PDA

View Full Version : Fable 2

#BROKEN Hasney
09-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Right, it's out next month and I cannot fucking wait. Easily the highlight of the year for me and I hope it doesn't disappoint.

For those of you who "cheated" on Pub Games, Lionhead have said the cheat was intentional and anyone who used it is in for a surprise when they play the game for real.

Not only that, but some of the achievements are out there. Any achievement can be gained by doing something, or witnessing another hero do it in co-op, including, for a whopping 30GS, "Witnessing or taking part in a debauched bedroom party with more than 2 participants"

I'm really hoping this game isn't more Lionhead hyperbole because I am PUMPED

Kane Knight
09-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Is Fable something worth picking up at this point? I'm not sure if I'm interested in Dable 2 or not, because I'm not familiar with it.

Kane Knight
09-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Also, does it play like shit on a 360?

#BROKEN Hasney
09-23-2008, 04:57 PM
I played through Fable: The Lost Chapters on a 360. Loading times were a little strong compared to my normal XBox (Although I was using a DVD-R to play it on my 360 Vs. not on my XBox) but it played great.

Honestly, I think it's the only XBox game that still stands up today.

Kane Knight
09-23-2008, 05:08 PM
IS there a lot in TLC that makes it better? I ask because I can find the original game a lot cheaper, but it seems dumb to miss out.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Once you've finished the main game, a new area opens up with more quests and a new short story. Nothing I would lose sleep over missing to be honest. (Although you do get to kill one annoying prick who I wanted to kill through the entire game but couldn't)

The Destroyer
09-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Release could be timed better to be honest - only out a week before Fallout 3 and there's only room for one massive RPG in my life. :(

#BROKEN Hasney
09-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Yeah, which is why Fallout has slipped down the list for me to get slightly :)

Destor
09-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Can't wait for Fallout 3.

El Fangel
09-24-2008, 03:24 AM
KK, I can honestly say that Fable: TLC is one of the best live-adventure games I have played. Its pretty up there (Near Zelda: OoT

Disturbed316
09-24-2008, 05:27 AM
Havent paid much attention to the details of this as I want to be surprised when I play through. Cant wait for this.

Kris P Lettus
10-14-2008, 11:55 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Eewp9v3nns&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Eewp9v3nns&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> (http://mmajunkie.com/news/13012/josh-koscheck-replaces-diego-sanchez-at-ufc-90.mma)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0MMruG-3Fw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0MMruG-3Fw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have got to get a new 360 ASAP..

Kris P Lettus
10-14-2008, 11:56 AM
IS there a lot in TLC that makes it better? I ask because I can find the original game a lot cheaper, but it seems dumb to miss out.

You can get The Lost Chapters for $10..

Hella worth it..

BigDaddyCool
10-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Shadow told me he heard bad things about this game. But otherwise it looks good. What should I do?

#BROKEN Hasney
10-14-2008, 01:50 PM
From who/where? There's been no reviews yet and the previews are pretty good.

The only bad thing is that online co-op would not be ready at launch, but they've fixed that now and it will be ready as a patch on the release day

Kris P Lettus
10-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Shadow is full of shit..

Kane Knight
10-14-2008, 04:10 PM
From who/where? There's been no reviews yet and the previews are pretty good.

The only bad thing is that online co-op would not be ready at launch, but they've fixed that now and it will be ready as a patch on the release day

Shadow got his information from Jeff Hardy, who saw it in one of his *wink wink, nudge nudge* dreams.

I saw people bitching about how horrible it was that you have to download a patch just to play online. But I'm thinking, you know, how does it matter? Since you have to be online to play online anyway....

Kris P Lettus
10-14-2008, 04:26 PM
I don't care about the online shit..

#BROKEN Hasney
10-14-2008, 04:34 PM
This is the only game where I do care about the online stuff. It's the same as the single player, only there are two of you. Hell, you can even fuck his wife while the other guy is on a mission or something.

Kris P Lettus
10-14-2008, 04:35 PM
lol

Kane Knight
10-15-2008, 12:38 AM
This is the only game where I do care about the online stuff. It's the same as the single player, only there are two of you. Hell, you can even fuck his wife while the other guy is on a mission or something.

LOL Really? That's twisted. :D

D Mac
10-15-2008, 05:28 AM
Bought Fable through XBL Marketplace onto my hard drive, never finished it.

Funky Fly
10-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I need to get back into Fable and see the other 3 endings.

Kane Knight
10-15-2008, 08:12 PM
I haven't got too far. Anyone else get a lot of freezeups on Fable? I know there tend to be problems with BC titles.

Funky Fly
10-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Problems with Fable played on a 360: Constantly lagging framerate. Menu to game demos not "'dummied'" and result in a fatal error.

Problems with Fable: TLC played on a 360: Very slow to start up and after about 2-4 hours will crash and need restarting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Kane Knight
10-15-2008, 10:47 PM
I haven't noticed a lot of framerate drops. I have noticed freezing, though.

Funky Fly
10-15-2008, 11:07 PM
I have TLC, so once I hit the 1.5 hour mark I usually save, go back to the dashboard and then fire up Fable and pick up where I left off.

On a semi-related note I need to go and finish up Jade Dragon. I've seen the open palm ending and the neutral ending, alls gotta do is come back to life and see the closed fist ending.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-19-2008, 04:36 PM
ARGHH, I don't know whats better, this or Fallout 3. The dog is a great addition, much more than just a gimmick. Some stuff I've done below:

After one of my friends dad was murdered, as she was giving the eulogy, I danced on his grave. Hilarious.

Had a fivesome. Killed one of my wives because she cheated on me, but now I'm a single dad to baby Matt. You can choose protected or unprotected sex. Commisioned several statues of myself. All in all I'm going to hell in Fable 2 if that exists. Hell, I'm even going to sacrifice my kid for 10k once he comes of age.

Kane Knight
10-19-2008, 04:49 PM
ARGHH, I don't know whats better, this or Fallout 3. The dog is a great addition, much more than just a gimmick. Some stuff I've done below:

After one of my friends dad was murdered, as she was giving the eulogy, I danced on his grave. Hilarious.

Had a fivesome. Killed one of my wives because she cheated on me, but now I'm a single dad to baby Matt. You can choose protected or unprotected sex. Commisioned several statues of myself. All in all I'm going to hell in Fable 2 if that exists. Hell, I'm even going to sacrifice my kid for 10k once he comes of age.

LOL. I can't wait for the outcry from the media once part of that comes out.

KingofOldSchool
10-19-2008, 04:52 PM

AWE-SOME.:love:

Disturbed316
10-20-2008, 04:54 AM
:love:

#BROKEN Hasney
10-20-2008, 06:33 PM
I just killed some bitch using the slap expression because I'm too strong. Yay!

Kalyx triaD
10-20-2008, 07:59 PM
<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=741361&downloadURL=http://xbox360movies.ign.com/xbox360/video/article/921/921815/fable_halo_102008_01_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>

Sold.

Fryza
10-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Working the midnight launch for this tonight.

Gonna pick up my copy, maybe the guide just to read it.

Hope the online co-op will be patched in soon.

Destor
10-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Just watched the review for this on X-Play (they gave it a 5 out of 5 btw.) While I can wait for the price to fall out of this one, it looks like a game worth owning.

UmbrellaCorporation
10-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Can't wait for this. Going tonight at midnight.

Funky Fly
10-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I got the special edition preordered. Gonna pick it up tomorrow.

Kane Knight
10-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I got the special edition preordered. Gonna pick it up tomorrow.

Mine's gonna be delivered to me tomorrow. They had a release date delivery guarantee. :D

UmbrellaCorporation
10-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Shit. Gotta pick up my LE tonight, but look at this, guys:

According to one of our readers, today's shipment of Fable II Collector's Edition may wind up being less than it was cracked up to be, at least at some GameStop stores. After already being whittled down to near bare bones status, with special CE packaging and a limited Hobbe figurine having already been gutted, all that was left of the more limited SKU was the "Bonus DVD with a new 'Making-of' Feature" and exclusive in-game content.

That content, which requires Xbox Live, featured the following.
• “The Hall of the Dead” Dungeon
• “The Wreckager” Legendary Cutlass Weapon
• Spartan armor and energy sword

If what we heard is true, some of you may not even get that.

According to the report, GameStop corporate has already informed stores that "the majority of Fable II LEs have shipped without the DLC cards inside the case." Allegedly, that's due to two different manufacturing plants.

"Gamestop has told stores that cases WITH an orange '48 hours of live' sticker includes the content, whereas the copies of the game without said sticker do not have the card," the reader wrote. "I can vouch for the missing DLC because I have my copy in hand and it does not include it."

We've checked in with Microsoft PR to verify if this information is true or not, and, if so, how they plan on distributing the content to buyers of Fable II's Collector's Edition. Consider this rumor for now, but to be on the safe side, you might want to make sure your copy has one of those fancy orange stickers on it.

www.kotaku.com

KingofOldSchool
10-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Working the midnight launch for this tonight.

Gonna pick up my copy, maybe the guide just to read it.

Hope the online co-op will be patched in soon.

I heard there will be a Day 1 patch for it.

Funky Fly
10-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Shit. Gotta pick up my LE tonight, but look at this, guys:

According to one of our readers, today's shipment of Fable II Collector's Edition may wind up being less than it was cracked up to be, at least at some GameStop stores. After already being whittled down to near bare bones status, with special CE packaging and a limited Hobbe figurine having already been gutted, all that was left of the more limited SKU was the "Bonus DVD with a new 'Making-of' Feature" and exclusive in-game content.

That content, which requires Xbox Live, featured the following.
• “The Hall of the Dead” Dungeon
• “The Wreckager” Legendary Cutlass Weapon
• Spartan armor and energy sword

If what we heard is true, some of you may not even get that.

