PDA

View Full Version : Razor Ramon/Scot Hall's debut on WCW Nitro

The Mackem
03-23-2004, 02:06 PM
Can somebody explain this to me? I've got a video clip of it, why was it such a big shock?

Rob
03-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Nobody outside the know even knew Scott Hall had left the WWF. He turned up out the blue (which wasn't the norm then) and walked, talked and dressed like Razor Ramon. He also spoke like he was from the WWF invading WCW.

Invasion = Every fans dream until Vince McMahon got his hands on it.

The Mackem
03-23-2004, 04:15 PM
So the commentators and wrestlers shock was true?

loopydate
03-23-2004, 04:45 PM
So the commentators and wrestlers shock was true?

No, that was a good sell job. The crowd was completely taken aback, though. THEIR reaction was legit. This was just at the start of the Internet boom, so nobody knew the "backstage dirt" like a lot of fans do now. It would be like Sting showing up on RAW next week with absolutely NO ONE leaking it.

The Forgotten One
03-23-2004, 05:16 PM
No, that was a good sell job. The crowd was completely taken aback, though. THEIR reaction was legit. This was just at the start of the Internet boom, so nobody knew the "backstage dirt" like a lot of fans do now. It would be like Sting showing up on RAW next week with absolutely NO ONE leaking it.

:drool: Over the fact of that EVER happening.

Watson
03-24-2004, 12:18 AM

Well said.

Kane Knight
03-24-2004, 02:15 AM
Hey, loopy just said Sting is coming back!

*three days later it's confirmed on 90% of the internet wrestling sites*

;)

Shaggy
03-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Invasion = Every fans dream until Vince McMahon got his hands on it.

If thats not the truth then I dont know what is.

KayfabeMan
03-24-2004, 11:01 AM
One of the all-time best moments from WCW Nitro,IMO.

Rob
03-24-2004, 02:31 PM

No it wouldn't. If he showed up on Raw, EVERYONE would know he is a WWE wrestler. Sting showing up on Raw in 1997 on that cable deal thing he did and smacking Shawn Michaels with a baseball bat would be similar but even then it wouldn't as good as what WCW did with Scott Hall.

Loose Cannon
03-24-2004, 02:34 PM
That footage is on the Monday Night Wars DVD. Great DVD by the way. One of the best I've ever bought.

The Outlaw
03-24-2004, 07:40 PM
One of the all-time best moments from WCW Nitro,IMO.

No doubt about it.