PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of the Lich King

Pages : [1] 2

mitchables
10-21-2008, 09:02 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eMRhnC4-QGQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eMRhnC4-QGQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

November 13. Cannot wait. My friends and I have started a raiding guild in preparation for it. Our old guild made it to 3/9 BT, but there were probably 15 out of the 25 of us who were really holding it up, so a bunch of us bailed out when they released the 3.0 patch and are starting to make preparations to power-level through Northrend and hit Naxx running at 80. Most of us are in T5/T6 gear, so that'll last us through till about level 77 or so (at least it is not a TBC repeat where the 60 epics were made obsolete by the first greens in Outland), so it shouldn't be too unattainable. Then once we've geared sufficiently from 10 man Naxx, we're gonna jump into 25 mans and follow that progression path from there on out. Gonna be so much fun.

Assuage me, TPWW. Show me there are still people here who waste hours and hours and hours in Azeroth :(

mitchables
10-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Didn't even see Narc's thread (http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83885)below.

This thread is better though. It came with video.

Ninti the Mad
10-21-2008, 09:26 AM
I used to play but now it seems like too much work to level up past 60.

Dark-Slicer Diago
10-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Leveling has been easy in the last 4 patchs, even easier with the LK patch. Even though I only have 2 70's, it's because there the only ones I use.

Here are my guys stats(armory hasn't updated pally)
Rogue
http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/5831312ZDjkN.png
Rogue's Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Theshredder)

Pally
http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/5627015esXrH.png(not up to date)
Paladin's Armory(hope it updates soon) (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Itkovian)

jcmoorehead
10-21-2008, 10:55 AM
As mentioned in the other thread I have two characters, a Troll Mage and a Blood Elf Rogue. Mage is at 70 and currently fire spec'd my Rogue is at 17 at the moment and Combat Spec.

So far it's quite fun playing a Rogue although from level 10-15 there seemed to be a hell of a lot of dying involved in it.

Mage:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&n=Scorprax

Rogue:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&n=Sohryu

LoDownM
10-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Meh, patch has ruined the game. PvP is no longer about strats or skill, it's back to the "Who can 2 shot the other person first" crap it was pre-BC. And don't give me the tired excuse "Balanced for 80" anyone who knows how to use youtube has seen its the same in beta at 80 as it is live at 70.

And add on the fact instance servers have been going down more than a hooker on a rich guy, which reduces the game to running around getting zones explored or ganking on Quel'Danas.

Xero
10-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Just rerolled a troll Mage on a Horde PVP server (was alliance PVE, 70 Mage and 70 Druid). Should hit 70 right when Wrath hits so I won't have to grind anything at 70.

V
10-21-2008, 12:48 PM
I spent far too much time on this game in TBC, and don't plan to in wrath

stopped raiding about half a year ago, but yeah.

Full Tier 6 of Prot and DPS for my warrior... illidan's shield, etc. etc... i was the GM / raid leader / main tank.. never again..

im surprised i managed to have a social life and keep my GPA up at the same time =\

it's going to be hard not to play tho, simply because of all the gold i mustered up. I have a bit above 100k g. and no im not a huge farmer, it's just what's left over from raiding mainly.

Gray
10-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Played on the Beta Server for EU for past few months, but because of the shitty lag that the server always has i stopped playing it.

Decided to do a bit of the new Achievements that they brought out recently though.

Protection Warrior = Awesome now, actually feels quite enjoyable.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Arreat

EU are once again slacking with the Armory pages!

V
10-21-2008, 12:52 PM
yeah i read about the talents, i haven't even spec'd my warrior yet after 3.0 cuz im so sick of tanking. i hear it's pretty good now though, i'll have to see

RBM
10-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Prot for warriors is amazing now. It's better for pvp, pve and simple grinding/questing. You take shit for damage and have so many options to handle things, it's amazing.

Ret is of course completely overpowered currently, but the design of the tree in addition to the seals/judgements system and the hand spells is pretty solid, they just have to adjust numbers.

I don't raid or anything, I mainly just pvp and level new characters. Ultimately my goal is a max level of every class. We have exactly enough slots per server to make one of every class, and I have one of everything above level 40 ( 3 70s, a shaman, priest and druid, with a lock and rogue not far behind) and have a name picked out for my death knight come expansion time.

mitchables
10-21-2008, 06:06 PM
I used to play but now it seems like too much work to level up past 60.

They have nerfed the levelling experience so badly. It is a walk in the park. Even the instances have been nerfed - all raid bosses have had like a 30% reduction to their health since 3.0 to help people access end game content before Wrath. Which, on one hand, is nice for people who weren't seeing endgame content, but on the other hand, is really frustrating for those of us who spent months going back and spending entire nights wiping on Archimonde.

mitchables
10-21-2008, 06:08 PM
And add on the fact instance servers have been going down more than a hooker on a rich guy, which reduces the game to running around getting zones explored or ganking on Quel'Danas.

This has been my main complaint post-patch. For the first 3-4 days, there were either no instances, no battlegrounds, or both. It was mind-numbing. And offensive, because it happened over the weekend and basically people lost their entire weekend of viable playtime because of it. What else are we gonna do? Stand in Shatt and /flex?

mitchables
10-21-2008, 06:10 PM
I spent far too much time on this game in TBC, and don't plan to in wrath

You won't have to, really. With 10-man options for every 25-man raid, you could see endgame (sort of) in no time, with a decently skilled 10 man group. If you just wanted to see the raid area and get it over with ASAP, 10 man progression path is probably more up your alley. That's what our old guild is gonna do. But fuck that shit.

Although, dunno how I feel about T7 being aesthetically the same as T3. I know both sets come from Naxx, and it's technically the same stronghold with the same/similar bosses and it stands to reason that it would look the same, but still :(

RP
10-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Let my game card run out a month ago. Probably gunna grab another and finish my priestical off too 70

mitchables
10-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Prot for warriors is amazing now. It's better for pvp, pve and simple grinding/questing. You take shit for damage and have so many options to handle things, it's amazing.

Ret is of course completely overpowered currently, but the design of the tree in addition to the seals/judgements system and the hand spells is pretty solid, they just have to adjust numbers.

I don't raid or anything, I mainly just pvp and level new characters. Ultimately my goal is a max level of every class. We have exactly enough slots per server to make one of every class, and I have one of everything above level 40 ( 3 70s, a shaman, priest and druid, with a lock and rogue not far behind) and have a name picked out for my death knight come expansion time.

They're nerfing (or possibly nerfed last night with shutdown) ret pallies already. Blizz said they never change balance because of cries of "OP!", since then they'd be changing shit every day, but too many non pallies + a large number of pallies were saying that shit was dying way too quick at the hands of a plate-wearer. Squishies stood no chance. The day after the patch I was in WSG and saw a ret pally cut down a druid and a warlock before getting onto a mage, who he also killed before being taken down by like 4 Alliance people. Then in ZA that night, our ret pally topped DPS in a group including two T5/6 mages and a similarly geared Hunter and Rogue. It was fairly ridiculous.

I honestly don't plan on levelling a Death Knight. There is gonna be an absolute spree of those guys. "LFG 10man Naxx - have healer, need 9 DKs". :'(

And personally, I'm loving the patch. ZA in <40 minutes, Kara in an hour and a bit... badgefarm plus. Won't need them come Wrath, so I'm just gonna blow them on things I think will be useful just before it hits. Plus, the changes to the Mage Trees (especially Arcane) are great. In fact, Arcane Barrage has pretty much single handedly made deep Arcane a really viable PvP spec, for the time being at least.

Living Bomb was a huge letdown since they nerfed its knockback. Now it just puts out crappy numbers and takes forever to detonate.

mitchables
10-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Oh, also:

Main - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Banarus (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Banarus)

Alt - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Calypssa

Mmmm Gloves of the Tempest <3

RP
10-21-2008, 06:21 PM
What server do you guys play on? Stormrage here. Anyone intrested in trying to get on the same server?

RP
10-21-2008, 06:22 PM
My rogue is 70 with alot of pvp gear. I've read absolutely nothing about the next expansion other then the Death Knight junk. But i've been told rogues get OP'ed with the new talents.

Gonzo
10-21-2008, 06:36 PM
I have a 67 warrior on Burning Blade but I honestly don't know if I am going to get WotLK. Whats the point really? Its a fucking grind to level and get the gear and then what? You can own people in PvP? I don't really see how that will be satisfying, other than looking back and knowing I put X number of hours into it.

LoDownM
10-21-2008, 06:39 PM
I play on Deathwing US, and no, i'm not leaving it.

mitchables
10-21-2008, 06:51 PM
My rogue is 70 with alot of pvp gear. I've read absolutely nothing about the next expansion other then the Death Knight junk. But i've been told rogues get OP'ed with the new talents.

