PDA

View Full Version : Whaaa? *TNA SPOILERS*

Champion of Europa
09-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Jeff Jarrett came to the ring and cut a promo on Sting, saying that he was full of garbage. Jarrett said that Samoa Joe and AJ Styles were carrying this company, and that they were carrying the company before the Kurt Angle's and Sting's came to the promotion. Kurt Angle came to the ring and stated that when Jarrett left the company two years ago he handpicked Angle to take him place. Angle said that it was the worst decision he ever made, and that Jarrett left because he was washed up. Angle challenged him to a match at Bound for Glory. Jarrett said that he didn't have it in him anymore, but that he knew someone who did. He pointed to the screen and Mick Foley appeared and said, "BANG BANG!" Jarrett left Angle in the ring, as Angle stood there looking shocked.

Whaaa? This seems kinda interesting, but it could be a trainwreck.

Innovator
09-16-2008, 09:23 PM
At least someone mentioned that Joe and AJ did shit before Angle and Sting arrived

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Angle vs. Foley? Hmm. What kind of match?

BigDaddyCool
09-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Foley, you fucking whore. Fuck you, you fat sack of crap.

BigDaddyCool
09-16-2008, 10:01 PM
I love how they are merely paying lip service to TNA's home grown talent only to mainevent ppv with washed up WWE talent.

Xero
09-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Wait, Jeff Jarrett doesn't have it anymore but Fat Fuck Foley does?

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2008, 10:15 PM
What the fuck is everyone's fucking problem with this? Honestly, gold in the WWE suddenly gets moronic "this is crap!" treatment everywhere else. Why the fuck is Mick Foley -- arguably the best talker and one of the best big match performers in professional wrestling -- going to TNA bad? We are getting Kurt fucking Angle, the best wrestler in the world, versus Mick fucking Foley. If that's a bad thing to you, stop watching fucking wrestling.

Yes, there is some irony involved in the feud, but I'm willing to bet that Foley will make it work by cutting a promo where he puts over Samoa Joe as a guy he recommended for the WWE that has instead paved his own way, proving that veterans can learn from the young talent sometimes. OK, Mick Foley may not be a technical genius at this stage of his career (or at any stage of his career), and Angle vs. Jarrett might be the better actual wrestling match, but they seem to be giving that actual build, and saving it as a big chapter of their old guys vs. young guys feud.

You people do realise you're complaining about Jeff Jarrett, a guy you all constantly bitched about when he was wrestling, being subbed out for Mick Foley, a guy pretty much universally loved? What the fuck is wrong with some of you?

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2008, 10:17 PM
I love how they are merely paying lip service to TNA's home grown talent only to mainevent ppv with washed up WWE talent.

Sting was never in the WWE. Samoa Joe was never in the WWE (unless you consider that Jakked taping he worked). How are they washed up WWE talent? Oh, you meant Angle and Foley. Fairly certain that's not the main event, ace. It may end up being such, but so far there is no reason to not expect Samoa Joe vs. Sting to headline Bound For Glory.

Rob
09-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Why are people bitching? I'd love to see an in shape Foley against Angle.

Xero
09-16-2008, 10:20 PM

Well, too bad you won't get that.

Ruien
09-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Since when did Angle become washed up?

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2008, 10:24 PM

Amen. The thing about Foley is that his physical shape has never been very impressive. It's always been about what sort of mental shape he's in, and how far he is ready to go to entertain. His first program in TNA? I think we're going to see a switched on Foley. Especially considering how great he was in his last appearance with the WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Since when did Angle become washed up?

CURT WILL DIE THE NXT TIM HE GETS IN THE RING!!111111one

Xero
09-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Foley may have a heart attack...

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Foley may have a heart attack...

Yeah, because Foley certainly hasn't been in some of the greatest matches of all-time while being overweight.

By the way, fat jokes and alliteration in the same thread? You're really squeezing out the satire today, aren't you?

Vastardikai
09-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Calling it now: Sting goes over Joe.

