D Mac
11-04-2008, 12:45 PM
What happens to him now?

Y2Ant
11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Hindu World Order.

Nark Order
11-04-2008, 02:41 PM
I wish him well in his future endeavors.

Mr. Nerfect
11-04-2008, 04:19 PM
He might actually be released for all we know. Let's face it, he's not exactly the best actor the WWE has, and Vince has apparently been getting more serious about such things. That being said, I quite liked his stuff with Randy Orton two weeks ago. Maybe Theodore Long will get bumped up to RAW, and Mike Adamle will take the much smaller role as ECW GM?

Juan
11-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Hopefully last night was his final appearance on WWE TV.

Kane Knight
11-04-2008, 04:38 PM
I keep thinking, "That was anticlimactic; it can't be the end of it." Then I realise, "This is WWE; it probably is the end of it."

And for once, I'm kind of hoping WWE just drops this shit.

thedamndest
11-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Well, they could fire him, or they could utilize the Dilbert Principle which states that they will promote him to a level of management.

Anybody Thrilla
11-04-2008, 07:29 PM
What was his big announcement?

Fabien Barthez
11-04-2008, 07:40 PM
He forgot his lines in the ring, I'm sure of it.

GD
11-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Hindu World Order.

:nono::wavesad:

Juan
11-04-2008, 08:07 PM
What was his big announcement?

He quit.

He forgot his lines in the ring, I'm sure of it.

Actually he did.

Y2Ant
11-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah, it was cringe-worthy even for Adamle.

Kane Knight
11-04-2008, 10:20 PM
He fucked up simple words in a way that makes me long for Bubba Ray's stutter.

Xerzes
11-05-2008, 12:41 AM
I wish him well in his future endeavors.

Linkbowler
11-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Back to American Gladiators.

Lock Jaw
11-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Next ECW Champion.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Next <s>ECW</s> TNA Champion.

Y2Ant
11-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Next <s>ECW</s> <s>TNA</s> Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling Champion.

darkpower
11-05-2008, 07:45 PM
He actually has been doing pretty good as the RAW GM. Didn't get all the hate after he was in a position that actually made him good to watch. Loved his little "war" with Jericho. And I could see them doing a Orton/Adamle feud of some kind (even though I will probably regret jinxing that).

Personally, I think he just did a few things wrong every now and then because they put him in a very tough job way too quickly when he wasn't familiar with the product, and no one ever forgave him and was looking for something to call him on. He seems to really been working hard to try to win over people after his gaffs, but trying to get people who haven't gotten over fucking Montreal after 11 years to get over something like that is highly difficult, if not impossible.

Juan
11-05-2008, 08:03 PM
That's a real deep thought, darkpower, but the truth is Adamle sucked. That's all there is to it.

I also never understood why they spent all that money to go out and hire Adamle when they have other very capable people on the payroll.

darkpower
11-05-2008, 08:13 PM
That's a real deep thought, darkpower, but the truth is Adamle sucked. That's all there is to it.

I also never understood why they spent all that money to go out and hire Adamle when they have other very capable people on the payroll.

I don't think he exactly sucked, and didn't think he was as bad as everyone is making him out to be. Maybe it's just me wanting to see a nice guy do well and because I know the guy can be an awesome commentator and worker.

They hired him because he has a LOT of experience calling sporting events (he's done it for YEARS, not just on AG), and he's was an NFL player for I think he said 8 years (and was a play by play guy for the NFL for 8, as well). Thing is, in those, for some reason, you can get away with some slips more than you can in calling wrestling matches. Not sure WHY they make it SO much harder.

Oh, and don't forget why Foley left the WWE (McMahon screaming in their ears all throughout as to what to say and when to say it). I don't think ANY sporting event has anything like Vince doing that sort of shit.

Juan
11-05-2008, 08:47 PM
He still sucked.

darkpower
11-05-2008, 08:53 PM
He still sucked.

Well, I think we'll agree to disagree here. I just think he needed more time.

I'm hoping he is staying, though. Why no one has even said anything about what they want to do with him and where they are going with this (usually Dave "everyone should suck my cock" Meltzer would've had something about it by now).

KYR
11-05-2008, 09:11 PM
He still sucked.

Lux
11-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Adamle = :nono:

Xero
11-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Mike Adamle and Don West - TNA Announcers.

I want to see it just to hear Adamle continually refer to Don as "Adam West".

Juan
11-05-2008, 09:35 PM
lmao

Mike Adamle and Don West would be the final nail in TNA's double wide coffin.

KYR
11-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Or Don Adams... :rofl:

darkpower
11-05-2008, 09:36 PM
lmao

Mike Adamle and Don West would be the final coffin in TNA's double wide coffin.

Hasn't that been EVERYTHING in TNA, though?

Xero
11-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Think of the possibilities, though...

"The Sting"

"Kevin Bash just Nashed him!"

"Booker African really work that spinning wheel cut kick!"

"Hurry! It's the Curry!"

"Sheep Akbar Lasher just won his match!"

"Hey, it's Mick Foley! I know him from working in WWE. Man, I miss that place."

"Scott Steinbrenner!"

"Abyss with the Asshole Slam!"

"I guess you could say Christian is Caged in the six sides of cage."

Juan
11-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Think of the possibilities, though...

"The Sting"

"Kevin Bash just Nashed him!"

"Booker African really work that spinning wheel cut kick!"