According to the report, GameStop corporate has already informed stores that "the majority of Fable II LEs have shipped without the DLC cards inside the case." Allegedly, that's due to two different manufacturing plants.

"Gamestop has told stores that cases WITH an orange '48 hours of live' sticker includes the content, whereas the copies of the game without said sticker do not have the card," the reader wrote. "I can vouch for the missing DLC because I have my copy in hand and it does not include it."

We've checked in with Microsoft PR to verify if this information is true or not, and, if so, how they plan on distributing the content to buyers of Fable II's Collector's Edition. Consider this rumor for now, but to be on the safe side, you might want to make sure your copy has one of those fancy orange stickers on it.

www.kotaku.com

Gay.

Kane Knight
10-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Wow, that's really fucked. If I don't get the bonus shit, I'm gonna be pissed.

KingofOldSchool
10-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Good thing I don't give a shit about most LE crap.

D Mac
10-21-2008, 04:40 AM
I'll just wait and buy this used.

Kane Knight
10-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Good thing I don't give a shit about most LE crap.

Bonus DLC in this case is nice. Normally I don't give a shit. But since I got the Bonus shit...I'm happy.

Funky Fly
10-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I want my fucking dungeon.

Kane Knight
10-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I want my fucking dungeon.

Yeah, that shit is awesome bonus material. I don't care about the extra disc of "the making of" shit, but on the flipside, extra Dungeons and equipment and stuff?

Fuck yes.

Kane Knight
10-21-2008, 11:35 PM
The only problem I'm having is too many games. Now I've got Fable 2 and Saints Row 2, in on the same day. And I'm still heavily into Rock Band 2. I did the prologue and a couple missions in SR2, then I switched over to Fable 2. I got through the beginning "quest," earned myself a fireball ability, and killed Fag...Err...Thag.

I'm loving the options, but man...I can't help but wonder how long it's gonna take for me to finish all this shit.

Funky Fly
10-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Dude, I am like 20 games behind as far as my 360 goes. That doesn't even include XBLA shit or original Xbox titles.

HeartBreakMan2k
10-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Same, and I know it's going to get much worse with Gears 2 because I'll invest entirely too much time in the online for that, neglecting my other games even more :(

Disturbed316
10-22-2008, 05:54 AM
God, friday is taking way too long to get here, I need to play this now!

BigDaddyCool
10-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Game is sweet. Glad I can't afford a million games like some of you though.

UmbrellaCorporation
10-22-2008, 06:17 PM
This game is great.

The only bitch I have is the lack of a minimap. Regardless of what anyone says, the dog doesn't place having a map there.

That's my only gripe. This is amazing all the way around.

And the fact they did away with armor ratings is a GREAT move, IMO. That way, people will wear what they want instead of everyone wearing that gay ass plate armor that was found along the way in the original Fable. Right now, I'm wearing one of those Revolutionary War Style Coats/Hats. Loving it.

Funky Fly
10-22-2008, 06:20 PM
I should be dressed like a mufuggen Spartan straight outta Halo, but I was one of the "lucky" few who didn't get the bonus content card. According to Microsoft, they'll have a solution by Oct 28th.

UmbrellaCorporation
10-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah, it's a pain, but you should be good. Apparently they were aware of it before midnight on the release, so that's a good sign, at least.

Funky Fly
10-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah, but it's still gay

Kane Knight
10-22-2008, 11:57 PM
This game is great.

The only bitch I have is the lack of a minimap. Regardless of what anyone says, the dog doesn't place having a map there.

That's my only gripe. This is amazing all the way around.

And the fact they did away with armor ratings is a GREAT move, IMO. That way, people will wear what they want instead of everyone wearing that gay ass plate armor that was found along the way in the original Fable. Right now, I'm wearing one of those Revolutionary War Style Coats/Hats. Loving it.

Yeah, I'd rather have a minimap than a dog and glowing trails. Though I like the addition of the dog. It just shouldn't replace that shit.

I barely got through the intro last night, and I haven't played it since. I'm enjoying it, but I've had three chances to MP on Saints Row, which ate up my time. I definitely like the button mapping more than the first Fable, too. Leveling up that first time confused me, because I was looking for options that weren't there. Which is more my fault, and being accustomed to the "old" system, than a flaw with the game. I'm just so used to games keeping the options the same, but it's MUCH better that they streamlined shit for this one.

BigDaddyCool
10-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Being that I never played the original, the dog doesn't bother. I was a bit confused when I could find any armor.

Also, I already got a wife and knocked her up. Own 3 shops, and I think 3 houses. Plus I'm well on my way through the quests.

Kane Knight
10-23-2008, 12:38 PM
You still have issues with contractions, doncha?

BigDaddyCool
10-23-2008, 01:06 PM
I have a problem with not paying attention to what I type. I need to slow down and proof read what was typed.

Kane Knight
10-23-2008, 05:02 PM
I don't believe that to be true.

Disturbed316
10-26-2008, 05:32 PM
I :heart: this game.

Funky Fly
10-26-2008, 05:37 PM
I :heart: this game.

Word. Just beat Thag

Not too far into it, but I love the little changes thus far... except for the minimap being gone. That takes getting used to.

Kane Knight
10-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Wow. You really aren't far in. I've mostly been dicking around, and I'm a bit further.

Destor
10-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Kane Knight is a superior human being than you Funky.

BigDaddyCool
10-26-2008, 09:37 PM
I've also been dicking around and further than Kane Knight. I'm in no rush to beat the game. It is fun as hell.

Kane Knight
10-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Kane Knight is a superior human being than you Funky.Gotta love meth head logic.

Funky Fly
10-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Kane Knight is a superior human being than you Funky.

I'll not contest that, but I will say this: Fable (and by extension Fable 2) is a game where you are supposed to dick around for ages before getting on with the main game.

As such, with the limited time I've had to play lately, I've made a fair bit of headway. Not bad for around an hour of play, I say.

Disturbed316
10-27-2008, 07:38 AM
Yeah, I've done the hero of strength main quest and have just been getting on with other stuff. Almost all of the women (and some men) in Bowerstone market area are in love with me, but so far have just the one wife and kid.

Got up to 5 stars in the wood chopping job, very boring though. Currently have just the one house and two stalls, but will no doubt get more soon.

BigDaddyCool
10-27-2008, 09:16 AM
I own the entire gypsy camp, all the stalls and a few of the shops, and houses in Bowerstone Market, I need to buy up Old Town still. I think I own all the stalls in Oakridge or whatever it is called. I'm dragging ass on the Hero of Will thing.

Kane Knight
10-27-2008, 09:46 AM
I own the entire gypsy camp, all the stalls and a few of the shops, and houses in Bowerstone Market, I need to buy up Old Town still. I think I own all the stalls in Oakridge or whatever it is called. I'm dragging ass on the Hero of Will thing.

I'm past hero of will, and I took one of the bandits' quests. Then I went right back to buying stuff. I love the fact that you make money even while you've got the game off. I'm now getting like 2 large every five minutes, and that's including the discounts I gave (Since I'm sure there are enough douchebags in Fable). Pretty cool, since the next time I boot it up, I'll probably have the cash for either a badass weapon or another couple of shops/homes.

Kane Knight
10-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I've done the hero of strength main quest and have just been getting on with other stuff. Almost all of the women (and some men) in Bowerstone market area are in love with me, but so far have just the one wife and kid.

Got up to 5 stars in the wood chopping job, very boring though. Currently have just the one house and two stalls, but will no doubt get more soon.

Wood Chopping is easy money, at least. It's just slower than blacksmithing. Anyone done the bouny hunter job yet? I was going to try it out this morning, but I'm running short of time.

BigDaddyCool
10-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh, I'm still in hero of will.

Kane Knight
10-27-2008, 12:50 PM
I "double crossed" the bandits, and the reason they wanted me to loot was funny.

Hero of will is straightforward. That's as far as I've gone on the main quests, though.

Anyone tried joining the cult? Sacrificing people? I haven't grabbed any villagers yet, though I'm tempted to sack my wife.

BigDaddyCool
10-27-2008, 01:20 PM
I sacrificed on person. It is mostly stupid and annoying.

Kane Knight
10-27-2008, 01:46 PM
That kinda sucks.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-27-2008, 01:48 PM
I love the Temple of Shadows sacrificing, the whole temples hilarious.

After a while you'll get the chance to slay all of Oakfield for a quest for them

Kris P Lettus
10-27-2008, 01:56 PM
I got this and got to just past the first time you go to the Hero's Guild..

Changes are taking some getting used to, but the graphics are amazing.. Kinda hard to read the subtitles and hints though due to me not having an HD tv but it's all good..

Awesome game..

BigDaddyCool
10-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I need an hd tv just to play fucking video games too.

Kris P Lettus
10-27-2008, 02:35 PM
I couldn't even play Dead Rising, due to not being able to read the subtitles..

gay

BigDaddyCool
10-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Do they go out of their way to piss off people with non-hd tvs?

Kris P Lettus
10-27-2008, 02:57 PM
I dunno.. I just don't know why on games like this, they don't make a "non-hd" option so you know, people without hd tvs can actually enjoy games..

BigDaddyCool
10-27-2008, 03:06 PM
I blame you.

Funky Fly
10-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Get with the times, bastards. HD tvs aren't even all that expensive anymore. You can get a 46 inch tv for like $1200 if you do a little looking.

BigDaddyCool
10-27-2008, 09:59 PM
$1200 is a little expensive for me. plus I want a 32 inch for 700.

Kris P Lettus
10-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Get with the times, bastards. HD tvs aren't even all that expensive anymore. You can get a 46 inch tv for like $1200 if you do a little looking.

