PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva vs Chuck Liddell - UFC 95

RP
11-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Its basically on. Alot of smoke, but its gunna happen. Its in England or London or something. Havent all those cards been free on Spike to this point? No way this one is free right?

Impact!
11-19-2008, 07:12 AM
Bye bye Chuck

RP
11-19-2008, 07:18 AM
UFC 95 - Kill Chuck

Destor
11-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Holy fuck that's a huge fight. Where is this being reported?

RP
11-19-2008, 08:16 AM
yahoo. Silva has been asked to be on the show and everyone pretty much knows its Chuck who he'll fight. I bet it'll be official in the next few days.

RP
11-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Its the only logical fight after the Cote debacle. I still say give him Shogun and stop messing around with a washed up Mark Coleman.

RP
11-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Report: Anderson Silva could headline UFC 95, against Chuck Liddell
MMAjunkie.com Staff, MMAjunkie.com
Nov 17, 1:55 pm EST

Buzz Up PrintWhen the UFC returns to London, England, for a show at The 02, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (23-4 MMA, 8-0 UFC) could headline the event—possibly in a non-title fight at 205 pounds against Chuck Liddell (21-6 MMA, 16-5 UFC).

The Sun, a reputable newspaper from the U.K., reported the possibility of the UFC 95 main event overnight.

However, neither fighter has been officially booked for the Feb. 21 event, and the Silva-Liddell fight is only being discussed a possibility.

“SunSport understands middleweight champion Anderson Silva, 33, has been asked to appear on the card, with a potential bout with light heavyweight star Chuck Liddell already being mooted,” the report stated.

If it does pan out, the fight is certain to raise some eyebrows.

While Silva, who’s made easy work of the UFC’s 185-pound division since his arrival in 2006, has been granted permission to fight in the 205-pound division once before, his fight with James Irvin was largely considered pointless. However, with UFC Fight Night 15 being a late-booked event and in desperate need of a main event to counter Affliction Entertainment’s debut event on July 19, the circumstances warranted even a non-ideal booking.

The UFC 95 fight, meanwhile, could be—and perhaps should be—criticized on two fronts. Not only would the light-heavyweight fight put the UFC’s middleweight title picture on hold again (Silva made just two title defenses in 2008), he’d also be competing against a fighter—though surely a future UFC hall-of-famer—who’s lost three of his past four fights and whose stock has never been lower. In fact, the 38-year-old Liddell hasn’t scored a knockout victory in nearly two years.

Liddell is still a draw, and the fight could be marketed. However, a loss for “The Iceman” could be a disaster and force him into retirement. Worse yet, a loss for Silva would greatly impact his standing as the world’s top pound-for-pound fighter and would likely derail any future plans for the 33-year-old Brazilian to fight outside the 185-pound division.

Silva is currently riding a nine-fight win streak, which includes eight consecutive victories in the UFC. None of his UFC fights has gone to a decision, including his most recent title defense. Last month at UFC 90, he defeated Patrick Cote via third-round TKO due to a knee injury suffered by the Canadian fighter.

For the latest on UFC 95, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

Check out more UFC News at MMAjunkie.com. This story originally appeared on MMAjunkie.com and is syndicated on Yahoo! Sports as part of a content-partnership deal between the two sites.

El Fangel
11-19-2008, 08:40 AM
:'(

Impact!
11-19-2008, 08:50 AM
I reckon it'll go down something like this

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1253/whcrk8ka8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Loose Cannon
11-19-2008, 09:15 AM
not a big fan of both guys, but should be a sweet fight

Nark Order
11-19-2008, 10:16 AM
I agree with the article. This fight makes absolutely no sense at all. Why doesn't Anderson Silva just stay at middle weight and fight Bisping or Damien Meia? What does e have to prove against a guy that is having the worst losing streak of his career?

Loose Cannon
11-19-2008, 10:40 AM
$$$$

Nark Order
11-19-2008, 10:43 AM
How is this even considered a draw though? Chuck has been getting trounced on and really doesn't look like much of a threat atm.

Dave Youell
11-19-2008, 10:55 AM
If anything, this could be a way for Silva to officially hang in the 205, if he can destroy Liddell, who’s to say Rampage, Griffin etc couldn’t be next, it’s a whole new pack of dream matches, considering he’s been making light work of the Middle Weights, there’s no one left that could be considered a threat IMO

What’s the deal here, would he have to make the weight? Or as it’s none title can he basically weigh whatever and have the fight as it’s a special one?

