PDA

View Full Version : So yeah, WWE needs to stop burying everyone.

Rock Bottom
03-23-2004, 12:50 AM
Seriously. I remember a time in WCW, where they would have any random two dudes fight, and they weren't "over" each other or anything ALL the time. And they would put on good matches. I would have never even heard of the guys, and they would have put on a good show. I'd pick one I liked and cheer for them.

Now, when watching the WWE, I only mark out for huge things. I miss that feeling. Now it's like, the second I hear a match, I just go into a cynical prediction, or it's completely obvious. I'm sure everyone shares that sentiment.

Seriously, when you are constantly burying everyone, you pretty much know 90% of what's gonna happen even if you're not even all that into it. Wrestlemania was a bit different (no, not because of the Benoit win, because I called that one), but not that much different.

Now the only time you pretty much can't predict things are when two guys that are "equal" step into the ring (ie Rock and Stone Cold, or a pair like that). Seriously, it blows ass and it takes alot of the entertainment out of it. Now and then, they will have the occasional upset (Hurricane def. The Rock), but that doesn't do sh</>it for anyone, because Hurricane is still a jobber and Rock is still a main eventer.

The only thing I can see anything coming of that is 1-2-3-Kid, and look where THAT ended up. What a piece of crap. Oh yeah, and Barry Horrowitz. Or whatever. But all in all, they're still jobbers. So that does nothing for their credibility. Anyway...

It was sad for me tonight, when I heard Rhyno was getting a World Title shot. I was like, "Yeah, okay, whatever." The match was just filler to me until Rhyno tapped out - we all know what would happen. Fuc</>k that. The Triple H match, I knew Eddie wasn't dropping the belt. Made it BORING, even though it was a good match, there were no stakes in my mind.

Now, in the rare event that you, or myself, or whatever, can't clearly predetermine the outcome of a match just by the general feel, it is nice. The surprise effect is cool. But for the most part, everything is dull.

Kane vs. Rico... You know, they have fought before. And Kane always just whips his ass. That could have been a good match, or you could have at least had Rico make some sort of fight. But nah, it was like one of those thirty second matches.

RVD and Booker T are like the only two guys that are entertaining me right now. Even though their shi</>t appears so sloppy, it works out great, I think. In a weird way, I think it adds to the match. Just two guys shooting it as best they can. Some of their double teams are pretty cool.

I hope those two stay together for a while, and I think they will, as per Booker T telling RVD not to worry about the mistake, rather than the typical shoving match and eventual feud.

Anywho, back to the subject, there is a long list of buried wrestlers, that because they have been booked down, cannot entertain me anymore. Not because of their wrestling, alot of them are good workers. But because of their place in the jabroni food chain. It sucks.

So I present to you, a list of a bunch of guys who used to entertain me, yet now, are far too predictable.

Kane - You were the man when you first came out, and you have been doing a good job keeping your gimmick fresh, even though you had to resort to the retard gimmick. We all forgive you for teaming with X-Pac. Now, it is pretty much a given that Kane will eat any mid carder, but job to any main eventer. That sucks.

Chris Jericho: Not quite buried, but I've been able to predict him fairly well. I don't think him losing to Christian was too bad, because Christian is the man and deserves a push after some of the crap gimmicks they've fed him. The two work great. But really, Jericho should be in that title picture. Or at least give him the US strap. Or revive the IC strap, he can bring some credibility to it. I think he and Christian's feud would be more entertaining with some sort of belt at stake.

RVD: Not quite buried at all, and still entertains me, however, he's held in mid card. Mind you, he does not lose very often if you've noticed. But RVD should bump up. I hope they see the light on SmackDown.

Lance Storm: Lance, if you can hear this, we all love you.

Anyway, I won't list everyone, because I want people to add wrestlers to the list. Feel free to reply any thoughts, or if you've noticed someone who has gotten lost in the mess. Or someone who is a good worker, but can no longer put you on the edge of your seat because their booking is too predictable.

KingofOldSchool
03-23-2004, 01:13 AM
Lance Storm: Lance, if you can hear this, we all love you.

WE?

I hope "we" means "you."

Rock Bottom
03-23-2004, 01:22 AM
WE?

I hope "we" means "you."

I am 100% sure that it doesn't.

Funky Fly
03-23-2004, 01:47 AM
I am 100% sure that it doesn't.
It doesn't. KoOS is onn something.

That bit you mentioned at the beginning is exactly why I loved WCW. And a lot of those guys weren't just having 3 minute matches, it was 10, 15 or even 20 minute matches on tv with no story build up! They were just good matches. That's where I got to see guys like Ultimo Dragon (yeah, I know you hate him :'( ), Johnny Swinger (a jobber at the time, if you can believe it) and Norman Smiley put on awesome matches week in and week out. I'm marking just remembering the good old days. :love:

Damn you, Vince Russo, and damn you, Vince McMahon. :mad: