PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Fans?

Shaggy
03-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Ever since I have started posted on this site I dont think I have ever seen a NASCAR thread in here. I was wondering if their was any NASCAR fans in here. And if you are a fan I just wanted to know who were some of your favorite drivers and who are some of the drivers that you absolutely hate.

Favorite Drivers:
Terry Labonte
Kasey Kahne
Kyle Petty
Jimmie Johnson

Drivers I hate:
Jeff Gordan
Tony Stewart
Robbie Gordan
Sterlin Marlin

Arashi Kage
03-22-2004, 08:52 PM
I was a huge NASCAR Winston Cup fan from 1996 - 2000. I would actually watch entire races on Sundays, well, only really the Daytona races (500 and Pepsi 400), and the Talladega races.

For some reason around 2000, I just stopped following NASCAR and haven't really cared for it since.

Now if I check a race on tv, it's full of "Jimmie Johnson's, and Matt Kenseth's, and Kasey Kahne's". I'm like, I remember when Tony Stewart was a nobody. Where's all the Dick Trickles, Dave Marcus', Morgan Shepherd's, Darrel Waltrips, and those old guys, lol.

Favorite Driver:

Terry Labonte

Dislike:

All these "new" young guys & Jeff Burton.

RGWhat316
03-31-2004, 01:50 AM
Huge Nascar fan here. Favorite driver is the 17 Matt Kenseth, 2003 champion by the way. Dislikes are 24-Gordon, 48-Johnson, 31-Gordon. But I might be adding the 8 to that list because of whats been going on with him lately.

Shaggy
03-31-2004, 07:33 PM
Huge Nascar fan here. Favorite driver is the 17 Matt Kenseth, 2003 champion by the way. Dislikes are 24-Gordon, 48-Johnson, 31-Gordon. But I might be adding the 8 to that list because of whats been going on with him lately.

yea im really disliking Dale Jr myself right now also.

Gertner
04-02-2004, 12:18 AM
Good lord. Gertner is getting warmed up for a bitch fest. Anyways. You should take this thread off the sports thread, since NASCAR isn'
t a sport

Shaggy
04-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Good lord. Gertner is getting warmed up for a bitch fest. Anyways. You should take this thread off the sports thread, since NASCAR isn'
t a sport

What the hell are you talking about. Its just as much of a sport as anything else is.

Arashi Kage
04-03-2004, 01:34 AM
Well, an arguement could be made as to what exactly a "sport" is. "Real sports" have always involved the participants to be athletically inclinded, something that racing really isn't.

Sort of unrelated note, the whole concept of "cyber athletes" is highly laughable.

DaveBrawl
04-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Oh yeah I'm a huge Nascar fan.

Favorites:
Rusty Wallace
Ryan Newman
Terry Labonte
John Andretti
Jamie McMurray

Least Favorite:
Jeff Gordon
Robby Gordon
Jimmie Johnson

Gertner
04-03-2004, 03:47 PM
lol i'm not getting into this arguement again. Cars are not athletes

DaveBrawl
04-03-2004, 08:46 PM
No but the guys in the cars that are enduring the heat and G Forces pushing against them and talented enough to keep from running into each other are.

Champion of Europa
04-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Driving isn't a sport.

It's a way to get from place to place.

Evil Vito
04-03-2004, 09:01 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Dick Trickle = Greatest Name Ever

It kinda sucks nowadays, especially since each race they have 3 or 4 "field fillers" (ie: cars that are mad slow but they have to use them because there's no one else) like Andy Hillenburg, Carl Long, Curt Shelmerdine, and Joe Ruttman.</font>

Gertner
04-04-2004, 02:18 PM
anywho, i'm not getting into this arguement again.

The Outlaw
04-04-2004, 02:31 PM
Why does everyone hate on Jeff Gordon anyway?

RGWhat316
04-04-2004, 09:35 PM
If you don't want to call the drivers athletes, then the pit crew is. Change 4 tires, fuel, adjustments, cleaning winshield, handing the driver a drink all under 15 seconds.

Eternalone79
04-06-2004, 01:46 AM
Favs
Dale Jr
Kasey Kahne
Kurt Busch

Hate
Jeff Gordon
Matt Kennseth
Kevin Harvick
Any Petty(Which gets me all kinds of hell living up the street from their home)

The Outlaw
04-06-2004, 11:36 AM

Shaggy
04-08-2004, 10:27 AM

Just because he always has an attitude and never accepts the blame for anything when he causes something to happen. He always blames it on something else.

RGWhat316
04-08-2004, 04:49 PM

I never much liked him because he was always kind of a goody-two-shoes and for most of the '90's he would just dominate, and you really get sick of an all time winner after a while.

The Outlaw
04-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Oh I see

He looks like a pimp to me with the hot wife and all

I think he has a hot wife anyway? :?:

tucsonspeed6
04-08-2004, 08:45 PM
My favorites:
#29 Kevin Harvick
#18 Bobby Labonte
#48 Jimmy Johnson
I'm also coming around to liking #9 Kasey Kahne even though he drives the ever hated Dodge.....

