PDA

View Full Version : Dolph Ziggler

Dorkchop
12-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Did I actually find him entertaining against Batista?

Lock Jaw
12-03-2008, 08:37 PM
I know I did. He got in a surprising amount of offense and there was a faint "Ziggler" chant going.

DaVe
12-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Yes, that might've been it. I enjoyed him too.

Also, it's good to be back.

Dorkchop
12-03-2008, 08:41 PM
What surprised me the most was that he got a reaction. Now I can't wait to see him in the ring next week on Raw. I just hope he doesn't squash someone. Squash matches are meant for boring hosses. I guess I should hope D'Lo has the night off.

Londoner
12-03-2008, 08:45 PM
I liked him also tbh, surprisingly!

Dorkchop
12-03-2008, 09:10 PM
From what I've seen I like his style. His elbow drop to Batista was pretty sweet and reminded me of WCW, vs nWo Revenge. I wonder how he can carry himself in a nice lengthy match

<div><object width="480" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k7b72xDPPbTp9ERtXL&related=1&canvas=medium"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k7b72xDPPbTp9ERtXL&related=1&canvas=medium" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="285" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7l7b9_raw-120108-batista-vs-dolph-ziggler_sport">RAW 12/01/08 - Batista vs Dolph Ziggler</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/BuuPetit">BuuPetit</a></i></div>

Juan
12-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Yeah, that kick he delivered from the outside was pretty sweet looking.

Johnny Rockstar
12-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Nice little match there. Also gotta dig his greasy 1991 WCW mullet.

Xerzes
12-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Yeah, that kick he delivered from the outside was pretty sweet looking.

IC Champion
12-04-2008, 02:04 AM
He was actually decent, wasn't he is Spirt Squad?

Juan
12-04-2008, 02:17 AM
Yup, NICKY!

FourFifty
12-04-2008, 04:00 AM
I cannot stand Dancin' Dave anymore.....

#BROKEN Hasney
12-04-2008, 04:01 AM
I cannot stand Dancin' Dave <s>anymore</s>.....

Tb1
12-04-2008, 04:03 AM

:y:

Yeah. Actually gotten worse lately. My friends a Bats mark, and I cannot for the life of me understand why.

FourFifty
12-04-2008, 04:06 AM
During his Evolution run and his the start of his face turn I was a Dancin' Dave Mark. But now he does his little interptive dance on the way to the ring, his ring work is mid card at best, and I swear to christ that Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz is a better promo than him.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-04-2008, 04:09 AM

Yeah. Actually gotten worse lately. My friends a Bats mark, and I cannot for the life of me understand why.

Maybe he has a thing for greased up roid abusers?

Tb1
12-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Actually, you're completely right.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
12-04-2008, 08:34 AM
http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3752/batistasmiley8fe.gif

Optimus Bone 69
12-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Kind of reminded me of Curt Henning

Mr. Nerfect
12-04-2008, 12:01 PM
I really enjoyed Dolph Ziggler on RAW. Maybe it's because the horrible name and the suspension made me completely lose interest in the very talented Nick Nemeth, but he just completely took me by surprise.

Is there some sort of heat on Batista? Between losing the World Heavyweight Championship as fast as he did, having his team lose to Team Orton, almost being an afterthought in main event happenings and almost getting pushed to the limit by Ziggler, I'm wondering if Batista and Brian Kendrick light it up together backstage at PPVs.

Anyway, the cheesy name, the nice guy attitude quickly spoiled by disrespect -- these are becoming charms and quirks that I could find myself liking. Dolph Ziggler for future Intercontinental Champion? I certainly hope so.

Dark-Slicer Diago
12-04-2008, 12:21 PM
This Ziggler gimmick is quite impressive thus far, I just hope they don't drop the ball with it like they did so many other chances.

Mr. Nerfect
12-04-2008, 12:52 PM
This is the first time in a while I've actually marked out for a guy -- even mildly. It just doesn't happen much anymore. If they can keep it up, more power to them.

One thing Ziggler does well, is draw heat. He's actually yet to do anything heelish since debuting. He stood with the heels in the Lumberjack Match between Randy Orton and CM Punk, I believe, but besides that, he's just introduced himself. Granted, they were in Batista's hometown, but it wasn't just nothing for Ziggler, it was good heat. And a few "Ziggler" chants coming from the audience.

