PDA

View Full Version : So if Christian were to return...

Tb1
12-11-2008, 04:26 PM
What would you have him be, face or heel?

I'd like to see him heel, at least for a bit. I think he plays both great, but I'd like to see him as the man who attacked Hardy in the stairwell. Also because with so many new kid fans who don't know who the hell he is, I think he'd get the Jericho response and eventually turn anyway.

Discuss.

Kane Knight
12-11-2008, 04:29 PM
I like Christian as a face. I love him as a heel.

screech
12-11-2008, 04:32 PM
This is actually a tough decision for me. I love Christian as a face and a heel because he can play both very well, but I'm not sure which would get the better response. I've heard that Vince is going to push Christian based on the reaction he gets, so I'd want to see him in the role that gets the best reaction. He's a great worker, both in the ring and on the mic, so I want to see him become as great as he can be.

I wouldn't mind seeing him as either, I just want to be able to watch him.

El Fangel
12-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Tweener best suits him. A guy who you are supposed to hate, but love.

IC Champion
12-11-2008, 04:34 PM
I like Christian as a face. I love him as a heel.

Heel Christian is great. He was awesome before he left WWE.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Gay incestuous lover with Edge.

I guess that would make him a heel

FourFifty
12-11-2008, 04:37 PM
I'd like to see him be the John Cena of heels.
Push him as a heel, but everyone cheers for him.

AKin3D
12-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Tweener best suits him. A guy who you are supposed to hate, but love.

Yeah, I mean Christain's more or less always been heel, he's just been the lesser of the two evlis. Though I will say sometimes I really think WWE needs more Faces to help balance out the maineventers, since most are heels.

Juan
12-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Well if he comes in to work with Edge, he'll most likely be heel.

BigDaddyCool
12-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Uppermidcard jobber to put over Cena and Batista.

BigDaddyCool
12-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Oh, sorry I mean he is going to be a heel to put over cena and batista. Doesn't really matter what I want. He lost a step in TNA.

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Christian stepped it up in TNA, I think. He just wasn't in a company that was exactly enabling of "hot commodities" in professional wrestling. He'll be a ton more exciting when he returns to the WWE.

Personally, I'd go with a face appearance for Christian right away. A vignette could explain all there is to know about Christian right away, for the uninitiated, and his natural charisma and sympathetic appearance in the ring would help him get over, I think. Just don't toss away his immature, jive-talking character. We need some Captain Charisma back.

If he's on SmackDown!, and paired with Tyson Tomko, then there are some ready made short-term programs for him with The Brian Kendrick & Ezekiel Jackson and Chavo Guerrero & Bam Neely. But eventually, I would not mind seeing a heel turn for Christian. But for Christian to matter as a heel first, I think people are going to need to invest something in him as a face.

El Fangel
12-11-2008, 07:22 PM
He and Edge need to feud over the title.

Funky Fly
12-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Heelish face.

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2008, 07:39 PM
He and Edge need to feud over the title.

I'm beginning to think that is the only way to do things. However, he might get Chris Jericho'd like that. A big reason Jericho was fumbled at the start was because the WWE brought him in towards the end of the year, and while he demanded main event attention, Jericho did not fit into WrestleMania plans, so they had to remove him from the title scene after just introducing him.

Christian could very easily be an extra wheel in the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania, though. I can very easily see a Triple Threat between him, Edge and Triple H, or a Fatal Four Way with Jeff Hardy thrown in.

Dorkchop
12-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Before he left WWE he was a heelish face. He was still the same Christian, but everyone in the arenas cheered him the the second most. Funny thing is that Angle was getting the biggest pops in the company at that time too and WWE was also trying to keep him heel to put Cena over. That didn't backfire in the least.

As much as I'd love to see him as a face, he's best as a heel. I don't really care what he is as long as he still gets to make fun of everyone

James Steele
12-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Before he left WWE he was a heelish face. He was still the same Christian, but everyone in the arenas cheered him the the second most. Funny thing is that Angle was getting the biggest pops in the company at that time too and WWE was also trying to keep him heel to put Cena over. That didn't backfire in the least.

As much as I'd love to see him as a face, he's best as a heel. I don't really care what he is as long as he still gets to make fun of everyone

I still laugh whenever I think of Angle's promo where he says he hates blacks, Jesus, and puppies.

Heyman
12-12-2008, 03:10 AM
What would you have him be, face or heel?

I'd like to see him heel, at least for a bit. I think he plays both great, but I'd like to see him as the man who attacked Hardy in the stairwell. Also because with so many new kid fans who don't know who the hell he is, I think he'd get the Jericho response and eventually turn anyway.

Discuss.

I'd love to see Christian come in a clown type heel...just as he was in his WWE prime. More than likely however - he would come back as a more serious heel...and possibly turn face somewhere in the long run.

Outsider
12-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Face. They have been lacking a face who is actually over for years now. He has the natural charisma that Bastista lacks and is a far better wrestler than Cena, so both sets of fans should be able to get behind him, instead of having one set of fans booing and the other cheering or just neither caring.