PDA

View Full Version : holy fucking spoiler shit

Indifferent Clox
09-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Before you click this, please be prepared to mark the fuck out because in what will be conidered by future generations as the return to grace of the WWE, the next high mark in wrestling, the greatest thing ever to happen in Cleveland, the next era begins here, it's simply the greatest thing to happen in several years... holy crap in a bag:

Chris Jericho is your new World Heavyweight Champion

Xero
09-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Hunter has just requested his transfer to RAW.

parkmania
the only good thing ever to happen in Cleveland

Fixed.

Indifferent Clox
OMG I am still marking out

Londoner
09-07-2008, 11:19 PM
JERICHO IS GREAT

Juan
09-07-2008, 11:20 PM
That and the new stable easily made this PPV great.

CSL
09-07-2008, 11:21 PM
I could understand this whole 'OMFG!!!' stuff if maybe Kendrick had won the WWE title or something but Jericho should have had multiple world titles by now only he's never been able to put all the pieces together. Tonight was more of a warm 'Well it's about time' moment instead of 'HOLY SHIT!!!!!!! JERICHO JERICHO JERICHO JERICHO!!'

Londoner
09-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Stop ya moaning csl, enjoy the goddamn moment.

Indifferent Clox
09-07-2008, 11:26 PM
SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH MR CRAPPY MCSAD PANTS

Indifferent Clox
09-07-2008, 11:27 PM
IF nothing else my Monday night Football v. raw decision has been made.

I'm pretty sure the WWE planned this.

Xero
09-07-2008, 11:29 PM
I love how the exact same people who splooged over Punk winning the title are the same ones happy that he lost the title in one of the cheapest ways possible.

And before you say it, no, it was not a good way to make Punk look "good". It made him look extremely weak, like he wasn't even worthy to be in the match in which he lost the title. The ONLY way it's acceptable is if he's injured.

Londoner
09-07-2008, 11:30 PM
I dunno whats up with punk, but im always gonna mark out if jericho wins the title.

Indifferent Clox
09-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Punk winning was amazing, but he had to drop the title eventually, and now he has reason for a return match. He got punted in the fucking head and gang warfared by a new stable who are WREAKING HAVOC already, they have altered the course of WWE history, major heat for them.

Punk lost unfairly more heat for Jericho, sympathy for punk which if booked properly can turn into enthusiasm for punk.

I don't see how this is bad

THANK YOU FREDDIE PRINCE JR!

NeanderCarl
09-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Umm... the same Freddie Prinze Jr who is on the SmackDown writing team?

Juan
09-07-2008, 11:36 PM
How does it make him look weak? He was attacked, he was injured and was not able to wrestle. It makes sense in keyfabe terms. He slapped RKO at the end of Raw, so it makes sense that he would want revenge. Simply Priceless wants to impress RKO, so they take out the guy that disrespected him.

Indifferent Clox
09-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Umm... the same Freddie Prinze Jr who is on the SmackDown writing team?

it was a joke

thedamndest
09-07-2008, 11:42 PM
It makes him look weak because he couldn't even haul himself down to the ring. If it had been HHH, Cena, or Batista they would have wrestled through the injury.

Londoner
09-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Well considering the way they've been booking ortons kicks to the head, it wouldn't make sense for punk to overcome it.

thedamndest
09-07-2008, 11:48 PM
But Jericho can overcome the beating of his life by HBM to go on to win the title?

Oh, but that was earlier in the night.

Londoner
09-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Jericho didn't do much though did he. He just walked in the ring and managed to get a pin.

Londoner
09-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Its all scripted anyways, dunno why you get so upset over it.:D

Lock Jaw
09-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Woohoo! Jericho as champ equals ratings.

Also, considering how terrible Punk's reign has been, this was a good move to make. Get the title off of Punk, where it should have never been, while not making him look weak or outclassed again. Set him up for a big serious feud against the new Orton stable, which in turn will actually allow for them to build Punk up as a legitimate star before putting him near the belt again.

Indifferent Clox
09-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Punk's reign has been great STFU. This is also great. Everything is great.

