PDA

View Full Version : The first 3 official WWE DVD releases for 2009 are....

mrslackalack
10-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Starrcade 1/13
Legends of Wrestling 1/27
Chris Jericho

I'm excited for Starrcade and Jericho and the Legends of Wrestling sounds very interesting but no info or synopsis is out for it yet.

Kane Knight
10-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Sweet.

Destor
10-14-2008, 11:27 PM
I'd buy a Jericho DVD

Jeritron
10-14-2008, 11:34 PM
I'd buy a Jericho DVD

Do you think I would?

Kane Knight
10-15-2008, 12:22 AM
So how much of the "Legends of Wrestling" set will include Cena? :shifty:

Nah. I'm looking forward to at least the Jericho and Starrcade ones. Might even buy them...

AKin3D
10-15-2008, 12:47 AM
I'd buy a Jericho DVD
:y:

I wonder how much of his ECW and WCW work will be on it? And what WCW stuff they go with?

Lock Jaw
10-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Do you think I would?

Probably not.

Tazz Dan
10-15-2008, 02:10 AM
Jericho :drool:

Ben Rodrigues
10-15-2008, 04:39 AM
They've got to feature his entire run with the Cruiserweight Championship and the events leading up him losing the belt and then the conspiracy victim campaign with "Jo Jo" Dillon.

Juan
10-15-2008, 04:53 AM
I better see Ralphus in Jericho's DVD.

Tazz Dan
10-15-2008, 05:28 AM
And his man of 1001 holds promo :y:

Juan
10-15-2008, 05:58 AM
Hold 1: Armdrag
Hold 2. Armbar
Hold 3: The Moss Covered Three Handled Family grudunzle
Hold 4: Arbmar
Hold 5: The Sasquatchuan Spining Nerve Hold

Tazz Dan
10-15-2008, 06:02 AM
:D

XL
10-15-2008, 09:37 AM

What is this new move I have not heard of?

Theo Dious
10-15-2008, 09:39 AM

What is this new move I have not heard of?

WWE banned it after someone got killed with it in a dark match. And it wasn't even someone in the match, it was a guy in the third row. That's how dangerous it is.

Loose Cannon
10-15-2008, 12:06 PM
They've got to feature his entire run with the Cruiserweight Championship and the events leading up him losing the belt and then the conspiracy victim campaign with "Jo Jo" Dillon.

they'll have 5 minutes on that most likely. you know how these DVD's are.

I have the entire Jericho run on a 4 hour tape I think. I can give you a place you can purchase that compilation DVD for like $6-8 if you want it

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-15-2008, 01:23 PM

I have the entire Jericho run on a 4 hour tape I think. I can give you a place you can purchase that compilation DVD for like $6-8 if you want it

Just a Jericho compilation? Or any?

Ben Rodrigues
10-15-2008, 03:10 PM

Where is this place? As four hours of old school Jericho for $8 is too good to be true.

Loose Cannon
10-15-2008, 03:37 PM
follow your savior...

http://www.coreystapes.com/jericho.html

I mention Corey's site all the time on here.

Now, my tape was a VHS and I purchased it in early 2000 or so. Looks like there is 27 disks now for you to choose from that spans JERICHO's entire career.. Just drop him an e-mail and ask about pricing and whatnot.

he's got a lot more shit on his site. Just browse around.

Loose Cannon
10-15-2008, 03:42 PM
here's all the Comps if you guys get lost in the site.

http://www.coreystapes.com/bestof.html

Fox
10-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Jericho's DVD will probably be one disk of ECW/WCW matches and two disks of WWE matches. Sigh.

Loose Cannon
10-15-2008, 05:26 PM
if that given there might be a documentary part to it

Fox
10-15-2008, 05:37 PM
That would be great since WWE usually does a really good job with their docs.

Ben Rodrigues
10-16-2008, 03:43 AM
follow your savior...

http://www.coreystapes.com/jericho.html

I mention Corey's site all the time on here.

Now, my tape was a VHS and I purchased it in early 2000 or so. Looks like there is 27 disks now for you to choose from that spans JERICHO's entire career.. Just drop him an e-mail and ask about pricing and whatnot.

he's got a lot more shit on his site. Just browse around.

That site is incredible. Full sets on Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, awesomeness.

Theo Dious
10-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Jericho's DVD will probably be one disk of ECW/WCW matches and two disks of WWE matches. Sigh.

Yeah, I don't understand why they wouldn't put emphasis on the point in his career when he was middle-midcard at best. I'm not saying he wasn't brilliant then, and that I wouldn't like to see more of that work, but when you're doing a DVD feature on a multi-time world champion, you don't dwell too long on a period of being stuck in midcard hell grinding gears.

Fox
10-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Two-time champion. "Multi-time" suggests more than two.

I see your point, but I just think its a fault with some of WWE's DVD releases. I understand why they include more WWE branded matches than from the dead promotions, but I just feel that in the past, for other wrestlers, they have disincluded excellent WCW/ECW matches in favor of lesser WWE matches purely for the sake of them being WWE branded matches.

Fox
10-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Of course they are releasing a best of Starrcade DVD, so maybe I should STFU.

DrA
10-16-2008, 06:39 PM

That would make sense since most of his mainstream career was in the WWE.

AKin3D
10-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I don't understand why they wouldn't put emphasis on the point in his career when he was middle-midcard at best. I'm not saying he wasn't brilliant then, and that I wouldn't like to see more of that work, but when you're doing a DVD feature on a multi-time world champion, you don't dwell too long on a period of being stuck in midcard hell grinding gears.

Good point.

I'm just hoping they show the whole promo where he has his break down and snaps. A very imporant/ classic moment.

loopydate
10-17-2008, 02:14 PM

He was only in ECW for six months and WCW for a little shy of three years. He's been in WWE (off and on) for over nine years now. I would definitely hope that there's more WWE stuff than ECW/WCW. Not discounting his early years, but there's just way more to choose from after he left WCW.

Jeritron
10-17-2008, 06:12 PM
They're also not going to include any matches with the murderer, which accounts for a lot of good ones. A shame, but that's the way it is.

I'm sure it will feature one or two matches pre-ECW. His SMW days in The Thrillseekers with Lance Storm.
I think it'd be great if they got something from Japan or Mexico on there, but it's doubtful.

Tb1
10-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Starrcade 1/13
Legends of Wrestling 1/27
Chris Jericho

I'm excited for Starrcade and Jericho and the Legends of Wrestling sounds very interesting but no info or synopsis is out for it yet.

About time they came out with a Jericho set. He hasn't had anything since his hour long "Break the Walls Down" VHS back in 2000.

Jeritron
10-19-2008, 04:21 AM
I need at least one match where the crowd is chanting Corazon De Leon.
It's hard to get any of his matches from Japan or Mexico in any respectable quality, if at all.

I know theres tape of his match in Sumo Hall the night Mick Foley went to a show there on his night off as a fan. It'd be nice to see this on here since it was the match that got Mick Foley to get him hired by Heyman. They both consider it one of his most important matches.
Also, I've never seen it and it supposedly stole the show.