IS WHEN I HURT MYSELF!! :'("

Shaggy
09-24-2008, 12:54 AM
The new episodes completely screwed up what I was talking to a friend about....

I was talking to him about who I thought should get killed off...

(Spoilers in Black)

I said Mohinder because he is such a huge lead of a character yet has no superpowers. So that happens.....they give him a power.

Lock Jaw
09-24-2008, 12:57 AM
I don't think his Spider-Man powers are permanent though. Looked like he was losing his powers at the end there. Probably gonna have him become "addicted" to injecting himself with the powers.

Shaggy
09-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Yea I remember laughing so hard when he started climbing up the wall.... I was sitting there and I just blurted out...."Hes Fucking Spiderman?"

Nowhere Man
09-24-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm not sure what to make of it just yet. I'm interested to see what happens with these 'Level 5' villains running around, and the bits with Future Peter could be fun (especially if there's a Peter vs. Peter fight somewhere down the line), but there was a lot I just wasn't too crazy about.

It hasn't hit me as being nearly as thunderously retarded as Season 2 yet, so that's at least a good thing. I'm just glad it got me interested again.

Destor
09-24-2008, 07:00 AM
Loving it.

YOUR Hero
09-24-2008, 10:15 PM
I'd say ... at least at this point, that Nikki's new personalities come with new powers.

RoXer
09-24-2008, 10:57 PM
How did Sylar get to California so quickly?

What Would Kevin Do?
09-24-2008, 11:18 PM
So, I wonder if she was just fucking with him, or if Sylar is really going to be Peter and Nathan's brother.

Jon Kano
09-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Yeah coulda sworn the shot of Nathan's assassin was carrying something and walking off as the crowd went crazy in the season 2 version of the shooting.

Good start though.

Penner
09-25-2008, 12:51 PM
So what was the deal with Nikki anyways?

Like what happened to her

Jon Kano
09-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Oh she dead fool

Now her new personna has emerged

I call her, le sex

Blitz
09-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Love the first 2 eps. Mohinder really needs a heel turn in the worst way. Such a boring character. Have him go power mad and join the villains.

Fucking Nikki/Jessica/Tracy/WHATEVER. Kill this character. Please. None of her personas are remotely interesting. The idea of her getting new powers with every persona change is sort of intriguing. But the character herself, and Ali Larter's performance, just bugs the hell out of me.

I like what I've seen of the villains (Francis Capra :love: ). Noah Bennett continues his streak of utter badassery. Speedchick is hot as hell. Future Peter is awesome. Need more Future Hiro. All in all, a vast improvement over season 2 already.

Destor
09-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Peter needs to die. Way too powerful. It bugs me.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-30-2008, 01:44 AM
I love Sylar.

Splaya
09-30-2008, 03:19 AM
Absolutely sickening episode tonight.

You finally get some development about Niki. Apparently she was created. I am semi interested in her character again, only to see how it works itself out.

Peter and Future Peter going to the future to see everything. And we get our first true taste of Dark Claire next week.

I am happy that they are making Parkman the new future guy.

And last but not least Sylar is the fucking man. It's going to be interesting to see how they play his character out.

We have 11 more episodes until Chapter 3 is over. Chapter 4 is titled Fugitives, so it's gonna get real interesting.

If any of you saw the preview for next week, and saw the nicer side of Sylar, that is the future him. Next week is the future episode that we have heard about.

Heroes is back to being off the wall great!

Destor
09-30-2008, 03:20 AM
Serious question: Would Clair's hymen regenerate everytime? Wouldn't wanna bone a virgin everynight...:-\

Shaggy
09-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Serious question: Would Clair's hymen regenerate everytime? Wouldn't wanna bone a virgin everynight...:-\

That is one of those questions that would be mentioned by Brody in Mallrats.

Good episode...I love Sylar and cant wait for next weeks episode. He is definently my favorite character on the show.

Lock Jaw
10-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Sylar still feels kind of tacked on to me. Like he was the villain for volume one and then because he was popular they decided to keep him going. Though this possible face turn is interesting.

As far as villains go, I liked Adam more than Sylar.

Destor
10-01-2008, 12:40 AM
What happend to Adam? I honestly can't remember.

Lock Jaw
10-01-2008, 10:16 AM
He got a pretty lame ending and was just teleported by Hiro into a casket and buried alive.

Big Fat Mike
10-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Waiting for a Sylar face turn/ Peter heel turn.

Blitz
10-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Fucking love Sylar.

Gray
10-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Was gonna put it all in spoilers but hm, no-one else has :p

The first episode or second episode had me slightly confused. I remember during the first season, the main catchphrase each of the Heroes had was "Save the Cheerleader, Save the world". The "saving" part was from stopping Syler from getting to her and killing her.

There was some confusion over this, but as far as i remember, Hiro from the future told Peter that Claire got killed by Syler and he took her powers. So the main plotline was to NOT let Syler get to Claire.