BigDaddyCool
12-04-2008, 12:56 PM
This is the first time in a while I've actually marked out for a guy -- even mildly. It just doesn't happen much anymore. If they can keep it up, more power to them.

One thing Ziggler does well, is draw heat. He's actually yet to do anything heelish since debuting. He stood with the heels in the Lumberjack Match between Randy Orton and CM Punk, I believe, but besides that, he's just introduced himself. Granted, they were in Batista's hometown, but it wasn't just nothing for Ziggler, it was good heat. And a few "Ziggler" chants coming from the audience.

So, you don't mark out for Mike Knox, Jack Swagger, Charlie Haas, um, who else is boring that you always carry on and on about that actually wrestles? Anyhow, I'm calling bullshit.

BTW, I have no problem with Dolph Ziggler. In fact him going around and introducing himself is an angle i thought could work back in the day. I hope he doesn't violate the wellness program again.

RGWhat316
12-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Wow, my first post i can make in about 2 weeks. But that actually wasn't too bad of a match. I fully expected Dolph to be squashed in about a minute match if that. But that was fairly entertaining. Maybe Dolph can make some noise.

The Franchise
12-04-2008, 03:41 PM

The only times I have REALLY enjoyed Batista was in the Punjabi Prison vs Khali (surprisingly) and WM 23 against Taker.

Mr. Nerfect
12-04-2008, 08:40 PM
So, you don't mark out for Mike Knox, Jack Swagger, Charlie Haas, um, who else is boring that you always carry on and on about that actually wrestles? Anyhow, I'm calling bullshit.

BTW, I have no problem with Dolph Ziggler. In fact him going around and introducing himself is an angle i thought could work back in the day. I hope he does violate the wellness program again.

Nope. Not really. I think Jack Swagger has got a world of potential, but he's never made me "mark out." I think Mike Knox is solid for a brawler, and I really enjoyed his matches with Matt Hardy, Evan Bourne and Finlay on ECW. Charlie Haas being allowed to do something is cool, but will it actually go anywhere?

The last guy I marked out for was probably The Brian Kendrick.

BigDaddyCool
12-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Yeah, and what happened to the Brian Kendrick? A lot of nothing. Have you not learned, you liking someone is the kiss of death.

Mr. Nerfect
12-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Yeah, and what happened to the Brian Kendrick? A lot of nothing. Have you not learned, you liking someone is the kiss of death.

I like Chris Jericho, and he won the IC Title and two World Heavyweight Titles this year. The Kendrick's career is not over yet. Get off the pot. That's advice I'd give Kendrick, too.

BigDaddyCool
12-05-2008, 04:12 PM
No, Kendrick's career is over. Also Jericho won the ic title only because they had to pull it off of Jeff Hardy. That and jericho's second title run this year was only so they could take it off batista without having him job to cena, thus allowing them to set up "cena bats 2: this time its for the title" at mania.

BigDaddyCool
12-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh, almost forgot, Jericho's first world title run only came about because of some lame duck booking, and it completely sucked as well.

KingofOldSchool
12-05-2008, 06:55 PM
it completely sucked as well.

Much like Jericho's current run.

BigDaddyCool
12-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Ziggler is ok, from that one match. I'll want to see more like it before saying he is going to be great.

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2008, 10:40 PM
No, Kendrick's career is over. Also Jericho won the ic title only because they had to pull it off of Jeff Hardy. That and jericho's second title run this year was only so they could take it off batista without having him job to cena, thus allowing them to set up "cena bats 2: this time its for the title" at mania.

Nah, Kendrick's career is still going. At least for the moment. Hardy was suspended after he dropped the IC Title to Jericho. One could guess that the WWE held off on his suspension until he dropped the belt to Jericho, but if you believe Jericho and sources, they didn't actually do that. It was to build to a Jericho/Hardy rivarly heading into Money in the Bank.

Jericho's first run this year seemed like it was a reward for his great work. Just a week prior you heard reports of how Vince McMahon was really digging Jericho's work.