"Rogue AOE" mean anything to you?

What a bunch of bullshit :p

I'm on Aman'Thul, a server so populated it's affectionately referred to as "Aman'Fail", "Aman'Lag", and any number of other witty "Aman'Blank"icisms that the Trade channel can muster.

Not planning on changing servers unless it's with my (new) guild though, since it's a joint effort of a bunch of my friends and I, and I wouldn't want to server jump without them :(

LoDownM
10-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Who woulda thought, instance servers are still down!

mitchables
10-21-2008, 07:50 PM
That shit's ridiculous. Especially after a shutdown.

Ninti the Mad
10-21-2008, 08:35 PM
What server do you guys play on? Stormrage here. Anyone intrested in trying to get on the same server?

I have a 65 priest on stormrage i stopped using when a long while back.

horde btw

RP
10-22-2008, 07:12 AM
"Rogue AOE" mean anything to you?

What a bunch of bullshit :p

I'm on Aman'Thul, a server so populated it's affectionately referred to as "Aman'Fail", "Aman'Lag", and any number of other witty "Aman'Blank"icisms that the Trade channel can muster.

Not planning on changing servers unless it's with my (new) guild though, since it's a joint effort of a bunch of my friends and I, and I wouldn't want to server jump without them :(

Better then Blade Fury? ( which i dont have cause i'm pvp rogue )

mitchables
10-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Better then Blade Fury? ( which i dont have cause i'm pvp rogue )

Fan of Knives
Instant

<LI style="CLEAR: all; FLOAT: right; MARGIN-LEFT: 4px">5 yd range
50 Energy
Instantly throw both weapons at all targets within 8 yards, causing 100% weapon damage.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Fan_of_Knives

RP
10-22-2008, 08:17 AM
hell that will be nerfed in the first or second patch. they did shit like this with rogues when BC came out and everyone cried and it was nerfed right away.

mitchables
10-22-2008, 08:34 AM
I hope not, coz the other classes get equally cool shit. Mages get Mirror Image at level 80, which creates 3 copies of the Mage that chain cast Frostbolts at your target. Hell yeah.

Gonzo
10-22-2008, 09:23 AM
I grinded Outlands over the weekend and got like 6 levels in 2 days. I remember before this patch that if most horde got the jump on me while I was fighting mobs I was done. Not anymore. The way they respecced the Fury tree for warriors is badass. If I get a hold of most toons they are done, especially clothies. Paladins are still a bitch though.

mitchables
10-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Dual wielding two handers ftw?

Gonzo
10-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Yeah and I have shitty green ones. I was 66 and a 70 horde Lock started laying DoT spells on me when I was taking on 2 mobs. I turned, intercepted, hit him with bloodthirst, hamstring, he feared, I used heroic fury, intercepted again and toasted him with a critical.

mitchables
10-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Wow how badly geared was that Lock? Not that I mean any offense by it or anything, but I mean, there's a massive disparity in terms of gear thats available at level 70, so he must have either been terrible or in mostly greens and blues to be killed by a 67 :$

El Fangel
10-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Cant wait, new patch screwed with my usual way of fighting

My main is a Crit Spec Warrior.

mitchables
10-22-2008, 09:01 PM
There's a Warrior crit spec?

94 SVT Cobra
10-22-2008, 09:19 PM
November 13. Cannot wait. My friends and I have started a raiding guild in preparation for it. Our old guild made it to 3/9 BT, but there were probably 15 out of the 25 of us who were really holding it up, so a bunch of us bailed out when they released the 3.0 patch and are starting to make preparations to power-level through Northrend and hit Naxx running at 80. Most of us are in T5/T6 gear, so that'll last us through till about level 77 or so (at least it is not a TBC repeat where the 60 epics were made obsolete by the first greens in Outland), so it shouldn't be too unattainable. Then once we've geared sufficiently from 10 man Naxx, we're gonna jump into 25 mans and follow that progression path from there on out. Gonna be so much fun.

Assuage me, TPWW. Show me there are still people here who waste hours and hours and hours in Azeroth :(

this is like listening to a 10 year old tell me how cool disney charcters are like hannah montana...dude i dont mean to disrespect but, this made me laugh SO hard envisioning you saying all this in person at like 100MPH out of your mouth.

LoDownM
10-22-2008, 09:40 PM
http://www.mmo-champion.com/

The Pre-Wotlk World event is pretty fun. To bad there's tons of idiots that have to ruin it for everyone and kill you when you become a Ghoul.

Nark Order
10-22-2008, 09:56 PM
70 shaman
70 pally
62 priest that I'm waiting to level with my friend who's rolling DK

Nark Order
10-22-2008, 10:00 PM
I ave to say, as a resto shaman... Riptide is pretty badass. I'm pretty glad tey decided to give us that rather than spirit link or whatever. Don't get me wrong, Shamans are still a joke but def a good start to recovery.

I don't even like to play my ret pally much cause it's just too retardely OP and easy.

Excited about getting my priest up though after wotlk comes out. Shadow is a really awesome spec now. Mana efficiency is tits.

Funky Fly
10-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Whatever man, I'll stick to my Diablo 2 because I am a huge nerd.

El Fangel
10-22-2008, 10:46 PM
There's a Warrior crit spec?

Term for Warriors who go mostly Fury spec to get all the bonuses to Crit chance, and who use items which give +agi and +str along with + Critical Strike Rating

Gonzo
10-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah I can hit 30% critical strike chance when all my buffs activate. Essentially becomes a rogue in plate mail for those 10-15 seconds.

mitchables
10-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Ah. Right on.

Our MT is Fury at the moment, since we aren't currently raiding that much with the expansion looming and people trying to save gold and all that stuff. He is loving it. Says its the most fun he's had with his Warrior specced that way for ages (but he still prefers tanking, go figure).

Gonzo
10-22-2008, 11:55 PM
I hate tanking. I will do it but I hate it. Its sad though. I can tank with a fury specced warrior better than some prot warriors can. At least from what I've seen. I usually do instances as dps.

El Fangel
10-23-2008, 12:16 AM
I think I have had my crit chance at 36% before, honestly totally agree with you Gonzo, I usually end up tanking when I say I wont, because I keep drawing aggro when the dumb bastard they got tanking cant hold the monster at all.

mitchables
10-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Yeah but they've fixed threat now. And boy have they fixed it. Even without Salv, I still can't catch up to our tanks - not even our prot Pally, who I used to jostle with on the aggro table quite frequently, since I am OP DPS.

Nark Order
10-23-2008, 02:19 AM
I need to roll a stright DPS class tbh. I have my sham, pally, and priest that can spec damage but I'm thinking about rolling rogue, hunter, or war. Might as well wait for DK though I suppose. Dk is looking pretty sexy from what I've seen. Going unholy for sure.

mitchables
10-23-2008, 05:06 AM
I love my Shammy. Changes to the resto tree are badass, as you said. Earthliving too, so nice to have another HoT.

Gray
10-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Love the new event they brought out yesterday with the Scouge-Zombies.

Me and a guildmate attacked Brackenwall Village on our Horde Characters, before moving onto Theramore. 2 hours of full on awesomeness. Zombies are a bit too squishy though with no real damage attacks.

A lot of the guilds on my server prior to 3.0 being released ended up disbanding, because of lack of attendence from all sides. Was a shame to see well-established guilds who say they where there for 2-3years just withering away.

Would have liked to go to Sunwell, even now with the nerf. I visited it once or twice but no real progress was made, but again, because of the influx of guilds losing attendence [same with my own] raiding has been impossible.

Regarding Retardins, i did duel one a few days ago who's gear was only <Karazhan'ish, while i was in 4x Tier6 and he pretty much 3-4 shotted me. I thought it was somewhat hilarious.

Finally im trying to figure out what rotation i want to stickby for tanking. I got the Revenge and Devastate Glyph's, so ive been toying around with what to use, same goes for my other alts though, hardly played them since the new patch come out.

LoDownM
10-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Regarding Retardins, i did duel one a few days ago who's gear was only<karazhan'ish, while="" in="" 4x="" tier6="" and="" he="" pretty="" much="" 3-4="" shotted="" me.="" i="" thought="" it="" was="" somewhat="" hilarious.="">

That describes 99.9% of them.

</karazhan'ish,>

El Fangel
10-23-2008, 09:09 PM
I started playing a shammy the other night, mad fun, think im going to play an elemental.

Also, everyone post your servers

Dragonmaw and Blackhand for me

Nark Order
10-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Laughing Skull

LoDownM
10-24-2008, 03:45 PM
I play on Deathwing US, and no, i'm not leaving it.

mitchables
10-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Aman'Fail :heart:

Also, the zombie event sucks. Especially when it hit Shattrath. UGH.