Yeah, I'm not spending that much for a tv right now, bro.. They should just make it where you can choose a standard or HD format.. Really not that much to ask, IMO..

Ok, I beat the part where you have to chase and kill that bandit named "Dash" earlier (on the railroad tracks) and the actor doing the voice is def Plank from Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels..

It's gotta be him..

BigDaddyCool
10-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah, you aren't very far at all. I'm kicking some major ass while still mostly dicking around.

Kris P Lettus
10-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Started playing it today and I've only put like 2 hours into it..

Kris P Lettus
10-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Oh, I did get the CHOPS, with a sweet handle bar mustache, and an even sweeter mullet..

I look like a f'n badass..

BigDaddyCool
10-27-2008, 10:53 PM
I got the chops, handle bar, and shoulder length hair all dyed yellowbelly. I kinda look like HHH.

Kane Knight
10-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Started playing it today and I've only put like 2 hours into it..

Sorry, you suck. I cite the Destor postulate.

BigDaddyCool
10-28-2008, 10:50 AM
I kinda hope fable never ends. :-\

#BROKEN Hasney
10-29-2008, 07:11 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/28/microsoft-will-email-your-missing-fable-2-dlc-codes/
Anyone can get the dlc now, bought LE version or not.

Kane Knight
10-29-2008, 09:21 AM
MOtherfuckers.

Big Fat Mike
10-29-2008, 11:36 AM
I just bought it yesterday, and I havent done shit but make money blacksmithing and being a slum-lord.

Real estate simulator 5000.

BigDaddyCool
10-29-2008, 12:08 PM
I seriously think they intended for you to play a little every day, mostly just fucking around and buying up the towns. I own all of the gypsy camp, Oakfield, and almost all of the Bowerstone (old town and market).

Kris P Lettus
10-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Where can I get sweet armor?? I mean, every clothing vendor has the same shit and the ranger outfit is the best I have but it is still mad gay..

#BROKEN Hasney
10-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Get the DLC from the link above and get some spartan armor.

BigDaddyCool
10-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Where can I get sweet armor?? I mean, every clothing vendor has the same shit and the ranger outfit is the best I have but it is still mad gay..

There is no armor. There is only the same clothing everywhere you go.

Kris P Lettus
10-29-2008, 01:26 PM
gay

The dark chain mail in Fable 1 was so f'n sweet, with the huge spikes and whatnot..

:wavesad:

BigDaddyCool
10-29-2008, 01:27 PM
It would be nice if they had some armour and an option to wear clothing over it or it over clothing or something.

Disturbed316
10-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Just finished the hero of will quest, my little baby has grown up fast :love:

Just going to dick around for abit as I need some gold to buy stuff.

Can you check to see what percentage you are in terms of good/evil?

BigDaddyCool
10-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Yes, it is in the logbook on the pause menu, stupid.

Disturbed316
10-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Ah right, never looked at that.

Funky Fly
10-29-2008, 06:02 PM
So I paid extra for fucking nothing, then. Wanna murder everything rn.

Big Fat Mike
10-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Okay, so Im cheating. Using the co-op mode to max out my characters experience and basically god him out not even halfway through the game . Shame on me.

Kane Knight
10-30-2008, 09:00 AM
So I paid extra for fucking nothing, then. Wanna murder everything rn.

Word.

BigDaddyCool
10-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Hey, anyone want to co-op with me this weekend so I can get all the dumb x-box live game points?

Disturbed316
11-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Just became Crucible champion for a second time, broke all records, and what was my prize? A weapon thats worse than the one I used to win the thing :-\

Funky Fly
11-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Exchanged crappy gifts with BDC. I'd probably have joined his game, but I'm barely into it at all thus far. Whenever I get a chance to play I'm mostly building my real estate empire and assassinating mufuggas.

Destor
11-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Exchanged crappy gifts with BDC. I'd probably have joined his game, but I'm barely into it at all thus far. Whenever I get a chance to play I'm mostly building my real estate empire and assassinating mufuggas.
A buddy of mine was just telling me the exact same thing.

BigDaddyCool
11-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Yes, the gifts were crappy, and I'm doing the same thing and trying to build up all the dumb x-box gamescore point things. They are meaningless, but I still want them.

Disturbed316
11-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Have only come across one friend orb whilst playing, everyone should be playing this game.

BigDaddyCool
11-03-2008, 12:31 PM
1) I'm not sure we are friends
2) I didn't pay for the gold x-box live thing.

Disturbed316
11-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Doesn't matter what those answers say, its obvious the friends I already have are fools for not having this game :mad:

BigDaddyCool
11-03-2008, 01:35 PM
I like the game, we could be friends.

Disturbed316
11-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I like the game too, I think we could be friends also.

BigDaddyCool
11-03-2008, 01:51 PM
NJackson21 that is your gamertag right?

Disturbed316
11-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Yes

Spoiler ahoy:

MOTHER FUCKER LUCIEN! HE SHOT MY DOG! :mad:

Disturbed316
11-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Just finished the story, loved every minute of it. Only come across one new quest though, even though the game said that there would be lots :-\

Oh well, just have to build up my cash now to buy everywhere, could take awhile.

BigDaddyCool
11-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Why did you rush through the story?

Disturbed316
11-04-2008, 01:12 PM
No, not really, played about four hours a day for about 6 days or so. Certainly didn't feel like I was rushing it. It was only towards the end when I had worked up abit of a property empire and started getting the cash in.

BigDaddyCool
11-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Um, I've been playing 2 or 3 hours a day since it came out and own everything. You are rushing the story.

Disturbed316
11-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Well it got to the point where no other quests were popping up other than the main story, so I wasn't given much choice.

BigDaddyCool
11-04-2008, 02:08 PM
How many families did you have?

#BROKEN Hasney
11-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Just finished the story, loved every minute of it. Only come across one new quest though, even though the game said that there would be lots :-\

Oh well, just have to build up my cash now to buy everywhere, could take awhile.

Which card did you pick? I got my dog back, standard

There are lots, but I think some of them rely on other side-quests which you have to do before the end of the game.

Disturbed316
11-04-2008, 04:02 PM
How many families did you have?

I had three, but killed two of my wives after they failed to give me a son :mad:

Which card did you pick? I got my dog back, standard

There are lots, but I think some of them rely on other side-quests which you have to do before the end of the game.

Yeah, thats the one I went with, I was so pissed off when that spoiler happened.

BigDaddyCool
11-04-2008, 04:30 PM
I had three, but killed two of my wives after they failed to give me a son :mad:

I've had 5 wives, killed 2 after i didn't like them.

Disturbed316
11-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Haven't got divorced yet, came close, but ended up killing her so it doesn't matter :D

Kris P Lettus
11-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Do you get all your shit back after doing the Spire part of the main storyline??

Big Fat Mike
11-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Yes. But after that the main storyline is shite.

Kris P Lettus
11-08-2008, 12:55 AM
I cut it off a few minutes after the sailing cut scene..

I dunno if it autosaved or not.. I didn't have alot of sidequests left (the one where you give that dude money and some of the archeologist one) but I still need to buy house and whatnot..

Mr. Monday Morning
11-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Yah I'm like halfway through the Will quest. Just beat the Crucible. Own a bunch of houses, some stalls, and the pub in Oakfield. Been chopping wood and blacksmithing for what seems forever :$ Have also gotten mad fat due to drinking tons of coffee, need to eat some celery to get my svelte figure back.

Only got 1 wife and kid so far, any more than that I'd probably get pissed trying to keep them all happy. Think I've opened 3 demon doors so far, found another 2 that I'm not sure how to open yet. Haven't found any gargoyles yet, not sure what I'm meant to do :mad: (didn't play the first game)

Anyone know if you can get into the Bowerstone graveyard mansion? Just curious.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-08-2008, 08:37 AM
You hear the high-pitched scottish accents saying you can't shoot anything? They're the gargoyles. All you have to do is shoot them.

The gravestone mansion is part of a side-quest, I think it comes active after you get back from the Spire.

Mr. Monday Morning
11-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Ohhh ok. I thought those voices were like drunk hecklers following me around :$

Kris P Lettus
11-08-2008, 11:40 AM
I had been playing for like a week when I finally found a gargoyle.. I thought it was justn some ass yelling at me too..

lol

Funky Fly
11-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Some of those gargoyle bastids are pretty hard to find. Just running around looking up and getting heckled. :'(

Sacrificed like 3 wives thus far and killed my main one because she suddenly became a huge bitch and was unhappy after like every 5 minutes.

Disturbed316
11-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Has anyone got The Goth achievement yet? I've got the dye, yet when I use it on ALL my clothes and hair, with various dark make up, it doesn't pop up. Any ideas why?

Yeah the gargoyles are fairly annoying, couldn't find the one in bowerstone market for ages, only to eventually find him inside the furnature shop :mad:

Mr. Monday Morning
11-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Oh FFS I checked the furniture shop already and couldn't see him :mad:

Mr. Monday Morning
11-09-2008, 06:20 PM
That demon door on the path into Bloodstone is messed up :$

Funky Fly
11-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Still haven't gotten my special edition shit emailed to me yet. Getting ready to murder someone.

Disturbed316
11-10-2008, 03:38 AM
Oh FFS I checked the furniture shop already and couldn't see him :mad:

Try the second floor, near the doorway.

Kris P Lettus
11-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Some of those gargoyle bastids are pretty hard to find. Just running around looking up and getting heckled. :'(

lol yeah

I've only killed like 15 cause I didn't know about them until like a week ago..

Still putting off going to the Spire.. Bought alot of houses and whatnot and pretty much finished all the sidequests.. Now I'm just running around trying to find Gargoyles, opening Demon Doors, and making money.. Borrowed Gears of War 2 from my brother's buddy but don't want to start it yet..

