PDA

View Full Version : Other buildings and cities for future WrestleManias

spd10000
03-20-2004, 11:30 PM
I can understand they want the West Coast next year, and I have no problem with that at all. I am a little disappointed, though, that they're going back to California. Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the next WrestleMania be the third time in that state? That doesn't seem fair, especially to the states that have never had a 'Mania. Does this bother anyone else?

I'm in Rhode Island, and it's too small here for any WrestleMania, but did they have one in Florida? Name some other buildings and cities where you'd like them to come in the future.

HHHsucks929
03-20-2004, 11:33 PM
I've been saying sicne WM 14 that they should have Wrestlemania in Boston again. 14 sold out in 90 seconds, you know it would sell out again.

spd10000
03-20-2004, 11:35 PM
Boston, definitely. Sign me up. You know what's strange? I did a 3 hour bus ride to NYC for WrestleMania XX, but Boston is closer and I wasn't there. Maybe for 22?

#1-norm-fan
03-20-2004, 11:50 PM
I'd like to see another outdoor WrestleMania. Don't know where they would do it though.

spd10000
03-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Here's another idea - "Wembley Stadium" in England.

DaveWadding
03-20-2004, 11:58 PM
America West Arena -- Phoenix, AZ

I think the TokyoDome would be kinda nifty too.

DaveWadding
03-21-2004, 12:03 AM
and for the record, heres a list of all the Mania's and where they were held...

I - NYC
II - LA, NY, Chicago
III - Detroit
IV - Atlantic City, NJ
V - Atlantic City, NJ
VI - Toronto
VII - LA
VIII - Indianapolis
IX - Vegas
X - NYC
XI - don't remember :(
XII - Anaheim (right?)
XIII - don't remember
XIV - Boston
XV - Don't remember
XVI - Anaheim
XVII - Houston
XVIII - Toronto
XIX - Seattle
XX - NYC
XXI - LA

ONE of the 2 I dont remember was held in Chicago..

Boondock Saint
03-21-2004, 12:17 AM
XV was in Phili I think...

But yes, PLEASE BOSTON. Oh god that would rule so much. :drool: I didn't watch wrestling during Mania 14. :-\

ilt_undertaker
03-21-2004, 12:20 AM
<font color=Silver font face=vernada>They should come here, Columbus OH, at the Nationwide arena</font>

PureHatred
03-21-2004, 12:50 AM
Columbus, OH...seriously? To give WM that "major-event/Super Bowl-esque" type feel it should only be held in major cities.

I like the idea of Boston. I like the idea of taking WM back to Philly. And if they can do WM at SafeCo, why not do something similar with PacBell park in San Francisco?

ilt_undertaker
03-21-2004, 12:59 AM
Columbus, OH...seriously? To give WM that "major-event/Super Bowl-esque" type feel it should only be held in major cities.

I like the idea of Boston. I like the idea of taking WM back to Philly. And if they can do WM at SafeCo, why not do something similar with PacBell park in San Francisco?

<font color=Silver>Well, excuse me, I just dont feel like travelin' around to go see wrestling, :p</font>

John la Rock
03-21-2004, 02:21 AM
I say they should come back to the Skydome in Toronto, 68,000 + fans can't go wrong

Shaggy
03-21-2004, 02:30 AM
17 was held here in Houston where I am and that was in the old Astrodome. Now that no one uses that anymore they could come back some time and do one in one of the other parks we have. Reliant Stadium, Minute Made Park would be sorta cool. With the whole glass in the background thing. It might make the backdrop look pretty cool.

Funky Fly
03-21-2004, 02:45 AM
They should have one in Japan like Dave suggested.

Pegasus Crawford
03-21-2004, 04:20 AM
XIII - don't remember

One of the venues for WrestleMania II was the Rosemont Horizon in Chicago. They returned there for WrestleMania XIII.

XI - don't remember

WrestleMania XI took place in the Civic Center in Hartford, Connecticut.

Cactus Sid
03-21-2004, 07:13 AM

When its made, I agree completely.

The Forgotten One
03-21-2004, 07:18 AM
II - LA, NY, Chicago

:wtf: Thats 3 different places.

Pegasus Crawford
03-21-2004, 07:37 AM
:wtf: Thats 3 different places.

Yes, WrestleMania II was held at 3 different venues on the same night.

AareDub
03-21-2004, 09:41 AM
17 was held here in Houston where I am and that was in the old Astrodome. Now that no one uses that anymore they could come back some time and do one in one of the other parks we have. Reliant Stadium, Minute Made Park would be sorta cool. With the whole glass in the background thing. It might make the backdrop look pretty cool.

Or they could drive up the road a few hours and have it here in Dallas at the American Airlines Center :D

Evil Vito
03-21-2004, 10:06 AM
<font color=goldenrod>They should hold one in the Georgia Dome.</font>

packt up
03-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Yes, WrestleMania II was held at 3 different venues on the same night.

wtf...explain :(.

