PDA

View Full Version : Finlay and Hornswoggle for Couple of the Year!!!

KingofOldSchool
12-04-2008, 02:24 PM
For the Slammys!

Couple of the Year:

* Santino Marella & Beth Phoenix
* Edge & Vickie Guerrero
* William Regal & Layla
* Finlay & Hornswoggle
------

:lol:

parkmania
12-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Sorry, but I gotta give it to Glamarella, if only because the name reminds me of the old movie Barbarella.

jerichoholicninja
12-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Anyone but Finlay & Hornswaggle, please. I can't wait for Finlay to turn on him and beat the crap out of him like JBL did before Wrestlemania. I'm surprise John Cena and Mickie James weren't an option. Or how about John Cena and a scalpel.

parkmania
12-04-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm surprised that Belty and HHH weren't a choice.

Xero
12-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Next year's nominees:

Shane and Stephanie
Vince and Shane
Santino and Nicole Bass
Vince, Stephanie and Triple H

KingofOldSchool
12-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Next year's nominees:

Shane and Stephanie
Vince and Shane
Santino and Nicole Bass
Vince, Stephanie and Triple H

Don't forget Mike Knox and Evan Bourne for their whole bear/twink dynamic.

Mr. Nerfect
12-04-2008, 09:20 PM
A cold, cynical LOL at Paul Burchill and Katie Lea Burchill not even getting a nomination.

Xero
12-04-2008, 09:24 PM
They never portrayed them as anything else than brother and sister on TV as far as I know, so why would they even be in the running?

For the record, Hornswoggle and Finlay are there because Vince probably finds it hilarious.

Kane Knight
12-04-2008, 10:08 PM
So are they still father and son? I mean, this would be creepy even if they weren't, but if they are...GAWD.

KYR
12-04-2008, 10:10 PM
So are they still father and son? I mean, this would be creepy even if they weren't, but if they are...GAWD.

They decided to shift the incest tease from Burchill and Katie Lea to Finlay and Hornswoggle.

Lock Jaw
12-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Cue Summerslam commercial with Finlay and Hornswoggle frolicking in a field while it talks about romance.

Xero
12-04-2008, 10:58 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QRvJNQc1JXg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QRvJNQc1JXg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Nerfect
12-04-2008, 11:23 PM
They never portrayed them as anything else than brother and sister on TV as far as I know, so why would they even be in the running?

For the record, Hornswoggle and Finlay are there because Vince probably finds it hilarious.

So why would Finlay and Hornswoggle? The relationship between Paul and Katie was never played off as full incestuous, but through some of their exchanges, it was obvious the WWE were trying to creep people out, if just a little bit. I'm thankful they held back.

The WWE obviously isn't referring to couple as in a sexual relationship, so I don't see why Paul and Katie would be discluded.

And yes, Vince probably does think this is the funniest thing since Katie Vick or the last Xero Limit post.

Mr. Nerfect
12-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Also, Edge and Vickie Guerrero should probably win this award. If just for their dominance on SmackDown!. I can actually see Finlay & Hornswoggle taking it, though.

Xero
12-04-2008, 11:41 PM
The WWE obviously isn't referring to couple as in a sexual relationship, so I don't see why Paul and Katie would be discluded.

They use "romance" in the SummerSlam commercial, not "couple" or "freindship". There's only one type of "romance" I know of when concerning a relationship.

Therefore, everything on that list IS of a sexual or "loving" relationship which has been obviously stated on WWE TV.

Kane Knight
12-05-2008, 12:25 AM
They use "romance" in the SummerSlam commercial, not "couple" or "freindship". There's only one type of "romance" I know of when concerning a relationship.

Therefore, everything on that list IS of a sexual or "loving" relationship which has been obviously stated on WWE TV.

Not to mention, your average father and son don't dance around in circles at an intimate picnic for two.

Besides, the poll is intended to have the one non-couple-couple as a punchline. I'm sure Noid already knew that though, with him being a comedian and it being a long-standing comedic device and him being a comedian and all.

Xero
12-05-2008, 12:38 AM
He knows his humor, so he must have known.

