PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to my new DVR....

Kane Knight
09-12-2008, 06:20 PM
I've set shit up to just record all three WWE shows. I figure it's safe enough, since it doesn't cost me anything I'm not already paying for. So I'm a bit out of it in terms of storylines. Can anyone briefly catch me up on the most recent story lines? I don't need a long history lesson, just some background on whatever the fuck I'm gonna see Friday, Monday, and Tuesday.

Triple Naitch
09-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Make sure you program RAW and ECW to 11:07 because sometimes it stops recording at 11:00 exactly

Xero
09-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah. RAW (at least on my listings) stops at 11:05 but I go to 11:10 just in case. ECW doesn't have the overrun listed but it needs it. SmackDown! never goes to overrun.

TerranRich
09-14-2008, 10:13 AM
I record all three shows (and TNA, just in case) as well, and I also set RAW and ECW to go a little extra.

As far as story lines, that's a big question.

RAW:

* Jericho's champ and CM Punk is supposed to challenge him for it this coming Monday already
* Santino has this "Honk-a-Meter" which is a running count of how many weeks he's been I/C champ compared to Honky Tonk's 63-week run... pretty funny
* Rey Mysterio is just fine, but Kane wants to beat him senseless... he even showed his old Kane mask this past RAW as some sort of sign
* Charlie Haas imitated Carlito ("Charlito"), then John Cena, then JBL ("CHL"), and will continue to imitate wrestlers henceforth
* Rhodes/DiBiase got their titles back from Cryme Tyme, who pilfered them the week before
* Cena is out on injury and had to have surgery... shoulder I believe
* Batista's still on that 'roid rage of his.

SD!:

* Jeff Hardy won a Fatal Four Way match (against TBK, MVP, and Goldie Benjamin) to become the new #1 contender for Trip's Belt of Gold and Wonders
* Big Show was pissed at Vickie for leaving him out of important matches, then when Taker tried to "take her soul" at Unforgiven, Big Show at first held Vickie in place for him, then socked Taker in the jaw to save her... now he is cahoots with Vickie as the enforcer of SD, to keep people in line and do Vickie's dirty work for her now that La Familia is No Longer, in exchange for a guaranteed title shot when he's done... he demands an apology from Taker
* Koslov attacked Hardy after the 4-Way... for no reason
* Jesse and Festus tied Kenny Dykstra up to a handtruck with duct tape and shrink wrap before their match even began, and wheeled him backstage
* Brie Bella is a new diva, and she has a twin who hides under the ring... when Brie gets winded, she hides under the ring, and when the opponent pulls her out, she's suddenly full of energy and is unharmed... it's a running gimmick that was done for a 3rd time this past Friday
* Chavo and Bam Neely teased a break-up... no idea who would be the bigger face or heel.
* Carlito returned, skinnier than ever, to team up with his newly-hired brother, Primo Colon. They are now called "The Colons". Not even making that up.

ECW

* No feckin' idea... don't even watch it, but apparently Matt Hardy is the ECW Champion... so yeah.

I may have left out a few details here and there, but that's about it.

Exyle
09-14-2008, 10:35 AM
* Cena is out on injury and had to have surgery... shoulder I believe

* Koslov attacked Hardy after the 4-Way... for no reason

Neck for Cena.
And Vlad wants competition. That's why he attacked Hardy.

Otherwise, super job summing up Raw & SD.

TerranRich
09-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Sorry, I missed the last few minutes of Smackdown.