Juan
09-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Punk's reign has been great STFU.

Agreed. Just because he wasn't built up, and won the title the same way Edge did mind you, and because he didn't SuperCena his opponents, doesn't mean his reign was bad and it was not even close to how bad Rey Mastrio's reign was.

Also, the whole point of the MITB is that you have a title shot whenever you want. What's the point of the brief case if they're gonna build him so you know exactly when he's gonna cash it in?

thedamndest
09-07-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm not upset over it. I'm just saying by that logic, Punk could have at least walked out too and valiantly tried to defend his title. He's been booked as the underdog all along, and to not do him that justice is the reason it makes him like Rey on sedatives.

JT
09-08-2008, 12:00 AM
I love how the exact same people who splooged over Punk winning the title are the same ones happy that he lost the title in one of the cheapest ways possible.

And before you say it, no, it was not a good way to make Punk look "good". It made him look extremely weak, like he wasn't even worthy to be in the match in which he lost the title. The ONLY way it's acceptable is if he's injured.

http://www.ireporter.tv/Upload/bestforwardedemails.com/the%20history%20of%20the%20middle%20finger.jpg

Juan
09-08-2008, 12:01 AM
I'm not upset over it. I'm just saying by that logic, Punk could have at least walked out too and valiantly tried to defend his title. He's been booked as the underdog all along, and to not do him that justice is the reason it makes him like Rey on sedatives.

But the Orton kick to the head puts guys out for weeks.

Dorkchop
09-08-2008, 12:02 AM
I liked Punk's reign and think he should have had the title for about 3 more months, but Jericho winning is great. I always prefer someone winning the title in an actual feud, but Jericho is currently the best heel on tv. Hopefully Punk and Jericho can get a nice feud going... while Punk still feuds with the new stable of Orton, Dibiase and Rhodes. It could be very interesting.

thedamndest
09-08-2008, 12:08 AM
The Orton kick does put people out for weeks. I don't think they needed to do the Orton kick, number one. Number two, how much MORE badass would punk have looked if he came out and competed, clearly unfit. It would be a great time to lock in the Anaconda Vice since he'd be too weak for the GTS.

Indifferent Clox
09-08-2008, 12:13 AM
the stable also consists of afa jr. btw

It is the fact that these two story lines so perfectly interlock, Jericho did beat Punk a few weeks ago but he was engaged with shawn michales, and the way he acted made him the biggest heel in all of the wrestling world right now.

He uses underhanded tactics to take a belt from a champion who has struggled so hard and always fought fairly and valiantly to keep his unlikely title and who wasn't even in the match.

The champion is taken out by a new stable that by doing this have created an impact and they have the belts, they have Orton the former champ, they have Afa Jr. (who is very excellent) and they have momentum, this group is another amazing heel group. They can now say they have altered the course of History.

So we have a huge new heel faction, that hasn't OFFICIALLY formed yet, but will probably come together and be named and since WWE is up against Monday Night Football tomorrow you know they are gonna pull something huge, this really could be the next big era in pro wrestling here.

Ever since the Draft WWE has been consistently getting better, and this... this is a time when some big things are happening and we are gonna remember this.

CM Punk Face champion, loses his title unfairly, that is shitty, it should piss you off in a kayfabe way and even deeper than that because fuck he hasn't been treated 'properly' by the WWE. WWE is catering to both smarks and marks here.

But they give us Jericho the king of the IWC as our new champion, a heel champion, a sell out, an asshole. He is one of the greatest heels of all time and has been engaged in one of the greatest fueds of all time. He has an automatic draw with punk. He will probably have a match with Batista again. When HBK comes back this title only sweetens the pot.

El Fangel
09-08-2008, 12:18 AM
I hope WWE has some stable-warfare, that was always entertaining in the old WWF, If you had the likes of Evolution minus Orton feuding with Ortons group, that would have been awesome.

Indifferent Clox
09-08-2008, 12:22 AM
I don't think they need another stable per say.

I don't think they need to force one together anyway. This one happened quite perfectly, and they might have some faces try and stop them, but I think their reign should be long.

