PDA

View Full Version : Nogueira vs Herring

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
12-24-2008, 10:15 PM
I was watching a video of their fight in UFC.

Does anyone think the fight should've been stopped near the end of the first round? After that big kick, it looked like the ref could've ended it when Herring followed up on the ground.

Also, if it had ended there, how would the division look now?

Rob
12-24-2008, 10:24 PM
I wouldn't have debated it but it was Herring's own fault for not going in for the kill.

Vastardikai
12-25-2008, 07:13 PM
^
Herring SHOULD have won the fight but, because he was idiot, didn't.

I doubt the possibility of this. I feel the Nog will wreck Mir and then tie Lesnar in a knot.

But, for some reason, I think if Brock does manage to Rock Nogiera, he could win. Because he shown a killer instinct against Couture that he lacked against Herring. (which really shouldn't have left the first round.) If he manages to land the Megaton Punch, and Nog goes down (he does have a tendency to get rocked), he will probably put it away.

Seriously, after thinking about this fight, I went from Lesnar has No Chance in Hell to Lesnar has a small chance. Scary. Mir is still fucked, though.

Reavant
12-26-2008, 01:14 AM
You know after watching all the nog fights in pride, whos to say that if herring did jump on him that nog wouldnt have subbed him. I dunno hes a freak.

Herring definitly screwed up not following up however.

Im sure if herring did win he would have fought sylvia for the title and nogiera would have fought kongo if he would have taken the fight. That or lesnar would have debuted against nogiera. Who knows though.

I dont think lesnar has a chance against nog though. I think he'd beat mir in a rematch, but no way hes beating up nog.

Vastardikai
12-26-2008, 02:04 AM
I agree. I see Nog winning, but Lesnar's hands do damage. I mean, he knocked Mir on his ass with a jab.

I'd give Lesnar a puncher's chance. If he rocks Nog like he rocked Couture and then moves in for the kill, everyone here, myself included, will have their jaw on the floor.

Rob
12-26-2008, 05:15 AM
I'd give him more than a puncher's chance. Lesnar has every chance of keeping that fight standing.

I'd still put Noguiera in as a favourite but it would be closer than people think.

RP
12-26-2008, 07:12 AM
I think Mir will beat Nog soo...

Rob
12-26-2008, 08:37 PM
I think Mir will beat Nog soo...

Fancy a bet on it?

Edit - And not only will I pick Nog, I'll pick him INSIDE THE DISTANCE. So if he wins a decision, you win the bet.

Impact!
12-26-2008, 09:54 PM
If I didn't think Nog would be winning I'd take you up on that bet (even though it's directed at RP)

Reavant
12-26-2008, 10:07 PM
I kinda want mir to win because I like him, but I also like nog and I just dont see mir beating him. Also I really dont want lesnar to rematch mir so quickly so Im going with nog.

Impact!
12-26-2008, 11:04 PM
My thoughts exactly there Reav

RP
12-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Fancy a bet on it?

Edit - And not only will I pick Nog, I'll pick him INSIDE THE DISTANCE. So if he wins a decision, you win the bet.

What kinda bet? I'm pretty positive Mir will mount him and pound him out.

Rob
12-27-2008, 10:58 AM

Whatever you want. $20?

Reavant
12-27-2008, 02:55 PM
mir has been watching tapes of the fedor ground and pound

Rob
12-27-2008, 11:50 PM

Should have taken that bet dude.

Nog looked fucking shot tonight.

RP
12-28-2008, 07:04 AM
lucky for you, i didnt have time to get on and read this thread yesterday

Rob
12-28-2008, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't have even been pissed losing that bet. It was such a humbling you just have to hold your hands up and take it.