PDA

View Full Version : WWE Best of Starrcade DVD Cancelled

Loose Cannon
09-18-2008, 02:05 PM
If anyone is interested. This was posted on a bunch of wrestling sites and amazon has it listed as discontinued.

I guess they figured there wouldn't be too much interest in this DVD. I wasn't very interested in this as I have most of the PPV's on DVD. They need to do a 3 disk set of the History of WCW or something like that.

Xero
09-18-2008, 02:17 PM
This easily would have sold well, the match-only DVDs almost always do. I think it has more to do with Flair than anything else.

jimmy012345
09-18-2008, 02:18 PM
there are doing this on wwe 24.7 and the dvd release got replaced by wither the edge 3 dsk set or kane 3 disk set thats coming out

Loose Cannon
09-18-2008, 02:25 PM
This easily would have sold well, the match-only DVDs almost always do. I think it has more to do with Flair than anything else.

you think? I dunno, I see the casual fan, who just started watching wrestling in 2004 or whatever totaly shunning this. I could be dead wrong though. They haven't really put out a DVD just about WCW yet, so it will be curious to see how it would do.

But, I would agree losing Flair may of had a impact cause he was Mr. Starrcade for a while.

Xero
09-18-2008, 02:29 PM
By that logic, why would they put out a WCCW DVD? I don't know the sales figures, but you'd think they'd put out a WCW DVD before they put out a WCCW DVD if they were worried about sales figues.

It could also have to do with Vince, since he's never liked WCW (obviously) and his ego is in the way here.

Loose Cannon
09-18-2008, 02:32 PM
oh yea, forgot about that one. Does anyone know how the WCCW did? Also, the AWA one as well? They need to do that for NWA/WCW.

Anybody Thrilla
09-18-2008, 02:50 PM
A WCW DVD needs to happen. I'll buy it the day it drops, I swear I will. My only worry is that they would treat WCW the way they treated The Ultimate Warrior....but honestly, I would also like to see a Worst of WCW DVD as well.

Xero
09-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Found some sales figures on another forum, as of December 2007. Though it's first-month figures.

* Triumph & Tragedy of World Class: 6,711 copies sold so far

Anybody Thrilla
09-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Yikes. Pretty awful sales.

Sting Fan
09-18-2008, 09:49 PM
I dont buy WWE DVDs as a rule, I made an exception for the Eddie DVD thats it. I would happily drop money on a WCW DVD.

Xero
09-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Don't know why anyone wouldn't buy WWE DVDs. Their current product may be atrocious but their DVDs, especially covering older footage, are almost always great.

Fox
09-18-2008, 11:04 PM
A Best of WCW DVD with the old WCW logo on it would definitely sell. That shit was HUGE in the 1990's. My friends who have been non-fans for years would definitely buy it because we were like 10 when we were watching Goldberg destroy people.

The logo will catch their eye and fill them with nostalgia, and then they'll pick it up and realize what it is and would surely buy it. It might even get them to check out the WWE after seeing it.