PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Video Game Sim Thread

Evil Vito
11-11-2008, 07:23 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm bringing back an old topic. With past wrestling games, I enjoyed doing CPU sim matches, building storylines, and all of that. And there were plenty of other people into it as well, it was quite popular.

Anyway, I've decided to start it again using the newly released SVR09. I'll reveal the details of my fed in the next post.</font>

Mike the Metal Ed
11-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Kevin, I intend to do a tournament on SvR 2009. Fancy shilling it in the topic title? :shifty:

Evil Vito
11-11-2008, 07:32 PM
<font color=goldenrod>No. :mad:

Anyway, with WCW being a brand in the game, I've decided to use 4 brands in my fed. Some details:

-I'm pretty much only going to do PPVs, making up the storylines in my mind.
-Any TV shows or TV matches I do will be to determine things like #1 contender spots, draft picks, etc.

-Each brand will have their own World Title
-Raw and ECW will share the IC Title and World Tag Team Titles
-Smackdown and WCW will share the US Title and WWE Tag Team Titles
-The Women's Title can be defended anywhere so long as there is a diva on that roster, ditto for the Cruiserweight Title
-The Hardcore Title (which I have yet to unlock) will likely be a comedy belt, rechristened the Jobber Title. This title will remain with whoever LOSES a match.

-Here's my STARTING roster. For the sake of simplicity, I've decided to stick everyone on their "brand of origin", be it either the first WWE brand they were on or the first company they were in.

<u>Raw</u>
Ashley
Beth Pheonix
Big Daddy V
Candice
Cody Rhodes
JBL
Jeff Hardy
JTG
Kane
Lance Cade
Maria
Matt Hardy
Mickie James
Santino Marella
Shad
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin
Snitsky
Trevor Murdoch
Umaga
Undertaker
Victoria

<u>SmackDown!</u>
Batista
Boogeyman
Brian Kendrick
Carlito
Edge
Elijah Burke
Festus
Great Khali
Hardcore Holly
Jesse
Jillian Hall
John Cena
John Morrison
Layla
Mark Henry
Melina
Michelle McCool
Miz
Mr. Kennedy
Mr. McMahon
MVP
Paul London
Randy Orton

<u>ECW</u>
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Curt Hawkins
Kelly Kelly
Kofi Kingston
Rey Mysterio
Tazz
Tommy Dreamer
Zack Ryder

<u>WCW</u>
Big Show
Chavo Guerrero
Chuck Palumbo
Finlay
Jimmy Wang Yang
Ric Flair
Triple H
William Regal

----------

The ECW and WCW rosters are quite small right now...but I'm giving it room to change before I do title matches. Using these rosters, my first card will be a series of draft pick matches, with the winning brand receiving a random superstar...much like in real life. I'm hoping to get that up by tonight.</font>

Evil Vito
11-12-2008, 12:34 AM
<font color=goldenrod>And here's my draft episode. I entered the list of everyone on the roster onto random.org, generated the list to be scrambled up, and I refreshed 5 times for maximum randomness.

----

<b><u>Match 1: Ric Flair and Triple H (WCW) vs. Batista and Randy Orton (SmackDown)</u></b>
We were in for one hell of a start here as we saw the 4 men who comprised Evolution in the same match. Team WCW was thought to have the advantage here, mainly because Batista and Orton certainly do not see eye to eye as a team. However, that was not to be. Ric Flair thought he could handle Randy Orton, casually ignoring Triple H’s request for a tag. That wound up costing Flair, as Orton delivered a vicious kick to the head for the win. Orton fled as Batista and Triple H checked in on Flair. Triple H looked upset, perhaps thinking he could have won if Flair would have tagged him in.

<b>First Draft Pick: SmackDown drafts LANCE CADE</b>

The former tag team champion and protégé of Chris Jericho finds a new brand for the first time in his WWE career. Barring Trevor Murdoch getting drafted as well, this prevents a chance to see the former tag team reunite.