But now in the new season - Suddenly everything is okay and its fine for Syler to have her powers? Unless perhaps, they needed Peter to get to Claire first so he could at least "absorb" her powers, to at least fight evenly. Confused.

I cant see Matt becoming the new Isaac, dont think i would want him too either, it would just be more rehashing of previous seasons. The one that has me concerned the most is Hiro and Ando! I really hope they dont happen to break up, those two are a comedic pairing who go together so well, to ruin that would be so sad.

The Nikki/Tracy storyline, hmm, wasnt a massive fan of Nikki [Even if she did dress... interestingly...] but now to find out shes a test tube baby? Hm. Interesting. How did she die though? I seem to remember a wound on her head, most likely be brought up in a few weeks i guess.

But this term "Villains" for the title of the third season. We're three episodes in, and as far as i am aware at the moment, the escapees from Level 5 [Which by the way i think is a rip of the Luthorcorp place on Smallville...] have been caught [Or killed by Syler] so... Bit premature to be finishing that so soon surely?

And i think lastly, Future Peter. Yes awesome. But again confused. In season one Future Peter looked exactly the same [The scar across the face, and in some cases, the hairstyle]. The events of season one never came to pass - Yet somehow, in a different timeline/whatever the new Future Peter looks exactly like the old one? Hm! -And you can also tell the actor of Peter was from the Rocky Balboa movie... Same mouth action as Rocky when he shouts!

Destor
10-01-2008, 08:36 PM
But this term "Villains" for the title of the third season. We're three episodes in, and as far as i am aware at the moment, the escapees from Level 5 [Which by the way i think is a rip of the Luthorcorp place on Smallville...] have been caught [Or killed by Syler] so... Bit premature to be finishing that so soon surely?
The escapee's are irrelevent. The tag line "villians" will be the vocal point of the season by exploring what the meaning of being a hero or villan is through the morality and choices our heros make. They are the one battling villians, their own inner villans.

Boondock Saint
10-01-2008, 08:40 PM
I think the black dude who killed the other villain is still on the loose.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Was gonna put it all in spoilers but hm, no-one else has :p

The first episode or second episode had me slightly confused. I remember during the first season, the main catchphrase each of the Heroes had was "Save the Cheerleader, Save the world". The "saving" part was from stopping Syler from getting to her and killing her.

There was some confusion over this, but as far as i remember, Hiro from the future told Peter that Claire got killed by Syler and he took her powers. So the main plotline was to NOT let Syler get to Claire.

But now in the new season - Suddenly everything is okay and its fine for Syler to have her powers? Unless perhaps, they needed Peter to get to Claire first so he could at least "absorb" her powers, to at least fight evenly. Confused.

I cant see Matt becoming the new Isaac, dont think i would want him too either, it would just be more rehashing of previous seasons. The one that has me concerned the most is Hiro and Ando! I really hope they dont happen to break up, those two are a comedic pairing who go together so well, to ruin that would be so sad.

The Nikki/Tracy storyline, hmm, wasnt a massive fan of Nikki [Even if she did dress... interestingly...] but now to find out shes a test tube baby? Hm. Interesting. How did she die though? I seem to remember a wound on her head, most likely be brought up in a few weeks i guess.

And i think lastly, Future Peter. Yes awesome. But again confused. In season one Future Peter looked exactly the same [The scar across the face, and in some cases, the hairstyle]. The events of season one never came to pass - Yet somehow, in a different timeline/whatever the new Future Peter looks exactly like the old one? Hm! -And you can also tell the actor of Peter was from the Rocky Balboa movie... Same mouth action as Rocky when he shouts!

Sylar having Clair's power is irrelevant now. The reason they needed to stop him originally was because Peter believed it was Sylar who went nuclear and destroyed New York. If he had gotten Clair's power, Hero wouldn't have been able to stab him, and stop him from going "nuclear." That was the entire reason for "Save the Cheerleader", because they believed Sylar caused the destruction, and they couldn't stop him if he had Clair's power. Since the entire going nuclrear thing is resolved now, it doesn't matter.

Also, Adam showed up in Peter's mom's dream about the future. It was Sylar, Adam, Ali Larter's character, and the black guy who escaped from the prison.

Sylar and Noah are badass together. I really want Sylar to be the true Hero, who stops Peter after Peter becomes corrupted due to essentially being a god. That, or I'm waiting for Peter's mom to feed SYlar Peter's power, making Sylar unstoppable too.

Gray
10-02-2008, 04:47 AM
I think in the end it will probably boil down to Syler getting killed at the hand of Noah. He will enlist the help of the Haitian [Surely... Sylers powers wont work while the Haitian is around?] and then just kill him. This poses the question though as soon as Haitian leaves, will he just regenerate again?

Although if im honest, another way would be to perhaps roast him alive. Claire found a weakness she never knew she had thanks to her biological mum, just lock him up and make the room toasty, i doubt he would be able to concentrate on using his powers with a lack of oxygen.