Afa should get the IC title, Orton the world (eventually) and simply priceless can keep the tag championship.

If they get natalie Neidhart in on the deal over from smackdown, that just sweetens it.

One amazing thing about old school wwe was that the storyline's all interweaved it wasn't like autonomous feuds of today, the whole show had this feeling and while many things went on they often effected the whole locker room.

This is that again.

El Fangel
09-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Clox, I agree now that I have thought about it, they could have Ortons group, as a proper stable, be fought back against by a group of people who they have attacked, not a stable per se, but a common interest to kick some ass.

Rammsteinmad
09-08-2008, 02:18 AM
YES YES YES!!! This is awesome!!! I hope CM Punk get's a rematch so we can see a Chris Jericho VS CM Punk rivalry for the title.

El Fangel
09-08-2008, 02:19 AM
I think WWE could make a very nice feud from this, you see I said COULD

Juan
09-08-2008, 02:24 AM
YES YES YES!!! This is awesome!!! I hope CM Punk get's a rematch so we can see a Chris Jericho VS CM Punk rivalry for the title.

I really hope this happens soon.

AKin3D
09-08-2008, 03:35 AM
I just wonder where Kofi is gonna fall into this whole thing. I mean he did get his ass handed to him too.

Juan
09-08-2008, 03:38 AM
He'll have a few matches with Afa Jr.

Impact!
09-08-2008, 04:32 AM
And no one is celebrating The Brian Kendricks short WWE Title "run" :D

Mr. Nerfect
09-08-2008, 06:00 AM

The kick Punk took to the head is lethal. In storyline terms, it put Shawn Michaels, Rob Van Dam (who hasn't been an active performer since) and Dusty Rhodes on the shelf. I don't think we have seen Dusty since. You're thinking the way a smark things. Stop that. To a mark, Punk looks wronged, the Princes of Pro-Wrestling look like mega-cunts, and the fans want to see Punk and Kofi Kingston get some revenge.

Mr. Nerfect
09-08-2008, 06:03 AM
What would have been sweet is if after getting his ass kicked towards the end of the match, Triple H and Jeff Hardy brawl out of the ring, and The Kendrick pins Shelton Benjamin or someone with some Zekerference, and became the official WWE Champion.

That would make it the greatest night of wrestling ever.

Mr. Nerfect
09-08-2008, 06:08 AM

But Punk was dead. There is no way he could have made it out there. Would he have looked like a Superman if he had done it? Sure. But isn't that part of the reason we hate Cena? Granted, Punk is just generally much cooler, but I think what they did is fine.

Punk took a move that apparently killed Dusty Rhodes and Rob Van Dam. The whole point wasn't just that they beat Punk down. They killed Punk. The whole purpose of this is so that CM Punk has a legitimate reason to want to kill The Princes of Pro-Wrestling. Not just so that he's mad at them. They fucked up his first run with the big gold belt on RAW. He didn't even stand a chance, and Orton is going to rub that in. It's going to be the most interesting thing Orton has done since winning the title in 2004. Punk doesn't look like a bitch. He looks like someone who was protected losing their first belt and transitioned into another major feud.

Punk would have looked worst if he had gone out there, took some Spears from Batista, and lost the match. Not only would he have looked weak, but he'd have looked stupid.

Londoner
09-08-2008, 06:13 AM
Exactly right, noid.

Evil Vito
09-08-2008, 09:22 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm psyched for this stable. Seems like it'll have a bit of everything. You have Orton as the main eventer, DiBiase and Rhodes as the tag team, and Afa as either the enforcer or the midcarder (or both).

I'm thinking Deuce will get involved too somehow, possibly to help out the faces but the whole trust issue will be there because he's a second generation guy too.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
09-08-2008, 10:21 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm psyched for this stable. Seems like it'll have a bit of everything. You have Orton as the main eventer, DiBiase and Rhodes as the tag team, and Afa as either the enforcer or the midcarder (or both).