<b><u>Match 2: Beth Phoenix (Raw) vs. Melina (SmackDown)</u></b>
The vicious Glamazon faced off against a woman she had a rivalry going prior to her injury, Melina. Melina came off strong at the start only to soon be slowed down by Beth. However, Melina seemed to slowly but surely regain the advantage as the match went on. She managed to pull out her Leg Drop Reverse DDT out of nowhere to get SmackDown off to a great start, netting its second draft pick in as many matches.

<b>Second Draft Pick: SmackDown drafts TOMMY DREAMER</b>

This pick shocked the WWE Universe, as Dreamer represents everything ECW stands for, even normally wearing an ECW shirt to the ring. Tommy looked very pissed off upon hearing the news. ECW’s roster just got a lot thinner.

<b><u>Match 3: Cryme Tyme (Raw) vs. Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder (ECW)</u></b>
Both Raw and ECW looked to get on the board with their first pick in this bout as two experienced tag teams went head to head. Both teams utilized quick tags in and out to try and stay fresh. Cryme Tyme, however, were able to keep the crowd in the match, and perhaps that adrenaline gave them the ultimate edge as Shad planted Zack Ryder with a huge Samoan Drop to secure Raw’s first draft pick on the evening.

<b>Third Draft Pick: Raw drafts ELIJAH BURKE</b>

Although he spent the majority of his WWE career on the ECW brand, Elijah was relocated to SmackDown as part of the “brand of origin” incentive. However, his return on SmackDown was as short one as the Elijah Express has now found its way to Raw.

<b><u>Match 4: Rey Mysterio (ECW) vs. Brian Kendrick (SmackDown) vs. Jeff Hardy (Raw) vs. Chavo Guerrero (WCW)</u></b>
Fans were thrilled to see this special match announced, a 4 corners elimination match featuring a high flying superstar from each brand. Bodies were flying everywhere and pinfall attempts were coming so fast, referee Nick Patrick could barely keep track of it all. To the shock of the fans, Rey Mysterio was the first man eliminated after a reverse Twist of Fate from Jeff Hardy. Next up, the egotistical Brian Kendrick executed a surprise rollup on the also egotistical Chavo Guerrero for the 2nd elimination. Hardy and Kendrick battled valiantly for several minutes, before Hardy managed to bloody Kendrick with a DDT and then hitting another Reverse Twist of Fate, giving Raw another draft pick.

<b>Fourth Draft Pick: Raw drafts JOHN MORRISON</b>

Very similar to the previous selection of Elijah Burke, Morrison reverted to the SmackDown roster due to it being his brand of origin. Now that he’s off to Raw, he will once again be a singles competitor unless The Miz finds himself drafted there as well.

<b><u>Match 5: Jimmy Wang Yang (WCW) vs. Kofi Kingston (ECW)</u></b>
The last match excited the crowd so much, as an encore they got to see even more high-octane action. The WCW and ECW General Managers were both surely nervous during this match, as the winner would net the first draft pick for its brand while the loser would stay with no picks. These two were about as evenly matched as could be, utilizing their high risk arsenals along with peppering each other with a flurry of kicks. In the end, WCW’s resident redneck landed the Yang Time, giving WCW its first pick on the night.

<b>Fifth Draft Pick: WCW drafts BIG DADDY V</b>

It seems like the computer has found a knack for drafting former ECW competitors. The quarter ton colossus moves on to new territory in the search for WCW gold. He may very well be able to rule WCW just like he ruled the streets of Harlem.

<b><u>Match 6: Mr. McMahon (SmackDown) vs. Tazz (ECW)</u></b>
Mr. McMahon, he himself relocated to be the head of SmackDown as it was the show he ran during the initial WWE Draft, came out and boasted about how well SmackDown had been doing in the draft. He also mocked ECW for not yet having a draft pick. Big mistake, as Tazz shocked the world by getting up from the broadcast table and revealing that he had his wrestling gear on underneath. Tazz jumped into the ring and an impromptu match began. Many suplexes and a Tazzmission later, and ECW wound up receiving its first pick in the draft.