:o

Kris P Lettus
11-13-2008, 02:52 PM
VSPOILERSV

Bought a bunch of houses, got married several times, and finished the Spire/started the Hero of Skill part..

I'm to the point where once I go back to the thief guy, it'll move on to the next part of the game, so I'm doing all these side quests ATM (dead pirate one, TOBY, etc)..

Question though, the Demon Door outside of the town in Wraithmarsh (I think), where you have to play the lute.. How do I open it?? Like I keep playing the lute and he's like "big finish" or whatever but it'll never open??

Also, the one in Brightwood, how do I open it?? I know I have to have the dreads and the chops and give it cheese, but how do I open it??

Mr. Monday Morning
11-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Keep playing the lute. Just hold it down for like ever until he says big finish, make sure you land it in the middle. Dunno I had to do it twice for it to register but it did eventually open up.

Kris P Lettus
11-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Oh, so you hold down UP on the D-Pad until that meter comes up??

I am an idiot..

BigDaddyCool
11-13-2008, 03:37 PM
VSPOILERSV

Bought a bunch of houses, got married several times, and finished the Spire/started the Hero of Skill part..

I'm to the point where once I go back to the thief guy, it'll move on to the next part of the game, so I'm doing all these side quests ATM (dead pirate one, TOBY, etc)..

Question though, the Demon Door outside of the town in Wraithmarsh (I think), where you have to play the lute.. How do I open it?? Like I keep playing the lute and he's like "big finish" or whatever but it'll never open??

Also, the one in Brightwood, how do I open it?? I know I have to have the dreads and the chops and give it cheese, but how do I open it??

I did it on the first try and i was fucking around.

Disturbed316
11-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah, same.

Just building up my gold at the moment to buy Fairfax castle and get the real estate achievement. Once I've done that I'll probably trade this in for Left 4 Dead.

Kris P Lettus
11-13-2008, 04:33 PM
I did it on the first try and i was fucking around.

You are better at RPG games than me..

That is quite an accomplishment..

BigDaddyCool
11-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Yeah, but you are still fatter than me. So it is an even trade off.

Kris P Lettus
11-14-2008, 02:12 PM
You're wife is fatter than me while my wife is banging hotttt...

But still, good job at being better a video games..

CHAMPION

BigDaddyCool
11-14-2008, 02:52 PM
She isn't fatter than you. And she has a heart condition. She shouldn't even be alive right now. Dick head.

Kris P Lettus
11-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Now, if your fat wife dies it'll all be your fault for randomly talking shit to me in a video game thread..

BigDaddyCool
11-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Hey. That hurts. :(

Disturbed316
11-14-2008, 03:53 PM
I just killed my wife, after turning into a woman after getting the potion in Fairfax Castle :S

BigDaddyCool
11-14-2008, 05:10 PM
We are talking about real wives, not video game ones.

Funky Fly
11-14-2008, 07:48 PM
FINALLY got my special edition shit.

Kris P Lettus
11-15-2008, 01:19 AM
Where can I find Master Weapons that I can augment??

Like, I got the Master Hammer, which is awesome, but I can't seem to find any better weapon (107 HP) that I can actually augment.. I have like 20 augments but have yet to have a weapon to use them on.. The ones I see available from the main vendors are all shit compared to what I already have.. Same with the Master Flintlock Rifle or whatever..

DUNNO

Disturbed316
11-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah got my LE code aswell, where abouts is the dungeon?

#BROKEN Hasney
11-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Master Weapons usually have their own augments pre-assigned. not come across one that bucks that trend.

Kris P Lettus
11-15-2008, 12:42 PM
The Master Hammer I got has nothing but has an HP of 107.. This is better than any other weapon but I just want to try out some of the augments.. Like the one that earns you money for killing shit..

:cool:

Funky Fly
11-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Master Weapons usually have their own augments pre-assigned. not come across one that bucks that trend.

Nah, that's Legendary, mate. Master weapons are the best of unnamed weapons. I have a master katana with lucky charm augment that I added.

BigDaddyCool
11-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Just beat the mainstory, picked the sacrifice. I'm going to go play again and be an evil woman, just for shits and giggles.

Funky Fly
11-19-2008, 12:41 AM
100% stats now. And I'm not even into the spire yet. Been fucking around on sidequests and shit. Game is probably gonna be a breeze from here on out now.

BigDaddyCool
11-19-2008, 09:22 AM
100% stats now. And I'm not even into the spire yet. Been fucking around on sidequests and shit. Game is probably gonna be a breeze from here on out now.

Yeah, at times it gets a little annoying killing a million bad guys. Plus Lord Douchebag just takes a single shot to the head. Still fun.

Drakul
12-04-2008, 03:06 AM
Has anyone got The Goth achievement yet? I've got the dye, yet when I use it on ALL my clothes and hair, with various dark make up, it doesn't pop up. Any ideas why?

What dye are you using? I had to use "Moonless Midnight" (Darkest dye in the game) which I found in a chest in, I think, Wraithmarsh. Dye your hair, shirt, gloves, trousers and boots and head to Bowerstone Market stylist and buy dark make up.

I only did it for the achievement. Normally I wear the Explorer shirt, trousers and boots dyed primarly Moonless Midnight black and seconderily Red Letter red. Shoulder length hair and a strong, barrel shaped body covered in Will lines. No tattoos or make up.

The game is great. I finished the story and everything but still playing it. On top of that, I've started two new games. One as an evil woman and one as a corrupt, gluttonous, bearded guy.

I'm a fan of Stephen Fry so I enjoyed having him in the cast. Zoe Wanamaker from My Family is cool to.

BigDaddyCool
12-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Has anyone who has beaten the main game gotten tobuy castle fairfax? Cause I'm stuck on that fucking shoot the targets without time to aim. I was wondering if anyone beat that cause it pisses me off.

Disturbed316
12-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah that pissed me off for ages, but then I realised you could just shoot from the hip and hit them rather than properly aiming, providing you had a high enough skill attribute that is.

Drakul
12-07-2008, 01:37 AM
Can anyone tell me why my daughter can't follow me outside the area we live in? Her personality info says she likes Bower Lake so I get her to follow me and she does but if we leave the area we live in she vanishes and is at home when I return. Am I doing anything wrong or is this just a glitch?

Funky Fly
12-07-2008, 02:26 AM
I dunno. I'm going the evil route, so I kinda keep sacrificing my wife to the Shadows.

Impeccable
12-07-2008, 03:00 AM
Getting this for Christmas...should I prepare to kiss my life goodbye?

Funky Fly
12-07-2008, 03:22 AM
Not entirely. It's gonna have you for a while, but def not forever.

Impeccable
12-07-2008, 04:05 AM
My 2nd child is due early january.....will I have fable out of my system by then?

Funky Fly
12-07-2008, 04:51 AM
Depends on how much of the side quests you plan on doing and how much you play on a daily basis. My guess is no, tho.

Impeccable
12-07-2008, 07:23 AM
Will have to buy the kid a new rattle or something then.

BigDaddyCool
12-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Yeah that pissed me off for ages, but then I realised you could just shoot from the hip and hit them rather than properly aiming, providing you had a high enough skill attribute that is.

I'll try that.

Drakul
12-18-2008, 10:48 PM
I have 1200 MSPoints and I'm thinking of downloading the first Fable. Is it worth it or should I not bother because I have Fable II?

Funky Fly
12-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Nah, Fable 1 is the goods. Shoulda played them in order tho. Hard to go back once you've played 2.

Drakul
12-18-2008, 11:36 PM
I'll download Fable and see how it goes. I already have 4 games going on at once. Jumping between Fable II, Sonic Unleashed, Banjo-Kazooie (XBLA N64 one, not Nuts & Bolts) and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

I think the Fable series is similair to what the Zelda series should have become by now. Ok, I don't think Nintendo would want people to make Link pick up prostitutes, get drunk, attack innocent people or have orgies but the whole "Shape what happens" thing could have been put into Zelda. Although, Zelda does follow a much tighter story so it would probably mess up the over all story if there is one, which I think Nintendo said there was.

Funky Fly
12-18-2008, 11:38 PM
It'd be nice to have a new story once in a while. Oh, how Majora's Mask was a nice change of pace.

Drakul
12-18-2008, 11:42 PM
There are a lot of possibility for it. Side with Ganondorf and eventually cause the flood they mention in WW or defeat him again and prevent it as a small example. Even the morphing character can fit in. Slowly changing to look more like Fierce Diety or Dark Link.
Infact, if they did it right, Nintendo could wrap up every lose thread in the series in one game just by having it a "Shape your destiny" style game.

Drakul
12-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Nah, Fable 1 is the goods. Shoulda played them in order tho. Hard to go back once you've played 2.

I played the original for a little while and, you're right. I probably should have done them in order.
Compared to Fable II, the original feels more like a very early demo in every way. I can clearly see how awesome it was back when it was released but because I have the superior Fable II, I can't see myself playing the original all that much.
On the plus side, it's made me hopeful for Fable III if each game is 10 times better than the game before it.

Kalyx triaD
12-25-2008, 02:31 AM
I played 30 or so minutes of this game. Already convinced that I will love it. Its a good game to totally invest yourself into.

Drakul
12-25-2008, 07:16 AM
I've read online in a few articles from back in the the summer that Lionhead already have plans for Fable 3,4 & 5 which is great news considering it's become my favourite Xbox series.
There is a video interview with Peter Molyneux on the 360 dashboard where he, from the way I understood it, basically gave away a large part of the series story.
He mentioned...
Theresa. He said that no one seems to have "got it" that there is something about Theresa. He asked "Why has she been alive for 500 years?" and mentioned her final line in the quest "Leave the spire now. It's mine." and he asked "What's she going to do with that?" which, to me, basically tells us that a large twist is going to be Theresa was the villain all along and used the Hero to gain the spire and get on with her plans.