El Fangel
10-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Aman'Fail :heart:

The zombie event sucks. In general.

I was inside the War Room in Orgrimmar, and since I was a zombie the door was locked, and only I could open it from the inside, mad mad funny watching the people yell at me as I sat there :)

V
10-25-2008, 07:47 AM
I'd rather not post my armory, but if anyone is interested

Tank Gear:
Helmet - Faceplate of the Impenetrable
Neck - Pendent of Titans
Shoulders, Chest, Bracers, Legs - all T6
Cloak - Pepe's Shroud of Pacification
Weapon - The Brutalizer (and thunderfury >.>)
Shield - Bulward of Azzinoth
Weapon - Rifle of the Stoic Guardian
Gloves - Gauntlets of Enforcment (also have T6, but these are better)
Belt - Girdle of the Fearless (I fucking passed the T6 the few times we killed brut)
Boots - Myrmidon's treads
Rings - Band of the Eternal Defender and Band of The Abysall Lord
Trinkets - Commendation of Kael'thas and Shadowmoon Insignia

DPS gear is just as good, and for pvp i've got 4/5 Brutal Glad, with season 3 mace...fuck getting the shoulders >.>

im sorry, i like to brag, a tleast while this gear still means something ><

I got the horsemens' mount finally yesterday, it's so bad ass.

SS or it didnt happen...

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/8864/hhmountwm0.jpg

and i know, orc tank = fail

El Fangel
10-25-2008, 10:54 AM
I'd rather not post my armory, but if anyone is interested

Tank Gear:
Helmet - Faceplate of the Impenetrable
Neck - Pendent of Titans
Shoulders, Chest, Bracers, Legs - all T6
Cloak - Pepe's Shroud of Pacification
Weapon - The Brutalizer (and thunderfury >.>)
Shield - Bulward of Azzinoth
Weapon - Rifle of the Stoic Guardian
Gloves - Gauntlets of Enforcment (also have T6, but these are better)
Belt - Girdle of the Fearless (I fucking passed the T6 the few times we killed brut)
Boots - Myrmidon's treads
Rings - Band of the Eternal Defender and Band of The Abysall Lord
Trinkets - Commendation of Kael'thas and Shadowmoon Insignia

DPS gear is just as good, and for pvp i've got 4/5 Brutal Glad, with season 3 mace...fuck getting the shoulders >.>

im sorry, i like to brag, a tleast while this gear still means something ><

I got the horsemens' mount finally yesterday, it's so bad ass.

SS or it didnt happen...

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/8864/hhmountwm0.jpg

and i know, orc tank = fail

That could be someone elses picture, I demand more proof.

Nark Order
10-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Gotta say, this spell damage change is fuckin me up a little. Been instance leveling my priest as holy and I swear, anything with spell power on it I'm getting rolled against for. Pretty pissed about it to be honest. Things like 'prayer beads' and 'live-giver breaches', I'm like really?? It sucks though because they can actually benefit from it, despite the lack of crit. Caster kind got fucked a bit with it. However, I'd imagine raiding guilds will have some guidelines on caster rolling now. Like MP5 and spirit gear won't be rolled on my mages/locks, ect. Dunno though.

LoDownM
10-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Took blizzard almost 2 weeks to restore my Azure Whelping I lost when the servers came back up and crashed when the patch came out. Got all my other pets and mounts back a week ago...

V
10-25-2008, 12:50 PM
That could be someone elses picture, I demand more proof.

if you're serious... tell me to take a screenshot of him anywhere (that doesn't take a long time to get to) saying anything in /s and i'll do it :p

LoDownM
10-25-2008, 01:30 PM
just link your armory pussy!

I have s2 gear and i'll link mine: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Deathwing&n=Zariane

mitchables
10-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Gotta say, this spell damage change is fuckin me up a little. Been instance leveling my priest as holy and I swear, anything with spell power on it I'm getting rolled against for. Pretty pissed about it to be honest. Things like 'prayer beads' and 'live-giver breaches', I'm like really?? It sucks though because they can actually benefit from it, despite the lack of crit. Caster kind got fucked a bit with it. However, I'd imagine raiding guilds will have some guidelines on caster rolling now. Like MP5 and spirit gear won't be rolled on my mages/locks, ect. Dunno though.

Yeah, we're operating under the premise that anything with + Hit on it is for DPS casters first and foremost, and anything with MP5/spirit on it is for healers, first and foremost.

Once everyone's main specs have what they need, we'll probably allow crossbidding, since it won't matter so much.

But yeah, blatantly healy goods should go to healers. Pretty simple.

RBM
10-26-2008, 12:02 PM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Firetree&n=Ribz

Here's my main. I had stopped playing in June and started playing again with the new patch. Haven't really done anything on him since the beginning of summer, though. I've mainly stuck to leveling my other characters for now.

El Fangel
10-26-2008, 07:51 PM
I was joking Gohan

also, just started doing PvP, got myself a helm, and hopefully some shoulders for when I hit 60

Silent
10-31-2008, 07:16 AM
I didn't know so many of you still played.

I have a Shaman on Destromath and a Paladin on Zul'jin (Horde and Alliance, respectively). I usually spend my time inconveniencing people in BGs -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueS9GHaLwSA

LoDownM
10-31-2008, 12:57 PM
:rant: I hate shamans for that reason only. Can't even count the times i've been blown of towers in AV already.

Ninti the Mad
10-31-2008, 01:42 PM
You fuckers have made me want to play again.

Assholes. :foc:

Guess I will go back to stormrage since thats where I have my 'healer' to easily join a guild and/or group.

mitchables
11-03-2008, 08:28 AM
:rant: I hate shamans for that reason only. Can't even count the times i've been blown of towers in AV already.

Glyph of Slow Fall ftw.

No Light Feathers for me anymore, bitch.

All about the leaps from LM to BS, then from BS to GM over here. Nothing like Slow Falling down to the mine, popping PoM and Arcane Power, blowing an instant Arcane Blast, following it up with an Arcane Barrage and Fire Blast and watching them drop before I hit the ground :D

Also very handy for bypassing Horde defense in AV.

mitchables
11-03-2008, 08:31 AM
But that Shammy knockback is ridiculous. I just watched Silent's vid, how far do some of those guys fly, really O.o

RP
11-03-2008, 08:55 AM
You fuckers have made me want to play again.

Assholes. :foc:

Guess I will go back to stormrage since thats where I have my 'healer' to easily join a guild and/or group.

working on my shadow priest right now there. level 61
Name is Dunta

Whens this expansion come out again?

mitchables
11-03-2008, 08:57 AM
10 days.

LoDownM
11-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Glyph of Slow Fall ftw.

No Light Feathers for me anymore, bitch.

I have it, I'm just so use to being out of feathers I forget to use it. I haven't actually died from knockbacks off a tower/LM/AV Bridge, mid air blink > knockback.

mitchables
11-03-2008, 09:31 PM
I have it, I'm just so use to being out of feathers I forget to use it. I haven't actually died from knockbacks off a tower/LM/AV Bridge, mid air blink > knockback.

Well yeah, it's too short a distance to die from, but the fall damage isn't welcome when there's Hordes amassed at the base of Tower Point and you land in the middle of them with 60% health.

That's when Slow Falling and invis'ing out before you hit the ground also works a treat if the CD is up.

But I'm all about the mid-air Blink. Just gotta time it more than halfway through the fall or you'll cop total fall damage because it blinks you to where you left the platform :(

jcmoorehead
11-11-2008, 03:44 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/jcmoorehead/11-11-08_1828.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/jcmoorehead/11-11-08_1829.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/jcmoorehead/11-11-08_1830.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/jcmoorehead/11-11-08_1831.jpg

Its here, can't play it until Thursday night/Friday but its here at least.

Sepholio
11-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Is there a bundle or something. I might finally give WoW a try.

Xero
11-11-2008, 04:08 PM
There's a bundle with the original game and the first expansion out called the World of Warcraft Battle Chest.

There's also a 14 day(?) trial on the site. It's the full game, just limited (mostly because of gold spammers/sellers).

Nark Order
11-11-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm pretty psyched for it

mitchables
11-11-2008, 09:19 PM
That collector's edition looks fucking awesome. Gotta go to the shops at 10pm Thursday to pay for the rest of my pre-order and then hang around till the midnight launch. Mmhm. Gonna be up late playing some Lich.

Nark Order
11-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Hopefully you can mitch and Blizz won't fuck with us with servers down forever and such.

Gray
11-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Didnt arrive in the post this morning (:'()

Earlier i found out my local games-shop is actually doing a midnight launch, i had absolutely no idea that they where (Since it wasnt listed on the WoW site!)