Kane Knight
12-05-2008, 12:54 AM
He knows his humor, so he must have known.

Truly. For if us mere laymen understand it, surely Noid knew it.

And understands why it probably wouldn't work as well with the audience if it was Katie and Paul.

Vastardikai
12-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Everytime I see Doink and Dink 2.0, it makes me cry a little...

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2008, 03:10 AM

You've got to be kidding me..

Truly. For if us mere laymen understand it, surely Noid knew it.

And understands why it probably wouldn't work as well with the audience if it was Katie and Paul.

How many times have you been paid for a comedic gig, KK? I'd truly like to know.

Of course I know it is a fucking joke, I said as much. Douche. Who says that The Finlays would need to be taken out for Paul & Katie to be added? I just found it an ominous sign that they were not included. Get off that high horse. You've got far too much girth for it, anyway. Let it ride you.

And for the record -- you two know nothing about me. You put an awful lot of stock into the shaky inferences you've drawn from my presented internet persona, something that tells me that you two may unfortunately be very much like how you come off here in real life. That's the real victory for me. Of course, maybe you aren't douchebags, in which case, good for you.

XL
12-05-2008, 05:12 AM
FFS

Kane Knight
12-05-2008, 09:29 AM

How many times have you been paid for a comedic gig, KK? I'd truly like to know.

Of course I know it is a fucking joke, I said as much. Douche. Who says that The Finlays would need to be taken out for Paul & Katie to be added? I just found it an ominous sign that they were not included. Get off that high horse. You've got far too much girth for it, anyway. Let it ride you.

And for the record -- you two know nothing about me. You put an awful lot of stock into the shaky inferences you've drawn from my presented internet persona, something that tells me that you two may unfortunately be very much like how you come off here in real life. That's the real victory for me. Of course, maybe you aren't douchebags, in which case, good for you.

Settle down, Noid. I was merely recognising your comedic experience, and you go ballistic.

By the way, you said the poll clearly wasn't intended to mean romantic couple. That means you missed the actual joke here, so don't tell me you already said it was a joke.

Kane Knight
12-05-2008, 11:02 AM

Pretty sure that was, in fact, partially tongue in cheek.

You know, since I'm not the one who tries to argue that I know comedy because I'm a professional, I'm not sure this is relevant. The answer is none, but nor do I brag about my experience while missing comedic device after comedic device. Hence, I identified myself as a "layman," which indicates lack of experience.

Now, if I was arguing that I know music because I'm a professional musician, then the number of times I got paid for a gig would actually be relevant. I can't see a lot of places that might come up, though.

Of course I know it is a fucking joke, I said as much. Douche. Who says that The Finlays would need to be taken out for Paul & Katie to be added?

The second sentence tells me you still don't understand the comedic device. The one I explained. The idea is to have an "odd-man-out" pattern. For example:

I thoroughly enjoy the work of credible main eventers such as Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, and Val Venis.

See, you start a pattern, then break it. After a single example, the device loses steam. So yes, by its very nature, this sort of thing requires that Swog and Pop be dropped to put in another couple, which will not get the same reaction from the audience. This is actually quite common in internet polls especially, but in a lot of entertainment polls, period.

I'm not sure how much more thorough I can get.

And for the record -- you two know nothing about me. You put an awful lot of stock into the shaky inferences you've drawn from my presented internet persona

Really, all I did was comment on your claims to be a professional comedian, and your shaky grasp on what others seemed to understand out of the box. Now I'm commenting on your backtracking and attempts to cover your ass, as well as the usual duality of reality vs. Persona.

For example, I'm pretty sure you're lying about being a comedian for cash. Hard to take stock in something you already believe to be a lie (In fact, that was the premise of the crack. Whether or not you think it's funny, you should be able to identify its markers). However, you did claim it. Though as I gather, your internet persona is one that is wrong consistently and so insecure as to fight over even perceived slights. The fact that you then try and "break KAYFABE" and still behave the same way, or that your attempts to say "internet persona" have become so trite BDC predicted this exact exchange last night (Yeah, the dumb redneck can predict you) should say something, but....