"Hurry! It's the Curry!"

"Sheep Akbar Lasher just won his match!"

"Hey, it's Mick Foley! I know him from working in WWE. Man, I miss that place."

"Scott Steinbrenner!"

"Abyss with the Asshole Slam!"

"I guess you could say Christian is Caged in the six sides of cage."

:rofl::rofl:

darkpower
11-05-2008, 09:46 PM
I wish now that I could find that post from an AG forum of someone who met Adamle and said he was one of the nicest guys the person ever met.

Say he sucks all you want, but he seems to be far from being a prick.

That and I think I read somewhere that he was diagnosed with epilepsy (seizures), which makes me think has been a reason for a few of the miscues (I've gone through a few myself in my life, so I know how that feels. It DOES fuck you up in some cases).

Juan
11-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Nice guys finish last, dp.

darkpower
11-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Nice guys finish last, dp.

Don't know about....

*looks at Randy Orton*

....never mind, you're right!

Mister Sinister
11-05-2008, 09:49 PM
I don't think he exactly sucked, and didn't think he was as bad as everyone is making him out to be. Maybe it's just me wanting to see a nice guy do well and because I know the guy can be an awesome commentator and worker.

They hired him because he has a LOT of experience calling sporting events (he's done it for YEARS, not just on AG), and he's was an NFL player for I think he said 8 years (and was a play by play guy for the NFL for 8, as well). Thing is, in those, for some reason, you can get away with some slips more than you can in calling wrestling matches. Not sure WHY they make it SO much harder.

Oh, and don't forget why Foley left the WWE (McMahon screaming in their ears all throughout as to what to say and when to say it). I don't think ANY sporting event has anything like Vince doing that sort of shit.

He also called the XFL...

Somehow that should of been a sign.

Xero
11-05-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm sure Adamle is nice. He can be the nicest person in the history of mankind for all I care. Doesn't make his on-screen persona suck any less.

darkpower
11-05-2008, 10:01 PM
He also called the XFL...

Somehow that should of been a sign.

So did JR!

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2008, 03:25 AM
I still think that down the line, Mike Adamle would be an awesome heel manager. Think Larry Sweeney, only Sweeney is actually comfortable on a professional wrestling mic. Adamle's character could just be made to look arrogant, rather than incompetent, though.

Lux
11-06-2008, 03:29 AM
Totally off topic but Noid what happened on 01/05/08 :?:

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2008, 03:32 AM
Totally off topic but Noid what happened on 01/05/08 :?:

I really need to change that, actually. It was a bet with Destor that I lost, and as a result I had to change my avatar to anything he wanted for a month. He suggested I put the date as my user title so I wouldn't forget. Turns out I forgot about the user title.

Lux
11-06-2008, 03:46 AM
new user title "Owned & Distrubed by Lux"

:)

RVDmark
11-06-2008, 02:10 PM
What happens to him now?

McCain - Adamle 2012?

Juan
11-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Source: PWInsider.com

-- Mike Adamle is done with WWE, at least for the short term. There is a good chance he won't be returning. The word backstage is that both WWE and Adamle came to an agreement that he was just not cut out for the business, so he was taken off television. Many found it fitting that on what was probably his final night with the company, he screwed up his lines in true Adamle fashion.

KYR
11-06-2008, 06:18 PM
He still sucked.

darkpower
11-06-2008, 10:56 PM
My bet is that because MGM fucked him over on the new AG show (he wanted that job again), and they hired Hogan, my guess is that they (he or the WWE) thought that if he got into the WWE for a bit, he would be looked at from MGM (who licenses AG) to replace Hogan or that background announcer they have for the job. That's my thought about it.

No doubt that if he leaves full term (assuming he hasn't already) he's going to get better job offers as an announcer for the NFL again (or something else major) because of the added exposure he got.

Ironballs
11-07-2008, 03:11 AM
I liked Adamle. He came off very dry yet professional, so he was kind of a fresh air. I wouldn't have minded seeing him get a little more time to improve.

I was kinda hoping for Adamle to be involved in some fashion with the Orton stable. Orton maybe figures after last week that shit could be much worse so he starts to work with him. It could have had potential, but oh well.

Fabien Barthez
11-09-2008, 08:55 AM
You see the thing is...... You know what the thing is.

You know don't you Shane?

*Shane looks confused, humouringly agreeing with him*

And thats why, I am quitting as GM of Raw.

Yeah, that's kind of what he said. With all the competant actors in the world, it's nice to see him go. I kind of understand when they get average workers with no charisma and try to put them over, but a role that could be played by anyone, they need to be going to talent agencies or something where they can find people with acting experience.

My biggest question, is why did they put the guy who makes consistant gaffs and can't remember his lines, on the Live show? It's crazy.

Lux
11-09-2008, 12:06 PM
...ITS WWE!!! :y:

GD
11-09-2008, 12:57 PM
We will have Adamle free WWE programming.

GD
11-09-2008, 12:57 PM
But we will still have pop ups!

Xero
11-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Pop Up Adamle!

GD
11-09-2008, 01:07 PM
The Hurricane Helms pop ups on smackdown.

Xero
11-09-2008, 01:10 PM
I know. And Adamle shall be his successor.

In fact, they could do entire skits of him fucking up lines and Helms popping up on the other side of the screen correcting him.

Helms shall teach him well.

GD
11-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Smackdown ratings will boom!