So, im like "do i REALLY want to go into the middle of the town centre, at midnight, and stand outside a games shop eagerly anticipating getting my hands on this game?" or "do i wait until tomorrow morning, see if the post has arrived, if it hasnt then buy it from the shop instead!"

I really dont know of any other Warcraft players in my town, so it could actually be interested to see some others. Or get beat up by the drunks who are coming out the pubs across the street from it. Gah!

jcmoorehead
11-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Just been playing this for the last hour, there was a massive group of us waiting for one of the first Zeppelins from Orgrimmar to Northrend, was great to see because i've never been a part of something like this in a game before.

Hasn't been much lag as of yet either, although I imagine it'll be a hell of a lot worse tomorrow but so far I like it. Was just my luck that the first quest I did involved fighting giant spiders though, every game I play now seems to involve giant spiders.

mitchables
11-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Could've been worse.

Could've been murlocs.

I gotta wait till midnight ><

mitchables
11-12-2008, 07:02 PM
<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/xfgbWwhmVbM&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Nyhm :love:

mitchables
11-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Definitely not his best video though. He's got a tonne of better ones.

Like this:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TnMRynchdTY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TnMRynchdTY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Except for that ad thing at the start, though. That's kinda bizarre.

But the song is fantastic.

LoDownM
11-12-2008, 07:35 PM
It's a spoof of a Bud Light ad or something.

El Fangel
11-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Only level 61 at the moment and not like I could afford to buy WotLK anyways, so Im content.

Nark Order
11-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Going to the midnight release pretty soon. Really psyched about this.

Nark Order
11-13-2008, 08:34 PM
I am very pleased with this game.

I've begun leveling my DK unholy spec. Blood is pretty enticing but I've wanted to do unholy since I found out about DK. Tauren DK

#BROKEN Hasney
11-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm playing the trial as a human paladin. Please tell me it gets better after the first few levels?

RBM
11-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Well in terms of your character feeling much more powerful and capable of dealing with things, yes. You will get many more spells and abilities and good gear with stats and see some interesting stuff and be able to ride a mount, moving much faster, etc. Pvp can be frustrating, but fun.

However, if you are in the camp with those that can't stand the treadmill feel of the mmo genre, then it's ultimately not going to change from that design, save for a few moments here and there.

LoDownM
11-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Probably getting Wotlk free and 100% legit today. I love the morons my dad works with that I don't know.

Xero
11-14-2008, 04:29 PM
:cool:

jcmoorehead
11-14-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm playing the trial as a human paladin. Please tell me it gets better after the first few levels?

It does, for me I played the trial and didn't really enjoy it at all. Then about a year later I picked up the Battle Chest just because I felt the urge to try it out again and enjoyed it a lot more. A lot of the fun comes in being able to get into groups and run through instances or just do quests as a group.

It also helps if you have friends who play as well. One of the reasons I picked up the Battle Chest was because I knew quite a few people who played the game so I could do quests or get help from them.

mitchables
11-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Motherfucking school kids on holidays and it being the weekend.

It has resulted in shit like this (below) and hour and a half to two hour queues.

Ballsaq.

LoDownM
11-15-2008, 01:24 AM
That's nothing new to me. Deathwing used to have queues to get in every day for 2 months back in the day.

mitchables
11-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Well then LoDownM I say to you, fuck Deathwing for a joke.

El Fangel
11-15-2008, 04:08 AM
Motherfucking Deathknights everywhere in groups of 2-4

Xero
11-15-2008, 11:41 AM
I haven't seen many DKs.

Then again, I've been leveling my Mage and there's only one DK post-70 on my server last I checked.

I'm 72 at the moment. :cool:

Requiem
11-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Someone was at 79 13 hours after the game's release, and then they got banned for using an 'exploit'. They have screenshots of a GM telling them the method they were using was legal and just clever use of game mechanics, and got unbanned and reverted to level 70. Technically they would have been the first 80. 27 hours after release, someone officially hit 80, and not soon after that someone else hit 80.

Absolutely retarded.

LoDownM
11-15-2008, 10:30 PM
And Nilihium and SK Gaming merged, hit 80 and cleared all 25 man content on heroic already.

And you're talking about Athene, who is a complete retard.

El Fangel
11-15-2008, 10:54 PM
There was this newb on my server who was charging 10G a gander as he was the first Death Knight, fucking retard

Also, last night there was a 79 on, likely 80 now.

Retarded that you spend 40 dollars and 30 hours to beat a game again.

El Fangel
11-15-2008, 11:34 PM
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7544/sucksasshc6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/sucksasshc6.jpg/1/w507.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img300/sucksasshc6.jpg/1/)

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/5659/holyshit2kr3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/holyshit2kr3.jpg/1/w1024.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img392/holyshit2kr3.jpg/1/)

El Fangel
11-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Turns out I have a 137 Min wait time :mad:

Oh and the bottom pic is just outside an instance know as Hellfire Citadel Ramparts.

mitchables
11-16-2008, 01:31 AM
514? Cry me a river. I have solidly joined 1900-2000 strong queues since yesterday.

Ridiculous. :n:

Of course they didn't offer Aman'Full as an applicable server for the free transfers, otherwise my whole guild probably would've upped and shifted.

But then, so would most of our server.

mitchables
11-16-2008, 01:39 AM
Hit 72 last night, but have had a split shift today and 'coz of the queues haven't had time to log in. But I'll make up for it starting tomorrow, viva uni break.

Also, from our guild first Nexus run:

http://www.geocities.com/optimitchprime/nexus.jpg

El Fangel
11-16-2008, 01:40 AM
How do you get that crazt panel?

El Fangel
11-16-2008, 01:42 AM
500, 1000, 10000, all depends how fast queue is moving.

mitchables
11-16-2008, 01:45 AM
How do you get that crazt panel?

Which one? The bar at the top?

http://wowui.worldofwar.net/?p=mod&m=1442

Are you familiar with addons and WoW mods and stuff?

El Fangel
11-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Bar at top and that insanely good looking panel of spells and abilitys at bottom. I am familiar, I have Quest Helper (so useful) and Gatherer (very useful)

mitchables
11-16-2008, 02:21 AM
Okay, for my UI, I have the following:

X-Perl Raid/Unit Frames (customisable raid/party/character/target/target's target frames)

Bartender 4 (customisable action bars/key binds/shapes/setups)

Parrot (combat text/damage/heals/loot/cooldowns)

TitanPanel (bar at the top, link in previous post)

Omen (threat meter, less important since the introduction of the in-built threat meter but still a really useful addon)

Gatherer and Quest Helper

-----

And a few other class-specific tricks and treats. I'd really recommend customising your interface as much as possible because a) the standard Blizz interface is awful and b) you'll find things much, much easier. I don't even know how I used to play without them.

Nark Order
11-16-2008, 02:29 AM
Mitch, I am rather disappointed in you for being a member of the alliance.

El Fangel
11-16-2008, 02:33 AM
I think I will get Bartender 4 and Titanpanel if you have links that would be great :)

Nark Order
11-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Dude, FA. Just go to curse.

mitchables
11-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Mitch, I am rather disappointed in you for being a member of the alliance.

Yeah, I know. I am too, kinda. But I have Horde alts. They will just never see 80. What I should do is roll my DK as Horde, and take the easy way to the higher levels of the Horde.

mitchables
11-16-2008, 02:36 AM
I think I will get Bartender 4 and Titanpanel if you have links that would be great :)

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/bartender4.aspx

Your one stop shop.

Except for some add-ons that Curse no longer updates or is affiliated with.

But ohhh welllll

El Fangel
11-16-2008, 02:40 AM
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/bartender4.aspx

Your one stop shop.

Except for some add-ons that Curse no longer updates or is affiliated with.

But ohhh welllll

I use Curse myself, thanks bro.

El Fangel
11-16-2008, 02:41 AM
Oh and I have a profound hatred of Fel Reavers right now.

El Fangel
11-16-2008, 08:40 AM
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/4065/thankyoumitchwk8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/thankyoumitchwk8.jpg/1/w1024.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img293/thankyoumitchwk8.jpg/1/)

I fucking love you Mitch

El Fangel
11-16-2008, 09:14 AM
A little something special for you Mitch :naughty:

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8563/formitchhd8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/formitchhd8.jpg/1/w935.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img362/formitchhd8.jpg/1/)

Nark Order
11-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Label that shit NSFW next time, FA! :mad:

LoDownM
11-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Gah, way to much xp needed to level.

mitchables
11-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Ahahahahaha, no worries dude. I am telling you, you will find the game so much easier now that there are actually buttons where you find them useful. :love:

mitchables
11-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Gah, way to much xp needed to level.