<b>Sixth Draft Pick: ECW drafts UMAGA</b>

ECW just got a lot more extreme with the addition of the vicious Samoan Bulldozer. After demolishing the competition on both Raw and SmackDown, Umaga is sure to find some more victims in the Land of Extreme.

<b><u>Match 7: Finlay (WCW) vs. JBL (Raw)</u></b>
We saw a rematch from WrestleMania in this one as Finlay and JBL went one-on-one with a draft pick on the line. A very stiff match, lots of hard punches back and forth. JBL tried to cheat on several occasions but the score was evened when Hornswoggle popped out from under the ring and tossed Finlay a shillelagh. Finlay would go on to hit the Celtic Cross and earn a pick for WCW.

<b>Seventh Draft Pick: WCW drafts MARK HENRY</b>

Another huge selection for WCW after picking up Big Daddy V earlier. Oddly enough, those two men were former ECW teammates. One could only imagine how much the scope of WCW will change now that the self-proclaimed silverback is on the roster.

After the bout, Raw’s Santino Marella came out and ran his mouth about how he was the perfect draft pick and how every show wanted him, claiming that he could win any match against anyone. Enter ECW legend Tommy Dreamer, who had just been drafted over to SmackDown earlier tonight. Tommy laid down a challenge for an Extreme Rules Match. The Big Show of WCW also intervened, saying he wanted in. Dreamer embraced the challenge, while Santino seemed reluctant. His feelings remained the same when the newly-drafted ECW superstar Umaga came out as well. A Fatal 4-Way Extreme Rules Match was now underway.

<b><u>Match 8 – Extreme Rules: Santino Marella (Raw) vs. Tommy Dreamer (SmackDown) vs. Big Show (WCW) vs. Umaga (ECW)</u></b>
Carnage is really the only proper word used here. Plenty of weapons were used: chairs, tables, kendo sticks, and even a flaming barbed wire 2x4. Santino definitely wound up eating his words, as he was on the receiving end of a huge Chokeslam from Big Show that saw WCW collect its third pick of the historical evening, more than any other brand to that point.

<b>Eighth Draft Pick: WCW drafts TREVOR MURDOCH</b>

As it turned out, Trevor Murdoch got drafted just like his former partner Lance Cade. However, it was to a different show as Murdoch is now a part of the ever-growing WCW roster. WCW now shifts its attention to the final match of the evening, where they can claim two more draft picks.

<b><u>Match 9 – 20 Man Royal Rumble for the Final 2 Draft Picks</u></b>
Each brand will have 5 representatives in this final match with two draft picks on the line.

As if ECW’s luck couldn’t get any worse, Rey Mysterio drew the #1 entrant. However, the announcers were quick to mention that Rey once won an even longer Rumble from an opening spot. In an eerie coincidence, Raw representative Kane was the #2 entrant.

New WCW draftee Mark Henry entered at #3 and got his shots in on both of the other guys. Raw member Shelton Benjamin came in at #4. He helped Henry push out Rey Mysterio for the first elimination, making ECW’s odds that much longer. However, Henry turned right around and chucked out Shelton.

Triple H of WCW entered at #5, obviously hoping to end the night better than it began. Shawn Michaels of Raw got #6 and there was a brief nostalgic reunion of DX as they attempted to eliminate Kane but shockingly Triple H got shelved instead. Kane was sent packing soon after.

William Regal of WCW entered #7, Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins of ECW got #8 and #9 respectively. The duo teamed up to eliminate Shawn Michaels in a surprise. William Regal soon followed suit. CM Punk got #10 and all three ECW guys worked to try and eliminate Mark Henry but it was to no avail as Curt Hawkins wound up going instead.