I don't buy the second reign story. Batista held the World Heavyweight Title 8 days. The WWE had already been advertising Cena for Armageddon. Batista has also been made to look pretty...well, unspectacular in recent weeks. Losing to Team Orton (when really, Batista's team seemed like the logical choice as winners). Not to mention Cody Rhodes, Manu and Dolph Ziggler all getting in way more offense on Dave than would normally be expected of them. He also only got a lukewarm pop when he came out on RAW with the World Heavyweight Title. I think there are a number of factors contributing to Big Dave losing the belt.

Besides, regardless of what spin you put on them, they are World Title reigns. And each has a flip story that has just as much evidence supporting it. So, in other words, you just need to shut the fuck up because you don't really know.

:| Jericho isn't champion. Also, his promo on RAW this week was fantastic.

Afterlife
12-05-2008, 11:12 PM
It's good to see him DO something.

Afterlife
12-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Dolph, I mean. Not Batista.

BigDaddyCool
12-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Nah, Kendrick's career is still going. At least for the moment. Hardy was suspended after he dropped the IC Title to Jericho. One could guess that the WWE held off on his suspension until he dropped the belt to Jericho, but if you believe Jericho and sources, they didn't actually do that. It was to build to a Jericho/Hardy rivarly heading into Money in the Bank.

Jericho's first run this year seemed like it was a reward for his great work. Just a week prior you heard reports of how Vince McMahon was really digging Jericho's work.

I don't buy the second reign story. Batista held the World Heavyweight Title 8 days. The WWE had already been advertising Cena for Armageddon. Batista has also been made to look pretty...well, unspectacular in recent weeks. Losing to Team Orton (when really, Batista's team seemed like the logical choice as winners). Not to mention Cody Rhodes, Manu and Dolph Ziggler all getting in way more offense on Dave than would normally be expected of them. He also only got a lukewarm pop when he came out on RAW with the World Heavyweight Title. I think there are a number of factors contributing to Big Dave losing the belt.

Besides, regardless of what spin you put on them, they are World Title reigns. And each has a flip story that has just as much evidence supporting it. So, in other words, you just need to shut the fuck up because you don't really know.

All I see is: Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

KingofOldSchool
12-05-2008, 11:56 PM
:| Jericho isn't champion. Also, his promo on RAW this week was fantastic.

Where did I say that he was?

BigDaddyCool
12-06-2008, 12:02 AM
:| Jericho isn't champion. Also, his promo on RAW this week was fantastic.Where did I say that he was?

You must forgive noid, he can't argue anything without putting words in other people's mouths. Even then he still has trouble winning.

Oh, and now noid will porbably claim that antognist are ganging up on him, or that I'm being some sort of hypocite. He will claim this because I just put words into his mouth completely ignoring the "probably."

Afterlife
12-06-2008, 10:44 AM

Right there. "Current", you see, means "current".

You must forgive noid, he can't argue anything without putting words in other people's mouths. Even then he still has trouble winning.

Oh, and now noid will porbably claim that antognist are ganging up on him, or that I'm being some sort of hypocite. He will claim this because I just put words into his mouth completely ignoring the "probably."

It has nothing to do with hypocracy. You're just jumping on any chance to attack a guy, regardless of what's going on. A guy whose posts you don't even read, if your claims are to be taken seriously.

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2008, 03:09 AM

BDC was talking about Jericho's first run as World Heavyweight Champion, and said it sucked, and you said his current run sucks. I assumed that we were on the topic of World Title runs, seeing as that was the subject being discussed.

Sorry, I didn't realise you had changed the point of discussion. Easy mistake to make seeing as their was no indicator of such.

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2008, 03:15 AM

No, I'm just going to cringe at your lack of grammar, which you can't even pull off in style. e.e. cummings, you aint//. The idea of "winners" in internet arguments usually removed from any sort of factual discussion, and instead based around who is a bigger douche, who said what, what was intended to be said, and making assumptions about what the other person is thinking when they clearly don't know (or care to know) is ludicrous.

I may have just argued for the sport and recreation of it, but I couldn't for the life of me completely read your post without getting a migraine, and hating the school systems for some reason.

screech
12-07-2008, 03:29 AM
I couldn't for the life of me completely read your post without getting a migraine, and hating the school systems for some reason.

