PDA

View Full Version : Odd Facts You Know About Wrestlers

Champion of Europa
03-20-2004, 02:22 PM
What are some odd facts you know about wrestlers.

Undertaker:

Favorite Movie: The Wizard of Oz

Also, he hates cucumbers to the extent that if he sees one in his food, he will become sick.

Shaggy
03-20-2004, 02:38 PM
Dont know if these are really odd but they are facts:

WWE owns the domain name http://www.payperview.com

When Ric Flair was in WCW his kids would watch Raw and only switch to WCW when Flair was on.

Andre the Giant drank 14 bottles of wine before his match with Hulk Hogan at WM3.

When Rock was in College he used to do the People's Eyebrow I all the time but called it the Heat Brow.

Tazz's personalized license plate reads TAP OUT

Crippler Crossface was invented by Dean Malenko

Kurt Angle's wife used to be a stripper

tucsonspeed6
03-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Kurt Angle's wife used to be a stripper

She's hot. I believe it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Yeah post more facts, this thread'll be the man.

Mr. JL
03-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Andre the Giant drank 14 bottles of wine before his match with Hulk Hogan at WM3.
LOL

Funky Fly
03-20-2004, 03:02 PM
LOL
His back was in a lot of pain at the time, and he needed surgery really badly.

Shaggy
03-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Al Snow is well trained in martial arts, mat grappling, free style, hardcore, and shoot-fight wrestling

Before becoming a wrestler, Val Venis used to race motorcross

Kane has degrees in English and Teaching

Ryan Shamrock's real name is Alesha Webb, and she is a topless dancer from Houston, Texas

Paul Wight played college basketball at Wichita State

Nicole Bass's married name is Fuchs

British Bulldog, Davey Boy Smith paid the WWF $100,000 to get out of his contract to leave for WCW.

From 1986-1989 Ric Flair averaged 34 minutes per-match. In that span he had 19 matches that lasted longer than 50 minutes

Saturn dated Chyna before she entered the WWF

Hulk Hogan earned 1.8 million dollars with his match up against Randy Macho Man Savage at Wrestlemania 5

Shawn Michaels is a huge Garth Brooks fan

During one drinking session Andre the Giant drank 119 bottles of beer

WrestleMania VII was moved from the Rose Bowl to the Sports Arena in Los Angeles because Vince McMahon feared a sniper might try and take out lead heel Sgt. Slaughter, playing the role of a Iraqi sympathizer during the Gulf War

Triple H (WM2000) was the first heel to leave a WrestleMania with WWF Title

In 1991, Ric Flair was fired/quit WCW. He showed up in the WWF soon thereafter holding the WCW title and claimed to be the "Real World's champion." The reason he was able to leave the company with the title is because he owned that title. WCW later bought it back from Flair for reportedly $75,000

Christian and Jerry Lynn both won WWF Light-Heavy Weight Title on there TV debuts.

Mr. JL
03-20-2004, 03:19 PM
His back was in a lot of pain at the time, and he needed surgery really badly.
Really? I knew he had some back issues but I didn't think it was so bad that he needed 14 bottles of wine just to take the edge off. You would never guess he had 14 bottles of wine before his match, thats for sure.

tucsonspeed6
03-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Ryan Shamrock's real name is Alesha Webb, and she is a topless dancer from Houston, Texas

Man, she was dumb. Who could possibly forget something so simple as a simple slap. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, watch the St. Valentine's Day Massacre with Val Venus v. Ken Shamrock. Midway through the match, Ryan gets involved and Ken confronts her. It went something like this:

Ryan interferes

Ken gets up and yells at her: "What the hell are you doing? What do you think you're doing? What's wrong with you?"
(This isn't the exact quote, but I do remember him asking her like three times in a row the same question because it was her cue to slap him.)

Ryan stares at Ken blankly.

Ken gives up and tells Ryan: "Slap me"

Ryan snaps out of her crack high and slaps Ken.

I should add something to this thread too...
I believe I heard once that Jericho was a Sunday School teacher before he got going with wrestling. Maven was the same way.

Mr. JL
03-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Man, she was dumb. Who could possibly forget something so simple as a simple slap. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, watch the St. Valentine's Day Massacre with Val Venus v. Ken Shamrock. Midway through the match, Ryan gets involved and Ken confronts her. It went something like this:

Ryan interferes

Ken gets up and yells at her: "What the hell are you doing? What do you think you're doing? What's wrong with you?"
(This isn't the exact quote, but I do remember him asking her like three times in a row the same question because it was her cue to slap him.)