Do recall seeing Adam last week in that dream, but i was only aware that Hiro knew of the location that he buried him in. But it was still a dream, might not have come to pass now.

Destor
10-07-2008, 11:24 AM
I couldn't tell, did that last ep happen as a dream sequence?

The Destroyer
10-07-2008, 11:45 AM
WBut this term "Villains" for the title of the third season. We're three episodes in, and as far as i am aware at the moment, the escapees from Level 5 [Which by the way i think is a rip of the Luthorcorp place on Smallville...] have been caught [Or killed by Syler] so... Bit premature to be finishing that so soon surely?
Knox is still on the loose. Plus I'm sure there were meant to have been at least a dozen escapees from Level 5, we've only seen 4 of them so far.

Shaggy
10-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Have they ever mentioned anything about who Peter and Nathans father is?

I cant remember if they have or not but im thinking that its Mr Linderman....

Anyone else getting this vibe as well....

Nark Order
10-07-2008, 02:10 PM
I've also raised the possibility of Linderman being the father of Nathan/Peter and in some episodes it almost sounds like their mother says that he is the father in a couple dialouge exchanges but I just hear it wrong. lol. I would not be surprised though if that were the case though.

Also, is it just me or does Sylar only use half of the powers that he has obtained? I've been waiting for him to use the power of persuasion that he got from Bennett's partner (Eve?) but he has yet to.

The Destroyer
10-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Sylar never got Eden's ability - she blew her brains out before he had the chance to take it.

It's never been stated on screen, but one of the producers recently stated in an interview that Sylar doesn't have any of his Season One acquired powers bar the telekinesis - although I suppose that's been contradicted by him using Ted's radiation powers and Isaac's future painting skills in the future part of the most recent episode. He's probably just not bothered about using half his abilities on a regular basis, since to be honest the telekinesis alone is pretty effective.

All we know about Peter and Nathan's dad is that he's dead - I think some of his background's been revealed in stuff like the comics, but nothing too in depth.

Shaggy
10-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Yea Destroyer has it right for Sylars powers....

Everything Ive read recently about Sylar seems to state that he basically lost all the powers he gained from Season 1 except for his own ability of Hunger or what ever the hell you want to call it and Telekenisis.

Lock Jaw
10-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Yay for Adam being back.

Also, I'm thinking they should turn Mohinder into Cobra Commander. He can be all like "I wasssss oncccccce a maaaaaannnnnn!"

Shaggy
10-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Does anyone have any guess on who this surprise returning character is?

The only person I can even think of at the moment is possibly Matts father.

Splaya
10-08-2008, 12:55 AM
It's Arthur Petrelli, aka Peter and Nathan's father

Destor
10-08-2008, 02:21 AM
What happend to the black chick with the power to umm...how to put it...replicate actions? I think they called her a copy cat...any way. Where has she been. I really dug her. :(

Destor
10-08-2008, 02:23 AM
It's never been stated on screen, but one of the producers recently stated in an interview that Sylar doesn't have any of his Season One acquired powers bar the telekinesis -
It's been said on screen. I was a big part of his stroy line in season two. In fact it was his entie story line

XL
10-08-2008, 10:19 AM
What happend to the black chick with the power to umm...how to put it...replicate actions? I think they called her a copy cat...any way. Where has she been. I really dug her. :(
I have the feeling that you are in the minority there and that's why we're yet to see her feature this season (what with the 'bad reviews' for Season 2).

Destor
10-08-2008, 10:28 AM
That's been my fear. :(

The Destroyer
10-08-2008, 02:33 PM
It's been said on screen. I was a big part of his stroy line in season two. In fact it was his entie story line
Nah, I mean after he got his powers back at the end of season two - seemingly didn't get all of them back.

Monica apparently won't be back, again according to the writers. The replicating actions girl.

Splaya
10-09-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm ready to see the Shape shifter again :love:

Nark Order
10-09-2008, 11:46 PM
I thought it was a little weird that they killed the shapeshifter off so quickly. I liked her.

Shaggy
10-10-2008, 12:59 AM
I want to see more of the speedster chick... Im really digging her

Jon Kano
10-10-2008, 02:30 AM
That fuckin African guy with Parkman is REALLY pissing me off

Blitz
10-10-2008, 06:23 PM
God I fucking hate Mohinder.

Shaggy
10-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Yea I was never a a Mohinder fan either. I hope he gets killed off. I doubt it though because he plays kinda a major role in the whole show consdering it all started with him.

XL
10-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Well we know he's still alive in 4 years time...well, in the current future that is.

XL
10-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Balls, I wanted to use my 2000th post for something much better than that!

Destor
10-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Great episode last night, and next week looks amazing.

Also:

ROBERT FUCKING FORESTER!

Splaya
10-14-2008, 09:19 PM
The path of who is a villain and who is a hero is being drawn. But I'd like to know who you guys think will be good and who will be bad.

It's beginning to be shown how Claire turns dark.

Destor
10-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Clair will go to the brink of being evil and ultimitely be saved. She's a main draw for them, she wont stay evil.