I'm thinking Deuce will get involved too somehow, possibly to help out the faces but the whole trust issue will be there because he's a second generation guy too.</font>

Well, when Cena returns in a few months, the faces against The Princes of Pro-Wrestling side will likely consist of CM Punk, Kofi Kingston and CTC. That's five guys. You might as well throw in Deuce to the heel side. However, now that time has passed, and nothing seems to be happening with them on SmackDown!, I would not be opposed to seeing DH Smith and Natalya fill those spots on Orton's team, while Mickie James also joins the face side (she seems to be banging Cena in storylines, and has a good "friendship" with Kofi Kingston).

To even up the female side on SmackDown!, send over a heel like Jillian Hall.

thedamndest
09-08-2008, 01:37 PM
But Punk was dead. There is no way he could have made it out there. Would he have looked like a Superman if he had done it? Sure. But isn't that part of the reason we hate Cena? Granted, Punk is just generally much cooler, but I think what they did is fine.

Punk took a move that apparently killed Dusty Rhodes and Rob Van Dam. The whole point wasn't just that they beat Punk down. They killed Punk. The whole purpose of this is so that CM Punk has a legitimate reason to want to kill The Princes of Pro-Wrestling. Not just so that he's mad at them. They fucked up his first run with the big gold belt on RAW. He didn't even stand a chance, and Orton is going to rub that in. It's going to be the most interesting thing Orton has done since winning the title in 2004. Punk doesn't look like a bitch. He looks like someone who was protected losing their first belt and transitioned into another major feud.

Punk would have looked worst if he had gone out there, took some Spears from Batista, and lost the match. Not only would he have looked weak, but he'd have looked stupid.

It wouldn't have been hard to put CM Punk in Jericho's place. Put him in during the last five minutes struggling to get to the ring. He comes in and a face isn't sure if they should attack him or not and they do because he says bring it on. Punk takes a pinfall after a Kane chokeslam, rolls outside, then gets a pinfall at the end of the match. If they wanted to put the belt on Jericho they could have said Punk was unfit to keep the belt and stripped him and held a tournament.

You have a guy who's been questioned for months in terms of the legitimacy of his reign. He's only really beaten a fat JBL. He's been beaten by Jericho, had a match with Batista come to a DQ. Now he doesn't even get to come to the ring to be involved in the decision. That's not even the same thing as losing in a threeway match. CM Punk is supposed to be the flag beared of Raw as champion, not the guy who "gets a rub" being the champion for a couple of months. See Randy Orton 2004. If they didn't know what to do with him, they shouldn't have given him the belt.

RGWhat316
09-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Y2J is champion again!!!!!!!!! I was truly shocked by all of what went down. Sure as hell didn't expect Punk to be taken out of the match. Wonder if he has the nuclear heatzzz again, lol. Either way this was a pretty damn good ppv. The new stable seems to be decent, even though I stilll hate CAWdy.

Mooияakeя™
09-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Anyone else think that if orton starts a new stable... Fucking Afa jr looks like he has no place there? He needs to be with Umanga so badly it's un-fucking-true.

If he's staying, I call Orton beating the shit out of him and introducing some other new dude in, The Ripper? DH Smith? Fuck Teddy Hart (WOOT?) I don't know. But someone else to make them 4-strong again.

Loose Cannon
09-08-2008, 03:49 PM
CM Punks injury made perfect sense to me. I thought they did a great job there getting the title off of him without making him look weak. He was beat down by four guys and kicked in the head by the move that's taken out lots of guys inthe past like Noid and others said. I loved the whole setup. The whole thing where Orton was saying the Priceless Players had to make an impact or whatever was perfect continuation right there.

Then Jericho slips in and wins the World Title. Logically, it's wierd because HBK did beat the crap out of Y2J during the show, but they just set up a fucking World Title feud between the two. Not that it really needed a Title in the picture, but fuck, HBK vs Jericho for the World Title has a nice ring.