I believe I heard once that Jericho was a Sunday School teacher before he got going with wrestling. Maven was the same way.
LOL!

Funky Fly
03-20-2004, 03:51 PM
One of Raven's legs is slightly shorter than the other.

Rob
03-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Lance Storm is a mark for "Mad About You"

Al Snow's first PPV appearance was for the UFC in Dan Severn's corner.

Four former WWE wrestlers have worked in the UFC.

Marc Mero entered the UK version of "Gladiators" and had the most successful trial of any entry before pulling out with a knee injury.

Brian Pillman's widow Melanie once dated the Ultimate Warrior

Theresa Hays aka Bealuh McGillicutty got her start in Stampede Wrestling through her then boyfriend Brian Pillman.

Evil Vito
03-20-2004, 05:29 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The Rock dated an 18 year old when he was just 14.</font>

Lamuella
03-20-2004, 05:31 PM
very odd fact I know about a wrestler.

Michael "Moondog" Mooney (ohio and pennsylvania Indie wrestler) is an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church.

wheresmaven
03-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Marc Mero now sells insurance. (ouch)

PureHatred
03-20-2004, 05:42 PM
In 1991, Ric Flair was fired/quit WCW. He showed up in the WWF soon thereafter holding the WCW title and claimed to be the "Real World's champion." The reason he was able to leave the company with the title is because he owned that title. WCW later bought it back from Flair for reportedly $75,000

According to the Flair DVD, Ric had some sort of security deposit on the belt in the amount of $25,000. When he was let go, relationships between him and the then President of WCW were so bad that they refused to return his deposit. So he showed up on USA Pirmetime TV with the actual NWA Title. He returned the belt months later when they gave him back his deposit.

As for the topic..Randy Savage played minor league baseball and was considered a decent prospect. (for the Toronto Bluejays, I believe)

Shaggy
03-20-2004, 05:49 PM

Ryan interferes

I remember that now, I think I will have to watch that tonight just to see it happen. I never really looked for it again untill now.

natureboycv
03-20-2004, 06:18 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>This thread is pretty cool. :y:</font></b>

Jonster
03-20-2004, 07:02 PM
<font color="#99CCFF">Eddie Guerrero's father Gori invented the camel clutch

WWF's first pick for the Mr. Perfect gimmick was Terry Taylor, Red Rooster

Rock is a skilled light tackle salt water fisherman

Terri Runnels was a hair stylist for the Larry King Show prior to wrestling

Apparently feeling he had nothing to lose, Sid Justice double crossed Vince McMahon by kicking out of Hogan's leg drop at WMVIII. Sid had been caught cheating on a drug test a few weeks earlier and was going to be suspended. Sid's manager, Harvey Whippleman (who is said to have supplied Sid with the false urine sample that WWF official Dave Hebner found Sid carrying in a vile) reacted quickly, jumping into the ring and getting his man disqualified before all hell broke loose.

Just Joe was the best man at Rhyno's wedding on May 20th 2000 in Germany.

Steve Austin got the name 'Stonecold' from his ex English wife who told him to drink his tea because it was getting stonecold.</font>

Wondermouse
03-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Randy Savage played minor league baseball and was considered a decent prospect. (for the Toronto Bluejays, I believe)

Cincinatti Reds.

Lamuella
03-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Tom Billington invented the superplex and was in the first ever ladder match

DaveWadding
03-20-2004, 07:19 PM
Randy Savage had a colored outfit corresponding with the outcome of the match he was in...

White = win
Gold = Championship win

I believe there are a few others, that I dont remember...

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-20-2004, 07:21 PM
"Steve Austin got the name 'Stonecold' from his ex English wife who told him to drink his tea because it was getting stonecold."

I'm farely sure that's a pretty well known fact. Interesting anyways.

hahaha about Sid though, that's brutal if you think about it, completely screwing up the WM main event finish. Although the match sucked horribly.

Rob
03-20-2004, 07:21 PM
<font color="#99CCFF">Steve Austin got the name 'Stonecold' from his ex English wife who told him to drink his tea because it was getting stonecold.</font>

That isn't true. He got it from his ex wife Jennie Clark truthfully enough but they were watching some documentry on serial killers. Heard the story from Austin's own mouth so I consider that to be as truthful as you'll get.