Not on topic, but I have to say that I agree. It happens all too frequently, though he does make the boards entertaining sometimes.

On Ziggler, I liked what I saw. I thought it was cool how he introduced himself to people all the time, I hope he keeps doing that. I was surprised by the match and how good he looked, especially against Dave. I hope we see good things from Ziggler, he's certainly got the talent to be more than a jobber.

Agreed. I was a fan, but he hasn't been the same since Mizark wrecked his day. And for the past few weeks/months, he's just been intolerable. I also hate how he bitched about not being in the main event all the time, but that's another discussion altogether.

Blitz
12-07-2008, 03:35 AM
Anyone else remember the days when a debuting guy was allowed to win his first match?

screech
12-07-2008, 03:41 AM
Anyone else remember the days when a debuting guy was allowed to win his first match?

When they squashed jobbers? Yes, but in the long run does that make a huge difference? I'm not being a douche, I'm really asking.

On a side note, Braden Walker won his debut match, along with his second match and look at the star he is now. I don't think Ziggler could ever be as great as Braden Walker.

Braden would knock Dolph's brains out with his hands on his hips. :y:

Afterlife
12-07-2008, 04:07 AM
When they squashed jobbers? Yes, but in the long run does that make a huge difference? I'm not being a douche, I'm really asking.

On a side note, Braden Walker won his debut match, along with his second match and look at the star he is now. I don't think Ziggler could ever be as great as Braden Walker.

That's a good question:

If you win your debut, it's against a jobber, which illustrates that you're good enough to beat a guy that everyone can beat. If you lose your debut, it's against a top tier monster, which illustrates that you weren't good enough to start where you started, and maybe you should start out against some jobbers. Either way, debuts are rarely impressive when it comes to the pinfall. It's the match itself you need to watch.

screech
12-07-2008, 04:12 AM
Right. Even guys who go undefeated for a while don't make it much further after that. I know this is just one example, but look at Ricky Ortiz. He's undefeated in WWE (on TV anyway), but he's doing it on ECW. Being as bad, or at least unrecognized (by fans and WWE themselves really) as ECW is, what good is that going to do for him a year from now?

Afterlife
12-07-2008, 04:22 AM
THat depends. Say he moves to SD and continues said streak, even for a while. It'll be building on his credibility as a force, but it will also help the reputation of ECW. Personally, he's so damn generic I don't care what he does. But the point doesn't rest on him, but the idea of the story. Bottom line: his streak, if continued beyond ECW, will help ECW's credibility more than it will help his. But what he DOES with the streak will help them both.

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2008, 04:31 AM
Undefeated streaks can be awesome, but as Goldberg proved, if you get over because of them, often you don't have much life past them. A lot of people can't see The Undertaker wrestling post-WrestleMania streak. Why is that? Because guys become so dependant on these things. There's no reason why Taker could not work another WrestleMania after losing to someone at the previous Mania.

One good thing about losing in your debut, or losing in general, is that if you can get over despite it, it proves some kind of invariable quality to you. A guy who can look good losing can probably look good winning, whereas a guy who looks good winning can often look like crap losing.

There's just more value and more benefit to a guy who can both win and lose well, than a guy who needs to keep going over to stay over.

Blitz
12-07-2008, 02:50 PM

I flat out do not understand the line of thought of hyping guys up over weeks or months, and then having them lose in their debut. What's the point?

screech
12-07-2008, 02:53 PM
I flat out do not understand the line of thought of hyping guys up over weeks or months, and then having them lose in their debut. What's the point?

I wish I could answer that, but I really don't know either. Fans immediately lose interest in someone who can't live up to their hype, and said wrestler is relegated to jobber duty, or wished well in his future endeavors.

Rollermacka
12-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Maybe it's just me but maybe they should team him together with Mr. Kennedy. They are both solid wrestlers who's gimmicks could kinda work together, it would work better though if Kennedy still wore the suit and would pop out randomly backstage and scream his name.

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Batista is a former four-time World Heavyweight Champion, and generally considered one of the best guys in the WWE. If Ziggler can hang with him in his first match, he has the potential to really go far. I see no damage in this loss.