Lock Jaw
10-14-2008, 09:37 PM
I read that Luther Reigns played the bartender on that last episode. Didn't even notice.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-14-2008, 10:15 PM
I might go over everyone later, but ultimately, there's only two people I care about being good or evil. I want Peter to be evil, and Sylar to be good. Sylar should be the real hero damnit!

Lock Jaw
10-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Sylar has super-eyebrow powers.

Jon Kano
10-14-2008, 11:08 PM
How fucking good was that episode.

I was waiting to find out what made people hate Peter, or why he went bad...he helps/teams up with his father and when the sides are divided that the storm that's coming.

Its so exciting.

XL
10-15-2008, 09:42 AM
I read that Luther Reigns played the bartender on that last episode. Didn't even notice.
I thought to myself "That guy looks like Luther Reigns." but I couldn't be sure as I was watching on a stream that wasn't particularly good quality.

Big Fat Mike
10-15-2008, 05:01 PM
I knew It was luther immediatley. I yelled out "THATS LUTHER REIGNS" in a room with like 12 people in it and nobody knew what I was talking about. :(

Adder
10-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Good show, good season so far. Like Destor, I liked the copycat girl too. She should be brought back.

Buzzkill
10-15-2008, 06:00 PM
This is the worst television I have ever seen. Fuck Heroes, I've completely given up.

El Vaquero de Infierno
10-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Daphne is hot, and her chemistry with Hiro and Ando is great.

Jon Kano
10-15-2008, 06:04 PM
She's hot but her voice makes me want to punch her in the face, her acting could do with some work too.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-15-2008, 07:19 PM
She's hot but her voice makes me want to punch her in the face, her acting could do with some work too.

90% of the casts acting could use some work.

Shaggy
10-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Here is kinda my theory..... of course Spoiler warning for those who havnt watced the recent episode yet...

I dont really think that Clair, Matt and Speedster chick really know that they are going to be bad guys. They probably think they are good and trying to do the right thing but we all know its the wrong thing.

Jon Kano
10-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Shaggy in the previous episodes, we were to assume they were going to be the baddies because:

- they were working with badass claire, the black guy and Nathan etc
- at that time Peter was the hero.

Now he has 'the hunger', he killed Nathan in the future, attacked and nearly killed his Mother and is clearly set to become bad/unstable.

A war is also coming, Petrelli's father is making a super army and plans for a new world order and yeah, speedy girl was recruited by him also, but in the future, she is caring, with Matt and wanting to bring Peter down, which means in that timeline, Peter wasn't on anyone's side, because of what he had done.

I dunno thats the impression I got.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Based on that "future" I'm really wondering what happens between Sylar and Noah. Obviously Sylar lives in their old house, and Sylar has a kid named Noah (that I'm pretty sure wasn't his.) I'm wondering if Noah starts to have faith in Sylar, and they find a kid, like Noah did with Clair, and Sylar takes care of him... Although if he's named Noah, I'm thinking Noah dies... maybe saving Sylar?

XL
10-15-2008, 09:02 PM
I think the line between hero and villain will be very blurry.

I look at it like this: Hitler and his Nazi regime thought they were doing the right thing. The Allied Forces thought they were doing the right thing.

Not sure whether anyone will be truly "evil" just misguided perhaps.

Jon Kano
10-15-2008, 09:02 PM
I thought about that. And I came up with the theory Sylar kills Noah, thats why Claire goes even more fucked up and distant than usual. If not, she kills Noah based on the tensions between them that already have begun to boil, like how 'he can't see their humanity' or whatever shit Sylar was on about.

None of this theorising really matters since by the butterfly effect logic, the actions present Peter and the rest now make are effectively totally changing what we saw as the future. Only until Hiro or Peter or whoever goes into the future again can we make a guess as to what happens for what reasons.

Jon Kano
10-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I think the line between hero and villain will be very blurry.

I look at it like this: Hitler and his Nazi regime thought they were doing the right thing. The Allied Forces thought they were doing the right thing.

Not sure whether anyone will be truly "evil" just misguided perhaps.

:rofl:

XL
10-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Don't see what is so "rofl".

Peter always thinks he is doing the right thing (e.g. taking Sylar's power in the future) no matter who is in his ear.

You could come up with a counter argument...or not I guess (I wonder why Kano has 3 red dots?)

Jon Kano
10-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Hmmmm....think I will counter....

First off, he didn't take his power, he ALWAYS had it, he just didn't know how to use it. And once Sylar taught him, laid it out to him (with the fixing of the clock, understanding how things work), he now had the skill to wield the power, only the 'hunger' for more is kicking in, which is blurring the whole villain/hero role for Peter right now.

Its not a case of Peter choosing really, with him its going to be a battle.