Jarrett finds the desire to come back and goes over Sting to get his title back.

Juan
09-16-2008, 10:56 PM

Agreed.

Kane Knight
09-16-2008, 10:57 PM

Juan
09-16-2008, 10:58 PM
Mostly because I hate the fact that Foley is in TNA.

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Calling it now: Sting goes over Joe.

Jarrett finds the desire to come back and goes over Sting to get his title back.

That might actually be likely.

Lux
09-17-2008, 12:39 AM
In honesty without the Ric Flairs, Stings, Angles, Booker Ts and a laundry list of others, most of the TNA roster wouldn't be there, they should respect the legends before them, dumb fucks.

Also I do give Jarret props to start TNA but wasn't he in WWE before he did :shifty: SNAP

Mercury Bullet
09-17-2008, 12:43 AM
What the fuck is everyone's fucking problem with this? Honestly, gold in the WWE suddenly gets moronic "this is crap!" treatment everywhere else. Why the fuck is Mick Foley -- arguably the best talker and one of the best big match performers in professional wrestling -- going to TNA bad? We are getting Kurt fucking Angle, the best wrestler in the world, versus Mick fucking Foley. If that's a bad thing to you, stop watching fucking wrestling.

Yes, there is some irony involved in the feud, but I'm willing to bet that Foley will make it work by cutting a promo where he puts over Samoa Joe as a guy he recommended for the WWE that has instead paved his own way, proving that veterans can learn from the young talent sometimes. OK, Mick Foley may not be a technical genius at this stage of his career (or at any stage of his career), and Angle vs. Jarrett might be the better actual wrestling match, but they seem to be giving that actual build, and saving it as a big chapter of their old guys vs. young guys feud.

You people do realise you're complaining about Jeff Jarrett, a guy you all constantly bitched about when he was wrestling, being subbed out for Mick Foley, a guy pretty much universally loved? What the fuck is wrong with some of you?

LOL @ Noid spazzing out in that first paragraph.

FourFifty
09-17-2008, 02:14 AM
What the fuck is everyone's fucking problem with this? Honestly, gold in the WWE suddenly gets moronic "this is crap!" treatment everywhere else. Why the fuck is Mick Foley -- arguably the best talker

stopped reading at this point.
I'm not going to say you're wrong because everyone has the right to think what they want to, and I think you're wrong.

The Optimist
09-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Whaaa? This seems kinda interesting, but it could be a trainwreck.
TNA, in a nut shell.

But yeah. I'm happy Foley's there. Sad that Jarrett's there. Sort of confused about where it's going from there.

Boondock Saint
09-17-2008, 02:57 AM
Well they've got me tuning in AKA DVRing it and fast forwarding to this segment.

Mr. Nerfect
09-17-2008, 04:29 AM
LOL @ Noid spazzing out in that first paragraph.

Why does everyone think I'm spazzing out? It's writing. I was using a lot of heightened language to get across how silly some people can get around here.

Cactus Sid
09-17-2008, 07:51 AM
Mostly because I hate the fact that Foley is in TNA.

Because you hate the fact another wrestling company might put on a match that you want to see?

DaVe
09-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Nah, because TNA sucks and I never watch it (I'm not oblivious to the fact you're quoting Juan and not me). Not to mention Foley should just stick to non-wrestling roles to take care of himself and his family.

I really hate Vince if he was the major reason Foley stopped commentating, and I'm also really disappointed in Mick for taking up/asking for an offer.

Edit:

I'm not going to say you're wrong because everyone has the right to think what they want to, and I think you're wrong.

Then for the record, I would say Alienoid wasn't too far off.

Lord-Of-Darkness
09-17-2008, 08:58 AM
I'd say I'm with Noid on this one.

I don't even watch TNA regularly, but I'm pretty convinced I'm going to start to see how this turns out.