And I am going to throw it out there again -- I really want to see a Dolph Ziggler/Jack Swagger tag team.

BigDaddyCool
12-09-2008, 11:52 AM
So, R-Truth v Ziggler was a snooze fest from some of the reports I've read. I remember watching it, and it was kinda boring, so he is 1 for 2 on his outings.

Plus Ziggler & Swagger as a team would be dumb. They are on different shows.

.44 Magdalene
12-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah, aside from being able to joke about his name

THE BIG ZIGGLER

IT'S ZIGGLE TIME

BIGGLEDY ZIGGLEDY

FO' ZIGGLE MAH NIGGLES

I really don't know why anybody likes this motherfucker. I guess it's a Mike Knox thing.

BigDaddyCool
12-09-2008, 01:42 PM
It is a noid thing. If a new wrestler puts on a decent first match, noid is all over them.

.44 Magdalene
12-09-2008, 01:44 PM
THICK AND ZIGGLEY

ZIGGLE 'DEM TIGOL'BITTIES

BigDaddyCool
12-09-2008, 01:56 PM
you are wierd.

Kane Knight
12-09-2008, 04:23 PM
you are wierd.

Weird he may be, but .44 uses reasoning and logic, and that's rare on here.

My Final Heaven
12-10-2008, 01:42 AM
Before coming in this thread, I was thinking there might be something going on with Dancin' Bats. People are actually getting offense in on him, & he's starting to do something that could be interpreted as "taking the fall" in matches. I wonder if someone in the back gave him a stern talking-to? :?:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B2UGAkbF1Mk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B2UGAkbF1Mk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

THE BIG ZIGGLE!

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2008, 03:18 AM
It is a noid thing. If a new wrestler puts on a decent first match, noid is all over them.

Yeah, because I'm the only guy on here that has said they were impressed with Dolph Ziggler in his first outing.

I haven't seen his second match, but I imagine it would be pretty OK.

Also, BDC, for the love of God -- RAW and ECW are linked via the talent exchange. ECW guys (like Swagger) and RAW guys (like Ziggler) can appear on each other's show. ECW and SmackDown! have the same relationship. The only two brands that don't have a talent exchange agreement are RAW and SmackDown! (but even then there are occasionally cross-over appearances).

BigDaddyCool
12-11-2008, 09:42 AM
I saw the second match, it was boring, and I couple of sloppy spots.

Also, I'm aware of the talent exchange, but besides well established tag teams, like the Hardies and DX, they don't really have any tag team where the partners are techincally of different shows, talent exchange or not.

Plus, how many tag teams up cocky young/up and coming heels does WWE need, they already have Miz and Morrison and Simply Priceless. Swagger and Ziggler would seem more like watered down Johnny come latelies and in the end it would hurt their chance of getting over. Being single stars gives them a chance. If Miz and Morrison break up in the near future and they do some shuffling around with the Legecy's line up, then maybe Ziggler and Swagger could team up, but it seems pointless by then.

Kane Knight
12-11-2008, 10:51 AM
WWE does often tend to do things in threes. Though more to the point, it always surprises me when the same fans who want something new and different clamor for more of the same.

And to be fair, Noid, you might not have been the only one who said they were impressed. On the other hand, you were the only one talking IC Championship that I can really see.

.44 Magdalene
12-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Ziggler's impressive in the sense that I'm impressed with his ability to get on television without actually doing anything amazing

Kane Knight
12-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Ziggler's impressive in the sense that I'm impressed with his ability to get on television without actually doing anything amazing

You just blew my mind, dude.

BigDaddyCool
12-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Zigglers got the knock out kick on the apron, but that won't win him any titles without it being falls count anywhere.

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2008, 07:26 PM
I saw the second match, it was boring, and I couple of sloppy spots.

Also, I'm aware of the talent exchange, but besides well established tag teams, like the Hardies and DX, they don't really have any tag team where the partners are techincally of different shows, talent exchange or not.