But this "you think you know me" crap is weak. Nothing I said really gets into that. I have theories on you, but I'm sure not sharing them here; I'm commenting on what you presented. And I'm doing it without the barrage of insults you lobbed at me. Oh, but I'm sure that part of your tirade was the persona...

That's the real victory for me.

You know what? If you need that kind of victory, you can have it. I won't even argue to defend myself from your claims.

Verbose Minch
12-06-2008, 02:10 PM
I love how every thread is now ruined by the on going bitch fit.

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2008, 04:15 AM
*Sigh* Here we go.

Pretty sure that was, in fact, partially tongue in cheek.

I pray to God that it was. With Xero, you never know.

You know, since I'm not the one who tries to argue that I know comedy because I'm a professional, I'm not sure this is relevant. The answer is none, but nor do I brag about my experience while missing comedic device after comedic device. Hence, I identified myself as a "layman," which indicates lack of experience

Now, if I was arguing that I know music because I'm a professional musician, then the number of times I got paid for a gig would actually be relevant. I can't see a lot of places that might come up, though.

I know comedy because of the following reasons:

1) I can honestly say that I am a funny person. It may surprise you, but guess what -- you don't really know me. I would have never guessed you would get out enough, or have fingers thin enough to be a professional musician, so there you go.

2) I have studied it. Both under tutelage from other professionals in the industry, and in my recreational time. Yes, it's a theoretical approach to something so practical, but I do analyse comedic techniques, both written, in live performance and on-screen.

3) I get paid to do it. Yeah, some hacks make it through the cracks, but if I've gotten to where I am, I either have one of two things: talent or brains. That can often be passed off on to an agent, but I handle all my business myself at this stage of my career.

The second sentence tells me you still don't understand the comedic device. The one I explained. The idea is to have an "odd-man-out" pattern. For example:

I thoroughly enjoy the work of credible main eventers such as Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, and Val Venis.

See, you start a pattern, then break it. After a single example, the device loses steam. So yes, by its very nature, this sort of thing requires that Swog and Pop be dropped to put in another couple, which will not get the same reaction from the audience. This is actually quite common in internet polls especially, but in a lot of entertainment polls, period.

I'm not sure how much more thorough I can get.

Why the fuck are you explaining the joke to me? I get it. Everyone does. No one asked, wanted or learned anything from you "getting thorough." You don't believe I get something as simple as including a father and son pair at the end of a list of "couples?" That's more your loss than mine. What's funnier than the poll is that you actually took the time to explain it, perhaps trying to be condescending, but ultimately saying more about yourself than anyone else.

I'm now going to hit you with some logic: Xero said the poll is for romantic couples. I said that Finlay and Hornswoggle completely destroy that (joke or not). You said it was a joke, which is, first off, irrelevant, but secondly again raises the question "why couldn't Katie and Paul be included?" You're going off the beaten path. I know that Finlay & Hornswoggle are meant to be the odd ducks in there, but what I'm saying is "it doesn't fucking matter."

Really, all I did was comment on your claims to be a professional comedian, and your shaky grasp on what others seemed to understand out of the box. Now I'm commenting on your backtracking and attempts to cover your ass, as well as the usual duality of reality vs. Persona.

For example, I'm pretty sure you're lying about being a comedian for cash. Hard to take stock in something you already believe to be a lie (In fact, that was the premise of the crack. Whether or not you think it's funny, you should be able to identify its markers). However, you did claim it. Though as I gather, your internet persona is one that is wrong consistently and so insecure as to fight over even perceived slights. The fact that you then try and "break KAYFABE" and still behave the same way, or that your attempts to say "internet persona" have become so trite BDC predicted this exact exchange last night (Yeah, the dumb redneck can predict you) should say something, but....

But this "you think you know me" crap is weak. Nothing I said really gets into that. I have theories on you, but I'm sure not sharing them here; I'm commenting on what you presented. And I'm doing it without the barrage of insults you lobbed at me. Oh, but I'm sure that part of your tirade was the persona...

You know what? If you need that kind of victory, you can have it. I won't even argue to defend myself from your claims.