Mr. Nerfect
09-17-2008, 09:05 AM
I agree that Foley should be replacing Don West on commentary (again, a Mike Tenay and Mick Foley commentary team would drop some serious knowledge on your ass), but keep in mind this is TNA's self-appointed WrestleMania equivalent. They're going to throw out the big guns here. Mick Foley and Kurt Angle wrestling on PPV is a pretty big fucking deal to wrestling fans. It's a clash of styles which would reflect a car wreck of a match, but let's face it: Both Mick Foley and Kurt Angle are too smart and too good to get bogged down by that. I think we'll see them work this out to be the best showing between them possible.

Add in that they've got Samoa Joe defending the TNA World Heavyweight Championship against a man who has walked out of the last three or so Bound For Glory main events as a World Champion, in a precursor for the new age of wrestling versus disgruntled veterans looking for respect feud. Personally, I'm not too interested in Sting nor Samoa Joe at the moment, but this is it for TNA fans. It's also the most logical match they could do. I just hope they don't switch the belt off Joe, and instead have him look like a million dollars before the veterans realise that they might need to lay down some firm law outside of the ring to get some respect.

Taylor Wilde will also likely be defending the TNA Knockout Championship against Awesome Kong, which will be a great women's match with plenty of build. Again, I hope the belt stays where it is, but Kong might win it to secure her re-signing with the company now that her contract is allegedly up. AJ Styles and Frank Trigg should also have a blow-off to their feud that isn't contested under faulty MMA rules. I'm also feeling an Ultimate X Match pitting Sheik Abdul Bashir against Consequences Creed, Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt, while Petey Williams teams with that new referee with wrestling skills against The Rock and Rave Infection.

All over, I think it could be a pretty decent PPV.

BigDaddyCool
09-17-2008, 09:24 AM

Foley is a good talker and was a good worker. I didn't mind him as commentator, infact he was good. As far as working, home boy should be retired and stay retired. Plus, it isn't like Foley in his prime, never faced Angle in his prime.

Sting was never in the WWE. Samoa Joe was never in the WWE (unless you consider that Jakked taping he worked). How are they washed up WWE talent? Oh, you meant Angle and Foley. Fairly certain that's not the main event, ace. It may end up being such, but so far there is no reason to not expect Samoa Joe vs. Sting to headline Bound For Glory.

Yeah, I know Joe and Sting were never in WWE, didn't say they were. I said that were paying lip service to TNA's home grown talent in reference to Jarrett saying that Samoa Joe and AJ Styles were carrying this company, and that they were carrying the company before the Kurt Angle's and Sting's came to the promotion. So infact I had already adressed Joe as being homegrown. As for Sting, he is a WCW guy, and you can't say he is TNA homegrown either. The point was, they are saying AJ and Joe have been carrying TNA only to give the Mainevent slot to Foley and Angle.

BigDaddyCool
09-17-2008, 09:30 AM
BTW, before you say anything else Noid, mainevents and title matches are different. The show's headliner is going to be Angle v Foley, not Joe v Sting.

Fabien Barthez
09-17-2008, 09:39 AM
I agree with BigDaddyCool.

But I will be sure to check out this PPV, which will be the first time..... ever I will watch a TNA show with actual intent.

Kane Knight
09-17-2008, 10:40 AM
The point was, they are saying AJ and Joe have been carrying TNA only to give the Mainevent slot to Foley and Angle.

but Sting wasn't in WCW, so your point is invalid.

BigDaddyCool
09-17-2008, 10:44 AM
but Sting wasn't in WCW, so your point is invalid.

Never said anything about Sting. :roll:

loopydate
09-17-2008, 12:51 PM
TNA sucks and I never watch it

...then how do you know it sucks?

BigDaddyCool
09-17-2008, 01:10 PM
You don't need to eat shit to know it isn't going to taste good.

Jeritron
09-17-2008, 01:18 PM
I gotta agree fully with Noid and Rob here. What the fuck is wrong with you people? If this happened in WWE you'd all be cumming your pants.

I think it's great. And to be honest, what kind of wrestling fan doesn't?

Who knows how the matches are gonna turn out. I'd say good. Mick Foley had a fuckin CLASSIC with Orton a few years ago when nobody thought he could, and that was Orton, not Kurt Angle.