Plus, how many tag teams up cocky young/up and coming heels does WWE need, they already have Miz and Morrison and Simply Priceless. Swagger and Ziggler would seem more like watered down Johnny come latelies and in the end it would hurt their chance of getting over. Being single stars gives them a chance. If Miz and Morrison break up in the near future and they do some shuffling around with the Legecy's line up, then maybe Ziggler and Swagger could team up, but it seems pointless by then.

No offense, but I'll reserve judgment until I've seen the match myself. I don't trust your opinion at all.

Anyway, just because there are currently no RAW/ECW tag teams, doesn't mean there can't be. Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler wouldn't so much be a cocky team as a pair of assholes (with Ziggler of course pretending to be friendly and respectful outside the ring) with amateur backgrounds. Their gimmick would be nothing like John Morrison & The Miz.

They might do well as singles wrestlers. Swagger, in particular, looks to be on the rise. But that being said, they may be pushing him too fast, and if they stop pushing him, they may lose his direction all together. A tag team run polishes him off some more, and gives him a purpose.

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2008, 07:32 PM
WWE does often tend to do things in threes. Though more to the point, it always surprises me when the same fans who want something new and different clamor for more of the same.

And to be fair, Noid, you might not have been the only one who said they were impressed. On the other hand, you were the only one talking IC Championship that I can really see.

My God. You consider calling a mid-carder IC Title worthy me blowing the guy? Santino Marella was the previous IC Champion. Before him, it was Kofi Kingston, fresh into his stint on RAW after coming over from ECW. Guys have won the title in their debut.

Also, if you see similarities between Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler and John Morrison & The Miz, then it is their heel status and their potential awesomeness. It always surprising me when the same fans who rib someone for saying they want something new and then wanting "more of the same" cannot understand the principal of wanting things that don't work to be changed, while wanting more of the same of something that works and works well.

I'm sorry, .44, but I don't really understand what you're trying to say here. How could Ziggler do anything impressive if he hasn't been on TV? If you're counting his stuff in OVW, DSW or FCW, then I'd say he actually has some impressive stuff down there. If you're referring to his run in The Spirit Squad, I'd say that while the gimmick was stupid, they did well for what they were given so early on.

In a company that had Snitsky employed for like four years, can you really be surprised at a guy like Ziggler getting a shot?

Kane Knight
12-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Oy vey.

BigDaddyCool
12-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah, a 3 match winning streak on ECW is a hard fast push. Shut the fuck up.

Kane Knight
12-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Zigglers got the knock out kick on the apron, but that won't win him any titles without it being falls count anywhere.

It'd be a decent way to retain, though.

I mean, if he ever got to that point.

Ziggler's decent, and he might get better. However, when I've heard him talk, all I can think is "nigga please." The gimmick is a dime a dozen, and he's going to need to shed it in the future to be remotely viable.

I loved that kick, BTW.

BigDaddyCool
12-12-2008, 10:21 AM
No offense, but I'll reserve judgment until I've seen the match myself. I don't trust your opinion at all.

It is a forgetable match, as i have forgetten about most of it, but now that I try really hard to remember it, starts off sloppy. Ziggler went for snake eyes or a flapjack or something on R-Truth, but Truth his the top rope hard and fell to the floor, and some broke off, I think it was the tape around Truth's wrist. For the rest of the match Ron was holding his wrist and shoulder. I'm not sure if Truth didn't jump high enough (cause lord knows he can) or if Ziggler botched the move. But the rest of the match just sucked.

I'm not saying Ziggler should be condemd for one suck match any more than he should be praised for one decent match. I just find it odd that he can pull a decent match out of Batista who is lazy and a crap match out of R-Truth who just last year was doing all the work in tag team matches with Pac-Man Jones.

BigDaddyCool
12-12-2008, 10:24 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s9KbwOmTjQE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s9KbwOmTjQE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BigDaddyCool
12-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Also, ziggler has a busted lip by the end.

BigDaddyCool
12-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Also, while that kick ziggler does is sweet, how many more times can he do it with out it becoming boring? Also, how many count out victories can he win? They aren't tainted wins, but they are slightly cheap wins, as you are winning by techincallity not, not pure skill.

