PDA

View Full Version : Diva Champ out, McBland's wrath continues?

BigDaddyCool
12-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Breaking News: WWE Champion Injured
By Ryan Clark on Monday, December 29th, 2008 at 12:09 PM EST

According to several fans in attendance at last nights SmackDown brand house show in Raleigh, North Carolina, reigning WWE Divas Champion Maryse suffered a traumatic injury during her match.

Maryse and Natalya were wrestling The Bella Twins in the third match on the show. As Maryse worked one of the twins over in the corner, she suddenly collapsed to the mat. She appeared to have blown out her knee as she was seen clutching it.

What followed was an awkward scene in which Natalya stood on the apron not knowing what to do while The Bella Twins went around the ring playing up to the crowd. Special guest referee Kung Fu Naki stood over Maryse talking to her. The road agent for the match threw up the “X signal” and a number EMTs, referees and road agents hit the ringside area. Meanwhile, Natalya entered the ring and made one of the twins submit to the sharpshooter to put an end to the match. Maryse was then carted off on a stretcher.

This is a horrible break for Maryse as she beat Michelle McCool just last week to become the new WWE Divas Champion. It goes without saying that she’ll be forced to relinquish her newly won title and take several months off due to the injury as well.

Maryse ain't anything special or nothing, hopefully they put the title on som...never mind, i don't really care about the Diva's title.

Legend Killer
12-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Well, going back to the Noid answering who he thought was useless thread, maybe Natalya will actually get the gold that she rightfully deserves.

Evil Vito
12-29-2008, 12:48 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'd love to see Natalya get a shot now...but unfortunately it's pretty obvious they are gonna go the Maria/McTaker route.</font>

BigDaddyCool
12-29-2008, 12:49 PM
The butterfly she rightly deserves. Get it right. I would like to see them do Beth v Natalya, champion v champion type thing, maybe not to unify the belts, but just as a match because both women's division are stale.

Kane Knight
12-29-2008, 01:12 PM
LOL women's wrestling.

Legend Killer
12-29-2008, 01:44 PM
The butterfly she rightly deserves. Get it right. I would like to see them do Beth v Natalya, champion v champion type thing, maybe not to unify the belts, but just as a match because both women's division are stale.

Maybe even Trish VS Natalya at Mania????

Oh, the potential...:naughty:

BigDaddyCool
12-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Meh, I don't want to many Canadians.

Hanso Amore
12-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Ill wait for a confirmation on the extent of the injury.

I really hope for the best, I love me some Maryse.

KingofOldSchool
12-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Ill wait for a confirmation on the extent of the injury.

I really hope for the best, I love me some Maryse.

WWE.com says dislocated kneecap.

Hope she locates it soon...

Legend Killer
12-29-2008, 03:11 PM

She's a blonde, I doubt she knows what kneecap is.

Legend Killer
12-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Meh, I don't want to many Canadians.

Too bad Mania isn't at the Skydome this year then.

Hanso Amore
12-29-2008, 05:54 PM

That is a relatively short healing period. They might let her keep the title....Shit, they only defend it once a month if that.

parkmania
12-29-2008, 06:45 PM
On a only slightly related topic, the wife and I were watching last week, and we both thought that the Butterfly Belt looked like it has already been modified from when it debuted - the Butterfly itself looked smaller than previous, with a lot more silver around it. Are we incorrect?

Lux
12-29-2008, 07:21 PM
maybe Natalya will actually get the gold that she rightfully deserves.

<font color=goldenrod>I'd love to see Natalya get a shot now...but unfortunately it's pretty obvious they are gonna go the Maria/McTaker route.</font>

thedamndest
12-29-2008, 09:13 PM
It would be awesome if they just phased out this title now that she's injured.

Vastardikai
12-29-2008, 09:17 PM
random side-note: One of McTaker's finishes is the Heel Hook. A move that, if properly applied, can rip a knee to shreds.

Mr. Nerfect
12-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Apparently while Maryse was being stretchered out, she was screaming for the Divas Championship belt. She may be a little fragile in the ring (hopefully not as fragile as Candice Michelle, though), and she may not be a great technician yet, but say what you want about her, she is one of the best, male or female, at playing a character in the WWE.