But the fued and promos are gonna be excellent. Mick Foley is a great assett to TNA. Not only professionally, but as a creative mind. They could use someone whos as talented as he is on both sides of the curtain.

Jeritron
09-17-2008, 01:27 PM

WWE also main events its PPVs with washed up WWE talent, if you're gonna look at it that way.
It's a problem with wrestling as a whole, rather than the companies. They put attitude era stars out there, because thats what people will watch. When they try to get away from it, the fans either don't accept that person, or the faithful resent them. It's something the wrestling business and fans need to overcome.
Don't knock TNA main eventing a PPV with Angle and Foley when WWE is main eventing theirs with Jericho and Michaels, or HHH and Undertaker.

Granted, those guys can still go. So why not? I have no problem with it and neither do most of you. Well, just like they can still go, so can Angle and the ones who didnt get Along with Vince, for the most part. The fans accept it and they still put on a hell of a match. Angle main eventing a PPV is no different or washed up than HHH or Michaels, or even Jericho. His TV age is younger than all of them. Foley, I can tell you right now can still have a great match. He just needs to dedicate himself to it in advance, which it seems he already has.

BigDaddyCool
09-17-2008, 01:34 PM
My point is that if I want to watch washed up WWE wrestlers have matches against each other, I'll watch WWE. I was under the impression that TNA was suppose to be the alterative, not just more of the same with less production value.

Xero
09-17-2008, 01:35 PM
They have... Uh... Two extra sides on their ring?

Jeritron
09-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Also, after Foley is done with the big debut payoff with Angle, he can move on to what he does best. Making others look good and putting them over. A fued with Mick Foley, where Foley is allowed to work his magic, will do more for Joe or any young guy in terms of making them look good then almost anything. That includes TNAs title or wins over stars. Just ask HHH and The Rock. They looked awkward with the title until their main event fueds with Foley.
Orton and Edge could also testify, as the two top heels in the WWE now.

Jeritron
09-17-2008, 01:40 PM
My point is that if I want to watch washed up WWE wrestlers have matches against each other, I'll watch WWE. I was under the impression that TNA was suppose to be the alterative, not just more of the same with less production value.

I'm the last to defend TNA, but I'm not gonna be unfair. I'd like to see Foley and Angle fued for the first time on a wrestling program, no matter what the logo in the corner of the screen is.

BigDaddyCool
09-17-2008, 01:41 PM
You know what Jeritron, you are right, I'm not giving Foley a chance in TNA. They might be able to...no wait it is still TNA they will fuck it up.

BigDaddyCool
09-17-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm the last to defend TNA, but I'm not gonna be unfair. I'd like to see Foley and Angle fued for the first time on a wrestling program, no matter what the logo in the corner of the screen is.

K, WWE already did it.

Jeritron
09-17-2008, 01:44 PM
When?

Anybody Thrilla
09-17-2008, 01:44 PM
I don't really remember Foley and Angle's WWE feud. Could somebody refresh my memory?

Jeritron
09-17-2008, 01:46 PM
There wasn't one. Angle debuted and got pushed when Foley was fueding with HHH and "retired". He came back for the Mania 2000 match and retired til 2004, when he came back for a match against Orton, and then later one against Edge.
During this time Angle was on Smackdown, and they never even shared the same show, let alone the same screen/ring/ or any kind of fued/interaction.
He angle slammed him once in a segment, but that was to promote the new ECW and had no other implications.

BigDaddyCool
09-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Really? I was sure they had some matches and were part of a fued with HHH, Angle, Steph, and Foley.

Jeritron
09-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Purely made up. If they had any matches they were tv throwaways or tags and not part of any series or fued. It also would have occured before Angle was a star. That's like saying The Rock and Shawn Michaels have had a fued. Or Hulk Hogan and Austin.

BigDaddyCool
09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Ok, well I stand corrected.

I am still believe that after this first time ever fued, TNA won't use Foley to get over new talent because of their past track record with legends putting over new talent.

