PDA

View Full Version : PSP

HankScorpio
09-04-2008, 05:21 AM
So, while my 360 is out for repair, I decided to get myself a PSP. It's pretty sweet so far, got psp video 9 and have put a few movies on it. I just have a few Q's for any PSP owners out there:

Can anyone recommend any good games? (I have Liberty City Stories & Crisis Core)

Can anyone recommend a good way for me to turn it into a Snes emulator?

Thanks

jcmoorehead
09-04-2008, 07:38 AM
For games it depends on what you like. Killzone Liberation is good as is Silent Hill Origins. If you like puzzle games then I'd recomend Puzzle Quest which I've found to be a lot of fun.

As for the SNES Emulator, it depends on what PSP you own. I'm really out of the loop as far as homebrew and custom firmware is concerned your best bet is probably to go here and read up on it

http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/

but I don't know how up to date the site is now.

Boomer
09-04-2008, 11:29 AM
The PSP has got so many good games. I would recommend:

Lumines 1 and 2
Worms Open Warfare 2
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear AC!D
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Space Invaders Extreme
Crush
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Plus the ones jcmoorehead said. So many really really good games. There are tons more I haven't played that I've heard good things about too.

As for the emulation, there is a SNES9x port for the PSP which works fairly well. I used it to play Actraiser perfectly, but the higher end games with different harder-to-emulate chips don't run as well (Super Mario RPG is the one I had problems with).

Dark-Alex's M33 firmware is really your only choice if you want to run emulators, but it's well worth it for all the features it lets your PSP have. All PSPs can currently be modded for this firmware, but the tricks to getting it able to run the firmware installation involves modding a PSP battery to boot the PSP into "service mode", which is a little complicated if you don't know someone who has a modded PSP.

But all the needed tools (Despertar del Cementerio for modding the battery and the custom firmware) are on Dark-Alex's website. It's a little complicated, and requires some reading, but once you get the hang of it it is really not that hard.

Kris P Lettus
09-04-2008, 11:57 AM
I've owned mine for over a year and Madden is the only game I've ever played..

:o

Sepholio
09-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth is good as is Valhalla knights or whatever it was. PSP is the shiznit. Still love my DS though.

Also CRISIS CORE IS GODLY AND U R NOOB IF U DISAGREE K. I maxed like everything in it on hard and beat all the missions, including the secret boss that will own the fuck out of you even if you are maxed if you dont have uber reflex skills and know exactly what to do. Costly Punch is key to everything, just so you know. You can win every fight with it, most of them so easily it is ridiculous.

HankScorpio
09-04-2008, 03:12 PM
thanks everyone.

I'm looking into modding my battery now. I downloaded the GoW:CoE demo and it is simply awesome.

I've been playing Crisis Core for about and hour now, just got Ifrit :D it's been amazing so far.