Chris Jericho of ECW got #11, and ECW fans panicked as that meant that all 5 ECW representatives had already entered just over halfway through the match. The mammoth Great Khali, SmackDown’s first entrant, got #12. He immediately took control of the ring, towering over everybody. Zack Ryder got chucked out in this fracas.

Mr. Kennedy from SmackDown gets #13 and finally, enough of a bond is formed with the participants in the ring to eliminate Mark Henry. SmackDown’s MVP gets #14. Edge gets #15 and the Ultimate Opportunist tries to rally the 4 SmackDown guys in the ring to take out the final 2 ECW guys. Surprisingly though, Punk and Jericho managed to stick together and take out the “SmackDown leader” Edge as well as MVP.

Matt Hardy from Raw enters in the #16 spot. John Cena gets #17 as the final SmackDown entrant. Kennedy gets eliminated. Jeff Hardy from Raw gets #18 and spurns a rally to eliminate Khali. Chuck Palumbo is #19 but the WCW representative doesn’t last very long. Big Daddy V, another mammoth WCW acquisition, rounds off the field at #20.

FINAL PARTICIPANTS: CM Punk (ECW, 10), Chris Jericho (ECW, 11), Matt Hardy (Raw, 16), John Cena (SmackDown, 17), Jeff Hardy (Raw, 18), and Big Daddy V (WCW, 20)

It is quite clear what everyone feels they must do: get the big guy out. After some teamwork, Big Daddy V is tossed out, officially killing the chance of WCW getting another 2 draft picks. John Cena is bundled out as well, eliminating the full SmackDown team.

Down to the Hardys, Jericho, and Punk. There is some Tornado Tag-like action going on until the Hardys manage to rid the ring of Jericho. Hope seems all but lost, but Punk somehow perseveres enough to take out fellow former ECW champion Matt. Jeff and Punk have a long battle back and forth ending with Punk connecting with the GTS and an elimination. Against all odds, ECW won the final 2 draft picks.

<b>Ninth Draft Pick: ECW drafts JEFF HARDY</b>

Jeff Hardy stood amazed outside the ring. The man who had just eliminated him from the Royal Rumble was responsible for him now finding a new home. One half of Team Extreme shouldn’t take long to find his niche in the Land of Extreme. But who is the final draft pick?

<b>Tenth Draft Pick: ECW drafts EDGE</b>

The final selection of the annual draft simply couldn’t have been bigger. Edge will immediately be a force to be reckoned with in ECW and will doubtless be right in the hunt for the ECW championship. Though one has to wonder just how he will react to having been removed from his position as the face of SmackDown.

---------

Holy shit. I wanted to get some more guys on ECW and WCW and the game and Random.org gave it to me. Seriously could not believe the timing of some of those picks.</font>

D Mac
11-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Too much free time. :p

Evil Vito
11-12-2008, 07:13 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Eh, not really. This pretty much just stretches out the game life for me when I get bored. The next PPV I do prolly won't be for awhile as I'm still doing RTW mode and building up my CAW in Career...I just wanted to do a show to see how this game is at simming matches (surprisingly, I've noticed most of the matches go really quickly in this game, probably due to the fact that it's easy to build up a finisher within seconds).</font>

D Mac
11-12-2008, 12:08 PM
I really wish there was Create a PPV. Right now I have to do a bunch of exibition matches and pretend it's a show.

Evil Vito
11-19-2008, 07:31 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Here are the updated rosters after the draft, I'm working on Night of Champions right now:

Raw
Ashley
Beth Pheonix
Candice
Cody Rhodes
Elijah Burke
JBL
John Morrison
JTG
Kane
Maria
Matt Hardy
Mickie James
Santino Marella
Shad
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin
Snitsky
Undertaker
Victoria

SmackDown!
Batista
Boogeyman
Brian Kendrick
Carlito
Festus
Great Khali
Hardcore Holly
Jesse
Jillian Hall
John Cena
Lance Cade
Layla
Melina
Michelle McCool
Miz
Mr. Kennedy
Mr. McMahon
MVP
Paul London
Randy Orton
Tommy Dreamer