Jeritron
09-17-2008, 02:04 PM
We'll see. He'll get more creative freedom of his own, that's for sure. SO maybe he can do things right where they'd fuck it up, or where they'd allow an idiot or politician to fuck things up over their own agenda, and not a good fued.
I'm not saying they won't, but it's not right to say they definitely will.

BigDaddyCool
09-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Christian, Sting, Angle, Nash, and Booker T never put any new talent over besides Joe, and each one of them coming in has pushed AJ Styles further down the ladder by simply signing. It is hard to believe Foley is going to do anything different.

In fact Stiener is the only former World Champion that has given a rub to any TNA home grown talents.

Jeritron
09-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Mick Foley vs Kurt Angle in a fued interests me, let alone for the first time. As does the idea of Mick Foley in a new company.

That's really where I'm coming from. The rest remains to be seen, and I don't see it as anything worse than what WWE does.

BigDaddyCool
09-17-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't see it as anything better than WWE, and WWE is sucking hard right now. If they actaully start trying to push new talent to the front by using these legends, I'll recant. but right now I just doubt they will. Can you blame me?

Jeritron
09-17-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't see it as anything better than WWE, and WWE is sucking hard right now. If they actaully start trying to push new talent to the front by using these legends, I'll recant. but right now I just doubt they will. Can you blame me?

I never said it is anything better than WWE. I'm simply saying it isn't anything worse.
I'm also not saying it will succeed or fail, as I'm not a soothsayer.
I don't see anything wrong with Mick Foley vs Kurt Angle here at all, and I certainly don't see how it's worse in TNA than in WWE.

I didn't know it was an issue of you caring about the TNA product, and this not being good for it. It seemed as though it was an issue of you thinking this concept in itself was stupid, or somehow worse than WWE.
But the bottom line either way is that it's perfectly sound.

You're condemning the idea, based mostly on the fact that it's occuring in TNA and not WWE.
I just don't see whats so bad about it at all thus far, and in fact, as a concept find it quite interesting and as fresh as anything involving attitude stars, since it hasn't ever occured.

I'm sure some of same people who think this is retarded, think WCW is retarded for not having "washed up WWE" talents Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan never fued for the first time in their promotion.

BigDaddyCool
09-17-2008, 02:47 PM
And look how well hiring washed up WWE talent did for WCW.

I'm not saying it is bad for a promotion to land big names, but both TNA and WCW have a bad track record with doing that and I have a hard time believing they will do better. WWE has alway been going about making new stars, which is why they are still around.

Jeritron
09-17-2008, 02:51 PM
It put them on top for a while. It was the failure to push new talent when they got on top that caused their downfall. It was the use of washed up talent that put them in a position high enough so that they could crumble.

I'm not saying this will put TNA on top, but utilizing established talent from the other brand is important to get into a position.

Kane Knight
09-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Never said anything about Sting. :roll:

I fail to see how that's relevant. God, you are retarded.

Fox
09-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Really don't see how Ric Flair vs. HBK is a wet dream cum true omg mark out moment 4 lyfers....

and Kurt Angle, arguably the best wrestler in the past two decades, vs. Mick Foley, who carries an incredible reputation and is known for his ability to work with anyone and have a fantastic match, is "a stupid move by TNA."

You're all complaining about shit thats simply irrelevant. Yeah, TNA does use ex-WWE stars more than their home grown talent... they've been doing it for 2 fucking years now! So, you think that Foley is really going to HURT this product any more than it's already hurt? If anything he's going to breathe fresh air into it, because as I've said in the past, Foley in TNA just means new opportunities.

Foley vs. Angle is already going to happen, and should be fantastic. Then we have the prospects of Foley vs. Christian, Foley vs. Samoa Joe, Foley vs. AJ Styles. Even just those four feuds/matches are more than worth Foley going to TNA.

Also, Mick Foley is in the best shape of his life. Have you seen him recently, or did you miss it there beneath your rocks? He's easily 20-30 pounds lighter than he was back in the late 90's/early 2000, and his body isn't beaten and battered from the road. We know he can still go (vs. Orton in 04, vs. Edge in 06) and if anything he should be able to perform BETTER than he did in the past.