Innovator
11-19-2008, 11:11 AM
He'd make the weight, he did for the last fight

Dave Youell
11-19-2008, 11:18 AM
He'd make the weight, he did for the last fight
K, thanks

How feasible is it that he could be champ of both weight divisions at the same time? How often does the title have to be defended?

Kris P Lettus
11-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Couture held the HW and LHW titles at the same time before.. PJ Penn is moving up to fight GSP for the middle weight title.. I think it's a bad move.. It'd be better to have some of the LHW drop down to fight him, with how stacked LHW is right now.. Plus, Chuck is a bad choice.. He is def on a downward spiral and if he lucks out and beats Silva, it would be just that, luck.. Are they really gonna destroy what they spent years creating in the "greatest pound for pound fighter in the world" by putting him in there with a guy who def can still KO people?? The only other thing is if Silva beats Chuck, Liddell is done..

This is a bad match up and I hope it doesn't happen..

Reavant
11-19-2008, 11:26 AM
he should be fighting bisbing not liddel

Reavant
11-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Couture held the HW and LHW titles at the same time before.. PJ Penn is moving up to fight GSP for the middle weight title.. I think it's a bad move.. It's be better to have some of the LHW drop down to fight him, with how stacked LHW is right now.. Plus, Chuck is a bad choice.. He is def on a downward spiral and if he lucks out and beats Silva, it would be just that luck.. Are they really gonna destroy what they spent years being in the "greatest pound for pound fighter in the world" by putting him in there with a guy who def can still KO people?? The only other thing is if Silva beats Chuck, Liddell is done..

This is a bad match up and I hope it doesn't happen..

ummm couture never held them at the same time. Henderson is the only person to hold two mma belts at the same time and he never had to defend both because PRIDE went under right after he got the middleweight (LHW US) belt

Kris P Lettus
11-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Oh yeah, he lost that fight to Ricco, after the Barnett shit.. I guess he was the first UFC fighter to hold two titles in two separate weight classes.. He just didn't do it at the same time..

For some reason I was thinking he was still UFC HW champ for Couture/Liddell 1..

Loose Cannon
11-19-2008, 12:01 PM
It's one of those what I like to call marketing matchups. Yes, Chuck Liddell is on a losing streak, but to me, he still has a lot of name value. Casual fans of UFC have seen Chuck Liddell all over the place and not just on UFC programming. They still see him as a big name, even though he sucks right now.

However, I can see the argument for Bisping because it will take place in England or whatever. To me though, the draw is in Liddell. And this includes tickets plus PPV buys and everything else.

Kris P Lettus
11-19-2008, 12:04 PM
I just think moving the most dominant MW fighter in UFC history up is highway to the danger zone and if anything they should make fighter drop down from LHW..

The Ravishing One
11-19-2008, 12:20 PM
About Silva making weight - Silva walks around at 215 Joe Rogen said a few months back.

If this goes ahead this'll be awesome. But i do think that Silva winning wouldn't prove anything really, it's not like Chucks at the top of his game or anything.

Kris P Lettus
11-19-2008, 12:28 PM
If this goes ahead this'll be awesome. But i do think that Silva winning wouldn't prove anything really, it's not like Chucks at the top of his game or anything.

That and if Chuck wins, it'll hurt Silva much more than it would help Liddell..

Bad match up IMO..

Fabien Barthez
11-19-2008, 12:30 PM
I don't see why it would be the end of Chuck if he lost this fight. Sure it would be 4 losses in 5 fights, but he has lost to Quinton Jackson, who went on to beat Dan Henderson. Keith Jardine, who...... well, he just lost to..

And Rashad Evans. Who was awesome in that fight, Hit chuck with a one shot knockout, that with a split seconds difference, could have gone the other way. Further, if Rashad beats Forrest, then it just proves there is no shame in that loss. It wasn't like Chuck got overwhelmed throughtout that fight.

Alot of MMA fans are so fickle. Less than one year ago, Chuck had probably his best ever fight against Wand. Nobody called him finished then. I appreciate that it's hard to go from Posterboy Main Eventer to a lower situation, but he still has big fights in him.