This is supported by the fact that at the moment with the speed chick and the black guy, we have seen a future where they are wanting Peter dead, for what reason? let's assume its because he eventually goes off the fucking rails and isn't able to control the hunger. So they and Claire eventually kill him, but since he was trying to help present Peter at that time, and change his present (the future) it is suggestible at some point after he fucks up, he regains control of himself/the battle with the hunger....which ultimately may explain his scar. He has the power to heal, only something cosmic/big would mean a permanent scar for him.....say a battle with 'himself' or the results of a big face off with someone.

Rep has nothing to do with, well, anything really. How old are you?

Destor
10-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Now that Peter has the hunger doesn't that make that entire future irrelevent? Is'nt that going to cause a butterfly affect and completely alter that future?

Jon Kano
10-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Yeah thats what I said a few posts ago, none of this theorising matters really until we see someone go into the future again, but still, guess you kinda have to assume and take it into account otherwise the focus on what they decide to feature in the future episodes means nothing anyway.

I dunno, take both into account and it doesn't hurt to speculate anyway.

Jon Kano
10-15-2008, 11:18 PM
I mean Peter still did something for people close to him wanting him dead, even before he changed the future, by going back and shooting Nathan, Claire was still just about to put a slug in his head.

XL
10-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Peter's not the only example of what I'm getting at though.

Claire seems to be on a path that could lead to being either a hero or a villain. She intended to kill the Level 5 escapees, then started to understand and sympathise with one of them. She seems to be moving away from ther father's beliefs (which too could be for good or bad) and forming her own. Ultimately she is "on the verge".

Then you have Hiro - a good soul. Who has fallen into a crowd of "villains". Granted he probably killed ando knowing he can go back and stop it but for now he is following a path that he beileves will allow him to save the world. That path seeminly leads to Patrelli Snr. who we now believe to be the 'bad guy'...

...where as for the first two seasons we believed The Company were bad and that Angela Patrelli was the 'bad guy'.

Mohinder was always working for good but has 'turned' bad.

Someone tell me you see what I'm getting at. The sides have not been drawn yet...we don't really know who the good guys and bad guys are / will be and I believe neither do the characters.

XL
10-16-2008, 12:22 AM
...which ultimately may explain his scar. He has the power to heal, only something cosmic/big would mean a permanent scar for him.....say a battle with 'himself' or the results of a big face off with someone.
I always thought that the scar would come from Hiro's sword. As that seems to have some kind of significance to the whole story.

Rep has nothing to do with, well, anything really. How old are you?
I agree that rep has nothing to do with who's opinion matters more but poor rep can show how someone conducts themselves around here.

Jon Kano
10-16-2008, 12:28 AM
I always thought that the scar would come from Hiro's sword. As that seems to have some kind of significance to the whole story.

I agree that rep has nothing to do with who's opinion matters more but poor rep can show how someone conducts themselves around here.

Isn't it actually Adam Monroe's sword? :D But yeah, could be the cause.

Yes I agree. And with that logic I guess its applicable since I am not always the model poster. Gimme a break, I'm a child of divorce :D

Lara Emily
10-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Now that Peter has the hunger doesn't that make that entire future irrelevent? Is'nt that going to cause a butterfly aI don't think Peter getting the hunger changed fect and completely alter that future?

Don't forget there are two futures, the one that occurred because Nathan revealed their existence and the one that was created because he didn't. When Peter traveled back in time and shot Nathan he created Future 2, he also was the one that brought present Peter into future 2. So really I don't think Peter getting the hunger changed anything because I'd imagine in Future 2 Peter has always had the hunger.

If that makes sense.

Lock Jaw
10-16-2008, 09:47 PM
There was also the future from last season where all the superhumans were put into camps and Peter brought that chick with him to one of them and then left her there.

Lara Emily
10-17-2008, 06:42 AM
There was also the future from last season where all the superhumans were put into camps and Peter brought that chick with him to one of them and then left her there.

Yeah but that was stopped when they stopped the virus.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-17-2008, 09:00 AM
So any thoughts on what Arthur Patrelli's power(s) will be?

Destor
10-17-2008, 11:17 AM
The power...to move you.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I need to spread Rep apparently, but I love the Tenacious D reference.

Also, I fucking hate Heroes now

Apparently on tonight's episode they're going to kill off Adam, and he won't be coming back :(

Jon Kano
10-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Adam is a bit of a prick anyway

What Would Kevin Do?
10-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Adam is fucking awesome.

Jon Kano
10-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Yeah well if you are right soon he won't be, right?

And no, he isn't.

Destor
10-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Really sucks about Adam, he was SO the man. No idea how he can die though. Shouldn't be able to. Interested in seeing how they handle that down the road.Anywho, very good episode and I'm super fucking pumped about Robert Forester and even more happy to see Peter loose his powers, he's way too over powered...

Blitz
10-20-2008, 10:26 PM
I'd be more interested in Mohinder's arc if I thought he was actually gonna stay bad, but I just know he's gonna get cured and go on a quest for redemption that is equal parts boring and suck.