Tell me about it, I stopped about 19 minutes short of dinging last night. I was so over-tired and I'd just killed so many goddamn Onslaught crusaders... :'(

mitchables
11-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Don't forget FA, keybinds are your friend, and the only thing with having all your things on the right side like that is that's the default popup location for bags and tooltips and whatever, which can obscure your abilities and make things really frustrating.

So maybe just check that out and see if it's fucking with you, because if it is, you could probably just mirror the setup you've got now.

Gray
11-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Dragonblight was/is my favorite part of Northrend upto now. Two questlines stand out as being pure brilliance.

First being Battle for Undercity/Horde, really amazing fighting along side the faction bosses.

Second being the Scarlet Onslaught quest, specially the quest "A Fall from Grace" -purely because of the ending to it. Knocked my socks off when i seen it for the first time in beta.

El Fangel
11-17-2008, 01:14 AM
Don't forget FA, keybinds are your friend, and the only thing with having all your things on the right side like that is that's the default popup location for bags and tooltips and whatever, which can obscure your abilities and make things really frustrating.

So maybe just check that out and see if it's fucking with you, because if it is, you could probably just mirror the setup you've got now.

Its working out fine so far, usually only open my bags out of combat/at vendors so I have not had any problems yet, thanks for advice though.

LoDownM
11-17-2008, 02:07 AM
FA is a clicker! haha! :P

Requiem
11-17-2008, 02:26 AM
Yeah, I don't know how people can click their spells and such. When I played WoW way back, I had hotkeys for everything. Even shift+ and alt+. Had hotkeys for target cycling, etc.. could not have stood to play if I had to click everything.

El Fangel
11-17-2008, 02:29 AM
Seriously how do you hotkey everything? I mean yeah you have lots of letters and numbers but alot are already being used. I dont know how to hotkey the spells anyways, any help would result in rep.

V
11-17-2008, 03:27 AM
finally hit 80 tonight, realm first orc

as soon as i hit 80 (im a tank) the etnire server wanted me to tank ironforge's leader (a lot of us already had stormwind/darnassus/exodar's leaders dead at level 70) so thats what we did, got my black war bear.

Requiem
11-17-2008, 03:54 AM
You hotkey the button, not the spell. I liked to keep my instants or most important things right by the wasd keys for quick access. I would rebind a lot of lesser used commands in order to get the most out of my layout. The settings should be somewhere in the menu no matter if you have an add-on or not.

Like, pretty much used the whole left side of my keyboard from this line - 6, t, g, v and over to the left. Anything past that was too far a reach and not useful for being quick. Use a combo of shift+ and alt or ctrl+ and you have all the hotkeys you need. Buffs and the like can be assigned to the keys you're not going to use for quicker access. 7 and over pretty much, or I could just click buffs as they weren't needed as often.

El Fangel
11-17-2008, 04:21 AM
You hotkey the button, not the spell. I liked to keep my instants or most important things right by the wasd keys for quick access. I would rebind a lot of lesser used commands in order to get the most out of my layout. The settings should be somewhere in the menu no matter if you have an add-on or not.

Like, pretty much used the whole left side of my keyboard from this line - 6, t, g, v and over to the left. Anything past that was too far a reach and not useful for being quick. Use a combo of shift+ and alt or ctrl+ and you have all the hotkeys you need. Buffs and the like can be assigned to the keys you're not going to use for quicker access. 7 and over pretty much, or I could just click buffs as they weren't needed as often.

Honestly, that just seems to over complicate things.

Requiem
11-17-2008, 04:43 AM
Maybe, but once you're used to it it is the only way. You can't PvP well if you're clicking. Sorry, it's just not possible. I use my mouse to move and look around.. I will switch between hotkeys or my mouse to target people, and having my instants right by wasd makes it really easy to use them.

You might be able to do dungeons or whatever by clicking, but no way are you PvPing successfully by clicking. Just not possible.

El Fangel
11-17-2008, 04:51 AM
Maybe, but once you're used to it it is the only way. You can't PvP well if you're clicking. Sorry, it's just not possible. I use my mouse to move and look around.. I will switch between hotkeys or my mouse to target people, and having my instants right by wasd makes it really easy to use them.

You might be able to do dungeons or whatever by clicking, but no way are you PvPing successfully by clicking. Just not possible.

Yeah, Im not exceptional at PVP

Requiem
11-17-2008, 05:19 AM
Try hotkeys. It took me a while to get them set up last time I played, but it made things so much better. Just when you do it for the first time, make sure you organize them really well. Don't make your buttons just a clusterfuck.. Actually lay them out in a nice way, and then assign hotkeys the way you would most find them important.

Start slow.. just do the first layer of them.. don't worry about the shift+ or others like that. Get used to using the basic hotkeys you want to set up, and then start adding more layers once you get used to it.

El Fangel
11-17-2008, 06:11 AM
I cant even stand that, I tried. Man its too much trying to remember what does what, I used the number pad, which is nicely laid out, but to loot I have to use mouse. Cant get used to it but thanks.

Requiem
11-17-2008, 07:06 AM
The keys to press should show up on the icons, depending what UI you use. I used bartender, and it had the option of them showing up or not. Was a pretty slick interface add-on.

It's really not that hard to get used to, especially if listing the keys like that. Will tell you S3 or something for shift+3 for example. Mitch's mod did that, I noticed. Assuming you're not changing up the buttons all the time, it's pretty easy to get used to. Seriously, by clicking, you're never gonna have the reaction time needed for PvP, which is IMO the only decent part of the game. It helps for all aspects though. And fuck, my version was simplified. A buddy of mine who played a mage (which is also my class of choice) used literally the entire main part of the keyboard for his hotkeys, and not just the half like I did. Watched him completely shit on some people all the time with that setup.

El Fangel
11-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Switching between the keyboard and mouse to look around/loot is a hassle

I cant get used to attacking using the keyboard.

I know it shows the buttons you have to press, still cant get very used to it.

Requiem
11-17-2008, 07:49 AM
You're not switching between anything. You always should be using the mouse to look around with, and to loot things. Are you saying you use the keyboard only to look around or something?

El Fangel
11-17-2008, 08:03 AM
Using hotkeys (keyboard) and to look around/loot (mouse)

Requiem
11-17-2008, 08:10 AM
You should have your hands on both at all times. I don't even know what you're talking about right now tbh. You should move with a combination of wasd, and the mouse. You know you can run by holding both mouse buttons, right? You use the right mouse button to look around and change directions while moving.. Then you use your hotkeys to use spells or abilities. Pretty straight forward concept. I have never heard of anyone not using a combination of both to move.

El Fangel
11-17-2008, 08:30 AM
I was using left hand to move and right hand for hotkeys thats why, feels weird not having my left on the move key.

LoDownM
11-17-2008, 01:56 PM
What, seriously? That's an awful way to play. I didn't even know it was possible to play with both hands on your keyboard...

El Fangel
11-17-2008, 05:15 PM
What, seriously? That's an awful way to play. I didn't even know it was possible to play with both hands on your keyboard...

Its not, but I cant get used to not having my left hand always on WSAD

Requiem
11-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Its not, but I cant get used to not having my left hand always on WSAD

Like I keep saying, that's where your hand is supposed to be. Left hand on wasd, right hand on your mouse. You use your left hand to reach for hotkeys -around- wasd. Wtf hotkeys is your right hand pressing?

Xero
11-18-2008, 12:44 AM
LOL. I played without hotkeys for maybe a week when I first got the game. I can't see how anyone could get very far without using at least 1-=.

I still click a few things, but they're mainly stuff that I use so little that they're not worth wasting easy to reach keys on.

El Fangel
11-18-2008, 01:53 AM
Like I keep saying, that's where your hand is supposed to be. Left hand on wasd, right hand on your mouse. You use your left hand to reach for hotkeys -around- wasd. Wtf hotkeys is your right hand pressing?

I cant even stand that, I tried. Man its too much trying to remember what does what, I used the number pad, which is nicely laid out, but to loot I have to use mouse. Cant get used to it but thanks.

Requiem
11-18-2008, 02:38 AM
That is terrible. How can you even play like that? That is seriously the worst method I have ever heard. It would be a much bigger pain in the ass to keep switching between the mouse and the numpad to loot, than it would be to just get used to a new method of playing. Jesus, no offense but that is an absolutely terrible method.

El Fangel
11-18-2008, 07:09 AM
That is terrible. How can you even play like that? That is seriously the worst method I have ever heard. It would be a much bigger pain in the ass to keep switching between the mouse and the numpad to loot, than it would be to just get used to a new method of playing. Jesus, no offense but that is an absolutely terrible method.

