PDA

View Full Version : Chris Benoit now residing in Atlanta?

John la Rock
03-24-2004, 03:05 PM
What the **** is up with that shit?

He's from Edmonton. You don't see other wrestlers like Edge or Jericho saying they're residing in Tampa.

Bad move on the WWE's part :mad:

The Naitch
03-24-2004, 03:13 PM
lol heel turn exclusively to the Edmonton fans :p

Rob
03-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Benoit is actually from Quebec

The Naitch
03-24-2004, 03:18 PM
yeah his last name kinda gave that away :)

Corkscrewed
03-24-2004, 03:50 PM
And we still don't know why they did that. Officially anyway.

Or does he actually live in Atlanta now?

parkmania
03-24-2004, 03:50 PM
Wonder what kinda response he's gonna get now at the PPV...

Rob
03-24-2004, 03:55 PM
He has lived in Atlanta for at least the last 7 years.

The Naitch
03-24-2004, 03:55 PM
blame The Fink ;)

The Naitch
03-24-2004, 03:56 PM
or Finkus Maximus (thats' what I like to call him) :p

Kane Knight
03-24-2004, 03:56 PM
yeah his last name kinda gave that away :)
Dunno. I have many freinds with French last names who do not come from Quebec. :p

The Naitch
03-24-2004, 04:10 PM
true, there are exceptions

on the other hand, KK, your friends have been conspiring against you since day 1 ;) :p

The Naitch
03-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Jon_Kano style

The CyNick
03-24-2004, 07:15 PM
I dont really see the point, Bret was a huge star being billed from Canada. And its lousy timing with the Edmonton PPV coming up. If they had waited until after Backlash that would be one thing, but this seems like one of those dumbass moves.

The Naitch
03-24-2004, 07:27 PM
another WWE cock up to add to the list of many

Funky Fly
03-24-2004, 07:55 PM
In WCW they always annonced Benoit as being from Montreal.

And it is somewhat of a disappointment that he's not actually Edmontonian, but still he's Canadian.

CANADIAN
03-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Sooo stupid, why are they doing this?

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-24-2004, 08:10 PM
Yeah I noticed it as well. It's the little things that they do to fuc</>k things up. Oh well, at least he's got the damned belt.

CANADIAN
03-24-2004, 08:36 PM
http://raw.wwe.com/superstars/benoit_c/index.html says his hometown is Atlanta.

The Naitch
03-24-2004, 08:42 PM
:nono:

The Naitch
03-24-2004, 08:43 PM
soon they'll have Rock hailing from Hollywood California. Actually that wouldn't be that bad...

KingofOldSchool
03-24-2004, 08:43 PM
If I were Benoit I'd want everyone to know I moved to the States too.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-24-2004, 08:50 PM

lol, you're a fuc</>king idiot.

The Naitch
03-24-2004, 08:51 PM
I'd do that to draw heel heat. Pure genius...seriously

Boondock Saint
03-24-2004, 08:52 PM
soon they'll have Rock hailing from Hollywood California. Actually that wouldn't be that bad...

I think they did that during his last heel run, just to get more heat for being a "sell out" or whatever. Not sure though. I know it's back to Miami now though.

Evil Vito
03-24-2004, 09:06 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I think they did it so that at WMXX, in New York of all places, fans would think that they got to see an American win the title in the main event.

God I hope not.</font> :nono:

ColdwaVer
03-24-2004, 09:08 PM
Another thing... why do they announce the Undertaker as being from Texas when we all know he's from Death Valley?!
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
:shifty:

Funky Fly
03-24-2004, 09:33 PM
I'm Canadian, and I'm in the States right now for college. I am not proud of this.

The CyNick
03-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Being Canadian and living in the States isn't the worst thing in the world. You pay less taxes, but you still have access to free health care and on top of that people dont hate you.

Lack of hockey would suck, but thats what satellites are for.

KingofOldSchool
03-24-2004, 09:40 PM
The point is, why the **** should it matter where they say he's from?

Every ****ing person knows he's from Edmotion so why should it matter what Howard Finkel or any other ring announcers say he's from?

It's better than The Island of Yin and Yang or The Sea for crying out loud.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-24-2004, 09:42 PM
It's just always been his gimmick that he was Canadian, it'd be good to pump up that he's born and bread in Canada before his first big title defense in Canada.

KingofOldSchool
03-24-2004, 09:46 PM
It's just always been his gimmick that he was Canadian, it'd be good to pump up that he's born and bread in Canada before his first big title defense in Canada.