Destor
10-20-2008, 10:30 PM
My only real gripe with Heroes: they don't take their time with anything. They have all these charecters and they get so caught up in trying to have EVERYONE do something interesting each week that they don't stop and smell the roses with some of these smaller stories. Real drag. Not every person has to be fetured every week. Ya know? Whatever though, really love the show.

Lock Jaw
10-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah, sucks big time that Adam is gone. He was a much better villain than Sylar. He should be the one to be painfully dragged out after his villain arc is done.

But yeah, he died because he had his power stolen by Peter's dad. So without it, a thing called his age caught up with him and he crumbled. As opposed to when he took Peter's powers, Peter doesn't wither and die without them.

Boondock Saint
10-21-2008, 01:13 AM
Why does my browser just jump back to the top when I click the spoiler button?

Jon Kano
10-21-2008, 11:10 AM
My only real gripe with Heroes: they don't take their time with anything. They have all these charecters and they get so caught up in trying to have EVERYONE do something interesting each week that they don't stop and smell the roses with some of these smaller stories. Real drag. Not every person has to be fetured every week. Ya know? Whatever though, really love the show.

Yeah man, I agree with that.

Gray
10-26-2008, 06:06 AM
Sucks that Adam has gone now, along with Hiro he was probably one of my favorites. Something i dont quite understand about killing off Adam though.

First Peters dad went and killed off Adam for his immortality, which then made him better. He then proceeded to steal Peters power, who, in himself i believe would also be classed as an "immortal" since Claire seems to be the same.

Why involve Adam, when Peter basically had the total package. Although now Peter has had his powers removed, whether tempory or permanent [Unlikely] perhaps this could explain "Future-Peters" scar across his face? The scar to his face may have occured if he had no powers to regenerate himself.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-28-2008, 09:33 PM
It would have been damn near impossible for Arthur to get Peter's powers when he was in his vegetative state. Adam had no real offensive powers, so the black dude who gets stronger with fear could easily over power him and put him against Arthur so Arthur could grab him. Peter on the other hand could kick all their asses no problem.

Anywho, I'm assuming Peter will get injected with the new serum and get his powers back. Also, I love what they're doing with Sylar.

Jon Kano
10-30-2008, 06:38 AM
Hiro is really starting to piss me off.

U-Warrior
10-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Wow, arthur is a bastard.

Nark Order
11-01-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm predicting a massive showdown between Sylar and Arthur at some point. It's pretty obvious that Sylar didn't actually align with his father or Peter would've been toast.

YOUR Hero
11-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Sylar's a loner. I don't ever see him aligning with anyone for any long period of time.

Gray
11-11-2008, 01:15 PM
New episode was actually pretty damn good. Certainly tied up a few loose ends especially from the first season!

I remember when Arthur Petrelli died, i thought they all said it was actually suicide? Hence when Peter went to jump off the building the truth of it come out.

Last bit was awesome though, decapitation = Woot! -Just hope Hiro's powers havent been stolen. Maybe though Arthur will make Hiro into a badguy, putting things into his head like he did with his missus.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-11-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't know if Hiro loses his abilities, but I do know he loses his memory.
I also know that at some point in the future, Sylar and Elle team up, and Noah is pissed at them for something.

Requiem
11-13-2008, 04:44 AM
Getting pretty tired of this show now. First season was great. Second season blew balls because the characters they introduced sucked. This season is just pissing me off because they're not going anywhere with it yet. It's just the same shit now, and they're killing off characters that I liked.. I will keep watching it on hulu if I can remember, but if they ever kill Noah off, I am done with it.

RP
11-13-2008, 04:51 AM
I don't know if Hiro loses his abilities, but I do know he loses his memory.
I also know that at some point in the future, Sylar and Elle team up, and Noah is pissed at them for something.

wild

Blitz
11-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Loved this week's ep, maybe the best single episode of the series since Company Man.

Requiem
11-14-2008, 12:19 AM
I pretty much disagree with that statement. It was one of the better ones of this season, but the show itself is going downhill. I'm not the only one who thinks that either. Apparently, a couple of high-up people working on the show got canned recently.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-14-2008, 01:27 AM
This has been my favorite season actually. 2nd season sucked, and the 1st season had a ton of shit that just bugged me.

Blitz
11-14-2008, 02:05 AM
I pretty much disagree with that statement. It was one of the better ones of this season, but the show itself is going downhill. I'm not the only one who thinks that either. Apparently, a couple of high-up people working on the show got canned recently.
I agree that the show itself has gone down. But this was still a great ep to me.

U-Warrior
11-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Am the only one who thinks Sylar's turn feels kinda forced. Not terribly so, but enough that I'm just not enjoyi it like other people are.

Dunno, maybe its cause he made for such an evil manipulative bastard of a villain, that I don't want to see him be good.

Lock Jaw
11-14-2008, 11:59 PM
I liked the second season more than the first. Mainly because Adam was the man. So much better than Sylar.

Blitz
11-15-2008, 02:29 PM
The show definitely needs a completely unrepentant, evil villain. Hopefully Arthur Petrelli will be that character, and not yet another villain who eventually turns good.