Kalyx triaD
12-30-2008, 03:51 PM
This is kinda sorta the best game ever. Well not best, but I spent 15 minutes playing with my in-game family. That just doesn't happen in games.

Drakul
12-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Can anyone help me out? I can't seem to see friend orbs. My settings are set to "Friends only" and "Auto join: On".
I changed the setting to see all orbs and that worked but I still couldn't see the orbs of my friends. Anyone know why and how to fix it?

Drakul
01-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Lionhead have put up screenshots of Knothole Island on their website. Some show new areas and some show new clothing and other things. It's all very interesting.

http://www.lionhead.com/fable2/screenshots/Knothole/Biker_Gang_900.jpg
Is that a guitar on the players back? It looks like it.

http://www.lionhead.com/fable2/screenshots/Knothole/Warrior_Woman_900.jpg

http://www.lionhead.com/fable2/screenshots/Knothole/Village_Dry_900.jpg
I can't make out if that the players haircut or a Centurian style helmet.

http://www.lionhead.com/fable2/screenshots/Knothole/Knight_Spell_900.jpg

http://www.lionhead.com/fable2/screenshots/Knothole/Winter_Moon_900.jpg

http://www.lionhead.com/fable2/screenshots/Knothole/Winter_Ice_Climb_900.jpg

Edit: I read a bit more on the Lionhead site and found a run down of what the Knothole Island DLC includes. It includes:
Embark on 3 unique quests set in 3 unique dungeons.
Unravel the mystical secrets of the resurrection shrine.
Try on a whole new range of outfits and look like an armoured knight, an assassin, a barbarian or a leather-clad biker, among many others.
Brandish 6 new weapons.
Dozens of unique potions that will drastically alter your appearance.
Customise your weapons the way you want with the new augment tool and a whole new array of augments.
+50 additional leaderboards.

I'm betting the "alter your appearance" potions will be for new faces and skin colours.

Kalyx triaD
01-03-2009, 02:11 AM
Fucking Awesome.

Sepholio
01-04-2009, 04:12 AM
Needs to come out now

Drakul
01-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know when the release date is? I heard the end of January but I've not read anything official.
I found a picture of the armoured knight costume. It was at the very bottom of the page. I couldn't save it so I had to press "Print Screen" and put it on paint.
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9528/fable2dlcqy3.png
Looks more like a Japanese type thing than a traditional armoured knight.

There is also the story behind the new quests:
Hundreds of years ago, the tribe from Knothole Glade discovered the existence of an island far off the mainland said to offer its inhabitants full control over their weather. Tired of constant Balverine attacks and damp, dreary weather, the tribe elders decided they would find this mythic island and settle there. The ancient civilisation who originally lived on the island created the magical artifacts that control the weather, and hid them in dangerous caves so that their warriors would be tested every year.

Drakul
01-08-2009, 11:10 AM
In the studio's eighth video documentary, Lionhead offers a glimpse into finishing "Fable II" and creating the highly-anticipated Knothole Island, which arrives to Xbox LIVE Jan. 13 worldwide.

Since the North American launch of "Fable II" on Oct. 21, more than two million gamers worldwide have embarked on a quest to reshape the world of Albion in the image of their hero. While gamers have been fast at work behind the Xbox 360 controller, the creators of Albion have been hard at work to bring Knothole Island to heroes worldwide on Jan. 13. Releasing over Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 Microsoft points, Knothole Island will introduce all-new adventures in "Fable II," the winner of numerous industry awards including G4TV X-Play's Game of the Year.

In the latest installment of Lionhead Studio's Video Diary series, the developers reveal some of the challenges they faced in the final days of making "Fable II" and offer a sneak preview of Knothole Island. Senior Programmer Jonathan Shaw and fellow members of the team hint at the new quests, weapons, items and specialty shops available on this mysterious isle off the coast of Albion, as well as some of the quirky characters that inhabit it.

Also on Jan. 13, fans everywhere will be able to enhance their "Fable II" experience with a free content update* exclusively available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace. The free update will grant players a handful of gifts from the fine people of Knothole Island and will enable those who haven't purchased Knothole Island downloadable content to continue the co-op action with their friends. Some of the fun items include: Knight's Boots, Assassins Gloves, a special Weight Loss Potion, a collectible silver book and more. The update will also enable players to check their standing in over 50 new Leaderboards on Lionhead.com.

As an additional post-holiday treat for "Fable II" fans, Lionhead Studios and Microsoft Game Studios have created an all-new Knothole Island Premium Theme for the New Xbox Experience, available for 250 Microsoft points. Voyage over to Xbox LIVE Marketplace or Marketplace on the Web at www.xbox.com to download the theme and check out Video Diary Episode 8.

Check out Episode 8 at http://www.lionhead.com/diaries/ and on Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Or if you can't wait to watch it, find it on YouTube (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZhImrFLDXk).

I was expecting it to arrive towards the end of the month but this is good news. I better go get myself some MS Points.

Funky Fly
01-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Yeah, it arrives right when my Xbox craps out. :mad:

Drakul
01-11-2009, 01:19 AM
That must suck. The DLC isn't a limited offer so it'll still be there when you get your 360 repaired. Microsoft do it for free, don't they?

Found a video of the interview I mentioned a while back. I put it as a spoiler so it wont load up unless you guys want to watch it. I've already filled the page with screenshots and stuff and I don't want to make the page load any slower than it must for some people by now. It does contain spoilers for the end of the game, though.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kl3LHjYI0no&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kl3LHjYI0no&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#BROKEN Hasney
01-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Downloading the Knothole Island stuff right now. There is a free pack, but that only lets you play on other peoples co-op games.

You can resurrect your dog, no matter what choice you made :D

Drakul
01-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Downloaded the DLC when I got home at mid day. Played on the island for a good few hours. Worth the MS Points, I'd say, and I'm hoping it's not too long a wait for the next DLC.

Kalyx triaD
01-13-2009, 09:28 PM
I got the free pack. I'll try to snag the full pack this or next week.

Drakul
01-14-2009, 10:39 PM
I've noticed a few small things about the DLC. When you head to Rookridge now, you hear the rain. Before the DLC, when I went to Rookridge or Westcliff, the rain made no sound but now it does. Has it always done that or have Lionhead put that in with the DLC? Waterfalls also suddenly make noise, as do footsteps. Since the DLC, I've also noticed NPCs are using stalls now. They never used to but now I can watch them and they hand over money and such to stall vendors. Small details but cool.

So far I've noticed 2 new glitches since the DLC. One is battle music seems to randomly play in areas where there is no battles going on and the other is digspots in Knothole Island regenerate each time I visit. So if I go to a certain part of the island, I dig up a rusty necklace (for example) and when I leave and return to the island, the same spot has the same item again.

Purgatory
01-15-2009, 09:16 PM
I have the game, but it's extremely glitchy...freezing up so randomly it's literally unplayable. I went back to EBGamestop and bought a new one, but it's doing the same thing. I've read alot about others having similar issues, but I also hear there's a patch that fixes some of these issues. Does anyone here know of any? I looked around on XBox Live and couldn't find one.

Kalyx triaD
01-15-2009, 09:17 PM
I don't know man, I played just fine.

Drakul
01-15-2009, 10:28 PM
I have the game, but it's extremely glitchy...freezing up so randomly it's literally unplayable. I went back to EBGamestop and bought a new one, but it's doing the same thing. I've read alot about others having similar issues, but I also hear there's a patch that fixes some of these issues. Does anyone here know of any? I looked around on XBox Live and couldn't find one.

I think the patch was part of an automatic update when you turn on the game. I got one, anyway.

Kalyx triaD
01-22-2009, 06:02 PM
My little girl is weird. I do playful expressions and all the other kids would clap and cheer but her. She never wanders with the other kids or says anything. Sometimes she just stands their looking at a wall. I'm thinking it's some kind of glitch, or is it some set 'quiet kid' personality?

Well I still bring her a gift before I come home from every quest and she seems to like them. But I don't know what to do about her vacant stares and such. My kid, gotta deal with it.

Drakul
01-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I've had a glitch like that. My daughter wouldn't move. She just stood outside the house day and night, blankly staring into infinity.
I moved house and she seemed to come back to life. The second I enter the area now, she'll hunt me down and ask for chocolate or a toy.

Kalyx triaD
01-22-2009, 10:54 PM
My girl started acting like that when we moved to Oakfield (says she liked the region on her profile), but that's when she started acting strange. Then we moved back to Old Town. She still behaves odd.

Also, do kids grow any older than 9/10yo? And wouldn't it be cool if they got to a preteen age and they were able to Quest with you as a sidekick?

Drakul
01-22-2009, 11:04 PM
My girl started acting like that when we moved to Oakfield (says she liked the region on her profile), but that's when she started acting strange. Then we moved back to Old Town. She still behaves odd.

Also, do kids grow any older than 9/10yo? And wouldn't it be cool if they got to a preteen age and they were able to Quest with you as a sidekick?

That's where mine began acting odd. My wife and I moved to the cottage down the road from the Sandgoose, by the sculptor and had the girl. She grew up and then the glitch started. We moved to another area and she was fine. I just remembered, I gave her a brother before me moved. That may have helped.

Kids don't grow beyond the age yours are at now. I brought it up in a GameFAQs topic about things we'd like to see in Fable 3. Numbers 3 and 4.