ECW
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Curt Hawkins
Edge
Jeff Hardy
Kelly Kelly
Kofi Kingston
Rey Mysterio
Tazz
Umaga
Zack Ryder

WCW
Big Daddy V
Big Show
Chavo Guerrero
Chuck Palumbo
Finlay
Jimmy Wang Yang
Mark Henry
Ric Flair
Trevor Murdoch
Triple H
William Regal</font>

Evil Vito
11-19-2008, 09:23 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Here's the first two matches to prevent the post from getting two long...not to mention I have to reel from the upset of the century.

<b><u>Night of Champions</u></b>

On this show, I will be determining the 4 main champions as well as the two secondary champions.

For this PPV, anybody who is a former World champion is eligible to compete for their brand’s top title. There are two exceptions to this:

The IC Title will be floated between Raw and ECW, the US Title will be floated between SD and WCW. Anybody on those rosters who is a former champion but NOT a former World champion can compete for a secondary belt.

Tag, Diva, and Jobber Titles will be determined at a later date.

---

At an earlier television show, mini-battle royals were held involving members of the ECW roster and WCW roster in which the winners would be specially added to their brands’ title matches, where they would serve as the 6th man. In those contests, Jeff Hardy (ECW) and William Regal (WCW) came out on top and are thus the wild card entries with a chance to win the big one.

<b><u>Intercontinental Championship Elimination Match</u>
Cody Rhodes, Curt Hawkins, Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella, Shelton Benjamin, Umaga, Zack Ryder</b>

Santino was the last man to make his entrance and ran his mouth on the way to the ring. This was a mistake as the other 6 participants immediately pounced on him and hit him with a flurry of moves and finishers, quickly allowing him to be the first man eliminated. He had to be dragged from the ring accusing everyone in the ring of “cheating”.

Thus, the match continued with the other 6. Hawkins & Ryder worked together but it wasn’t enough as Cody managed to pin Hawkins with a surprise rollup. Shortly after, Umaga planted Shelton with a huge Samoan Drop for the elimination. Kofi connected with a well-placed knee to the head on Cody for an elimination. A bloody and partnerless Ryder fell for a possum pin by Kofi for yet another elimination.

Down to the final two. The winded Kofi did all he could to try and wear out Umaga, including repeatedly rubbing Umaga’s face in the ropes. However, there ultimately proved to be trouble in paradise as the seemingly unstoppable bulldozer nailed Kofi with the Samoan Spike to win the Intercontinental Championship for the 3rd time.

<b><u>United States Championship Elimination Match</u>
Big Daddy V, Brian Kendrick, Carlito, Chuck Palumbo, Finlay, Hardcore Holly, Lance Cade, The Miz, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, Paul London, Trevor Murdoch</b>

It was total chaos here as the referee tried to keep track of 12 superstars at once. The colossal Big Daddy V decided to send a message by victimizing fan favorite Mr. Kennedy from the get-go, pinning him with a big splash for the first elimination. Trevor Murdoch stunned the fans by hitting the rarely seen Ace of Spades on both Kendrick as well as former partner Lance Cade, eliminating both. In somewhat of a surprise elimination, Finlay was next out after an Alabama Slam from Hardcore Holly. Chuck Palumbo tried to upstage Murdoch by hitting his own finisher, the Full Throttle, twice. The Miz and Paul London were the victims, and both were eliminated as a result.

With the field cut in half, the 6 men remaining (neatly, 3 WCW and 3 SD) took a breather. When action resumed, MVP cooled down the red hot Palumbo with a Playmaker and an elimination. Murdoch stayed hot however, hitting two more Ace of Spades in eliminating Carlito and MVP, making that 4 eliminations in the match. Holly and Murdoch attempt to work over Big Daddy V, but it doesn’t last long as Murdoch hits ANOTHER Ace of Spades, getting ANOTHER elimination.