I mean, Inside the last 5 years, couture has beaten Belfort, Mike Van Arsdale, Tim Sylvia and Gabe Gonzaga. That is it. 4 wins in 5 years. He has a 5 year record of 50% wins.

The last 5 years for Liddell, he beat Tito twice, Couture twice, Vernon White, Jeremy Horn and Wanderlei Silva. That strikes me as more impressive. Remembering he lost a split to Jardine as well, which doesn't indicate dominace, his only other losses of the last 5 years came from the last World Champion, and potentially the next. 8-3. thats over 70% wins in the last half decade. Out of 11 fights, thats pretty good.

So losing to the consensus best in the world won't impact his situation too much. Losing to someone who isn't top 3 in their weightclass would. It would hurt Anderson so much more if he lost. It would be his toughest opposition to date. Bar Hendo maybe.

Kris P Lettus
11-19-2008, 12:36 PM
I still love Liddell, just don't see how this could help anyone further there career.. If Silva beats Liddell, people will say it was because Liddell is past his prime.. If Chuck beats Silva, they fucked up the whole "greatest pound for pound fight in the world" status they've spent the last like 3 years building.. Just doesn't make sense to me..

The Ravishing One
11-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I still love Liddell, just don't see how this could help anyone further there career.. If Silva beats Liddell, people will say it was because Liddell is past his prime.. If Chuck beats Silva, they fucked up the whole "greatest pound for pound fight in the world" status they've spent the last like 3 years building.. Just doesn't make sense to me..

:y:

Kris P Lettus
11-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Also, after the James Irving fight, Silva straight up said that defending his 185 title is much more important to him than proving he can hang at LHW.. Which is how it should be.. One of the greatest fighters in the world defending his title is more important to me than if he can hang with a formerly great fighter who has looked suspect since his loss to Rampage 2 years ago..

dunno

Fabien Barthez
11-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah, but to not put on what could be a fucking awesome fight because of the fickle post-fight comments from the internet and the media could have nixed so many fights before they happened. And it will excel Silva if he wins. It will push him up the LHW rankings for sure. It is exactly what they tried to do for Brock when he came in. First it was Coleman, then Mir. Point is, it was ex-champs he was expected to beat. I also think its Gung Ho for Liddell. It won't matter if he loses, because the next time he loses to anyone, the same things will be said about him, it might as well be the P4P guy. And if he wins, then it might as well be the P4P guy!

Also, feeding Bisping to him would be just as damaging for the company, if not more so. If Silva beats Chuck, he is still the worlds best, If he loses, they have just got a new injection of interest in the biggest draw in MMA history. They have been building Bisping as the international posterboy for some time now. That is why he is going to be a coach on the next TUF. The demands from the International distribution outlets. An aspect of the business will suffer dramatically if Bisping fights Silva.

Kris P Lettus
11-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Lesnar never fought Coleman..

Min Soo Kim
Frank Mir
Heath Herring
Randy Couture

Why do they want Silva being a contender to the LHW title??

The UFC LHW division is by far the most stacked of any division from any promotion.. Why not give him some comp at 185lbs??

Mr. JL
11-19-2008, 12:53 PM
It will be a sweet fight. If Liddell loses, he is pretty much done though. If he wins then he's back.

If Silva wins he's going to propel to another level.

Fabien Barthez
11-19-2008, 01:11 PM
No, Lesnar was meant to fight Coleman, but he got injured and Herring replaced him. But the intention was for him to do second time, what he couldn't do first, and that was beat a former champ to legitimate his pressence.

What main event fights does Silva have left at MW, if Bisping is off the cards for over 6 months with TUF, and fighting Rich or Hendo? There is no point pitting the guy who is the consensus worlds best against anyone but the upper echerlon of LHW talent. I mean what did that Irvin fight do for him?, but at the same time, can't have him walk in and beat anyone they are looking to promote as the future of the sport.

Gertner
11-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Couture should just drop weight, fight Liddel one more time and both retire. It'd be a good send off.

Fabien Barthez
11-19-2008, 01:15 PM
If Liddell loses, he is pretty much done though. If he wins then he's back.

You fucking tool.

May I introduce you to fickle, stupid fucker number 1.

