PDA

View Full Version : Book Review - Wrestlecrap: The Very Worst of Pro Wrestling

BigDaddyCool
03-21-2004, 01:41 AM
Wrestlecrap: The Very Worst of Pro Wrestling
By R.D. Reynolds and Randy Bare, Forewords by John Tenta

I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

The book itself is a good read, pretty damn accurate (well according to other books I've read and wrestling I still remeber). It reads fast and keeps you reading, which is always good. If you ever been the to site (especially if you went to it back when everything was up) you have pretty much read the book already, just the site is more indepth on every subject. But what the book lacks in depth per subject, it more than makes up for in its organization. Every event is in chronilogical order and sorted with promotion or whatever. So when you read about something in the 80s, you get to find out about everything else that happened in the 80s. It does an execellent job of relating everything to everything. If you have $18.95 to spend, it is a better book than Chyna's.

Other notes and thoughts:
Looking at the cover and cover alone, one would think this book is about WWF (mostly Wrestlemania IX, or which ever was at Ceasar's Palace) because it feature 3 pictures from that event on the front and back cover, also 2 picture of Doink on the cover, 5 WWE(F) picture and one lousy pic of the Kiss Demon from WCW. But once you read the book, you'll come to realize, it is mostly about how bad WCW was. While WWE(F) has its fair share of crap, WCW has more. Also, a good majority of the WWF(E) crap is about the movie spin offs, XFL, and WBF. WCW far out crapped anything, ever.

PureHatred
03-21-2004, 03:29 AM
Really good book. I agree. Really looking forward to his book on the deat of WCW.

HHHsucks929
03-21-2004, 02:18 PM
I went to Barnes & Noble today and they didn't have it. Just how rare is it?

PureHatred
03-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Check Amazon.com or go to wrestlecrap.com. There's plenty of info on the site on how to order the book.