1) I think the Jobs should have benefits beside gold. For example, be a blacksmith and gain 10 strength exp for each successful hammer blow or working as a tailor gives you cheaper clothing and makes NPCs less likely to find your clothing combination ugly or ridiculous.
Also, like was already suggested, more variation in jobs. When I'm a blacksmith, my duties should change between forging, delivering, testing and so on.

2) The seasons should progress. After 90 ingame days of one season, there should be 10 ingame days of a transitionary weather before entering a new season. Summer will be bright, warm and green for 90 days and for ten days after that, things will slowly grow more orange, the Sun will set sooner and sooner etc. I think that would keep things refreshing, graphically, and allows each season to have specific events, quests, enemies.

3) If the seasons progress, so should your family. In other words, kids should grow up. This could be done pretty easily. Once your baby grows into a child, you should be able to interact with something (lets says your house info screen as an example) and send him/her off to boarding school. You choose how many terms/semesters they will be there. Each one will make your child return at a different stage in life from early teen, late teen, young adult to fully grown. The older you want them to return, the more gold you pay for more terms/semesters and the longer that member of your family is gone.
It could be made a bit more personal by choosing which school to send them to. A cheap one will make them return thuggish but the best school shall make them return upperclass or find a happy medium.

4) On the topic of schools, maybe send them to a combat school so they return as an adventurer. This gives the added bonus of rescue quests when they get stuck or trapped or ambushed in a cave, maybe if you ignore, say, 5 rescue-your-child quests in a row, a town guard will visit your home to inform you that your child was killed on there last adventure. This way we get just enough feeling of parental responsiblity to rescue them at least once in a while or else they die and, if they die, it's a cool thing to add to your characters life history.

I'd be interested in what others think should be added.

Kalyx triaD
01-23-2009, 12:54 AM
I only have one kid but I think sibling rivalry and parental 'favorites' should play a role in future games. As well as the idea of step-siblings.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-23-2009, 02:56 AM
Just the ability to kill them thx

Or sell them for gold to SuperSlim

Kalyx triaD
01-23-2009, 03:00 AM
Also, adoption agencies. In case I wanna skip the baby thing. The trade off should be that it'll take longer to get the kid's approval.

The co-op should be expanded to three or four players. And seeing the other guy;s actual character should be paramount (if not patched with the current game).

Drakul
01-23-2009, 11:25 AM
It would make sense if online co-op didn't tie the two players togethor. Surely they should both be able to explore the area independently, even if the guest can't leave the area without the host leaving the area to.
This would really sort out the camera issue in co-op.

Kalyx triaD
01-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah, keep the link for offline co-op.

Just beat the game last night. Given the ending and my choice, I'm actually gonna stray away from combat missions and just stay home focusing on collecting things.

Drakul
03-28-2009, 01:45 AM
New DLC announced: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/741361/fable-2/videos/molyneaux_inv_032609.html

Edit: another, longer interview. http://kotaku.com/5186946/molyneux-fable-franchise-may-not-remain-rpgs

Edit No.2: Fable III might have been accidently hinted at:
And the Twitter madness continues. Latest to let something slip? British television and radio presenter Jonathan Ross, who says he was just asked to do some voice work for a third Fable game.

Or, as he puts it, "Goodnight all. Must go to bed. Got asked to do voice in Fable 3 tonight. Subarashi. Oyasuminasia. Woss out."

CAUTION: he may be having a laugh (he was, after all, at the BAFTAs tonight and probably enjoying a drink or three with Peter Molyneux), or accidentally be referencing some new DLC. So we'll refrain from getting over-excited at mention of a third Fable. Besides, it's a successful franchise. Of course there will be more of them.

We only point it out because it's nice to hear it mentioned, that's all. Also nice to see that Lionhead haven't lost their zeal for filling their games with top-notch British voice-acting, either.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5167824/bbc-talk-show-man-mentions-fable-iii

Jonathan Ross would be pretty cool in a Fable game. Even though it is likely a joke or misunderstanding, I'd like to see him voice someone. I just noticed it was dated the 10th of March so maybe it was some kind of joke since we haven't really heard anything else about it. Unless it was a mistake and he's just voicing some DLC character.

Kalyx triaD
03-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Still didn't get the island DLC. Falling behind.

Drakul
04-01-2009, 03:18 PM
There is some cool stuff on Knothole Island. I didn't see any new enemies even though Lionhead said we would get some in the download. My copy of Fable II is down in England at a relatives house. I want it back in time for the new DLC.

Oh, new video:
<embed id="mymovie" width="432" height="362" flashvars="playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=4.3&flavor=EmbeddedPlayerVersion&skin=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/media_player/proteus/one/skins/gamespot.png&paramsURI=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6207183%26mode%3Demb edded%26width%3D432%26height%3D362" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" name="mymovie" style="" src="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/media_player/proteus/one/proteus2.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>

Yes, it's an April Fools.

Kane86
04-01-2009, 03:59 PM
I killed my wife on there because she wouldn't put out and I have bought a lot fo small business' and rasied all the prices its quite nice.

Drakul
04-01-2009, 04:47 PM
If your wife wont have sex with you, you should buy the book "Come hither, darling." from the Bowerstone bookstore. Use it and you get the "Back to my place" expression. Use the expression on your wife or anyone else to get them to follow you to a bed. I know it's a bit late considering you've already killed her but it might help with the next marriage.

Do it to multiple people and have an orgy for an achievement.

Kalyx triaD
04-01-2009, 06:21 PM
I love my wife.

Drakul
04-06-2009, 03:23 PM
See the Future of Albion

“See the Future” of Albion With the Much Anticipated Second Game Add-on for “Fable II”

The future of Albion awaits discovery. In the latest game add-on for “Fable II,” the award-winning role-playing game that has sold more than 2.6 million copies worldwide, players will encounter challenges unlike anything a hero has faced before. Available in May exclusively on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, Microsoft and Lionhead Studios keep the “Fable II” adventures going in “See the Future,” an action-packed journey that requires players to lift the curses placed on three mysterious items that have come into the possession of Murgo the Trader.

In “See the Future,” players will be given the chance to heed the call for a hero to restore color and balance to the world, or let Albion fall to the wayside. Those who emerge victorious will receive the ultimate reward: a quest that provides a vision of Albion’s future and what lies ahead for those born into the heroic bloodline. The fantastical new quests in “See the Future” will bring players face-to-face with new characters, creatures, events and legendary artifacts, including:

Murgo: Having first met him during the childhood sequence of “Fable II,” Murgo returns to Bowerstone Market to bring an amazing array of new wares, including potions that can transform canine companions into new breeds.

The Ghosts of the Snowglobe Quest: Holding a disturbing secret, the small model village inside it was once a real town in Albion. The people who once inhabited it are now ghosts condemned to endless torment until the shadowy threat that cursed them is defeated.

The Cursed Knight Quest: Forever banished to a land beyond the dead, the Cursed Knight awaits a hero who has the strength and will to dress up in convincing costumes, even imitating a hobbe or balverine, to save him from his fate.

The Colosseum: The Colosseum puts even the Crucible to shame. Only the greatest heroes have triumphed here. Players’ abilities will be put to the test to prove themselves in combat once and for all, to win the ultimate in prizes.

In addition, “See the Future” offers free unique items* to all, including Welley’s soldier helmet and other clothing, a braided ponytail and other hairstyles, psycho Jester make-up, a new hero expression, the back flip trick for canine companions, and a collectible Murgo the Trader gold statue.
The “Fable II” “See the Future” game add-on will be available for download exclusively on Xbox LIVE Marketplace in May for 560 MS Points for the premium content package. “Fable II” is available exclusively on Xbox 360 and is rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB and PEGI 16 +.

Sounds pretty awesome to me. New dog breeds, a new expression among other things. I can't help but feel bad for the people that bought Pub Games purely to get the backflip and now we can just download it. I know how it feels. I downloaded Sonic 1 & 2 months ago only to find it was on the Sega Megadrive Collection. There are 3 screenshots up but none of them are anything but scenery and are far too big for the forum.

Kalyx triaD
04-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Sounds cool. That's a lot of game for my buck. I haven't played Fable 2 in a bit, but I love the support it has.

Dare I say it's the kind of RPG support I always wanted in modern games. Between this and GTA L&D, I think game expansions for consoles are getting good.

Drakul
04-07-2009, 02:49 AM
Yeah, things are getting to a good standard now, I'd say. The thing about DLC is it's quantity. How many DLCs can we expect for Fable II? This is the 2nd one and I'd love a lot more but I can't see them doing more than 3.

Who wants to bet the Psycho Jester make up is The Jokers make up?

Kalyx triaD
04-07-2009, 03:00 AM
That would be cool.

Drakul
04-07-2009, 03:09 AM
If it is The Jokers make up, that will make two references to things outside Fable. Batman and Halo (Hals Armour/Helmet/Sword etc).
I want a Zelda reference. Some kind of Link style costume or perhaps a Ganondorf inspired one.

Kalyx triaD
04-07-2009, 03:37 AM
I doubt Nintendo plays along that well, but that would be boss as Hell.

Drakul
04-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Nah, it would be easy to get away with. As long as the default colour is different from the colour Link/Ganondorf wear and it isn't a dead ringer but similar enough that we can take one look at it and know what it's supposed to be, I'm sure it's perfectly fine.

It could be cool to see an A fat Link or a horned, axe weilding Ganondorf.

Kalyx triaD
04-07-2009, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't be interested in a fat Link, though.

#BROKEN Hasney
04-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Sounds cool. That's a lot of game for my buck. I haven't played Fable 2 in a bit, but I love the support it has.

Dare I say it's the kind of RPG support I always wanted in modern games. Between this and GTA L&D, I think game expansions for consoles are getting good.