First off, "all you did" was condescend me, accuse me of missing things I didn't, and belittled my ability at one of my professions. That is both personally insulting and, to put it quite simply, wrong. Don't pull the "bigger man" act. Only literally, my friend.

You don't strike me as a perceptive person. You actually strike me as intelligent, but not perceptive. If you were perceptive, you'd have noticed that early on in our arguments, I never used to insult you personally. It was not until you threw maturity out the window by insulting my intelligence (when we are much closer in intelligence than you think, and I would like), putting words in my mouth and started talking down to me like you were some kind of professional at arguing when you weren't really saying much at all that really irked me. The final straw was when you started accusing me of things that you yourself were doing. The irony was incredible, so I started mimicking you with the personal insults, and our arguments have just been so consistent since then I have not stopped the intended ironic mimicking of you. And, I mean, from a technical standpoint, why should I? It's not like our arguments have really grown or changed over time.

You have this ego thing going on, and I have this (as you put it) insecure urge to defend myself. Also, if you were perceptive, I think you would have worked out that insecurity feeds stand-up comedy, and any sort of artist performance really. So many performers are fueled by a desire to prove themselves "creative." I can man-up and admit that I am insecure, but it's why I am good at what I do -- and it's why I don't like you disputing my claims on the mere basis of...well, that you don't believe them. Perception would also lead you to find that a surprisingly lot of comedians seriously discuss matters such as politics in their spare time, and are actually up for series discussion a lot of the time. And that a high percentage of them smoke.

I don't need a victory over you. I've found so many little ways to laugh to myself about our little feuds. I laugh over the irony. I laugh over the fact that we've got so many similarities that we don't acknowledge (although other posters have picked up on it), and I laugh because even though you act high and mighty about your intellect, I can pretty much connect to you so many people I know. I'm friends with a lot of them, so it'd be wrong for me to say you're personality types are bad people, but you're a) so transparent, and b) not as secure as you imply you are, and perhaps most tragic of all, c) nothing special. That is not a claim that I am, I am just pointing it out. There is also something else I've found great humour in, but I haven't brought it to the table, as I don't think it is fair to. Plus, you showed me your courtesies by holding back your (sadly, probably incorrect) theories about me.

And just to clarify again -- I did identify the comedic technique. I obviously didn't express it in terms enough to satisfy you (which is where your ego comes in...as much as I defend myself against you, I don't have to prove anything to you), which, yes, may be my fault. But as you said, it is so simple, I don't see why I would need or be expected to explain it. This "argument" escalated merely from me making a random aside in regards to Paul & Katie Lea (that post itself a comedic device that YOU missed, albeit, granted, simple itself), and then taking Xero seriously when he tried to justify Finlay & Hornswoggle being included, and Paul & Katie not, when the poll is clearly intended to not follow strict qualification rules (BECAUSE of the joke).

It's just a logistics thing you are missing right now. Paul & Katie cannot be dismissed because of Finlay & Hornswoggle, and I was just merely pointing out it was funny that they were. How is that "missing what people get right out of the box?" If you can offer me a convincing reason why Paul & Katie can not be included when Finlay & Hornswoggle are, I'll concede defeat. You can't do that, though. All you can do is put up a straw-man (the only thing I've ever learned from you, ironically), and say "I can't believe you didn't get the joke, professional comedian. I am a mere 'layman' and I get it." You're still on square one. We are now talking square two.

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2008, 04:25 AM
I love how every thread is now ruined by the on going bitch fit.

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous. I don't see why I should have to do it, but I'm thinking I might take an extended leave from this website because it's just not fun to discuss wrestling when every BDC, KK or Xero post is "sarcastic comment belitting positive opinions expressed in thread," "shut up, Noid," or something else that just makes it impossible to discuss what we want to talk about.

I'll admit responsibility in these threads getting out of hand, and I might have to be the bigger man and just walk away, even though I feel it shouldn't just be me to have to take the walk (seeing as I respond to antagonising posts, which BDC has come forth and said he does on purpose -- as I have admitted I respond to him to get him going), but I don't think KK, BDC or Xero have the sense of responsibility to do anything of the sort unless forced.