The Mackem
03-20-2004, 07:27 PM
I never saw WM 8, what happened in the aftermath of Sid kicking out of the legdrop?

Vega
03-20-2004, 07:28 PM
That isn't true. He got it from his ex wife Jennie Clark truthfully enough but they were watching some documentry on serial killers. Heard the story from Austin's own mouth so I consider that to be as truthful as you'll get.

According to Austin in an interview which I think was on Confidential, he said the tea story was how he got it.

Vega
03-20-2004, 07:28 PM
Pat Patterson is homosexual.

DaveWadding
03-20-2004, 07:30 PM
I never saw WM 8, what happened in the aftermath of Sid kicking out of the legdrop?

That match was so botched. Sid kicked out, Papa Shango ran out late...and then the Warrior ran out too...

PoisonIvy
03-20-2004, 07:38 PM
Rock was on his way to an orgy when he met his wife. :naughty:

DaveWadding
03-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Thats not so true, Ivy... the Rocky and 2 friends picked up 3 girls at a bar...and they were leaving and he saw her at the bar..or something.

PoisonIvy
03-20-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm saying what I heard him say in a interview. Eh.

DaveWadding
03-20-2004, 07:53 PM
I was going by what I remember from his book :$

My Final Heaven
03-20-2004, 08:48 PM
"The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich only had one foot, he lost the other in a motorcycle accident.

Mikey
03-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Justin Credible is now a Real Estate agent

spd10000
03-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Here's a whole buncha them (from Top-Rope.com)

Al Snow's Head, was the model for Mankind's Mask.

The Rock won the WWE Title 15 years to the day that his father and Tony Atlas won the WWE Tag Titles.

Vince McMahon always wanted to be a wrestler, but his father, the late Vince Sr. strictly forbid it.

X-Pac has a Black Belt in Judo.

Chris Jericho has a degree in Journalism.

Andre the Giant once fell asleep during a match with Big John Studd.

George "The Animal" Steele was a teacher in Detroit before returning to WWE.

Chyna (Joanie Laurer) is Fluent in 3 foreign languages.

Bradshaw played his last two college games with a broken leg.

Tony Schiavone was an announcer with WWE in the late 80's.

The Million Dollar Belt that Ted Dibiase wore is actually worth 140,000 dollars and is locked in a safe at Titan Towers.

The theme song for IYH: Badd Blood, was Steve Blackman's entance music.

Jerry Lawler was a 23 time USWA Champion.

Paul Bearer, before getting into the wrestling business, actually worked at a morgue.

Hardcore Holly is a former NASCAR driver.

Chris Jericho's father is former NHL hockey player Ted Irvine.

The Big Bossman really worked as a prison guard.

Before entering the ring wars, Jerry Lawler was a radio disc jockey.

Mick Foley's wife, Collette was a professional model.

Before Becoming a wrestler, Jeff Jarrett worked as a Referee.

Rey Mysterio likes to go cliff diving for fun.

Randy Savage played baseball in the St. Louis Cardinals' minor-league system.

The Big Show went to Wichita State University on a basketball scholarship.

Before he embarked on a wrestling career, Bret Hart studied to become a film director.

No heel has left one of the first 14 WrestleManias as WWE World Champion.

Undertaker was in Suburban Commando with Hogan.

Bam Bam Bigelow was chosen as the opponent for Lawrence Taylor at WrestleMania XI because he was the WWE's best big man worker. Bigelow says that as payment for doing the job he was promised a big babyface push down the road.

WWE says that the Dynamite Kid left and retired because of an injury. Actually, the Kid still wrestles in England and the real reason he left was because of a locker room fight with him and Jacques Rougeau. The now deceased Bulldog opted to keep contact with WWE and because of that and other reasons, the Bulldog and the Dynamite Kid hadn't spoken in years.

On April 4, TitanSports debuted WBF BodyStars on USA Network.

Before Andre The Giant had any idea of becoming a pro wrestler, he used to collect stamps!

Before entering the world of wrestling, Fatu earned money by dancing on the streets of San Fransisco!

Prior entering the jungle in the WWE, Sable was a top model for "Guess" Jeans!

Before entering World Wrestling Entertainment, Faarooq Assad was one of the only two men to have had his football jersey retired at Florida State University!

Bob Backlund was a wrestling teacher at Central Connecticut State College!