I never said it worked out good, it had a good flow, but switching to the mouse was horrible. Going to try the regular keyboard later.

mitchables
11-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah man, look at my interface again. You'll see there are hotkeys for shit like shift-R, ctrl-R, ctrl-G, etc... keys that are close to WASD so that I can use as much as possible without removing the function of "r" as a Reply hotkey, or "x" as a sit key, or what have you. I still click abilities I use less frequently (Slow Fall, (d)amp(en) magic, Frost/Fire Wards). But anything I use with a degree of frequency is hotkeyed.

mitchables
11-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Also, about 40% from 76 right now. Shutdown toniiiiiiight.

I do not like Zul'Drak yet. I loved Grizzly Hills, and Dragonblight/Borean Tundra were both sweet as.

Overall this has been way better than BC so far.

El Fangel
11-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Ok, Mitch I have a favor to ask of you.

How about you map out where the buttons I list should be set as hotkeys, Ill rep you for it, I would like your advice as you have been doing this a bit longer then myself.

Abilitys

1) Berserker Rage - I use first to be able to use intercept
2) Intercept - To stun and get to enemy
3) Bloodrage - To gain more rage]
4) Bloodthirst - To gain health back and do lots of damage
5) Sunder Armor - Wll stack to 5, but usually will toss in a Bloodthirst after 3
6) Death Wish - If more then 50% health after they have 5 Sunders
7) Whirlwind - For Dungeons
8) Cleave - For Dungeons
9) Health Potion - For Dungeons or Not wanting to die when I get more mobs added to fight.

Those are in order of importance, again if you could map these for me, I would be very grateful.

Nark Order
11-18-2008, 02:26 PM
lol, I decided to hold off on my death knight and level my priest that was at 63. This is the best idea ever. I'm 68 now just off of instance runs as holy. 4 DKs + Holy priest ftw.

El Fangel
11-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Thank your Narc, your one of the few who thought rationally and knew that Priests would not be plentiful.

Also funny story. Was doing Mana Tombs the other night and the person leading the group through would not stop for a break unless 3/5 people asked him to stop for mana, there was 3 DK's, 1 Warrior (Myself) and a Blood Elve Priest dressed in blue. After we nearly wiped, where I saved ass by using Challenging Shout, My Dodge +200 Trinket and Two Whirlwinds Plus A Votile Healing Pot and Popping Life Blood, I then said.

"Ok, dude you see this gay looking thing dressed in blue? The thing that keeps your ass alive? They can only do that for so long before they have to rest to drink something or use a potion to be able to do it again, I know shocking right, I thought so to at first, so wait a goddamn sec between fights, because I could have just let your ass die instead of barely keeping us alive"

LoDownM
11-18-2008, 02:44 PM
I know I'm not mitch, but I've played/play a warrior, sooo.

1) Berserker Rage - Make Shift Q or R
2) Intercept - 1-5 in Zerker stance
3) Bloodrage - ~/` key. Not to hard to hit imo
4) Bloodthirst - Shift Q or R which ever you didn't make Zerker Rage
5) Sunder Armor - Waste of time/rage unless fighting a War/Pally/DK just put it in Def. Stance bar
6) Death Wish - Shift Z or Shift R
7) Whirlwind - 1-5 in Zerker stance
8) Cleave - See 6
9) Health Potion - Dunno, C, Shift C, Caps, whatever really.

LoDownM
11-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Honestly tho, no matter how many people tell you where you should keybind what, keybind abilities to something thats comfortable to you around WASD.

El Fangel
11-18-2008, 03:17 PM
I know I'm not mitch, but I've played/play a warrior, sooo.

1) Berserker Rage - Make Shift Q or R
2) Intercept - 1-5 in Zerker stance
3) Bloodrage - ~/` key. Not to hard to hit imo
4) Bloodthirst - Shift Q or R which ever you didn't make Zerker Rage
5) Sunder Armor - Waste of time/rage unless fighting a War/Pally/DK just put it in Def. Stance bar
6) Death Wish - Shift Z or Shift R
7) Whirlwind - 1-5 in Zerker stance
8) Cleave - See 6
9) Health Potion - Dunno, C, Shift C, Caps, whatever really.

What do you mean by the following bolded because 1-5 is a bit weird for 2 seperate abilities in same stance, and your asking to have shift + R as two abilities.

:'(

Xero
11-18-2008, 03:21 PM
How about this... Your list is 1-9, bind them to 1-9 or 1-5 and a modifier+1-4.

El Fangel
11-18-2008, 03:29 PM
How about this... Your list is 1-9, bind them to 1-9 or 1-5 and a modifier+1-4.

Not a bad idea.

RBM
11-18-2008, 04:15 PM
MITCH IS AN ARCANE BARRAGE MAGE?! DELETE IMMEDIATELY SIR.

Alliance > Horde. Most horde players I know are gigantic fucking assholes.

LoDownM
11-18-2008, 07:05 PM
What do you mean by the following bolded because 1-5 is a bit weird for 2 seperate abilities in same stance, and your asking to have shift + R as two abilities.

:'(

Each stance has it's own action bar, so you can have stance specific abilities in them. and No I didn't I ment R for the first one, change your whisper reply to T since it's right next to it.

LoDownM
11-18-2008, 07:08 PM

Arcane Barrrage mages are fine. L2Play.

Squid Face mages however, are not.

mitchables
11-19-2008, 01:52 AM

Not anymore.

Frostfire Bolt ftw.

Couldn't get that till 75 though, and Arcane was easily the school that got the most loving in 3.0.

mitchables
11-19-2008, 01:52 AM
Arcane Barrrage mages are fine. L2Play.

Squid Face mages however, are not.

My Gift of the Naaru begs to differ.

mitchables
11-19-2008, 01:53 AM
Also, since LoDownM already offered his suggestions, I'm gonna leave it at that since a) me adding to it would confuse the matter and b) I've never played a warrior in my life, so I don't really know even where to begin, sorry.

Ask me anything about Mages or Shaman, and I can help you out :p

LoDownM
11-19-2008, 03:38 AM
Every Man for Himself > Gift of the Narru

El Fangel
11-19-2008, 04:01 AM
Im going to try mapping it out and using it later, probably should go to a lower level area where I can properly test it out without possibility of death/deathknights

mitchables
11-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Every Man for Himself > Gift of the Narru

Lies. Free heal > free PVP trinket.

Let me put it this way. If I am caught in a sticky PvP situation, I can GoN and Ice Block, giving me 10 out of a possible 15 uninterrupted healing seconds. Being that my GoN ticks for nearly 700 a pop, it can essentially give me back 40-60% health by the time Ice Block finishes (assuming I don't get Mass Dispelled in the process).

That > freedom from movement impairing effects that can be made redundant as soon as you get Crippled, Stunned, Hamstrung, Frost Shocked, Frostbolted, or any other such slowing/snaring effect in the seconds after you've used your Every Man racial and consequently blown your shared cooldowns for any items with similar effects.

RP
11-19-2008, 07:18 AM
I still havent gotten this. Probably wont either.

El Fangel
11-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Execute - Warriors ass saver. You get below 20% when fighting me, your fucked.

Nark Order
11-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Mitch, if you are alliance you know NOTHING about Shaman, you blueberry bastard! :mad:

Xero
11-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Just did The Storm King's Vengeance. Fucking EPIC!

El Fangel
11-19-2008, 12:54 PM
I fucking hate Death Knights

LoDownM
11-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Lies. Free heal > free PVP trinket.

Let me put it this way. If I am caught in a sticky PvP situation, I can GoN and Ice Block, giving me 10 out of a possible 15 uninterrupted healing seconds. Being that my GoN ticks for nearly 700 a pop, it can essentially give me back 40-60% health by the time Ice Block finishes (assuming I don't get Mass Dispelled in the process).

That > freedom from movement impairing effects that can be made redundant as soon as you get Crippled, Stunned, Hamstrung, Frost Shocked, Frostbolted, or any other such slowing/snaring effect in the seconds after you've used your Every Man racial and consequently blown your shared cooldowns for any items with similar effects.

If you're getting GotN off then Iceblocking, people on your server/battlegroup suck.

LoDownM
11-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Just finished the quests leading up to the Battle of Undercity. Fucking amazing quest line.

mitchables
11-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Actually there have been a tonne of amazing quest lines in this.

I'm about 20% off 79 now. Lich > BC in pretty much every fathomable way. The variety in quests is so much nicer, it's not all "go kill 6 of these", "bring me 5 rose petals", etc. The whole dimension of all the mount-based quests (like Storm King's Vengeance) is awesome fun.

Wrath Gate quest line has been my favourite so far, if only for the awesome cutscene at the end.

mitchables
11-20-2008, 10:12 AM
If you're getting GotN off then Iceblocking, people on your server/battlegroup suck.