And for those who have called him a whore? You really think he's going to make more in TNA as a part-time performer than he was making in WWE as a full-time announcer? Don't be stupid. If anything he left WWE to join TNA for LESS money than before. If you know a whore with talent who operates like that let me know, cause that's fucking awesome. But seriously, explain to me logically how he is a whore in this scenario, when he's leaving the WWE to give the fans matches they haven't seen before in a promotion that, God knows, needs his help.

But that's just it, right? He LEFT the WWE! Your baby-boy promotion, right? He stabbed the flagship in the back and he's going to that stupid, shitty little promotion TNA.

It amazes me how many of you are still such fucking marks.

Jeritron
09-17-2008, 06:30 PM
couldn't agree more Fox

6to1
09-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Also, after Foley is done with the big debut payoff with Angle, he can move on to what he does best. Making others look good and putting them over. A fued with Mick Foley, where Foley is allowed to work his magic, will do more for Joe or any young guy in terms of making them look good then almost anything. That includes TNAs title or wins over stars. Just ask HHH and The Rock. They looked awkward with the title until their main event fueds with Foley.
Orton and Edge could also testify, as the two top heels in the WWE now.

yea i want to see the foley abyss fued thats what i wish he started with that would be one of the best hardcore matches ever.

DaVe
09-17-2008, 06:43 PM
If you know a whore with talent who operates like that let me know, cause that's fucking awesome. But seriously, explain to me logically how he is a whore in this scenario, when he's leaving the WWE to give the fans matches they haven't seen before in a promotion that, God knows, needs his help.

I thought the point was that we (or maybe it is just I?) don't like the fact Foley is actually wrestling time after retirement after retirement after time when you consider how badly his body has been 'banged up' that meant he was to retire. Nothing to do with money for me. I'd be happier if he stuck to commentating for more money, then put his body on the line for less. That's all there is to it.

Actually, one last thing:

Also, Mick Foley is in the best shape of his life. Have you seen him recently, or did you miss it there beneath your rocks? He's easily 20-30 pounds lighter than he was back in the late 90's/early 2000, and his body isn't beaten and battered from the road.

Okay, I cannot agree on that point. While he was commentating on Smackdown he looked more overweight. In the late 90s/early 2000 he was billed at 297 lbs. These days I reckon he is 20-30lbs more than then.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7F8dPni_v5g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7F8dPni_v5g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kane Knight
09-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Foley used to be in prettyy good shape. He wasn't ever going to win a bodybuilding competition, but really....

Jeritron
09-17-2008, 07:17 PM
KK is right.

Build and shape are different things.

Ultimate Warrior always was, and even still is, built better than Mick Foley or Samoa Joe.
However, even in his prime he would get blown up after 5 or so minutes.
This also applies to a lot of others in the industry.
Foley and Joe however, as well as others who look to be in worse shape are actually in better shape, and they can go for a while.

Mr. JL
09-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Sounds interesting actually, but I probably won't pay for it. I've been burned too many times in the past paying for horrid Pay Per Views.

I'll surely give it a download though.

Fox
09-17-2008, 08:38 PM
I'd just like to add that in Foley's first book, when talking about his matches with Sting in WCW, he said that he would love to lock it up with him one more time before he hung up the boots. Looks like it might happen. Their Beach Blast match is still one of my favorites to this day. Truly an unsung match in WCW's history.

Fox
09-17-2008, 08:44 PM
I thought the point was that we (or maybe it is just I?) don't like the fact Foley is actually wrestling time after retirement after retirement after time when you consider how badly his body has been 'banged up' that meant he was to retire. Nothing to do with money for me. I'd be happier if he stuck to commentating for more money, then put his body on the line for less. That's all there is to it.

