PDA

View Full Version : 30 Rock is so bad

RoXer
09-22-2008, 01:15 AM
How that show keeps winning Best Comedy is beyond me. The Office, Curb, hell even Entourage were better picks than 30 Rock.

I can't be the only one who doesn't get it. I think PapaGeorgio and some other poster might be the only ones on here who like it.

Fox
09-22-2008, 06:19 AM
30 Rock > You

Tina Fey is funny, hot and amazing. Tracy Morgan is also those things but in a different, not-gay way. Alec Baldwin is hilarious, the kid who plays the Page is fucking awesome, and you get occasional cameos by Will Arnett as a gay businessman trying to take Baldwin out. I admit it took a little bit of time to grow on me, but the show is brilliant.

RoXer
09-22-2008, 09:06 AM
I hate Tina Fey's character. I don't think I laughed at anything she (her character) has done.

Baldwin, Morgan, and Phillip (dunno his real name) have had several lol moments. But after two seasons, I need more than "several".

I even find myself forcing to laugh at Will Arnett. And I love Will Arnett :(

Penner
09-22-2008, 09:25 AM
I LOVE 30 Rock.

Have you seen the one where Tina Fey is a cougar? That whole episode is GENIUS.

Kris P Lettus
09-22-2008, 10:12 AM
That show is great..

Not as food as the Office but with Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, and Tracy Morgan, it's def the goods..

"I am a stabbing robot"

Fox
09-22-2008, 12:33 PM
The episode where they light off all those fireworks in New York and televise it and it looks like the 9/11 attacks is really tongue-in-cheek. Nobody else does that stuff on NBC.

BigDaddyCool
09-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Tina Fey is over rated.

D Mac
09-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Shes hot tho.

Kris P Lettus
09-22-2008, 03:32 PM
The best quote, which i can't seem to find online was when Jack asks Liz Lemon to write him an opening joke for a speech he has to do.. She spends the whole day freaking out over it and goes up to his office in the late afternoon to talk to him.. He is wearing a tux and is getting his hair done and whatnot.. She figures out that the speech wasn't that night and is like "If the speech is not tonight, why are you wearing a tux??".. Jack replies "It's after 6, Lemon, what am I, a peasant??"..

lol

Savio
09-22-2008, 04:19 PM
food?

Inadequacy
09-22-2008, 04:29 PM
"If the speech is not tonight, why are you wearing a tux??".. Jack replies "It's after 6, Lemon, what am I, a peasant??"..

lol

Farmer

But yeah, this show is the goods.

BigDaddyCool
09-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Shes hot tho.

Meh.

Boondock Saint
09-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Pretty hilarious.

RBM
09-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Tiny Fey is one of the few comically gifted females.

30 Rock is indeed pretty damn good.

RoXer
09-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Well this "pretty hilarious" show has won twice in a row for best comedy when there are "pretty hilariousier" shows that were nominated.

Triple A
09-22-2008, 08:11 PM
I watched the very first episode and didn't like it at all. Everyone tells me it's hilarious though so I'll probably watch it all one day.

PapaGeorgio
09-22-2008, 08:22 PM
lol, I don't even watch the show. I caught a few episodes and thought it was ok. Im like AAA, will probably check it out again later but otherwise meh.

Curb is def my favorite comedy show though.

Again lol at you calling me out on being a 30 rock fan, despite the fact i've seen maybe a total of 2 episodes.

Blue Demon
09-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Overall, I think it's a pretty good show.

Kris P Lettus
09-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Well this "pretty hilarious" show has won twice in a row for best comedy when there are "pretty hilariousier" shows that were nominated.

Just because you find other shows better, does not make this one bad..

RoXer
09-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Just because you find other shows better, does not make this one bad..
Even you admit this show "is not as good as The Office" so how does a show that is not the best comedy on tv win Best Comedy two years in a row?

RoXer
09-22-2008, 09:51 PM
lol, I don't even watch the show. I caught a few episodes and thought it was ok. Im like AAA, will probably check it out again later but otherwise meh.

Curb is def my favorite comedy show though.

Again lol at you calling me out on being a 30 rock fan, despite the fact i've seen maybe a total of 2 episodes.

My bad, I honestly thought it was you who loved the show.

Kris P Lettus
09-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Even you admit this show "is not as good as The Office" so how does a show that is not the best comedy on tv win Best Comedy two years in a row?

No but that in no way, shape, or form makes it "so bad"..

RoXer
09-22-2008, 10:25 PM
What?

Kris P Lettus
09-22-2008, 10:26 PM
The fucking title of the thread that you made that we are currently posting in..

Fuck sake, are you retarded??

Kris P Lettus
09-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Just reread this thread to figure out the confusion and

food?

If you really can't figure out what I meant by reading the post and looking at your keyboard I can not help you..

