PDA

View Full Version : Ninety-Nine Nights (N3) 2.

Kane Knight
10-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Anyone excited? The first one had most of the right tools to be an epic beat-em-up, but fell short on many aspects. I couldn't be arsed to go back and get everyone to level 9, because a lot of the stages were a chore. I was sold on the game because it was described as being in the same vein as Dynasty Warriors. Big Disappointment there.

UmbrellaCorporation
10-12-2008, 12:55 AM
I'm looking forward to it. I liked the first one, but it wasn't as addicting as Dynasty/Samurai Warriors.

On that note, I'm in love with Warriors Orochi 2 right now. I know it's the same rehashed stuff with a few new things, but still. Love it.

Savio
10-12-2008, 12:58 AM
pics?

Funky Fly
10-12-2008, 03:08 AM
I picked the first one up for $10 a couple of months ago. It's alright, but tbh, I wouldn't pay a dime more for it. Pretty shallow overall.

Kane Knight
10-12-2008, 08:57 AM
I picked the first one up for $10 a couple of months ago. It's alright, but tbh, I wouldn't pay a dime more for it. Pretty shallow overall.

Pretty much gotta agree with that one. Though I paid thirty bucks for it.

Kane Knight
10-12-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I liked the first one, but it wasn't as addicting as Dynasty/Samurai Warriors.

On that note, I'm in love with Warriors Orochi 2 right now. I know it's the same rehashed stuff with a few new things, but still. Love it.

I actually like WO more than DW or SW right now. While WO2 is kind of the same thing as WO, I find it fresh and enjoyable, still. Plus, in the fantasy world, they can actually progress a storyline, as opposed to sticking with historical battles and the like.

Only thing I don't like is not building up Musou when active, but that can be remedied by elements and skills, so it hardly burns me up. Plus, getting all the characters back after Dynasty Wariors Abortio...I mean, 6, was great.

Did you know SW3 has been announced? I've only seen it announced for teh Wii. Hope that's not a sign that it'll be an exclusive. The shitty motion controls on the Wii would make combos ridiculous. I think Zero Punctuation said it best, describing the motion controls of the Wii as being equivalent to the buttons on your controller being remapped randomly every few seconds.