The crowd is on their feet as Trevor Murdoch of all people has somehow eliminated five men and now is just 3 seconds away from becoming United States champion, however, he has to finish off Big Daddy V. Attempts to hit an Ace of Spades go futile, as V hits the Ghetto Drop. But WAIT! Murdoch gets a last burst of energy and rolls up V in a possum pin, for the 3 count! Trevor Murdoch has pulled off one of the most unlikely upsets in history! Big Daddy V looks livid, and certainly, these two WCW competitors haven’t seen the last of each other.

--------

For those who will inevitably ask, I did a 12 man match by doing two 6-man battle royals...and when 3 men were eliminated in each I put the 3 survivors from each into another one for the belt.

Holy fuck, Murdoch looked unstoppable. :eek: I thought he was doomed after the Ghetto Drop, and marked so much when he did the Possum Pin. The storylines in this game just wrote themselves for me.

Main Title matches soon to come.</font>

Evil Vito
11-19-2008, 11:42 PM
<font color=goldenrod><b><u>World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Tag Team Match</u>
Batista, Tommy Dreamer, and John Cena vs. Randy Orton, The Great Khali, and Mr. McMahon</b>

By special order of Mr. McMahon, the WHW Title match would have a unique concept. It would start with teams in elimination format…and the survivors from the winning team (if there are any) will compete afterwards for the title. Many think this match was set up by Vince to keep him out of the ring as much as possible.

Batista and Randy Orton started off the match, tearing into each other as Batista was clearly still angry at Randy for what he did to Ric Flair during the draft episode. Bats got in some early offense before tagging in Tommy. Tommy worked over Orton until Khali got tagged in. A Vice Grip sent Tommy to the showers surprisingly early. Many fans noticed Tommy didn’t seem quite like himself, and one could speculate that he is still unhappy about the fact that he was drafted away from ECW.

Cena jumped in next, and what seemed almost like a calculated assault broke out. Orton managed to get Cena in a position to punt him in the head, and he did. Khali pulled Batista off the apron to prevent from breaking up the pin, and suddenly it was 3-on-1. Khali beat the tar out of Batista on the outside, bloodying him, while Orton left the ring occasionally to break up the count. Batista fought valiantly, but soon enough fell victim to the RKO and the pin, ending this segment of the match.

However, there was no other segment of the match…as Vince (who conveniently never got tagged in) announced that he and Khali were forfeiting, thereby awarding the World Heavyweight Championship to Randy Orton! It was then announced afterward that Orton was Vince’s hand picked choice to be the champion, and Khali will serve as his enforcer. Bah Gawd, they were in it together all along!

<b><u>WCW Championship Hell in a Cell Match</u>
Big Show vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Mark Henry vs. Ric Flair vs. Triple H vs. William Regal</b>

Carnage is pretty much the only word that can be used to describe this one. The participants went all around, using the cell to their advantage as a weapon. Many of the competitors saw their own blood shed in their efforts to become the first champion under the newly minted WCW brand. The match saw a photo finish, as Big Show hurled Chavo halfway across the ring and made the cover at the exact same time that Henry was preparing to perform a splash on Triple H and Flair was locking Regal in the Figure 4. The fact that everyone else was preoccupied resulted in the World’s Largest Athlete becoming the new WCW Champion.

<b><u>ECW Championship Ladder Match</u>
Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk vs. Edge vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Tazz</b>

Jeff and Punk wanted to get on the offensive right away as both men brought ladders into the ring within seconds of the bell ringing. Essentially, all 6 men did completely inhumane things to one another using the ladders, as well as a 2x4 wrapped in barbed wire. The fans all gasped when the Human Suplex Machine lived up to his name by suplexing Rey off the ladder. As if that wasn’t bad enough, Rey suffered another suplex from the top, this time from Jericho, and it resulted in Rey falling all the way to the outside of the ring. Oh My God! After a violent, bloody brawl that saw all 6 men wearing the crimson mask, none other than TAZZ won the ECW Title, proving to the world that coming out of retirement was the right move.