Former Intercontinental Champion, Ahmed Johnson used to be a Professional Football player for the Dallas Cowboys.

The Mackem
03-20-2004, 09:49 PM
Dynamite Kid still wrestles? :?:

My Final Heaven
03-20-2004, 10:00 PM
"The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich only had one foot, he lost the other in a motorcycle accident.

There's actually a funny story involving that, Kerry was wrestling a match in Mexico & he knocks his opponent out of the ring. His opponent reaches into the ring & tries to pull him out, but grabs his fake foot & pulls his boot off. The crowd goes "OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH" & a couple women scream in the front row. Kerry falls down & rolls out of the ring, his opponent tries to help him put his boot back on & they both get counted out in the process. My personal fav wrestling story :lol:

AareDub
03-20-2004, 11:05 PM
Wrestlemania 2000 is the only Wrestlemania to not feature a regular singles match.

Loose Cannon
03-20-2004, 11:19 PM
That match was so botched. Sid kicked out, Papa Shango ran out late...and then the Warrior ran out too...

Well Sid HAD to kick out because Papa Shango ran out late. That fk'n entrance way was huge.

Shaggy
03-21-2004, 02:21 AM
<font color="#99CCFF">Eddie Guerrero's father Gori invented the camel clutch

WWF's first pick for the Mr. Perfect gimmick was Terry Taylor, Red Rooster

Rock is a skilled light tackle salt water fisherman

Terri Runnels was a hair stylist for the Larry King Show prior to wrestling

Apparently feeling he had nothing to lose, Sid Justice double crossed Vince McMahon by kicking out of Hogan's leg drop at WMVIII. Sid had been caught cheating on a drug test a few weeks earlier and was going to be suspended. Sid's manager, Harvey Whippleman (who is said to have supplied Sid with the false urine sample that WWF official Dave Hebner found Sid carrying in a vile) reacted quickly, jumping into the ring and getting his man disqualified before all hell broke loose.

Just Joe was the best man at Rhyno's wedding on May 20th 2000 in Germany.

Steve Austin got the name 'Stonecold' from his ex English wife who told him to drink his tea because it was getting stonecold.</font>

I guess you found the same web site that I found. :lol:

Boondock Saint
03-21-2004, 02:23 AM
Well Sid HAD to kick out because Papa Shango ran out late. That fk'n entrance way was huge.

I didn't watch at this time so just curious what Papa Shango was doing near a WM main event in the first place? From what I've read he had a semi-push with the Warrior or something? But what is this?

John la Rock
03-21-2004, 04:18 AM
Kurt Angle's first match in WWE was against the late Owen Hart (in a dark match).

Angle's first TV match was against Shawn Stasiak at Survivor Series 1999

Vega
03-21-2004, 04:20 AM
Wrestlemania 2000 is the only Wrestlemania to not feature a regular singles match.

I think you forgot WM 20 ;)

DaveWadding
03-21-2004, 04:22 AM
Warrior came out right after Shango...

Xero
03-21-2004, 06:53 AM
I think you forgot WM 20 ;)
Taker/Kane was a normal match...

AareDub
03-21-2004, 09:44 AM
Taker/Kane was a normal match...

as was Guerrero/Angle, Cena/Big Show, and Christian/Jericho

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-21-2004, 11:34 AM
lol, Kid is Crippled to whoever said that he isn't. Andre the giant shat on Bad News Brown in a match.

Mikey
03-21-2004, 11:37 AM
I heard one that Al Snow's "member" came out during a match against Triple H

Evil Vito
03-21-2004, 11:42 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Sid shit his pants during his match against the Undertaker at WM13.</font>

HHHsucks929
03-21-2004, 11:58 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Sid shit his pants during his match against the Undertaker at WM13.</font>

That CAN NOT be true! Where did you hear this!?

loopydate
03-21-2004, 12:20 PM
That CAN NOT be true! Where did you hear this!?

It's true.

Watch the tape. He's...lumpy.

The Mackem
03-21-2004, 12:38 PM
I've got the tape but I still don't know at what point he actually sh*ts himeslf.