BCWWF
09-22-2008, 10:41 PM
I don't know how the emmy's turned out but the newspaper here had a Nominees, Who Should Win, Who Will Win thing, and it seems so stupid. There is no way Steve Carell should not be best actor in a comedy. I think the one it said was better was like Alec Baldwin or something.

Anyway.

DrA
09-22-2008, 10:54 PM
I get this show mixed up with Third Rock from the Sun.

RoXer
09-22-2008, 11:09 PM
No but that in no way, shape, or form makes it "so bad"..

"No" does not answer my question of how does something that is not the best comedy win Best Comedy.

If I could rate 30 Rock I would give it a C while the other choices were A's.

Even you admit that The Office is a much better show. So why did it not win Best Comedy?

RoXer
09-22-2008, 11:13 PM
And your typo had nothing to do with anything.

RoXer
09-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Just figured it was a fraudian slip since you're a fat pile of shit. :heart:

Kris P Lettus
09-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Or the fact that the "g" and the "f" are right next to each other.. My post towards Paul Carrington has nothing to do with the conversation I'm having with you..

Do you follow?? I sure hope so..

Ok, in the title of the thread and in the posts you have made in said thread are saying that 30 Rock is not a good show.. To quote you "30 Rock is so bad".. You have since reneged that line of thinking and are now saying that you meant that there were better shows on tv.. I'm just saying that just because there might be funnier shows, that doesn't mean this show is not funny or a good show in general..

You seemed to completely miss it and are now calling me names..

Have you caught up yet??

Kris P Lettus
09-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Reread from post 19 on..

RoXer
09-23-2008, 12:23 AM
30 Rock is not as good as the other shows. It won Best Comedy when it is not The Best. There are better choices for Best Comedy other than 30 Rock. Choosing 30 Rock for Best Comedy is a bad choice.

That is my main gripe. When you are giving an award for being The Best, how does something that is not as good as the others (yes, that would make it bad) win for being the best? It as an award for an A+ show. Not for something that is a C+ show or a "good show in general" or a show that is "pretty hilarious".

The award is for Best Comedy. The Best. I can not stress this enough. Even you, Kris P. Lettus, have admitted that there are better shows (The Office) than 30 Rock. The Office was also nominated for Best Comedy. So why does 30 Rock win Best Comedy when it is not The Best?

Kris P Lettus
09-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Why is Soulja Boy played on mainstream radio when Mos Def is not??

Just how mainstream media works..

In 1996 The English Patient won Best Picture over Fargo..

There are hundreds more example of the mainstream media making a bad choice at something like this.. What I am saying is, that fact alone doesn't make it a bad show.. Which is the lie you are trying to sell us..

thedamndest
09-23-2008, 12:54 AM
In terms of what shows were nominated I would have ranked them: Entourage, The Office, 30 Rock, Curb, Two and a Half Men (only funny in syndication). I don't think it's bad, but I don't make it a point to watch it either.

D Mac
09-23-2008, 03:20 AM
Well it can't be any worse then Arrested Development.

Boondock Saint
09-23-2008, 03:33 PM
The academy voted for 30 Rock, therefore it won Best Comedy. Clearly they like it better than the other choices.

Fox
09-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Here's why 30 Rock is amazing:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QTj47rcuM-4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QTj47rcuM-4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mitchables
09-27-2008, 12:40 AM
I watched the very first episode and didn't like it at all. Everyone tells me it's hilarious though so I'll probably watch it all one day.

First ep was weak as hell, but I stuck with it and came to love it.

Pretty much what everyone else said is accurate: The show is stolen by Alec Baldwin consistently, followed by Tracy Morgan and the dude who plays Kenneth.

In all honesty, Tina Fey should've gotten someone else to play Liz Lemon. Because in playing the role herself, she has officially made the leap that George Clooney made, in that she is now indistinguishable from her characters. I do not see "Liz Lemon" or that person she played in Baby Mama. I just see Tina Fey. She has been (by herself, by all accounts) typecast as the successful single professional woman just trying to make it work in the big city.

Tb1
10-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Julia Louis-Dreyfus is hotter and funnier than Tina Fey.

Fox
10-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Julia Louis-Dreyfus is hotter and funnier than Tina Fey.

I disagree.

Tina has ascended to legendary status with her spot on impersonation of the could-be first female President of the United Stupid of America.

Tb1
10-03-2008, 04:49 PM
One impersonation last week cannot deem her as being legendary. Julia's performances on Seinfeld and New Adventures blow Fey away.

Just sayin'

Savio
10-07-2008, 02:58 PM
lol I was jokin

Kris P Lettus
10-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Tina Fey is a writer though.. Even back in her SNL days Julia L.D. didn't write shit..

Julia maybe be more attractive, but you can't deny Tina Fey's talent mostly as a writer but also as a performer..