He probably knows very little about MMA, and likes to make sweeping statements with no insight to how he makes them, just proving my point about typical internet 'fans' who shit from the mouth and let it run down their fingers and click 'post'

Next contestant....

El Fangel
11-19-2008, 01:16 PM
My favorite fighter is likely going to get ripped apart. If he loses his career goes farther in the shitter.

Goddamn.

El Fangel
11-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the set-up Fabien

Fabien Barthez
11-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Couture should just drop weight, fight Liddel one more time and both retire. It'd be a good send off.

It will either end with Randy losing the series 3-1, or the big push after for the 5th fight..... Which makes it all pointless.

205 must be where Randy is going, but I think it would be Rampage, Wand or Shogun, to sell it.

Kris P Lettus
11-19-2008, 01:21 PM
No, Lesnar was meant to fight Coleman, but he got injured and Herring replaced him. But the intention was for him to do second time, what he couldn't do first, and that was beat a former champ to legitimate his pressence.

What main event fights does Silva have left at MW, if Bisping is off the cards for over 6 months with TUF, and fighting Rich or Hendo? There is no point pitting the guy who is the consensus worlds best against anyone but the upper echerlon of LHW talent. I mean what did that Irvin fight do for him?, but at the same time, can't have him walk in and beat anyone they are looking to promote as the future of the sport.

That's why they should move some of the smaller 205 guys down to 185.. It would make for better competition at that weight and thin out the over stacked 205 division..

Guys like Machida, Showgun Rua, Luis Cane, etc etc..

Fabien Barthez
11-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the set-up Fabien

Lol, no worries. I mean, you are not wrong. Losing a fight benifits nobody when they are 38, but the ideal that this fight is either going to FORCE Chuck to retire, or invigorate him to being the next LHW champion is so fucking infuriating.....

Fabien Barthez
11-19-2008, 01:25 PM
That's why they should move some of the smaller 205 guys down to 185.. It would make for better competition at that weight and thin out the over stacked 205 division..

Guys like Machida, Showgun Rua, Luis Cane, etc etc..

I feel what your saying, but it's going to be the fighter's decision what weight they fight at at the end of the day. Asking an undefeated Machida to drop weight and enter the division with Anderson Silva as the champion would probably have you laughed out of the building. Same with Shogun, really.

Kris P Lettus
11-19-2008, 01:30 PM
I dunno.. Machida has been good at 205 but there is a long line to the title before him.. Rashad, then either Rampage or Wandy, depending on that fight, then Forrest, if he loses, etc.. Same with Showgun.. He is 0-1 in UFC as LHW.. Both of those guys are on the smaller end of the LHW division and could easily make 185 (I realize that Shogun has fought at HW buit he walks around at like 200lbs).. You think they would turn their noses up at a chance to fight one of the best in the game today, for a UFC title??

I don't think so..

Fabien Barthez
11-19-2008, 01:38 PM
You have got to think that everyone at 205 has considered the drop though. Machida more than anyone in the world should avoid it though. If I was undefeated, they only thing I would change between fights is the dude on the other side of the cage.

But none of these 205 guys are prepared to make the change it would seem, and they are the mostly the guys in Silva's range to fight. SO he must move up. Bisping moved down and he is one fight of a pretty much guarenteed title shot, assumption would expect Henerson to be his counterpart, who also moved down kind of against his desires, so the next guy to move down will have to wait. And if 2 guys move down...?

Mr. JL
11-19-2008, 02:01 PM
You fucking tool.

He probably knows very little about MMA, and likes to make sweeping statements with no insight to how he makes them, just proving my point about typical internet 'fans' who shit from the mouth and let it run down their fingers and click 'post'

Next contestant....

I have been following the UFC since 1995.

So, why don't you take your own advice, (since you KNOW very little-to-nothing about myself and what I know) and stop making sweeping statements about me and my opinions that have no real insight to them.

Fabien Barthez
11-19-2008, 02:08 PM
This is the MMA forum, not the Mr. JL forum.

Sorry for the typo also, I must have been too busy backing up my opinions with valid points. :-\

Rob
11-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Oh yeah, he lost that fight to Ricco, after the Barnett shit.. I guess he was the first UFC fighter to hold two titles in two separate weight classes.. He just didn't do it at the same time..

For some reason I was thinking he was still UFC HW champ for Couture/Liddell 1..

You do know he never beat Liddell for the 205lbs belt right?