Evil Vito
03-21-2004, 12:46 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The Taker/Sid match was the match shown on last night's Confidential. I was cracking up because Taker picked up Sid for the Tombstone and dropped him instantly, and I don't think it was because of Sid's weight, but because Taker smelled that Sid had shit himself.</font>

Wondermouse
03-21-2004, 01:13 PM
This is probably well known, but Booker T spent 18 months in prison for robbing a chain of Wendy's, which is why I call him Mr. Wendy's.

sadio8
03-21-2004, 01:15 PM
I think Undertaker even said on Off The Record that he(sid) indeed did take a crap in his pants during a match :|

wheresmaven
03-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Nash use to play basketball in college

Seabass
03-21-2004, 09:35 PM
HHH.....IS THAT...DAMN GOOD!

My Final Heaven
03-21-2004, 10:15 PM
Jeff Jarrett & Greg Valentine got into the wrestling business for the same reason... their fathers were both top well-known wrestling promoters in the south (Jerry Jarrett & Jimmy Valentine). If I'm not mistaken, Jimmy Valentine was the one who discovered Hulk Hogan playing bass in a band & told him he should get into wrestling.

Molly Holly was discovered by Prince Iuekea (sp?) while he was watching a backyard match at a friend's house. She was jumping on a trampoline next door, & every time she bounced she would wave at him over the fence she was next to. :lol:

Molly also holds the state record for the the bench-press in her weight class.

KayfabeMan
03-22-2004, 01:34 AM
DDP could barely read at a 3rd grade level until he was 30 years old...
(Kimberly taught him to read - he read his first book when he was 32).

Hard Boiled Haggarty appeared on over 15 different TV shows,including
Fantasy Island,The Love Boat,and Happy Days....

'Happy Humphrey' was the heaviest pro-wrestler of all-time...

Lita has a tatoo on the inside of her bottom lip that says 'PUNK'....

Al Wilson is not dead :shifty:

Face Heely
03-22-2004, 01:57 AM
DDP could barely read at a 3rd grade level until he was 30 years old...

Is Page dyslexic, or did he just never learn to read?

If it's the latter, then it's kinda funny. Otherwise...kinda sad. Either way, it's cute (in a weird way) that Kimberly taught him.

KayfabeMan
03-22-2004, 03:16 AM
It was a combo of dyslexia and ADD. He didn't really realize
that it was a problem until Kim noticed that he was mixing up
words whenever he read something outloud. Thankfully (and
in usual DDP fashion) he was able to beat them & learn to read.

And yeah,it definitely is nice that Kim is the one who taught him :y:

DDP has done A LOT for various charities to help people who
are illiterate either because of disabilities or just through not
learning. He has also done a great amount of work/contribution
to reading programs for children :y:

Mister Sinister
03-22-2004, 05:50 AM
I heard one that Al Snow's "member" came out during a match against Triple H

Actually it was at a House Show match with Al Snow and Mankind, Taking on the Holly Cousin, Anyways, Al was wearing a Singlet, anyways, Bob Holly lifted up al for a Hanging Vertical Suplex, and he pulled on the Singlet that resulted in Al Weiner hanging out, and Holly of course held him upside down for 10 second after wards, and from that day forward, Mick Foley referred to it as the Penis Suplex

The Forgotten One
03-22-2004, 06:06 AM
I read that in Mick's book.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-22-2004, 06:08 AM
Matt always got more candy than his brother

Scarface
03-22-2004, 07:13 AM
I read that in Mick's book.

I think pretty much all of us have. :y:

xXxClouderxXx
03-22-2004, 07:53 AM
hahhaahahahahaha i remember watching that being stoned thinking what a dumb bitch

ColdwaVer
03-22-2004, 09:04 AM
The Big Bossman really worked as a prison guard.

The funny thing about that is that the One Man Gang, with whom Boss Man tagged with for a while, became a prison guard after leaving wrestling.

Mikey
03-22-2004, 09:12 AM
I read last night that when Vince was starting to become a bigger promoter. Jim Ross was at a some sort of meeting with a bunch of promoters. He went to the shitter . and overheard one of the promoters say that he wanted to kill Vince and not like "Im going to kill him" he was saying why dont we kill him

kingx11
03-22-2004, 01:08 PM
here,s one fact i know

chris jericho had a real fight in the locker room with bill goldberg and jericho take control of the whole fight for about 4 min before the guys break them off

Funky Fly
03-22-2004, 01:16 PM
here,s one fact i know

chris jericho had a real fight in the locker room with bill goldberg and jericho take control of the whole fight for about 4 min before the guys break them off
Yeah, that's a running joke here. Everyone knows how Jericho wrestled him down.