I didn't realize it hurt your personal morals and viewpoint to see someone come out of retirement to wrestle and entertain paying fans with fantastic promos and matches. Why does that make him a whore? Because he has loved professional wrestling since he was a child, became really fucking good at it, and can't seem to get it out of his system? Because he can't get AWESOMENESS out of his system? Yeah, that makes him a whore.... wait, what?

Now, I'll be the first to say that he and JR were the best commentating team I've heard since the original WCW trio (Heenan, Shiavone, Tenay), but the guy didn't like the job and he quit. That's his RIGHT to quit. We can't begrudge him that. I see nothing wrong with the fact that he wants to try and do something positive for another promotion.

But then again, I forgot your original point. He retired so he should stay retired. Right?

Rule #35 in Pro Wrestling: Retirement is only retirement if you die or are physically unable to compete. IE: Nobody Stays Retired.

Theo Dious
09-17-2008, 09:44 PM

And his little dog too. :mad:

Theo Dious
09-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Noid's usual too many words

I don't really care what could be done with this or what will be done with it, the fact is that TNA's bulbous gut of McMahon droppings is going to choke any potential TNA may ever have had. I never minded having a few established guys around to build new guys with... but they're going total WCW now with it, they've had Angle, Christian, and Booker T and done NOTHING with their unique talents. And before you contradict me, I beieve that Styles and the Samoan Corndog Machine were doing fairly well for themselves before any of those guys showed up, and AJ went from being a credible little-man phenom to being a goofy sidekick in Angle's shadow.
I am firmly in the camp that wants TNA as a viable competitor that might actually inspire WWE to turn up the quality a bit, and that's not going to happen while TNA is more adequately referred to as WCW2K8. Once again, I have to invoke the name of the Lord himself: Kevin Nash has done far more in the name of putting over fresh up-and-comers without leeching their spotlight from them.

If TNA ends up cumming all over Ric Flair's retirement by putting him in any sort of match, I will nev... wait, I was going to say I'll never watch TNA again, but shit, I'm not watching NOW, so...

Kane Knight
09-17-2008, 10:34 PM
I don't really care what could be done with this or what will be done with it, the fact is that TNA's bulbous gut of McMahon droppings is going to choke any potential TNA may ever have had.

Any claim otherwise is effectively saying "but if you ignore the past and present and completely disregard all probability...."

Lux
09-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Because you hate the fact another wrestling company might put on a match that you want to see?

Or because no matter how much WWE sucks TNA will always be worse, moron.

Theo Dious
09-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Any claim otherwise is effectively saying "but if you ignore the past and present and completely disregard all probability...."

So, wait... you're saying that it's easier to believe that what has happened will happen again, than it is to believe that what has not yet happened, somehow happen?

Get away from me with your Tom Cruise Scientology thinkin. :rant:

Theo Dious
09-17-2008, 11:31 PM
I didn't realize it hurt your personal morals and viewpoint to see someone come out of retirement to wrestle and entertain paying fans with fantastic promos and matches. Why does that make him a whore? Because he has loved professional wrestling since he was a child, became really fucking good at it, and can't seem to get it out of his system? Because he can't get AWESOMENESS out of his system? Yeah, that makes him a whore.... wait, what?

If any of that was actually going to happen, I'd agree, but it won't. See my above exchange with KK.

Now, I'll be the first to say that he and JR were the best commentating team I've heard since the original WCW trio (Heenan, Shiavone, Tenay)

The fact that you just invoked that announce team as the best anything robs you of all credibilty in my eyes. That team was Heenan and two jackasses. Foley and JR was an insightful commentator with great unpolished potential and a pathetic drooling shadow of a former self.

Rule #35 in Pro Wrestling: Retirement is only retirement if you die or are physically unable to compete.

Hulk Hogan has been physically unable to compete since 1994, but it hasn't stopped him, has it? HAS IT?!

Bad Company
09-17-2008, 11:47 PM
This sounds awesome

ozzman6669
09-18-2008, 02:09 AM
Just read the Impact taping for next week and spoiler in black:

Angle will face Jarrett at PPV you will have to wait for Angle vs. Foley.