<b><u>WWE Championship Elimination Chamber</u>
JBL vs. John Morrison vs. Kane vs. Matt Hardy vs. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker</b>

JBL and The Undertaker started us off in the main event of the evening to crown a new WWE Champion. The two rekindled their old rivalry for a few minutes before John Morrison was unlocked from his Chamber as the 3rd entrant. Morrison showed why he’s from the Palace of Wisdom by kicking back and letting the other two fight. Most unexpectedly, Taker hit JBL with a Tombstone really early, enough to put JBL out of the match. There was no time for celebration though, as Kane came in 4th.

Morrison again opted to stay out of the path of the Brothers of Destruction, only getting in a few shots here and there. Shawn Michaels entered 5th and quickly paired off with Morrison. Matt Hardy got the prized #6 and after several minutes of action, put Morrison away with the Twist of Fate for the 2nd elimination, and he recorded a mild upset a little later on by also hitting a Twist of Fate on HBK and eliminating the legend. Matt made the mistake of trying to get in the way of the brothers, and wound up being choked out by a Gogoplata from the Undertaker.

The Brothers of Destruction wound up being the final two combatants. It was an absolutely epic battle between them, each of them sitting up from each others’ chokeslams and matching each other move for move. Kane, however, hit his brother with his own version of the Tombstone Piledriver, shocking the audience to win the WWE Championship.

-----

Shit, the game continues to write storylines for me. Now I have an easy setup for a Kane/Taker Inferno Rematch, Orton trying to run SD, plus Tazz and Big Show as champions. Gonna be fun.</font>

Evil Vito
01-16-2009, 12:45 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Alright, got some free time so I decided to do another show. The Great American Bash - using strictly my SmackDown and WCW rosters.

---

<b><u>Great American Bash, presented by SmackDown and WCW

United States Championship</u>
Big Daddy V vs. Trevor Murdoch (C)</b>

The quarter-ton colossus Big Daddy V has been at Trevor Murdoch’s throat ever since Murdoch pulled off the monumental upset by pinning V at Vengeance to win the title. However, the sheer size difference made it seem as though Murdoch had his work cut out for him, making him the huge underdog.
Right from the get-go, Murdoch attempted to get the big guy down, but it was all for naught as V managed to keep muscling out of Trevor’s moves and holds. V connected with the Ghetto Drop, but much like at Vengeance – Trevor managed to wake up and play possum! However, this time, V kicked out at 2. A running elbow splash proved to be too much, and Big Daddy V was declared the new United States champion.

<b><u>First Blood Match</u>
Tommy Dreamer vs. MVP</b>

Still upset over being drafted away from ECW, Tommy Dreamer continues to wear the shirt of his old company with pride. MVP says that he doesn’t blame Tommy for wanting to be in the only place where he could succeed. Tommy takes offense to this and challenges MVP to a hardcore-style match: first blood.
Tommy proved to the world why he is the innovator of violence. Both men tore at each other with flurries of punches, kicks, and knees to the head in hopes of forcing the other man to wear the crimson mask. The match was very reminiscent of the old ECW, hence why Tommy seemed to be perfectly in his element. In the end, a Dreamer DDT sealed MVP’s fate. SmackDown’s highest paid superstar was no longer seeing green, but seeing red.