Kris P Lettus
11-19-2008, 05:34 PM
I thought he beat him the first time he moved down to 205 for the "interim" title..

:-\

Kris P Lettus
11-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Interim Light Heavyweight Championship: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a4/Flag_of_the_United_States.svg/22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_the_United_States.svg) Randy Couture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Couture) vs http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a4/Flag_of_the_United_States.svg/22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_the_United_States.svg) Chuck Liddell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Liddell)

<dl><dd>Couture won by technical knockout due to strikes at 2:39 of Round 3. Couture becomes the Interim Light Heavyweight Champion, and the first person to win a title in two different weight divisions (Couture was a two-time Heavyweight Champion).</dd></dl>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_43

Reavant
11-19-2008, 06:25 PM
well that still isnt THE belt if you want to be picky. He actuallt beat Tito for the belt.

Kris P Lettus
11-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Semantics..

Rob
11-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Well if he lost to Tito, he would never be recognised as a 205lbs champion so it ain't.

Mr. JL
11-19-2008, 06:37 PM
This is the MMA forum, not the Mr. JL forum.

Sorry for the typo also, I must have been too busy backing up my opinions with valid points. :-\
I was giving an opinion on how I see things going after this fight for both guys.

Chuck's gotten knocked out, lost via decision, won via decision and then just got knocked THE FUCK out again. Another devastating loss and Chuck's going to end up looking like Ken Shamrock; a guy who used to be a great fighter, but now has just lost it and is living off the name and fame he created when he was in his prime.

I just don't see that flying too well in the UFC these days considering how stacked the light heavyweight division is.

Reavant
11-19-2008, 06:56 PM
it's going to be the fighter's decision what weight they fight

With the way UFC makes their contracts and control's their fighters, almost nothing is "the fighters choice." Henderson didnt want to move down to 185 to fight silva. Look for old news stories from when he lost to jackson. He said a couple times he wasnt going to do it. Then Dana stepped in and said he was going to do it.

At the end of the day its the fighting business and they are going to have the fighters do wahts good for them. Now they arent going to fix fights or pay guys off to not take it to the ground, but if a fighter is able to move around in weight classes, then they will make them do it. For example, they can simply not give them fights or take away some of their promotional opportunities (UFC contracts your likeness which means you cant make money off yourself as a fighter such as public appearances or television spots or action figures etc.). Also if the fighter refuses the UFC wont renegotiate the contract or release them all together and say they cant do business with them and this is all technically legal! The point is theres a lot of ways for the UFC to squeeze fighters into doing what they want.

Reavant
11-19-2008, 07:07 PM
I was giving an opinion on how I see things going after this fight for both guys.

Chuck's gotten knocked out, lost via decision, won via decision and then just got knocked THE FUCK out again. Another devastating loss and Chuck's going to end up looking like Ken Shamrock; a guy who used to be a great fighter, but now has just lost it and is living off the name and fame he created when he was in his prime.

I just don't see that flying too well in the UFC these days considering how stacked the light heavyweight division is.

Shamrock? Really? Common now man. Shamrock has fought 8 times since 2002 and won 1 match! And he wasnt even close to fighting the competition that Liddel was facing. The difference between liddel and shamrock is that shamrock can fight scrubs the rest of his career and still have a losing record while liddel could fight the same scrubs and never lose till he retires.

Mr. JL
11-19-2008, 07:15 PM
I still think that he is going to get Shamrock'd if he does not step up against Silva.

And that most of the fights left in him will just be to capitalize on his name value and not for him being one of the most dominate fighters.

Mr. JL
11-19-2008, 07:18 PM
It will be very interesting to see what happens in the Liddel-Silva fight and what happens afterwards. Should be some interesting stuff.

Fabien Barthez
11-19-2008, 07:38 PM
I still think that he is going to get Shamrock'd if he does not step up against Silva.

And that most of the fights left in him will just be to capitalize on his name value and not for him being one of the most dominate fighters.

First of all. Leave my grammar alone.

That is Marquee Value. Randy has it, with a poor record. He lost to Chuck twice and still got a World title shot. Had he proved himself for it? No. Was the buyrate value it would generate be better than over someone else? Of course. Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones have just done the exact same thing against Joe Calzaghe. Sure, they could have won, but they were never the favourites. They took the fights because they were the best options to extract the most revenue from their Marquee Value. You can't hate on a guy who puts his physical health at risk for wanting to make the most money he can.