I am really starting to dig this girl, which is a definitely plus, considering I originally didn't give the slightest crap about her.

I'd have her show up on SmackDown!, and Vickie tries to strip her of the Divas Title (she and Vickie, for some reason, haven't exactly been in support of each other despite both being heels), but Maryse reasons that Michelle McCool only defended the belt twice while she held it, and that she can be back to defend it soon. Vickie sticks to her guns, though, and Maryse calls Vickie a bitch, or slaps her in the face -- something to get her to stand out before she disappears for a while.

Then do a tournament for the vacant Divas Championship. Michelle McCool, Maria, Natalya, Victoria, Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, Eve Torres and Alicia Fox can all be participants in it. Make the brackets something like this:

* Michelle McCool vs. Alicia Fox
* Brie Bella vs. Nikki Bella
* Natalya vs. Eve Torres
* Victoria vs. Maria

Michelle McCool goes over Alicia Fox, despite having her hands surprisingly full in the match, continuing her "I should be better than this" heel turn, and showcasing Alicia Fox. Nikki Bella goes over Brie Bella when she actually bends the rules a little to beat her more established sister. Natalya forces Eve Torres to submit to the Sharpshooter, to actually get somewhere in the Divas Division for a change, and Victoria finds her Widow's Peak countered into a sunset flip allowing Maria to advance.

Second round sees Michelle McCool lose to Nikki Bella, when Brie Bella helps her sister out, ironing out tensions between the two. McCool is very pissed off, but cannot penetrate the celebration between The Bellas and The Colons to lay the beat down on Nikki or Brie. Natalya goes over Maria in a well-fought match with the Sharpshooter, to continue her streak of success.

In the finals of the tournament, Natalya defeats Nikki Bella to become the third Divas Champion after DH Smith & TJ Wilson make their (re)debut and take out The Colons at ringside, which instantly gets them over as heels, and sets them on a path for the WWE Tag Team Championship.

Lux
12-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Why should Victoria job AGAIN Noid? Thank god you aren't on staff.

KYR
12-29-2008, 10:29 PM

Well I suppose there's a first time for everything - I agree with Lux.

Why SHOULD Victoria job again? Jeez she deserves better than she's getting right now. :mad:

KYR
12-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Having said that, I do honestly think that Noid would feel the same, he's just predicting the way the WWE would book this.

Lux
12-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Sadly I must agree with KYR *dies inside* but yes WWE would fuck her over again :-\

Mr. Nerfect
12-30-2008, 02:57 AM

Because, sadly, it's her job.

Having said that, I do honestly think that Noid would feel the same, he's just predicting the way the WWE would book this.

Bingo. It's unlikely they'll even do a tournament, of course, but it's sort of a blend between what the WWE could do, and what the WWE are likely to do.

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Shut up noid.

Mr. Nerfect
12-30-2008, 08:38 PM
BDC, why would I ever listen to you? Seriously?

Lux
12-30-2008, 10:03 PM
By your response you proved you do listen to him.

Xero
12-30-2008, 10:10 PM
BDC, why would I ever listen to you? Seriously?

OM NOM NOM!

Shadow
12-31-2008, 12:16 AM
Wow.....................that sucks for her.

JT
12-31-2008, 03:00 AM
Actually went to a Smackdown show tonight, but honestly after watching her and reflecting on it, she's not that bad. She can even to some extent pull off a Styles Clash better than AJ Styles (I know that's debatable, but my opinion). I think we dump on her more than we should. :-\

Shadow
12-31-2008, 03:36 AM
I'd give her a Styles Clash.

Lux
12-31-2008, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't touch her. Maria is a different story...

Juan
01-01-2009, 01:34 PM
God Maryse sucks ass. As does McCool. The whole Divas championship thing is a fucking waste.

Mr. Nerfect
01-02-2009, 01:45 AM
By your response you proved you do listen to him.

There's a difference between hearing and listening.

Mr. Nerfect
01-02-2009, 01:46 AM
I wouldn't touch her. Maria is a different story...

Maria looked very nice in that referee costume the other week. And Maryse is getting hotter and hotter. Despite neither of them being great in the ring, I quite like them a lot.

DaVe
01-03-2009, 07:25 AM
BDC, you're so pathetically childish for a freaking adult.