How did you forget Fallout 3 and Oblivion? :(

Drakul
04-07-2009, 12:49 PM
No one wants a fat Link. I was trying to say it would be cool seeing Link or Ganondorf with a twist.

#BROKEN Hasney
04-07-2009, 12:57 PM
I want a fat middle-aged link. In fact, it would be better as an enemy.

Funky Fly
04-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Just got Knothole Island finally. Any word on if either of these DLC packs have more achievements?

#BROKEN Hasney
04-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Knothole defo does. Not sure about the one thats not out yet.

Funky Fly
04-07-2009, 05:26 PM
If I weren't busy rn I'd give it a go (provided I could pull myself away from the triumvirate of games that are consuming all my free time these days, namely SF4, Godfather and Spider-Man: FoF).

Kalyx triaD
04-07-2009, 05:57 PM
How did you forget Fallout 3 and Oblivion? :(

Those are great, too. :y:

I'm just glad there's more to invest with these games in general.

A little jealous of MMOs getting all those glorious expansions.

Drakul
04-23-2009, 02:43 AM
New Fable II DLC achievements leaked.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/lp/6I/1jc8P2NhbC9CCRt0GltTVkYxL2FjaC8wLzM2AAAAAVBQUPmnnoo=.jpg
The Nutcracker (10G)
Score 25 groin shots, or see another Hero do so.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/BW/Zo/1zc8P2NhbC9DCRt0GltTVkYxL2FjaC8wLzM3AAAAAVBQUPhHZhk=.jpg
The Paramour (10G)
Make love 25 times, or see another Hero do so.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/C3/JP/1Dc8P2NhbC9MCRt0GltTVkYxL2FjaC8wLzM4AAAAAVBQUPtgchc=.jpg
The Concierge (30G)
Open all the Demon Doors in Albion, or see another Hero do so.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/mI/qv/1Tc8P2NhbC9NCRt0GltTVkYxL2FjaC8wLzM5AAAAAVBQUPqAioQ=.jpg
The Visionary (50G)
Take a look into the future, or see another Hero do so.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/WW/cR/1jc8P2NhbC81CRt0GltTVkYxL2FjaC8wLzNBAAAAAVBQUPk+Z0U=.jpg
The Con Artist (25G)
Find all 10 of Murgo's statuettes, or see another Hero do so.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/7G/4w/1Dc8P2NhbC82CRt0GltTVkYxL2FjaC8wLzNCAAAAAVBQUPsfbvA=.jpg
The Howler (10G)
Scare five people while dressed as a balverine, or see another Hero do so.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/f5/bQ/1Tc8P2NhbC83CRt0GltTVkYxL2FjaC8wLzNDAAAAAVBQUPr-lmM=.jpg
The Ghastly Jester (10G)
Make five people laugh while dressed as a hobbe, or see another Hero do so.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/hn/1y/0Dc8P2NhbC8wCRt0GltTVkYxL2FjaC8wLzNEAAAAAVBQUP9dfZo=.jpg
The Repugnant (10G)
Disgust five people while dressed as a hollow man, or see another Hero do so.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/FY/WS/0Tc8P2NhbC8xCRt0GltTVkYxL2FjaC8wLzNFAAAAAVBQUP69hQk=.jpg
The Gladiator (30G)
Score a total high score of 20,000 points or more in the Colosseum, or see another Hero do so.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/oI/yz/0zc8P2NhbC8yCRt0GltTVkYxL2FjaC8wLzNGAAAAAVBQUPycjLw=.jpg
The Multiplicator (20G)
Achieve a multiplier of 10 or more in the Colosseum, or see another Hero do so.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/7B/Vh/0Dc8P2NhbC9EDht0GltTVkYxL2FjaC8wLzQwAAAAAVBQUP9OFfA=.jpg
The Combatant (20G)
Defeat the necromancer in the Colosseum, or see another Hero do so.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/f+/2B/0Tc8P2NhbC9FDht0GltTVkYxL2FjaC8wLzQxAAAAAVBQUP6u7WM=.jpg
The Fowl Player (10G)
Dress as a chicken and kick five chickens during the Colosseum battles, or see another Hero do so.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/yu/Sg/0zc8P2NhbC9GDht0GltTVkYxL2FjaC8wLzQyAAAAAVBQUPyP5NY=.jpg
The Colourist (15G)
Collect the dyes hidden in Murgo's magical items, or see another Hero do so.

Drakul
04-29-2009, 10:50 AM
US, April 28, 2009 - Want more Fable II? Well, the second round of DLC, called See the Future, is on its way, and we've got some additional details. Lionhead writer Mark Hill took the time to answer a few of our questions about exactly what's being included in this update, how it will tie into content already available, new lands and new breeds of dog, and how it differs from the first add-on, Knothole Island.

The following exchange was conducted via email. See the Future is scheduled to be released in May for a price of 560 Microsoft Points.

IGN: I guess the most obvious question is: Why is this DLC called "See the Future"?

Mark Hill: It has been prophesised that the Hero who can complete all the quests available in the second "Fable II" Game Add-on will be granted a vision of the future. We don't believe in subtle titles. We do believe in subtitles though.

IGN: How does "See the Future" differ from "Knothole Island"?

Mark Hill: This time around we wanted to make more of a drama piece and provide some answers regarding certain aspects of the "Fable II" story.

http://xboxlivemedia.ign.com/xboxlive/image/article/977/977423/fable-ii-see-the-future-qa-20090428003544309-000.jpg
More dog breeds in See the Future.

IGN: What's Theresa's role in the new DLC?

Mark Hill: As usual, Theresa is there to provide guidance and answers and be very, very serious. I was going to make some dreadful pun on her being a seer and serious, but I think I used up the dreadful pun quota on the first question.

IGN: Will we see the return of any other characters we met previously in "Fable II"?

Mark Hill: Yes, Murgo the Trader, whom you will have first encountered in the childhood sequence of "Fable II," makes a return, peddling his usual mix of stupid trinkets and powerful magical items.

IGN: We know about a few of the new quests, but what is the main storyline for this new DLC?

Mark Hill: The title may give that one away. It's all about the future. Not the kind with hover cars, programmable memories and holographic sex, but what tomorrow holds for Albion and its Heroes.

http://xboxlivemedia.ign.com/xboxlive/image/article/977/977423/fable-ii-see-the-future-qa-20090428003532153-000.jpg
Another dog.

IGN: Peter Molyneux told us at GDC that "See the Future" would "tie up a few loose ends" from "Fable II." Without revealing how these loose ends are tied up, can you give us a hint at least as to what outstanding questions will be answered?

Mark Hill: Everyone has been dying to know what happened to that fourth villager walking on the second backstreet of Bowerstone Market. Dave, I think his name was. All will be revealed! Also, we may find out a bit more about Theresa and what drives her.

IGN: What are the new gameplay mechanics being added and how significant will they be to the overall experience?

Mark Hill: There are a few new gameplay elements that were spawned from our existing system. Wearing creature costumes and tricking real monsters into doing your bidding is key to completing quests in this Game Add-on.

IGN: What are some of the new breeds for dogs and does that affect your dog in any way other than visually?

Mark Hill: Choosing your dog breed is very much an aesthetic decision. We don't want to change the personality of the players' dogs though. Well, they may become slightly better fighters as a result of the change. It's a hormonal thing. As for the new breeds, who wouldn't want a husky or a... hey, look, someone's behind you!

IGN: Do NPCs have different reactions depending on the breed of your dog?
Mark Hill: Not this time around. They're too stupid to notice.

IGN: "Knothole Island" gave us, well, a new island. Are we getting to see new lands in "See the Future" as well?

Mark Hill: You will definitely get to explore new regions. Some of them very different to anything you'll have seen before.

IGN: What makes the Coliseum different from the Crucible?

Mark Hill: It's chaotic, intense, and unpredictable, suited for co-op and loaded with combat multiplier features.

IGN: What are some of the new enemies we can expect to encounter?

Mark Hill: There are a few surprises. I'd say watch out for the Necromancer in particular, but that would ruin the surprise.

IGN: What's the new expression being made available, how do you earn it, and what's it use?

Mark Hill: The Hat, Moustache and Headband is an expression that is dear to the dev team. It's an homage to part of our development time on "Fable." It's basically a little game similar to rock/paper/scissors, but with radical and fun new items replacing those tired old ones.

http://xboxlivemedia.ign.com/xboxlive/image/article/977/977423/fable-ii-see-the-future-qa-20090428003524919-000.jpg
And yet another dog.

IGN: Are there any new weapons or items you can talk about?

Mark Hill: Well, aside from quite a few interesting and unusual costumes, hairstyles, makeups, dog potions and an incredibly powerful weapon, no, not really.

IGN: Are there new Achievements attached with "See the Future" and if so, can you tell us what they are?

Mark Hill: There are 13 Achievements worth 250 Gamerscore in this Game Add-on. 10 of those need "See the Future"-specific levels and assets to complete them, and three can be accomplished in the main game.

IGN: Are there any other upgrades or gameplay changes that we haven't covered?

Mark Hill: No spoilers please...

IGN: Molyneux has said that "See the Future" gives "a little bit more of a clue about the future of the 'Fable' story" and that Lionhead's "not finished with Fable II yet." Can you give a hint at what the future might hold or at least the significance "See the Future" plays in the next piece of content and/or game?

Mark Hill: The Game Add-on will tell you about the future. If we were to tell you what the Game Add-on tells you about the future, we'd be telling the future about the future, thereby creating a rift in the time-continuum, or something.

IGN: Thanks for your time.

Taken from: http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/977/977423p1.html

I was expecting more than just 3 new breeds. I wonder what the powerful weapon is. Did Knothole Island give us new weapons at all?