Splaya
11-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Well the report is for the next chapter "Fugitives" you have a guy who apparently hunts people with powers. So he will be going after both Heroes and Villains

Also, there was a casting for like a 14 year old boy who is being reported to being "Sylar Jr.

Splaya
11-16-2008, 07:34 PM
I was looking ahead in my DVR to next week and the preview says: The Eclipse Part 1.

So whatever happens a week from tommorow is a 2 part episode.

Gonna be sick

parkmania
12-08-2008, 05:38 PM
So, does anyone think that now that the eclipse is over that Peter will regain his power to gain powers? Or is he still stuck?

Splaya
12-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Going on a bold prediction, but this showdown happens tonight with the Haitian and Peter and Arthur.

And in my DVR preview for next week, it says that Nathan and Peter face off after the confrontation with Arthur. So I'm thinking that Arthur either dies or gets put out of commission and Peter regains his powers.

How will this happen?

Peter will destroy THE RING that is on his dad's hand, thus releasing the powers that he has stolen. I have said all along that Arthur does not take the powers away from people, but the ring is in fact what actually does it

parkmania
12-11-2008, 05:02 PM
It was a good idea, Splaya, but I think it was a bit too Tolkien-y for the show. Not to mention I think it would have been a bad idea to start having "artifacts" (for lack of a better term) that have powers. The show's supposed to be about people. Your idea would have been very easily used in the Stargate universe, but I just think it wouldn't fit properly in Heroes.

Kane Knight
12-12-2008, 03:13 PM
What happened at the end of the last episode? My DVR cut off right after the soldier stopped shaking.

parkmania
12-12-2008, 07:45 PM
He got up, pulled the chair out of the cement, and proceeded to throw it through the glass case wall and solidly into the wall of the outer room. I forget if you already saw Peter shoot his dad, Sylar stop the bullet, give Peter the cheek scar, then let the bullet continue through Papa Petrelli's skull.

Kane Knight
12-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I saw the other stuff you mentioned. Thanks though.

parkmania
12-13-2008, 11:36 AM
BTW, they advertized that next week is the last new episode of the year. Guess we'll be getting reruns for at least a couple weeks (2009 is almost here). Wonder if this'll be the end of Chapter 3: Villans?

ron the dial
12-13-2008, 11:57 AM
i'm pretty sure that's what i read. volume 4 starts after the break.

Splaya
12-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Volume 4 doesn't start until Feburary. Villians is over after this week, and Fugitives starts in Feburary

parkmania
12-15-2008, 04:01 PM
That means I've got time to get myself and the wife caught back up on Burn Notice before they start airing new eps. Excellent.

Fignuts
12-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Thank fucking god sylar is evil again. Made me want to gag as a misunderstood good guy.

Kane Knight
12-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Thank fucking god sylar is evil again. Made me want to gag as a misunderstood good guy.

I thought it was interesting that they teased humanity. I mean, going back to season 1, it seemed very much as though Sylar probably could have been saved with a few words. He portrayed himself as a sinner, as someone who wanted forgiveness, even as he became a monster. He even went home to Mommy, and we saw that she didn't think it was okay for him to just be a watchmaker.

All that happened in this season and season 1 makes him the more incredible villain for it.

Anyway, Season 2 is my least favorite so far. Season 3 (part 1) was pretty epic, but I think I liked Season 1 more. I've been watching Season 1 again on BD, and I forgot how much I loved the build. But I cannot wait for Chapter 4.

Also, Hiro is adorable. :D

Lock Jaw
12-18-2008, 11:59 PM
I'd say Season 2 is by far the best. Even though the whole Sylar/Maya/Mohinder story was pretty much pointless.

YOUR Hero
12-19-2008, 10:40 AM
The show has had it's ebbs and flows, overall it's been very entertaining. My gripe if anything,as I've stated before, is sometimes they try to pack too many twists into the plot. Some is ok, but not everything has to be that way.

It's entertaining to be the one that knows, and have the characters be in the dark. No what I mean. Again, not always, but a good mix of plot and action, not get stuck doing things in one formula.

Jon Kano
12-19-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't have the internet anymore until god knows when, but I would like to come into this thread to just say...

Really liked this season, was better than the previous.

Soooo glad Peter has his powers back.

Looking forward to Nathan becomming a complete twat next season.

Sylar rules again.

I hope Mohinder is abolished.

Thats all for now.

Requiem
12-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I'd say Season 2 is by far the best. Even though the whole Sylar/Maya/Mohinder story was pretty much pointless.

Season 2 was a piece of trash. Like seriously, the worst season of almost any show I've seen. The characters they focused on were terrible, and the stories were stupid.

Admittedly, Season 3 has redeemed itself with the past several episodes. I was about to stop watching when they killed off the black guy in the desert, but it got better right after and I have been enjoying it again.

Kane Knight
12-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Season 2 pretty much reads like filler. Like, "let's spin our wheels until we have a good idea." I'm sure that wasn't their intent, but it really does come off that way. A lot of the stories were just plain dumb or worse.