Kane Knight
12-15-2008, 10:39 AM
So...BDC posted the match...It's not like there's any need to reserve judgement anymore.

thedamndest
12-15-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm feeling an R-Truth heel turn right now. As for Dolph, good tenacity "From Hollywood, California" has potential. Does he have an actual finish yet? I'm liking his introduction gimmick. We'll see how he does in a longer match; can't brawl your way through that.

Kane Knight
12-15-2008, 11:23 PM
I just watched the match from last night with Santa Clahaas. I found him to be fairly sloppy again, and rather boring. The only thing I thought was entertaining about Ziggler was the attempt to be intense or whatever. He made me think of some bad wrestling parody, so I got to thinking....

Maybe that's the point.

Lock Jaw
12-15-2008, 11:41 PM
He was like a parody of Randy Orton and his Chinlock of Doom.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
12-15-2008, 11:46 PM
I am a Zigglermaniac.

Lux
12-16-2008, 03:46 AM
Plus Ziggler & Swagger as a team would be dumb. They are on different shows.

Raw & ECW are somewhat combined as Smackdown & ECW were awhile back, it could work, watch wrestling more often BDC.

Juan
12-16-2008, 03:49 AM
Yeah, during the Hardy's last tag title run, Jeff was part of the Raw roster while Matt was on SD! and I think even defended them on ECW.

Juan
12-16-2008, 03:50 AM
Unlike Ziggler and Swagger, however, the Hardy's are brothers.

Lux
12-16-2008, 03:51 AM
I could see a potential Ziggler/Swagger duo, it would have to be after they have astablished themsevles however.

Juan
12-16-2008, 04:20 AM
A Ziggler/Swagger team IS possible. Is it probably? Not so much.

BigDaddyCool
12-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Raw & ECW are somewhat combined as Smackdown & ECW were awhile back, it could work, watch wrestling more often BDC.

Besides for Miz and Morrison, it seems like ECW guys mostly stay on ECW.

BigDaddyCool
12-16-2008, 08:30 AM
I find Ziggler unoriginal. He constantly screams his name, stole the from Kennedy. He sorta wrestles like Orton. And he looks like a younger smaller Billy Gunn.

He isn't horrible, he just isn't stand out.

Kane Knight
12-16-2008, 10:35 AM
He was like a parody of Randy Orton and his Chinlock of Doom.

And that's what's so brilliant. He's such an awesome wrestler that he seemlessly integrates boredom into his act to parody the worst in pro wrestling.

Yeah, during the Hardy's last tag title run, Jeff was part of the Raw roster while Matt was on SD! and I think even defended them on ECW.

And DX united across rosters....

So how many non-established tag teams has there been? I know BDC needs to "keep up," as Lux said, but really, these tag teams seem more like "by special request" than "this can happen with anyone, anywhere."

Kane Knight
12-16-2008, 10:36 AM

Didn't they spend like fifteen minutes on Kane last night?

BigDaddyCool
12-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Kane is listed as Raw superstar.

Kane Knight
12-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Well Hell. When did he switch shows? Since ECW stars have been on Raw and S(t)D, I just assumed he was still on Tuesday Night Heat.

thedamndest
12-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Like three-day old pizza, Ziggler was much less exciting the third time.

Nark Order
12-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Really? I thought he was pretty great once again. I know the cocky asshole thing is done all the time but it certainly works for this guy. His facial expresions are pretty priceless.

Lux
12-16-2008, 02:25 PM

Matt Hardy is also an exception to this rule.

thedamndest
12-16-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't know. He pretty much dominated the whole time, but he didn't do anything I haven't seen the last two weeks. Yeah, his expressions are good, and he's got the gimmick down, and his intensity is still good. I'd like to see him work a different type of match, which, oddly enough, has been the Batista match, compared to his other two.

RGWhat316
12-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Well Hell. When did he switch shows? Since ECW stars have been on Raw and S(t)D, I just assumed he was still on Tuesday Night Heat.

Yeah, he was actually drafted to RAW back in June.

Afterlife
12-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Also, I propose that TPWW begins referring to Dolph Ziggler only as "Ziggy".

Kane Knight
12-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Also, I propose that TPWW begins referring to Dolph Ziggler only as "Ziggy".

Do not insult the Zigster.

Kane Knight
12-18-2008, 09:15 AM
BROTHER!