Blue Demon
03-21-2004, 10:34 AM
wtf...explain :(.
It's not that hard to figure out...they had a simulcast betwen the 3 arenas

R3st!nP3ac3
03-21-2004, 10:39 AM
CHICAGO

Avenger
03-21-2004, 11:16 AM
When Wembley is rebuilt I say -

WRESTLEMANIA XXIII - LONDON ENGLAND

Stickman
03-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Commonwealth stadium in Edmonton.

It might be too cold there but they'd hold tonnes of people.

bama12&21
03-21-2004, 12:29 PM
<font color=goldenrod>They should hold one in the Georgia Dome.</font>

I agree. There or the Superdome in New Orleans. Bring Wrestlemania to the deep south.

Rob
03-21-2004, 12:32 PM

Doesn't exist anymore.

There is no real exucse why they can't do the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff though. I don't think they will ever do a Mania on tape delay though so it's pretty much out of the question. They could easy do another Summerslam here though.

They have promised the Astrodome people in Houston that they will be back there for another Mania. Also, when they picked Toronto 2 years ago, they were doing everything in their powers to do the Georgia Dome. It had Final Four basketball booked there for the next 2 years though so I thought for sure it would be in that building next year. Staples Center sounds like a stupid idea for me when you can sell out 3 times as many seats.

bama12&21
03-21-2004, 12:43 PM
When did they tear down Wembley Stadium and why?

spd10000
03-21-2004, 12:46 PM
When did they tear down Wembley Stadium and why?

Good question. I didn't know they did.

Also, are any of you planning to go to WrestleMania next year? Is anyone here from California?

The CyNick
03-21-2004, 01:13 PM
I think they are just worried that they cant sell 50,000+ tix anymore with business being down. I kinda think they can when you figure Safeco sold out no problem and business was down then as well.

In terms of future Manias:

Georgia Dome in Atlanta would make sense in the near future.

I would do Boston maybe for 22 or 23 (whenever Cena is going to main event).

I think Chicago should host Wrestlemania 25, because Chi-town is considered one of the WWE's top cities.

Houston should get 27 (ten years later)

Florida should get a Mania at some point.

I know the Mexican economy sucks, but I wonder if they could find a large venue in Mexico to hold Mania for Eddie.

Montreal would probably sell out 60,000+ tix for a Mania

Rob
03-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Good question. I didn't know they did.

Also, are any of you planning to go to WrestleMania next year? Is anyone here from California?

Wembley is being rebuilt. It's currently a massive building site looking nothing like a stadium but apparently they are ahead of schedule and will be ready for 2006. They have hit a problem though with the design so plans might have to change. Financially, it has already been a disaster so they need as many big events as possible. It is actually going to be smaller than the previous building and public sale is going to be limted. Government are idiots here obviously.

I'm planning to go to California next year. :)

Rob
03-21-2004, 02:04 PM
I think they are just worried that they cant sell 50,000+ tix anymore with business being down. I kinda think they can when you figure Safeco sold out no problem and business was down then as well.

In terms of future Manias:

Georgia Dome in Atlanta would make sense in the near future.

I would do Boston maybe for 22 or 23 (whenever Cena is going to main event).

I think Chicago should host Wrestlemania 25, because Chi-town is considered one of the WWE's top cities.

Houston should get 27 (ten years later)

Florida should get a Mania at some point.

I know the Mexican economy sucks, but I wonder if they could find a large venue in Mexico to hold Mania for Eddie.

Montreal would probably sell out 60,000+ tix for a Mania

They can sell 50,000 tickets for any Mania now with ease. Especially with more international interest. Before Mania 17, most of us never had a clue about going to these shows. Now it's a lot easier.

You'd know this better than I will - What's the chances of doing an open air WrestleMania? I thought the Rose Bowl would have been a better pick especially since they could limit the seating. What about other cities putting weather conditions into account?

Florida definately needs a Mania.

They should go to Texas if they are doing a PPV for Eddie. Go to a predominate catholic hispanic city like San Antonio (dunno what El Paso has in terms of facilities) and build it as a home town show. Mexican economy kills any hope of a big show. They are struggling to do house shows there.

What building in Montreal holds 60,000?

At the end of the day, any city holding Mania has to cope with that many visitors to the city.

Evil Vito
03-21-2004, 04:09 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah I think that it would be great if it were held at the Rose Bowl, it looks small but it actually holds more than your average stadium due to the large amount of rows.</font>

03-21-2004, 04:15 PM
I live in Cali and I'm goin for 21 so I have no complaints

parkmania
03-21-2004, 06:32 PM
I think the days of them using outdoor arenas for Raw/SD! or PPVs is pretty much over. Logistically it would SUCK to schedule something and have it rained/snowed out. Can you imagine the number of pissed-off people who went to see a big event only to get soaked and not get any show?

