PDA

View Full Version : Could they give the ECW title to "Fit" Finaly?

Rollermacka
09-18-2008, 10:39 PM
I was watching the Finlay Vs Knox match and I saw Finlay do the forward flip firemans carry and I gotta ask do you think that Finaly should get an ECW world title run? I mean he's not horrible in the ring for his age, he came back from almost losing his leg in WCW, and for some reason he still gets a decient pop as a face. I mean they gave the title to Kane and Chavo so I can see "The man who loves to fight" as the ECW champ. Then again I think Hardcore Holly shoulda got a better ECW title push.

Juan
09-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Turn him heel, then we'll talk.

Xero
09-18-2008, 11:49 PM
<s>Turn him heel</s> Get rid of the midget, then we'll talk.

Juan
09-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Touché

thedamndest
09-18-2008, 11:58 PM
They could, but I think they should keep it on Hardy for awhile.

BigDaddyCool
09-19-2008, 09:37 AM
I see no reason why not. The ECW title has become the, "Hey thanks for putting up with our shit title."

GD
09-19-2008, 10:56 AM
So true BDC.

Lord-Of-Darkness
09-19-2008, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't mind the midget if they went back to the heel Finlay with the Little Bastard under the ring deal. As opposed to the father and son happy queer Irish dance.

Lord-Of-Darkness
09-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Because Irish queerin don't make the world go round, much less the ECW title.

Gertner
09-19-2008, 12:18 PM
That would mean more hornswoggle, so no.

Lord-Of-Darkness
09-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Surely Hornswoggle hiding under the ring and only coming out for one spot, such as throwing a weapon to Finlay, is better than the cheesy dancing and Swog hanging around the ring all match?

Jeritron
09-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Only if it can lead to a fued where Hornswaggle steals the title and theres a TLC match

Vastardikai
09-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Someone in management (read: Laurinitis) managed to turn one of their best workers into the new Face Doink.

Destor
09-19-2008, 05:43 PM
I mean he's not horrible in the ring for his age,
...Finlay is great in the ring for any age...

Vastardikai
09-19-2008, 07:24 PM
^

He (along with Lance Storm and her own desire) was credited as being one of the ones who helped make Trish Stratus the best women's wrestler ever.

Wasn't Batista quoted as saying something along the lines of working with Finlay had revitalized his career?

And yes, if Finlay can't pull a watchable match out of you, you shouldn't be wrestling.

St. Jimmy
09-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Why not, they gave it to fucking Mizzark.

Mr. Nerfect
09-21-2008, 01:07 PM
I really love the whole principal of the Mike Knox versus Finlay feud. What with Knox trying to bring out bad-ass Finlay, and Finlay saying "Look, I'm dancing like a douche, but I can still kick anyone's ass." It's almost making me accept clown Finlay as sort of an ironic type thing.

What I would have loved to have seen happen, is for the WWE to hold-off on Matt Hardy vs. Mark Henry, and have had Finlay face Henry for the #1 Contender's position, with Hardy helping Finlay win to earn an ECW Title match at No Mercy. Henry is pissed, and Finlay starts asking Matt if he thinks that Finlay is the easier option to face, and pointing out that he's now. Have Finlay tease his old darker side, and after putting Hardy over at No Mercy, Henry comes out, destroys them both (and maybe permanently Hornswoggle), and then we get the Hardy/Henry at Cyber Sunday with some "extreme" stipulations being listed, and then continue to tease Finlay snapping and going after the 17lbs of platinum more tenaciously.

He should definitely hold a World Title before he retires.