I hate:
#Assclown Cheater Ryan Newman (When was the last time he ran out of gas anyway? Must be pure genius that he has the fastest car out there that uses the least gas....)

Everyone else is cool. Honestly I don't even get mad at Kurt Busch anymore. I used to hate Jeff Gordon back in the day, but now he's just a normal driver like everyone else, and I think it's because he quit cheating. When Earnhardt spun his own car out and stayed on the lead lap it was pretty cool though. Good drivers, man....I love them all. Well, everyone except that damn Newman. Newman! :rant: :foc: :mad:

RGWhat316
04-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I was getting annoyed with Newman myself last year. I liked him during his rookie year, but then he started winning races on fuel mileage by having the fastest car. There is no way you can be full throttle and save fuel at the same time.

I'm also slowly not liking Kasey Kahne. I'll admit he's talented, but he's also the same reason I don't like Jimmie Johnson. They both sucked in the Busch series, then they come to Cup, get in a fast car and go and run up front every week. Johnson was getting Gordon's old cars, and now Kahne is getting Elliott's cars that were fast at the end of last year.

Shaggy
04-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Well Newman is ok by me. Yes he did do all that stuff but poor guy didnt get to win the championship. That was pretty horrible. I do think that he was cheating though. All that time where he stood out on gas with out going on. There had to be something wrong there. But he is still ok in my book.

Watson
04-09-2004, 06:36 PM
My favorites:
#29 Kevin Harvick
#18 Bobby Labonte
#48 Jimmy Johnson
I'm also coming around to liking #9 Kasey Kahne even though he drives the ever hated Dodge.....

I hate:
#Assclown Cheater Ryan Newman (When was the last time he ran out of gas anyway? Must be pure genius that he has the fastest car out there that uses the least gas....)

Everyone else is cool. Honestly I don't even get mad at Kurt Busch anymore. I used to hate Jeff Gordon back in the day, but now he's just a normal driver like everyone else, and I think it's because he quit cheating. When Earnhardt spun his own car out and stayed on the lead lap it was pretty cool though. Good drivers, man....I love them all. Well, everyone except that damn Newman. Newman! :rant: :foc: :mad:

Yeah I agree about Kahne he's doing pretty damn good for a rookie but I think it's odd how he's had almost won the race twice only losing by a few inches. He seems to wait until the last second before trying to pass the leader. I also agree with what you said about Newman cheating. I noticed that and thought it was mighty fishy, you could tell by his interviews that something wasn't right. I gotta question. I've not been a fan of NASCAR long. Maybe 6 months. Thru the years I knew who the drivers were from just hearing about 'em and such butI never really watched races until about 6 months ago I got stoned at a friend's house and a race was on and I was immediately fascinated because it was so dramatic, there wa even a fight between 2 drivers. That was a trip but anyway on to my question. Why is Kurt Busch so hated. In that last race he won the crowd was booing him and even the announcers mentioned how unpopular he is. Why is that?

RGWhat316
04-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Yeah I agree about Kahne he's doing pretty damn good for a rookie but I think it's odd how he's had almost won the race twice only losing by a few inches. He seems to wait until the last second before trying to pass the leader. I also agree with what you said about Newman cheating. I noticed that and thought it was mighty fishy, you could tell by his interviews that something wasn't right. I gotta question. I've not been a fan of NASCAR long. Maybe 6 months. Thru the years I knew who the drivers were from just hearing about 'em and such butI never really watched races until about 6 months ago I got stoned at a friend's house and a race was on and I was immediately fascinated because it was so dramatic, there wa even a fight between 2 drivers. That was a trip but anyway on to my question. Why is Kurt Busch so hated. In that last race he won the crowd was booing him and even the announcers mentioned how unpopular he is. Why is that?

I don't hate Busch because I am a Roush fan, but he would be last as my favorite Roush driver. But mainly people started booing him because of the incident with Jimmy Spencer last year saying he was trying to take Jimmy out but didnt, which turned into a post-race confrontation with Spencer punching Busch. Even though Spencer has wrecked many people throughout the years, most people sided with him because they thought Busch started it. But I guess the Bristol crowd is the most vocal against him but not totally sure why.

Gertner
04-10-2004, 01:13 AM
I'm gonna run the Gertner 400 on Sunday. I'm gonna number 40 socks and put them in a drier and watch it spin for 3 hours, and then the sock i pull out will be the winner. There will be 4 provisional spots for old socks that wil be allowed in based on the fact that they used to be good.

RGWhat316
04-10-2004, 03:54 PM
I'm gonna run the Gertner 400 on Sunday. I'm gonna number 40 socks and put them in a drier and watch it spin for 3 hours, and then the sock i pull out will be the winner. There will be 4 provisional spots for old socks that wil be allowed in based on the fact that they used to be good.

Ok, you've made your point. But if you don't like it, then why bother even posting in this topic? :rant:

Arashi Kage
04-10-2004, 05:17 PM
:lol: Well, I find the sock comment to be entertaining / amusing. Especially the remark about provisional spots, lol.

Gertner
04-10-2004, 06:18 PM
sock 37 jammed the drier on spin #4, so instead of calling the race, we ran it under yellow and declared sock 3 the winner, since it was in the lead.