I personally think Anderson Silva should be Randy's next fight. His record sucks really, and it won't appear much worse with a loss to Silva. And the money it could generate would be just as good as Silva/Liddell will be.

Loose Cannon
11-19-2008, 07:57 PM
You fucking tool.

Next contestant....

what is wrong with you bro? chill out

Kris P Lettus
11-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Everyone has been going crazy today..

Fabien Barthez
11-19-2008, 08:00 PM
With the way UFC makes their contracts and control's their fighters, almost nothing is "the fighters choice." Henderson didnt want to move down to 185 to fight silva. Look for old news stories from when he lost to jackson. He said a couple times he wasnt going to do it. Then Dana stepped in and said he was going to do it.

At the end of the day its the fighting business and they are going to have the fighters do wahts good for them. Now they arent going to fix fights or pay guys off to not take it to the ground, but if a fighter is able to move around in weight classes, then they will make them do it. For example, they can simply not give them fights or take away some of their promotional opportunities (UFC contracts your likeness which means you cant make money off yourself as a fighter such as public appearances or television spots or action figures etc.). Also if the fighter refuses the UFC wont renegotiate the contract or release them all together and say they cant do business with them and this is all technically legal! The point is theres a lot of ways for the UFC to squeeze fighters into doing what they want.

Hendo is another story man. He was the weightclass champion from the rival promotion. He had to fight Silva legitimacy reasons. Not just that, alot of people thought Hendo had a better chance of beating Silva than anyone. And he can't have been too against it, because he fought Palhares at 185 as well.

What weight will he be fighting Rich Franklin?

I understand the options available to UFC, but if they actually forced this, do you really think the last Middleweight title challenger would have been Patrick Cote?

Fabien Barthez
11-19-2008, 08:04 PM
what is wrong with you bro? chill out

It just pissed me off a bit that I try to put forth my opinions in a pretty evidenced and elequent manner regarding fickle comments based on very little, and the following post was just that.

Kris P Lettus
11-19-2008, 08:05 PM
I understand the options available to UFC, but if they actually forced this, do you really think the last Middleweight title challenger would have been Patrick Cote?

I agree..

I think Rich told Dana on one of those last blogs that he was walking around at 195.. Could go either way..

Loose Cannon
11-19-2008, 08:11 PM
It just pissed me off a bit that I try to put forth my opinions in a pretty evidenced and elequent manner regarding fickle comments based on very little, and the following post was just that.

I got you. I just don't want to see this forum turn into the wreslting forum with a zillian threads with posters calling other posters ten thousand different names

Fabien Barthez
11-19-2008, 08:15 PM
And I don't want the integrity of interesting discussions ruined by people who don't even care to read what is said before them, or attept to contribute to the discussion.

Not, unlike the wrestling forum. But without the kayfabe innuendo 'jokes' that follow everything ever said.

Mr. JL
11-20-2008, 12:06 AM
I was merely posting what I believe is going to happen in the event of a win or a loss from the two fighters. You are just a spazz and taking things a little too seriously.

Impact!
11-20-2008, 08:38 AM
I agree..

I think Rich told Dana on one of those last blogs that he was walking around at 195.. Could go either way..

Think he said 215

Rob
12-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Franklin didn't walk around at anything close to 195 when he fought at middleweight.

Reavant
12-04-2008, 01:29 AM
Hendo is another story man. He was the weightclass champion from the rival promotion. He had to fight Silva legitimacy reasons. Not just that, alot of people thought Hendo had a better chance of beating Silva than anyone. And he can't have been too against it, because he fought Palhares at 185 as well.

What weight will he be fighting Rich Franklin?

It doesnt change the fact that henderson still didnt want to drop. Also any future fights still at 185 doesnt mean he wants to be doing that rather than hes being told this is where you are going to fight.

Anyway with the Cote comment, the only reason Cote was the challenger to Silva was because Dana white opened his big mouth before his fight with Almaida. He thought Almeida was going to kill him and so did many other people and Dana was hoping he was still as good as he was 4 years ago.

Reavant
12-04-2008, 01:31 AM
I agree..

HAHA if he was walking around at 195 hed be fighting at 170