DaVe
09-18-2008, 02:20 AM
Fox, you realise I'm not the one calling him a 'whore'? In fact, I never once insulted Foley. I just said I'm disappointed in him coming back for more when he doesn't need to, and its not in his loved ones' best interests.

Edit:

but the guy didn't like the job and he quit. That's his RIGHT to quit. We can't begrudge him that.

Again, I didn't say that: I don't 'begrudge' him. However, I did say I really hate Vince if he is the major reason Foley quit (which is what I heard/read/whatever).

I think my thoughts are getting mixed up with those of BDC and a few others.

Lux
09-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Thank you ozzman6669, when anyone cares about TNA I will personally call you.

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2008, 05:05 AM
Foley is a good talker and was a good worker. I didn't mind him as commentator, infact he was good. As far as working, home boy should be retired and stay retired. Plus, it isn't like Foley in his prime, never faced Angle in his prime.

Yeah, I know Joe and Sting were never in WWE, didn't say they were. I said that were paying lip service to TNA's home grown talent in reference to Jarrett saying that Samoa Joe and AJ Styles were carrying this company, and that they were carrying the company before the Kurt Angle's and Sting's came to the promotion. So infact I had already adressed Joe as being homegrown. As for Sting, he is a WCW guy, and you can't say he is TNA homegrown either. The point was, they are saying AJ and Joe have been carrying TNA only to give the Mainevent slot to Foley and Angle.

How the fuck do you know the main event slot would have gone to Foley and Angle? Every year the TNA World Title match has closed the show, even when Rhino was fucking challenging for it. Seriously, fuck you, BDC.

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2008, 05:13 AM
I maintain that the real problem with TNA is the writing. Not the older talent, but rather Vince Russo sitting in the back with Dutch Mantel following his every move. Angle has been willing to put stars over, Booker T was looking forward to it, and really, Christian's whole purpose of going over to TNA was so he could be the star he knew he could be (for once).

Mick Foley WILL put stars over. When has he not? Now the match is Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett again, so you can all be happy. Wait, that awfully untalented Kurt Angle is in the match. God forbid we watch that one.

Now we may get Mick Foley doing commentary for the PPV, which would rule.

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2008, 05:13 AM
Christian, Sting, Angle, Nash, and Booker T never put any new talent over besides Joe, and each one of them coming in has pushed AJ Styles further down the ladder by simply signing. It is hard to believe Foley is going to do anything different.

In fact Stiener is the only former World Champion that has given a rub to any TNA home grown talents.

Kurt Angle put over Jay Lethal quite strong by dropping the TNA X-Division Championship to him cleanly. Then the writing team fucked it up by pushing Lethal solely as a joke.

BigDaddyCool
09-18-2008, 09:55 AM
I don't care whose fault it is, TNA will not put over new talent when they can just hire WWE's spent talent. So saying Foley is going to put over new talent is crazy when TNA not put over their own talent for more than 3 seconds.

Mr. Nerfect
09-18-2008, 10:00 AM
I don't care whose fault it is, TNA will not put over new talent when they can just hire WWE's spent talent. So saying Foley is going to put over new talent is crazy when TNA not put over their own talent for more than 3 seconds.

The WWE are a little better at putting over their younger stars, granted (especially now they're playing catch-up), but Mick Foley has always found ways around that. I mean, it seems the only guy he has ever beaten is Carlito. The man has lost to Val Venis, for crying out loud. Several times.

Foley would be the kind of guy to pull over Vince Russo, Jeff Jarrett, etc. and say "Look, I want to put this guy over." Given that Foley is a blessing to TNA, I think they'd let him do that.

BigDaddyCool
09-18-2008, 11:01 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not saying Foley hasn't put over stars in the past, I'm saying TNA doesn't put over stars.

Fox
09-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Just read the Impact taping for next week and spoiler in black:

Angle will face Jarrett at PPV you will have to wait for Angle vs. Foley.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/051207/143945__40yearoldvirgin_l.jpg

This is not a good look for TNA.