And with the number of stadiums that have retractable roofs, if they want to risk a segment utilizing outdoor elements this would be a viable solution.

The CyNick
03-21-2004, 08:47 PM
They can sell 50,000 tickets for any Mania now with ease. Especially with more international interest. Before Mania 17, most of us never had a clue about going to these shows. Now it's a lot easier.

You'd know this better than I will - What's the chances of doing an open air WrestleMania? I thought the Rose Bowl would have been a better pick especially since they could limit the seating. What about other cities putting weather conditions into account?

Florida definately needs a Mania.

They should go to Texas if they are doing a PPV for Eddie. Go to a predominate catholic hispanic city like San Antonio (dunno what El Paso has in terms of facilities) and build it as a home town show. Mexican economy kills any hope of a big show. They are struggling to do house shows there.

What building in Montreal holds 60,000?

At the end of the day, any city holding Mania has to cope with that many visitors to the city.

I think they would be just worried about it raining for an Open-Air show, I mean they'd have a roof deal over the ring so the show would go on, but it would suck for the fans.

Montreal has Olympic Stadium for baseball and football, which holds over 60,000 easily, it might be over 70K actually.

PureHatred
03-21-2004, 09:42 PM
They should go to Texas if they are doing a PPV for Eddie. Go to a predominate catholic hispanic city like San Antonio (dunno what El Paso has in terms of facilities) and build it as a home town show.

What do you think Los Angeles is? You'd have to leave the country o get a morre hispanic influenced city.

And the facilities in Olympic Stadium in montreal are horrible. The Expos ownership could never draw fans so they never put money into renovations. I can't imagine holding WM there.

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-21-2004, 09:44 PM
Definitely:

Philadelphia!
Boston
Florida (maybe Miami)
Phoenix (nice weather)
Detroit (Ford Field)
Montreal
Denver
Georgia (Georgia Dome)
St. Louis/Kansas City
Minnesota

The CyNick
03-21-2004, 10:17 PM
What do you think Los Angeles is? You'd have to leave the country o get a morre hispanic influenced city.

And the facilities in Olympic Stadium in montreal are horrible. The Expos ownership could never draw fans so they never put money into renovations. I can't imagine holding WM there.

It works for the Eastern Finals in the Grey Cup, they pack em in, its not the nicest looking stadium, but does that really matter? As long as its full.

PureHatred
03-21-2004, 10:21 PM
The Grey Cup?

Tell you what, you don't bring up Canadian Football and I won't mention American Soccer. Save us both the embarassment.

And yes, I honestly think it does matter. Like I posted earlier in this thread...you want WM to be seen as "The Superbowl of Wrestling" then you hold it in major cities and in top-flight facilities.

BasicThuganomics
03-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Or they could drive up the road a few hours and have it here in Dallas at the American Airlines Center :D

That place is too small...

But Texas Stadium would be quite nice though, although it would suck because i would have to pay a shitload of money because I would only want the best seats possible. But it would be worth it...

The CyNick
03-21-2004, 11:12 PM
The Grey Cup?

Tell you what, you don't bring up Canadian Football and I won't mention American Soccer. Save us both the embarassment.

And yes, I honestly think it does matter. Like I posted earlier in this thread...you want WM to be seen as "The Superbowl of Wrestling" then you hold it in major cities and in top-flight facilities.

If Seattle and Boston are considered major cities, then Montreal has to be as well.

Rob
03-21-2004, 11:27 PM

Eddie Guerrero is from Texas though and all his family history is in Texas. Not California.

Rob
03-21-2004, 11:31 PM
Definitely:

Philadelphia!
Boston
Florida (maybe Miami)
Phoenix (nice weather)
Detroit (Ford Field)
Montreal
Denver
Georgia (Georgia Dome)
St. Louis/Kansas City
Minnesota

As a tourist from another country, you wouldn't get me going to Detriot, Denver or Kansas City.

PureHatred
03-21-2004, 11:35 PM
If Seattle and Boston are considered major cities, then Montreal has to be as well.

Not arguing with Montreal, the city. Arguing with the Olympic Stadium facilities.

Eddie Guerrero is from Texas though and all his family history is in Texas. Not California.

When I read the post I thought you were saying that the WWE wasn't taking advantage of the Hispanic Market Appeal of EG. My Mistake.

Oh..and Rob, Denver is a really nice city, actually.

Rob
03-21-2004, 11:45 PM
Oh..and Rob, Denver is a really nice city, actually.

Don't doubt that mate. Just isn't top of any international persons lists in the states to visit. I'd go but that's another story (even though I just said I wouldn't :shifty: ).

spd10000
03-22-2004, 05:22 PM
I would LOVE for WrestleMania to be in Providence, Rhode Island. But I know that will never happen. The city's too small, and so is the arena. Boston would be great!

KingofOldSchool
03-22-2004, 09:26 PM
Indianapolis.