With haste, my GoN is just under a second cast. Ice Block is instant, as you know.

Not really any more wildly unbelievable than any other ass-saving talent people have.

mitchables
11-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Mitch, if you are alliance you know NOTHING about Shaman, you blueberry bastard! :mad:

Pfffft, please. Alliance have had access to the Shaman class for well over a year now, it's not like we've just got them and are only now coming to terms with how to use them. I am no less adept at my Shammy than a Horde player, much like I don't assume Horde Pallies to be inherently inferior to Alliance ones. It's usually quite the opposite.

El Fangel
11-20-2008, 10:20 AM
I mapped all the hotkeys around WSAD with abilitys. (QERTFGCVZX) I cannot get used to fighting like that, I am actually much slower doing it that way and I have the abilitys I use in PvP in one area, never said I was bad at PvP just I need to learn more.

LoDownM
11-20-2008, 11:30 AM
You'll get used to it.

mitchables
12-16-2008, 06:32 AM
Patch night tonight. That means cast-on-target Slow Fall :D

My guild has cleared 10-man Naxx as of our first week in there. It was awesome fun. Fucking Karazhan can eat a dick.

jcmoorehead
12-16-2008, 09:13 AM
Hit 80 on my Mage the other night and respecced to Frostfire. Waiting for more in my guild to hit 80 and then we can try out Naxx.

I still haven't done any raids within the game at all and would really like to try one out. In the meantime I've been clearing old dungeons just getting the easy achievements for them.

RP
12-16-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm 77 so far. Clearing SH achievment when the patch is done.

mitchables
12-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Hit 80 on my Mage the other night and respecced to Frostfire. Waiting for more in my guild to hit 80 and then we can try out Naxx.

I still haven't done any raids within the game at all and would really like to try one out. In the meantime I've been clearing old dungeons just getting the easy achievements for them.

Frostfire is the shit. I was really enjoying Arcane but once I hit 80 I found it regressed to it's old "mana sink" feel. I was drinking after every skirmish, it was stupid. Frostfire has the mana efficiency of frost with the damage capabilities of Fire's slightly retarded clone. The crit multipliers are where it gets its punch from. Highest I've seen so far was a 12.4k FFB crit, but they average between 7.1-9k in general. So good. Plus, with Combustion and my crit rating (not to mention raid buffs, god I love Moonkin Aura), I am sitting at like a 45-60% chance to crit all the time, which means Hot Streak procs like a motherfucker and the consequent pyro is an easy 4k base damage or a 6-7k crit if things go well.

So yes. In summation, Frostfire is win.

jcmoorehead
12-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Highest crit i've got it about 4.5k but my gear is pretty terrible, generally hit for 1.5k crit for 3.5/4k. That said I do crit a hell of a lot thanks to Combustion and I do of course get Hot Streak a lot.

Nark Order
12-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Tuesdays are such bullshit. Every single week maintenance is expanded by like 2-3 hours.

Nark Order
12-16-2008, 02:00 PM
I haven't been able to play much because of school but now I'm going full speed ahead. I couldn't decide forever wether I wanted to take my shaman or my priest to 80 first (they're both 71), but I think I decided to go shammy. I can't get over the raid utility of shams now. Also, Shaman is looking a bit more arena worthy right now.

mitchables
12-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Highest crit i've got it about 4.5k but my gear is pretty terrible, generally hit for 1.5k crit for 3.5/4k. That said I do crit a hell of a lot thanks to Combustion and I do of course get Hot Streak a lot.

By the time you've finished Heroics (ie even just going into Naxx), you'll be hitting for around 3k (give or take) and critting for more than double it.

mitchables
12-17-2008, 02:35 AM
Also, no patch. Booooo. But PvP gear :heart:

Although, 38k+ honour for blues is bullshit. But at least I can start putting together my PvP set.

El Fangel
12-17-2008, 02:54 AM
I have not played in 2 weeks.

mitchables
12-17-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm starting to remember why being in a raiding guild is awesome fun with a side of giant pain in the ass. Need to do so many Dailies and a whole lot of farming just for supplies, since everything in my server's economy is overpriced right now. And when I'm not raiding or farming I'm in Heroics rep grinding for the stupid faction things that I want/need (JC designs, mostly).

But on the plus side, I got my (non-heroic) T7 robes last night. Fuck yeahhhhh.<TABLE class=iconlist><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TH id=iconlist-icon2 align=right>

</TH><TD>Heroes' Frostfire Robe (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39492) <3 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

El Fangel
12-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Playing My Undead Lock right now, have not logged onto my main in 15 days.

mitchables
12-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah, to be honest, I don't know how you managed to level a Warrior as long as you did. I have never been able to level one, they just seem so... boring... compared to everything else :$

Nark Order
12-17-2008, 08:54 PM
The payoff of rolling a warrior doesn't really come until you go into bg or play arena. Then it's pretty badass.

So far the payoff of my priest and shaman hasn't come yet. lol.

mitchables
12-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Most classes tend to have a delayed payoff though. I didn't really enjoy my Mage until well after level 30, when my spell repertoire began to consist of more than Frostbolt.

El Fangel
12-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah, to be honest, I don't know how you managed to level a Warrior as long as you did. I have never been able to level one, they just seem so... boring... compared to everything else :$

You will never be rejected in a group.

Arms - Decent Tank
Fury - Great DPS if you know what your doing (my spec)
Prot - Amazing tank instant group invites

The payoff of rolling a warrior doesn't really come until you go into bg or play arena. Then it's pretty badass.

So far the payoff of my priest and shaman hasn't come yet. lol.

Cleave and Whirlwind are amazing, at level 60 in AV I got 341 HK in one 45 min game.

Most classes tend to have a delayed payoff though. I didn't really enjoy my Mage until well after level 30, when my spell repertoire began to consist of more than Frostbolt.

I just want my fucking mount!

El Fangel
12-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Oh and Mitch, they are are so insanely boring solo, no fireworks at all and a constant look for health regen

mitchables
12-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Oh and Mitch, they are are so insanely boring solo, no fireworks at all and a constant look for health regen

Yeah, this was my problem with them.

It is sort of the same reason I will never - ever - roll a Human. I am a human in real life, why the fuck would I want to spend the amount of time I do playing WoW just pretending to be a fucking human?

El Fangel
12-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Yeah, this was my problem with them.

It is sort of the same reason I will never - ever - roll a Human. I am a human in real life, why the fuck would I want to spend the amount of time I do playing WoW just pretending to be a fucking human?

If you dont take alchemy/herbalism, your fucked as you rely on bandaids and they dont work well during combat. However lots of armor helps you take a beating, but with low spirit its horrible waiting for your health to come back. I have been considering getting a spirit set to switch into out of combat, I have bag space to do so.

Also on the other part of your post.

FOR THE HORDE!

mitchables
12-17-2008, 10:49 PM
If you dont take alchemy/herbalism, your fucked as you rely on bandaids and they dont work well during combat. However lots of armor helps you take a beating, but with low spirit its horrible waiting for your health to come back. I have been considering getting a spirit set to switch into out of combat, I have bag space to do so.

Also on the other part of your post.

FOR THE HORDE!

Draenei Warriors ftw. I have seen Draenei Warriors with spell damage gems or items to boost their Gift of the Naaru usefulness before it was reworked so it gained benefit from Attack Power as well, negating the need for them to do that. But either way, Draenei make awesome Warriors because of their self-heal.

For the Horde, indeed.

El Fangel
12-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Draenei Warriors ftw. I have seen Draenei Warriors with spell damage gems or items to boost their Gift of the Naaru usefulness before it was reworked so it gained benefit from Attack Power as well, negating the need for them to do that. But either way, Draenei make awesome Warriors because of their self-heal.

For the Horde, indeed.

Taurens get a +5% to Total Health so Prot specced Tauren Warriors = Win

Also if your a fury spec, it helps to have more health, crazily enough my gear has stamina bonuses along with agility, so my stamina is my higest stat.

mitchables
12-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah but I mean, 5% health bonus isn't that amazing. Even at 30k HP (which is the average for entry level Naxx tanks atm), that's only an extra 1500.

1. That's less than a scorch for me. Or a Fire Blast.
2. Gift of the Naaru heals for more than that, so technically that heal more than compensates for the -1500 HP Draeneis have over Taurens. It honestly probably puts them on a fairly even playing field. I am just a fervent defender of the Alliance because they get totally unwarranted hate.