<b><u>Over-the-Top-Rope Battle Royal for the Cruiserweight Title</u>
Brian Kendrick vs. Jesse vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Paul London vs. The Miz vs. Jimmy Wang Yang</b>

A former WCW and SmackDown tradition, the Cruiserweight Title was to be brought back from retirement. 6 of the top high fliers from the two shows converged to the ring to compete to determine a new champion.
All 6 men ran around the ring thrusting haymakers at one another to open the bout. Jesse was the first man to be sent packing, being thrown by The Miz to the outside of the ring onto his partner Festus. Paul London was sent out next by former rival Chavo Guerrero. However, Chavo celebrated a little bit longer than he should have as he was then knocked out by Jimmy Wang Yang. Miz and Kendrick, both egotistical superstars, attempted to forge an alliance against Yang, but before long Miz turned on Kendrick, sending him out in the process. A well-placed cheapshot enabled The Miz to toss out the redneck Yang, sealing The Miz the victory and giving him his first taste of singles gold.

<b><u>The Great Khali vs. Batista</u></b>

This match was a huge task for Batista. Mr. McMahon stated that, because Batista had received so many title matches in the past, he would need to defeat Randy Orton’s enforcer, The Great Khali, before he could receive another chance.
With the size advantage, as always, in favor of the Punjabi Giant, it didn’t look good for Batista from the get-go. Batista took a lot of damage and ultimately received a Choke Bomb. Shockingly, Batista managed to kick out at 2 and continue on. From there, Batista mounted something of a comeback. Batista set Khali up for what would be the biggest Batista Bomb ever, but he couldn’t lift the mammoth Khali. One Vice Grip later, and that was it. Batista will NOT be contending for the championship.

<b><u>William Regal’s Open Challenge</u></b>

The British superstar felt as though he was besmirched for not being booked on the card. Thus, he issued an open challenge to any SmackDown or WCW superstar that wanted to take him on. What he wasn’t suspecting, however, was for that challenge to be answered by the freaky Boogeyman.
Regal seemed understandably hesitant to tie-up with the creep, and that uncertainty cost him in the early going, as Boogeyman combined several striking attacks along with a lot of gesticulation to keep Regal off his game. Sensing that he was nearing his end, Regal managed to hit Boogeyman in the head with a pair of his patented brass knuckles when the referee was out of position to see them, giving Regal a big win.

<b><u>World Heavyweight Championship</u>
John Cena vs. Randy Orton (C) w/ Mr. McMahon</b>

Cena managed to earn the #1 Contendership after he felt that he was screwed over at Vengeance. Orton meanwhile has been on top of the world, with The Great Khali as his enforcer and Mr. McMahon providing him with backing. It seemed like a longshot for Cena to walk out of the Great American Bash as champion, as McMahon himself was looming at ringside.
We saw a back-and-forth battle between arguably the two biggest stars in the company. Neither man could put the other away even after finishing maneuvers were applied. In fact, as Cena took more of a beating, it only seemed to add fuel to his fire. He eventually planted Orton with an F-U, but in a cowardly move, McMahon jumped into the ring and nailed him with the championship belt. Cena got the win by DQ, but McMahon ensured that the belt stayed on Orton.

<b><u>WCW Championship</u>
Triple H vs. Ric Flair vs. Big Show (C)</b>

With no clear-cut number 1 contender being decided between close friends Triple H and Ric Flair, it was decided that the best way to settle it would be to have a triple threat bout for the championship. It would be interesting to see if size played a role in the outcome in this match, as it did in Big Daddy V and The Great Khali’s matches earlier on in the night.
Classic is really the only way to describe this match. There were so many finishers hit and so many nearfalls, that all three participants were screaming at referee Nick Patrick out of frustration. Big Show and Ric Flair were both rendered bloody by the end of the bout. The third man element kept this match going on, as nobody could get a pin or a submission without the third man interfering. Big Show finally appeared to have Triple H rendered unconscious, but before he could make the pinfall, the Dirtiest Player in the Game snuck up behind Show with a quick roll-up for the 3 count. A bloody and battered Ric Flair was the NEW WCW Champion, his 17th World Title reign. The fans went home happy. WOOOOOO!

-----

Awesome main event and a pretty solid show. Got some good stories to work with - although admittedly I'm sort of writing my own WHW Title story at the moment (I controlled Vince and forced the interference).</font>