Drakul
04-30-2009, 08:40 PM
"See the Future" of "Fable II" Exclusively Through Xbox LIVE Marketplace on May 12

Episode nine of Lionhead Studios’ video diary series goes behind-the-scenes of the much anticipated second Game Add-on

Enter Lionhead Studios’ world of whimsy to catch a glimpse of the new adventures that await the heroes of "Fable II" in the much anticipated second Game Add-on, "See the Future," which will be available May 12 on Xbox LIVE. In this latest behind-the-scenes diary episode, the team chats about the continued storyline, wacky characters and design choices for "See the Future," including the creation of 250 fun Achievement points and a trip down memory lane to the original "Fable."

"See the Future" returns to the beloved world of Albion, where a set of cursed items from Murgo the Trader unleashes new challenges for players to overcome, including encounters with kooky ghost hobbes, bloodcurdling necromancers, a cursed knight and the Coliseum, where only the greatest heroes will emerge victorious to claim the ultimate prize. Of course, what would travel be without a trusty companion? The "Fable II" dog returns with three alter egos to guide players on their quests to see the future, in the form of a Dalmatian, Bloodhound or Husky.

In addition to fantastical new quests, creatures, characters, events and legendary artifacts, "See the Future" also offers free unique items* to all, including a unique soldier helmet, braided ponytail hairstyle, psycho Jester make-up, a new hero expression, the back flip trick for canine companions, and a collectible Murgo the Trader gold statue.

As an added bonus, all Xbox LIVE Silver account members are invited to join in on the adventurous LIVE co-op festivities during the Multiplayer Unlocked Weekend for free! Created specifically for "Fable II" fans, this Multiplayer Unlocked Weekend will be accessible in all LIVE-enabled regions where "Fable II" is available, starting May 8 at 12:01 p.m. EST, and concluding on May 11 at 11:59 a.m. EST.

The "Fable II" Game Add-on, "See the Future," will be available for download exclusively on Xbox LIVE Marketplace on May 12 for 560 MS Points for the premium content package. "Fable II" is available exclusively on Xbox 360 and is rated "M" for Mature by the ESRB and PEGI 16+. To learn more about "See the Future," including access to this developer diary and new screenshots, head over to http://www.lionhead.com/Diaries/Default.aspx or http://www.lionhead.com/Fable2/SeetheFuture.aspx.

*The free content update must be manually downloaded from Xbox LIVE and will enable those who haven’t purchased the "See the Future" premium content to continue the co-op action with their friends.

May 12th. Not long to wait then.
For those not watching the Lionhead Diaries, the latest one about See The Future has two curious bits at the end of it. I don't want to spoil it so...
We see a very brief shot of the Hero dressed as a king. He wears a crown and a red cape. This might be the reward for finishing The Coliseum or perhaps one of the things we see as we look into the future? Another shot shows Theresa standing by a babies cot. This could be the other possible future we see or maybe something else.
If you do watch the latest diary, I'm going to have to warn you that it shows you a new area that comes with the DLC. Incase you want to avoid a spoiler like that.

Drakul
05-12-2009, 04:01 AM
The "See The Future" DLC is up. Downloading it now.

Funky Fly
05-12-2009, 07:22 PM
The "See The Future" DLC is up. Downloading it now.

Was just about to post this.

Funky Fly
05-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Any of you bastids have all the hero dolls? Or a chicken suit? Or need help getting the multiplayer achievements? Or killing the necromancer in the coliseum?Hit me up on live. Busted Funk.

Also, Any more DLC planned? I've go 61/66 achievements and am rapidly running out of things to do in the game.

Drakul
05-16-2009, 12:40 AM
Any of you bastids have all the hero dolls? Or a chicken suit? Or need help getting the multiplayer achievements? Or killing the necromancer in the coliseum?Hit me up on live. Busted Funk.

Also, Any more DLC planned? I've go 61/66 achievements and am rapidly running out of things to do in the game.

I only have 3 dolls. Hammer, Hero & Theresa but I have an extra Theresa and extra Hero dolls so if you want that, I could use a Garth, Lucien or Reaver doll if you have one. I have extra chicken suits to. You can unlock a chicken suit by playing the flash games on fable2.com and they get sent to the chest in that place Theresa always hangs out, I forget the name.
Or I can just give you it since I can buy them dirt cheap in Oakfeild.

Nothings been confirmed about new DLC but Peter Molyenuex has heavily hinted at it. So heavily he may as well have confirmed it.

At the end of this video
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Aer2m6c4bNk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Aer2m6c4bNk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The only thing I'm having trouble with is getting 1985 points in the Collosium. I've gotten all the new dyes and I need one last dye to get the acheivment and to get that dye I need 1985 points.

Funky Fly
05-16-2009, 12:47 AM
Oh, right. I forgot that I got Hammer and Theresa in the Knothole Island DLC. Guess I need Garth, Lucien and Reaver. Also, If you've got the first 2 Teddies, try going to the coliseum, and then selecting save and quit in the menu without ever entering the circle. Then go back into your record. Some people have managed to take advantage of a glitch that way.

I could defo use the chicken suit. They don't seem to ever sell the damn things in my copy. Even in Bowerstone, where the economy is sky high. Anything you want in exchange?

Drakul
05-16-2009, 01:17 AM
You got the dolls in the Knothole Island DLC? I got mine in See the Future. Theresa doll is outside the shadow court in the snowglobe and I forget where I got Hammer.
I don't need anything other than the dolls and that one dye. I'll work on getting the dye myself, though.
I have pretty much everything in the game, usually multiples of it. Weapons, books, clothes, dyes etc.

Funky Fly
05-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Oh, yeah, that's probably it. I knew they were from one of the titles. I'm guessing then that anyone who has a different original doll probably has the other 2 dolls as well, since we have the same 3.

Speak up, you mother fuckers. I need to collect some dolls.

Drakul
05-16-2009, 01:22 AM
You get a doll at the westcliff shooting range. That's where I got my 2nd Theresa doll.

Funky Fly
05-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Only have 4 achievements to go, 2 of which are for endings.

Drakul
05-16-2009, 01:40 AM
I only have to get the Doll one and the Dye one.

What the hell? I just got 1985 and I didn't get anything. I already have the other two bears.

Funky Fly
05-16-2009, 01:45 AM
That 1985 one is a pain. So is the Duelist. So annoying.

Drakul
05-16-2009, 01:52 AM
The Duelist is easy. For ages I thought it had to be done during a fight but I unlocked it while messing around outside the Sinkhole. Even if there is no enemies about, just keep pressing X at the right times to get the blue streak and after a few, you get the achievement.

Funky Fly
05-16-2009, 02:43 AM
Took me like 15 straight minutes because I'd always miss the last one.

Drakul
05-17-2009, 11:05 AM
I got the 1985 thing and I got nothing. I heard it doesnt have to be 1985 but it has to have a 1,9,8 & 5 in that order. So even though I got 19485, I should have gotten it.

I hope this isn't some horrible glitch that's going to stop be getting all the achievement.

I know practically no one reads this thread anymore except me, Funky Fly and possibley Kalyx but if anyone has a Lucien, Reaver or Garth doll, I'll happily trade it for anything you want. Gold, dyes, books, clothes, I have pretty much everything in the game, usually in multiples.

Funky Fly
05-17-2009, 11:53 PM
I got the 1985 thing and I got nothing. I heard it doesnt have to be 1985 but it has to have a 1,9,8 & 5 in that order. So even though I got 19485, I should have gotten it.

I hope this isn't some horrible glitch that's going to stop be getting all the achievement.

I know practically no one reads this thread anymore except me, Funky Fly and possibley Kalyx but if anyone has a Lucien, Reaver or Garth doll, I'll happily trade it for anything you want. Gold, dyes, books, clothes, I have pretty much everything in the game, usually in multiples.

Ditto for the doll thing. If you fuggas have Reaver, Lucien or Garth, We should all get together and give them to each other to complete the set and finish the achievements.

Drakul
07-01-2009, 04:07 AM
Fable III "Confirmations" Come From The Darndest Places

Is Lionhead working on Fable III? In some capacity, almost definitely. Considering the success of Fable II, not developing a third game in the series would be throwing money away. But we didn't expect this kind of Fable III "confirmation."

So who's mentioning Fable III now? The New York Times, which is typically not wrong about much. More specifically, the Times "Weddings/Celebrations" section is talking about the next Fable game. Yes, Fable III is being mentioned alongside the announcement of Lionhead designer Joshua Atkins' weekend wedding. PR is so weird!

This nuptial news source isn't the first time Fable III has been rumored to be underway, as British TV personality Jonathon Ross indicated his voice over involvement in the third chapter. Peter Molyneux has hinted at what's to come in future Fable games, citing the "See The Future" expansion as "a flavor at what's going to be happening" in the next episode.

Again, no real confirmation that Fable III exists—for that, we're checking in with Microsoft. But if it did, would anyone be surprised?

Let's just pray that development on future Fable games does even less relationship harm in the future. And congratulations to Mr. Atkins.

Amy Gilbert, Joshua Atkins (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/fashion/weddings/28GILBERT.html?_r=1) [NY Times - thanks, Louis!]

Source: http://kotaku.com/5304003/fable-iii-confirmations-come-from-the-darndest-places

It's hardly a shock and, considering Lionhead said they would make 5 Fable games, we all knew it was coming.

I'm willing to bet the NY Times meant to say Fable II but accidently added a 3rd I. Does anyone think Fable III will use Natal at all? I'm thinking it'll either not use it at all or it'll use it for the "social" side of the game. Giving thumbs up or asking someone to follow you etc.

Funky Fly
07-01-2009, 08:26 PM
As long as it makes as big a jump as F2 did from the ofriginal Fable I'm all for a third game.