Well that's great!

Why should it have to stop just because they said he moved to Atlanta?

I'm certain J.R. will be putting over that Benoit grew up in Edmotion in the next few weeks the way it is.

I just don't see why it is such a problem.

Funky Fly
03-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Being Canadian and living in the States isn't the worst thing in the world. You pay less taxes, but you still have access to free health care and on top of that people dont hate you.

Lack of hockey would suck, but thats what satellites are for.
You say it like you've lived in the States for more than a couple of weeks.

Money is not an issue, free health care is only if you are in Canada (you can't claim it in the States after 30 days) or if you are close enough to the border that you can cross over and go to a Canadian hospital.

The only hockey I get out here is Red Wings vs _____, and I can't get satellite due to being in an apartment that doesn't allow it.

Why the hell don't they have several games a night, like they do on CBC and TSN? :mad:

Paki Crippler
03-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Benoit has been living in GA for a while with his wife and kids. Why on Earth, would they choose now to change where they announce him from?

The timing is horrible.
Besides, since when (unless it's a gimmick to get heat) would a guy change where he hails from to where he's currently residing??

Like when Christian wrestled in Toronto, in order to ensure he wouldn't be cheered they mentioned "now residing in Tampa Florida...."

Why do that to Benoit? Edge has been living in Florida for years - but he's still announced as being FROM Toronto Canada.

Val has always been announced as being from Las Vegas - but that's his character. Val Venis from the township of Markham, Ontario Canada doesn't really work.

The sudden change to Benoit is weird.

BigDaddyCool
03-25-2004, 11:12 AM
I just want to know why he pick Atlanta to move to, that is like the wierdest thing ever. Who want to move to Atlanta? I mean besides Coke and Ted Turner, what is there in Atlanta. I mean, ewww.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-25-2004, 11:31 AM
The reason they announced him as been from the place where he lives is supposedly to give it the Local Boy returning "home" to Canada.

Fabien Barthez
03-25-2004, 02:05 PM
The only reason they refer to him as hailing from Alberta is to get over that he trained with the Harts and was in stampede for a while. Didn't Owen like in florida as well?

Rob
03-25-2004, 02:12 PM
The only reason they refer to him as hailing from Alberta is to get over that he trained with the Harts and was in stampede for a while. Didn't Owen like in florida as well?

They should use sense and keep him in Alberta using the Hart/Stampede connection. Owen Hart was moving from Calgary across the country (I think Toronto but I dunno for sure) just days before he died.

"Everyone" is American in the company. Change isn't a bad thing.

Rob
03-25-2004, 02:31 PM
John la Rock - Since you just bad repped me for my last post (saying "change is a bad thing), why don't you at least come public and say why you believe everyone in the WWE should be American?

Do you want everyone to be 6ft 4, white, six pack bodies and blonde hair too?

Goulet
03-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Benoit is actually from Quebec

Actually Benoit is from Newfoundland originally

Samurai_Star_Sailor
03-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Why are u guys hating on the WWE for there could be a reason for this?
Like when the Dudleys changed where they Lived.

Rob
03-25-2004, 05:20 PM
So the Dudleys are really brothers from Dudleyville?

BasicThuganomics
03-25-2004, 07:07 PM
And what state is "parts unknown" in? I always wondered that when I was little... :shifty:

Savio
03-25-2004, 07:37 PM
Heh, "Reportedly, WWE’s Canadian office in Toronto is irate about the decision to change Chris Benoit’s hometown to Atlanta, Georgia."

Fabien Barthez
03-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Who gives a **** anyway? theres nowhere near as many marks around these days so he wont get heat for it anyway. You can't work as much as they do in America and have to fly 7 hours to chilly cold canada every day off you have, there's no sence in it. I'm sure Benoit and Christian and Edge and Val Venis and all the other cannucks would love to live in their home country but its impractical with the job they have. You think Yokozuna used to fly off to samoa on his days off? Steve Regal back to Blackpool? Tiger Ali Singh back to calcutta? Bushwackers to New Zealand.

I think the point is made.

CANADIAN
03-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Your comparing distance between Calcutta and Canada.... Idiot.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-25-2004, 07:52 PM
LOL, you're an idiot. That wasn't the argument at all. We were complaining that he should only be billed from Canada, because it's always been a part of his gimmick, and since he's heading into Edmonton to main event Backlash, they should at least announce him from Edmonton, Alberta until then.