Raw should be sweet

Mr. Nerfect
09-08-2008, 04:57 PM
It wouldn't have been hard to put CM Punk in Jericho's place. Put him in during the last five minutes struggling to get to the ring. He comes in and a face isn't sure if they should attack him or not and they do because he says bring it on. Punk takes a pinfall after a Kane chokeslam, rolls outside, then gets a pinfall at the end of the match. If they wanted to put the belt on Jericho they could have said Punk was unfit to keep the belt and stripped him and held a tournament.

You have a guy who's been questioned for months in terms of the legitimacy of his reign. He's only really beaten a fat JBL. He's been beaten by Jericho, had a match with Batista come to a DQ. Now he doesn't even get to come to the ring to be involved in the decision. That's not even the same thing as losing in a threeway match. CM Punk is supposed to be the flag beared of Raw as champion, not the guy who "gets a rub" being the champion for a couple of months. See Randy Orton 2004. If they didn't know what to do with him, they shouldn't have given him the belt.

The stripping him of the title thing makes him look just as much like a bitch, seeing that is essentially what happened. Punk got injured, he couldn't compete, the title was held up in the Scramble. If Punk had still entered, he'd look like even more of a fluke. The way Jericho was put over as winning was as "doing no work." Punk retaining that way would have continued down the same path of "is he worth a shit as champion."

I think Punk should have been booked stronger throughout the rest of his title reign, don't get me wrong, but I think this was a good way to get the belt off him. I'd also make the case that he was definitely meant to get a rub from his title win, and that the WWE are still setting him up as the flag-bearer of the RAW brand, and that his feud with Orton will help further that.

Juan
09-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I agree with Noid's posts.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/05/19/the_noid.jpeg

NeanderCarl
09-08-2008, 05:25 PM
it was a joke

you are a joke

thedamndest
09-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Batista and Cena didn't look like bitches when he had to forfeit their titles. Granted, those were for legit reasons, but still. With all the ways to lose that match, not being involved in the match is probably the worst way it could have gone down. If they wanted to put the belt on Jericho, they could have had Punk not get punted during the segment. Have Kane snap and take Rey out so you still need a replacement and have that be Jericho, so the finish is the same. CM Punk gets the fall over Rey, Orton and Co come out and take him out THEN, and THEN Jericho sneaks over FTW. This is seriously like the first time I can think of that a main event guy sits out the main event (kayfabe). Then a guy who is MORE injured than him comes in and ends up winning the match and title. How does that not make Punk look ridiculous?

Indifferent Clox
09-08-2008, 06:34 PM
But his match was much earlier.

Punk not being able to save his title regardless being attacked, if he is still in the match, makes him look more weak.
Then he loses legit and can only complain about The Age of Orton and the 2nd generation, but if Jericho goes in when CM Punk is injured, by 4 guys not just 1 pretty much 15 minutes before the match (jericho's match was an hour and a half earlier), now CM Punk has two people to blame. Two over one= less bitch.

addy2hotty
09-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Jericho = Ultimate Oppotunist.

Me = ultimately happy.

Warrior = Ultimate.

Mr. Nerfect
09-09-2008, 07:08 AM
Batista and Cena didn't look like bitches when he had to forfeit their titles. Granted, those were for legit reasons, but still. With all the ways to lose that match, not being involved in the match is probably the worst way it could have gone down. If they wanted to put the belt on Jericho, they could have had Punk not get punted during the segment. Have Kane snap and take Rey out so you still need a replacement and have that be Jericho, so the finish is the same. CM Punk gets the fall over Rey, Orton and Co come out and take him out THEN, and THEN Jericho sneaks over FTW. This is seriously like the first time I can think of that a main event guy sits out the main event (kayfabe). Then a guy who is MORE injured than him comes in and ends up winning the match and title. How does that not make Punk look ridiculous?

Punk...was...dead. Jericho was not more injured. That's the whole point of it. Michaels thought he hurt Jericho so bad, and then Jericho manages to shake it off, put on a bravado, and win the World Heavyweight Title when the real champion is dead.

Punk didn't "sit out" the main event. He was likely unconscious on the way to hospital in storyline terms. It doesn't make him look ridiculous. It makes him look human.

RP
09-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Everybody is a WWE writer now.