El Fangel
12-17-2008, 11:36 PM
I am not arguing buddy, I am saying it helps alot. GotN is obviously better in tanking as its something you can use in a pinch. I have Lifeblood because I am a herbalist, its a poormans GotN but it has kept me alive in some sticky situations.

mitchables
12-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah, but then, Gift of the Naaru is a poor man's Renew ;) In PvP, it's really useful, because you can generate health back at a decent enough rate. In raids though, it probably wouldn't be that useful, since even mine only ticks for about 840 each pulse, and that's with over 1700 spell power. When you're fighting raid bosses that hit for 5-6k, it won't save you. It might buy you time for a healer to throw off an actual heal, but it won't save you.

El Fangel
12-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Like I said, All you may need sometimes is that extra 2 secs of being alive.

I have pulled it before being lucky with a Bloodthirst and Lifeblood, dipped down to 4 health just after I popped a potion (we over aggroed) so the healer was trying to keep us alive, main tank was going down, so I popped Recklessness, Blood Frenzy (+20% damage) and Challengeing shout then hit whirlwind, thunderstomp and whirlwind again, hit everything for about 5k damage. :)

Nark Order
12-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I really want a warrior but do not want to level one.

El Fangel
12-18-2008, 12:20 AM
If your leveling, go fury. If you want a prot, respec later.

Nark Order
12-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Well, sorry to say. If I want a tank I'll just go DK since I have it at 55 already. lol.

El Fangel
12-18-2008, 12:38 AM
SELL OUT!

LoDownM
12-18-2008, 02:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/caleighgreen/AHAHAHHA.gif

jcmoorehead
12-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Just ran my first Heroic Instance, the Nexus. Not too hard but fun. Keristrasza is incredibly easy though and I wasn't able to get any decent drops from it, I was only able to upgrade my neck from a green to another higher level green.

mitchables
12-19-2008, 12:52 AM
Nexus is one of the easier Heroics, fo sho. Utgarde Keep, Drak'Tharon Keep and Violet Hold are probably the other really easy ones.

Gundrak is fairly easy if you don't get stuck on the first boss, who seems to generate a ludicrous amount of adds if you can't burn him down quick enough.

The Pit was fucked. Took us a few attempts when we were starting out Heroics but then, it was one of the really easy normals so we went in expecting much of the same. Gauntlets on Heroic are not fun. And the last boss has adds that does horrible Poison DoTs, which were a giant pain in the ass.

But overall, all LK instances > BC instances.

mitchables
12-19-2008, 12:53 AM
Also I hate the Oculus.

El Fangel
12-19-2008, 01:02 AM
OMFG

Was at Walmart tonight, mom was picking up a few christmas items and she is like what do you want. So first I look at this mega awesome computer chair, like so fucking relaxing, it was $120 so I said no (too expensive)

I looked at a corner computer desk ($100) still too expensive.

So mom gets mad and goes "You wanted that Wrath of the Licking King didnt you?"

Ill get you that for now and something else later.

I am so happy, getting it in a week, so I have a week to level from 67-70

so fucking pumped.

Also likely will get that computer chair, although I dont want mom to spend that on me

mitchables
12-19-2008, 01:12 AM
LOL Wrath of the Licking King :D

Your mum is awesome.

El Fangel
12-19-2008, 01:25 AM
Yeah, of course I was drinking a coffee when she said it so I sprayed it. Its under their tree right now. Glad they didnt blow alot of money on me.

mitchables
12-19-2008, 01:28 AM
Yeah I felt mad guilty about asking for anything extravagant this year, so I stuck to the realm of DVDs and books.

El Fangel
12-19-2008, 01:29 AM
Getting my warrior to 70, then leveling my Warlock to at least 30, fuck I want that mount. SO TIRED OF RUNNING AT 100% I want 160%

mitchables
12-19-2008, 01:31 AM
Yeah, well be thankful you're not levelling alts in the time of No Mounts Before 40.

Do you know how fucking painful Ashenvale was - TWICE - with no mount? Plus, this was before they put in the Flight Path over the other side of the map from Astranaar, so they were loooooooong runtimes. Easily ten minutes across the zone.

El Fangel
12-19-2008, 01:32 AM
Yeah I felt mad guilty about asking for anything extravagant this year, so I stuck to the realm of DVDs and books.

The last 3 years I have said I didnt want anything.

3 Years ago I got SVR 2006
2 Years ago I got $100
1 Year ago I got a ticket to Ozzy Fucking Osbourne

LoDownM
12-19-2008, 01:37 AM
You don't even have WotlK yet FA? You Suck.

El Fangel
12-19-2008, 01:40 AM
I still dont have a level 70? So why blow $50 on something I didnt need yet fuckwit.

LoDownM
12-19-2008, 01:41 AM
wtf @ Blizzard putting ads on the WoW Forum. I smell even more keyloggers now.

El Fangel
12-19-2008, 01:47 AM
Thats why I dont post on any of them, or use any of them.

Gonzo
12-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Yeah, well be thankful you're not levelling alts in the time of No Mounts Before 40.

Do you know how fucking painful Ashenvale was - TWICE - with no mount? Plus, this was before they put in the Flight Path over the other side of the map from Astranaar, so they were loooooooong runtimes. Easily ten minutes across the zone.

Putting the mount levels @ 30 was easily one of the best things they did.

Nark Order
12-20-2008, 12:39 PM
When the DK patch comes out, my friends and I are going to roll some alliance DKs on another server. All you allies, what servers you on?

El Fangel
12-21-2008, 03:31 AM
When the DK patch comes out, my friends and I are going to roll some alliance DKs on another server. All you allies, what servers you on?

Talrune - 67 Tauren Warrior/Fury Specced - Dragonmaw
Theorin - 25 Undead Warlock/Affliction Specced - Dragonmaw
Rozruk - 9 Orc Shaman/Unspecced - Dragonmaw

Nark Order
12-21-2008, 02:09 PM
I was talking about Alliance, icebox. But If we decide to go horde we might hit up dragonmaw. :)

Gonzo
12-21-2008, 02:25 PM
going to get back into this for the winter break. $15 is a lot cheaper than the money I will spend excessively drinking.

LoDownM
12-21-2008, 02:45 PM
You know, I see some of you saying how mounts at 30 was the thing they ever did. It makes me wonder how many of you played pre-patch 2.0/TBC when mounts cost 90g to get at 40, 900g at 60, and there was no daily quests, and every mob didn't drop vendor trash every time you killed one.

Gonzo
12-21-2008, 02:58 PM
I bought this game when it first came out. It was torture.

LoDownM
12-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Same here. I miss the old SS/TM World PvP. So much fun. WRU World PVP?

El Fangel
12-21-2008, 10:15 PM
I was talking about Alliance, icebox. But If we decide to go horde we might hit up dragonmaw. :)

Well Narc, I only have 3 words for ya.

FOR THE HORDE!

Xero
12-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Fuck the Horde.

LoDownM
12-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Thrall's a pussy.

El Fangel
12-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Fuck the Kliq.

El Fangel
12-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Thrall's a pussy.

You bitches are ruled by a 10 year old, whats that say about a pussy.

Xero
12-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Wrong. The King returned just before LK launched. :roll:

LoDownM
12-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Way to not keep up on things FA.

Nark Order
12-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Icebox, I play horde for fuck's sake. I just want to roll ally DKs. Pay attention, swine.

mitchables
12-22-2008, 07:46 PM
You bitches are ruled by a 10 year old, whats that say about a pussy.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/thumb/2/22/Varian_in_Stormwind.jpg/600px-Varian_in_Stormwind.jpg (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/2/22/Varian_in_Stormwind.jpg)

Varian Wrynn and his giant swords beg to differ.

mitchables
12-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Shamelessly hotlinked for your convenience.

LoDownM
12-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Quel'sarrar's*

mitchables
12-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Well, if you want to be all lore nerd about it, sure. Otherwise, giant swords is also acceptable :p

El Fangel
12-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah and like I would know that, never sitting my foot in Stormwind

LoDownM
12-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Because that's the only way to find things out, right?

mitchables
12-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah and like I would know that, never sitting my foot in Stormwind

I never go to the Horde cities but I am aware that Thrall rules Orgrimmar (and is Warchief of the Horde), Sylvanas Windrunner presides in the Undercity, Cairne Bloodhoof is the master of Thunder Bluff, and Lor'themar Theron has assumed control of the Blood Elves in Silvermoon following Kael'Thas' betrayal in Outland.

You can find these things out from a variety of sources; everything from wikis to the Achievement listings for For The Horde!/For The Alliance!

:y:

El Fangel
12-22-2008, 08:19 PM
I dont have much interest in the Alliance besides killing them. :p

mitchables
12-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Well, you'd want to be sure you're killing the right one, wouldn't you? No use in raiding Stormwind and killing the child when all you're gonna do is make his dual-wielding father angry.

El Fangel
12-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Ill kill them all :)