Afterlife
12-07-2008, 04:29 AM
:nono: at all three of you.

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm sorry, Afterlife. :(

Afterlife
12-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Well, you shouldn't play into their little games so much. That's all.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
12-07-2008, 09:39 AM
I have been neutral on the To Noid or Not To Noid debate, but I think it's time for Noid to unplug his keyboard.

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Well, you shouldn't play into their little games so much. That's all.

I know, but sometimes the fun part of the brain takes over. You know what it's like, in your past run-ins with KK.

I have been neutral on the To Noid or Not To Noid debate, but I think it's time for Noid to unplug his keyboard.

My keyboard doesn't have wires that connect. It's one of those you-beaut advanced ones. And you haven't really been on this particular section of the forums much at all to remain neutral, have you Jabba? :p

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
12-07-2008, 12:27 PM
I mostly just read threads in this forum, rather than reply, since my interest in wrestling is waning.

screech
12-07-2008, 01:41 PM
You crazy kids. :nono:

Anyway, I know the Finlay/Swog option is meant to be a joke, but I just think it's lame. That, and I don't like Swog at all. I was okay with him coming from under the ring and helping Finlay cheat to win, but this crap is horrendous. I'm pulling for Glamarella.

Afterlife
12-07-2008, 01:57 PM

I must Disagree. Noid is very insightful with prognostications and such. He just needs to pick his battles a little better.

Fox
12-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Why don't you guys just put each other on ignore? That would solve everything.

Option two is that the rest of us all put KK and Noid on ignore. But the logistics in organizing that are quite considerable.

Wait, third option. Maybe you guys can just fight the urge to post and be bitches to one another for no particular reason. Nobody finds it impressive anymore, and thats the only reason they do it: to make their point to the TPWW world. So yeah. Three options. 1 and 3 look like the best.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
12-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Noid is very insightful with prognostications and such.
I'm afraid I disagree. Most of his posts seem to be glaringly obvious and predictable, yet obscenely farfetched at the same time.

I don't know how he manages to pull it off, but it gets old really fast (Especially since it seems to take him five pages to say what could be said in one paragraph).

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2008, 05:18 PM
You crazy kids. :nono:

Anyway, I know the Finlay/Swog option is meant to be a joke, but I just think it's lame. That, and I don't like Swog at all. I was okay with him coming from under the ring and helping Finlay cheat to win, but this crap is horrendous. I'm pulling for Glamarella.

But you missed the joke!

Oh wait, no you didn't. :shifty:

This ignore idea sounds good.

Fox
12-07-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm afraid I disagree. Most of his posts seem to be glaringly obvious and predictable, yet obscenely farfetched at the same time.

I don't know how he manages to pull it off, but it gets old really fast (Especially since it seems to take him five pages to say what could be said in one paragraph).

I like Noid. Yeah, his opinions are often overly optimistic to the point of making himself open to ridicule (VV will NEVER be a world champion), but he's poignant, well thought out (in his own universal mind) and often intelligent. He doesn't ALWAYS say stuff about how Kidman should be a IC Champion or some shit (that's a bad example, but you get the point). Sometimes he posts and makes reasonable and logical arguments, both for and against the WWE's storylines and pushes.

KK knows Noid's ways. The only reason he's picking on him so much more frequently now is because the boards were down for so long and he needs "a strawman accusation run fix," so to speak. And unless I'm making threads about 9/11, who better to pick on than Noid?

CIP: It's getting old.

Mr. Nerfect
12-08-2008, 04:11 PM
I appreciate the kind words, Fox. But just to clarify: my optimism is self-aware and I do not believe Val Venis will ever be a World Champion. I have talked about how it could be possible to pull off -- usually in threads with the theme of taking a random wrestler and booking them to be a World Champion, or when people bait me into it by saying it couldn't be done. Any hope I realistically have of Val Venis being a future World Champion is just myth.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
12-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Sure you didn't have your fingers crossed while typing that?

Afterlife
12-09-2008, 08:07 AM
Finger-crossed typing is REALLY hard, Jabba.