Also, given the last three seasons have all done the same sort of thing, I'm worried that Petrelli's going to like lose himself in some way in every season. I eagerly await the next chapter, where he loses control of his bladder or something.

Lock Jaw
12-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Season 2 was good mostly because of the Hiro/Adam story which was like ten times better than anything else done on the show. Plus, Adam made a much better and more interesting villain than Sylar.

Blitz
12-20-2008, 02:00 AM
I'd really like if they ended up making Nathan the main villain for the rest of the series. The idea of him starting as a solid good guy and falling from grace I find rather appealing. But I am afraid we will be headed for some sort of redemption arc for him next season.

Fignuts
12-20-2008, 02:05 AM
Am I the only one who found the ending kind of ant-climatic. Like, it felt too abrupt.

Splaya
12-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah it did. However, supposedly in the first episode of the new chapter, all the Heroes are leading normal lives again. Claire is cheerleading, Peter is working as an EMT.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Cv5ofrFu30&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Cv5ofrFu30&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seriously, so pumped

YOUR Hero
12-20-2008, 10:56 PM
I'd really like if they ended up making Nathan the main villain for the rest of the series. The idea of him starting as a solid good guy and falling from grace I find rather appealing. But I am afraid we will be headed for some sort of redemption arc for him next season.
Nah, I see Nathan being the bad guy. Not Sylar-esque evil and stuff, but the man in a powerful position with an agenda

Fignuts
12-21-2008, 02:01 AM
They already had that in arthur petrelli though. He has to have some sort of moment of clarity at the end, or else he's just he same exact guy as his dad, and there was no point in replacing him.

Lock Jaw
12-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Nathan has pretty much always been a bit iffy.

Nark Order
12-21-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about Ando having powers now but it's not like we didn't know it was coming.

Jon Kano
12-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Adam made a much better and more interesting villain than Sylar.

I would've slapped you with a trout in the fucking face if I heard you say that in person. Were you on ecstacy when you posted this? then fair enough.

I'm not sure how I feel about Ando having powers now but it's not like we didn't know it was coming.

I for one think he is a rubbish, not needed character, who has a shit power which was a very poor narrative tool which we know full well was only used to enable Hiro to return to the present. Its a shit power, for a shit character, who is portrayed also by a shit actor which was all a shitty part of the script that could've actually worked out better...oh I dunno...He gets trapped there for several episodes which effect the present? - That hasn't been done much in any TV show I have seen, they seem to focus on the butterfly effect every season, be good to expand on it, would look good with their budget too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I hope Sylar slices that piece of shit like grated cheese, takes his power, then never chooses to use it again out of my own hatred for it. That way the frustrational and methaphorical scar in my mind of Ando, his power, and that entire part of the story is kind of healed.

YOUR Hero
12-24-2008, 10:16 AM
They already had that in arthur petrelli though. He has to have some sort of moment of clarity at the end, or else he's just he same exact guy as his dad, and there was no point in replacing him.

Still see this being the way it goes. A father-like-son kinda thing. Nathan is a developed character that everyone knows. He'd be a great person to have tease with goodness, whilst always being on the wrong side of things. He thinks he's doing what's best....blah blah blah.

Disturbed316
01-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Has anyone got a link for the episode Dual (ep 13)? Missed it over christmas and cant find a decent site anywhere.

Lock Jaw
01-01-2009, 01:32 PM
http://www.surfthechannel.com/episode/93/426665.html

Requiem
01-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Hulu has it in high quality.

YOUR Hero
01-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Going to see if I can download a missed episode.

Disturbed316
01-05-2009, 04:56 AM
Am I the only one who found the ending kind of ant-climatic. Like, it felt too abrupt.

Nope, feel exactly the same. I thought that of season 2 aswell, although the writers strike was to blame for that so I dont know what the fuck they were doing this time.

Thoughts this season had a great build up, but felt the ending was just over too quick. After all the trouble they had getting into Pinehurst, what they eventually did made me wonder why they didn't just do it in the first place.

The Sylar ending was abit stupid, A- Why didn't Slyars senses tell him what was going on behind him? B- Why didn't the company just do that months ago?

I think the first season is still my favourite one, it was just perfect. The build up, the tension, who'se the bomb etc etc. I did enjoy two and three, but the first series beats them by miles.

What Would Kevin Do?
01-05-2009, 10:18 AM
The Sylar ending was abit stupid, A- Why didn't Slyars senses tell him what was going on behind him? B- Why didn't the company just do that months ago?

Well, he isn't spider-man. Although it'd be great if he randomly said "MY Sylar Sense is tingling!"

parkmania
01-08-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm still waiting for Sylar to say that something or other is "illogical".

Oh, and for those that don't know, the Heroes/Star Trek connection continues: The President is being played by Michael Dorn aka Worf from ST:TNG.

YOUR Hero
01-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Worf? Damn Klingons are infultrating the Federation!