Lux
01-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Next target?

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2009, 03:09 AM
I want evidence that this BDC is an adult.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2009, 03:11 AM
According to JR, Maryse's injury is not as bad as previously thought, and she won't need to forfeit the Divas Championship. Good for her. It pads out her reign, too. But yeah, I love the way that girl plays a character.

When Gail Kim re-debuts, she and Maryse could actually have a feud like Gail Kim vs. The Beautiful People, only with a half-decent wrestling pay-off.

Shadow
01-04-2009, 03:49 AM
If anyone touches Maria I will have their testicals.

YOU HEAR ME!

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2009, 05:27 AM
I'd pay to see a Shadow & Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk & Santino Marella feud. Maria would of course end up special referee in the final match.

BigDaddyCool
01-04-2009, 10:38 AM
I want evidence that this BDC is an adult.

I want evidence you have a brain.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2009, 10:39 AM
A brain is fairly compulsory to sustain life in a sentient body, so I'd suggest that is sufficient proof. Also, maybe the fact that I am not Republican?

BigDaddyCool
01-04-2009, 10:48 AM
You claim to be an aussie, how could you possibly be republican?

Anyhow, what does this have to do with the topic at hand Noid, you claim to be the great debated but you always go off topic into insulates, or are easily diverted there. Douche.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2009, 12:12 PM
You claim to be an aussie, how could you possibly be republican?

Anyhow, what does this have to do with the topic at hand Noid, you claim to be the great debated but you always go off topic into insulates, or are easily diverted there. Douche.

Dude, I am an Aussie. There's no "claiming" there. I've always been of the opinion that politics and ethics can be carried over cultures, and I simply put it into terms relatable to you. A "thank you" for making it simpler for you would be polite.

You can't use poetry to argue with a deaf man. No one on these boards who apparently "debates" actually does, anyway. It's always "you're stupid" this, or "straw-man" that. And I never claim to be a great debated, or great at debating, whatever it is you meant. I've always been very strong with the English language, a confident and effective speaker and was probably the best in my debating team at school (mainly for my ability to both hold an audience as well as argue). I've never gotten a piece of paper calling me "The Best Debated," though. So I'll call make believe on this.

BigDaddyCool
01-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Shut up noid, you are adding nothing to the actually topic at hand.

Anyhow, interest of keeping the discussion going, they should just forget the Diva's title and division never existed. Beth is clearly the dominate female. And Smackdown has never had enough women who can wrestle to keep a division alive for more than a month.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Shut up noid, you are adding nothing to the actually topic at hand.

Anyhow, interest of keeping the discussion going, they should just forget the Diva's title and division never existed. Beth is clearly the dominate female. And Smackdown has never had enough women who can wrestle to keep a division alive for more than a month.

LOL! Haha, that first sentence is great.

I disagree that they should forget the title and division ever existed. Yeah, sometimes you do need to abort something when given the chance, but as a supporter of long term booking, you should be able to see a light at the end of the tunnel with this. It's so wasteful to just end this now, when there are still legitimate chances it could prosper.

Gail Kim is said to be debuting on the SmackDown! brand. While you could very easily put her on RAW, that means she'd join Mickie James, Melina, Candice Michelle and Kelly Kelly as a top face. It gets very crowded there. On SmackDown!, she becomes the highest priority face Diva.

DH Smith & TJ Wilson are meant to be getting called up as a tag team, and they will be partnered with Natalya. This would mean a fresh direction for Natalya, and a renewed push of sorts. I can very easily see a feud between Gail Kim and Natalya, which would rock all kinds of shit. Add to the fact that the Divas matches have actually been, well, kind of good, and pulling the plug seems like such a premature way out.

BigDaddyCool
01-04-2009, 07:33 PM
I disagree. Kim and Niedhart are wasted on smackdown, those 2 cannot make an entire division, the other girls on smackdown (besides Victoria who is retiring soon) all suck ass. Kim on Raw could easily be rotated in against Beth who has destoried Mickie James a million times. Really they need to stack the deck against Beth.

Personally I would somehow draft Mickie and maybe Jillian to Smackdown! debut Kim on Raw so she can go against Beth. That would even things out a bit.

Or somehow get unify the diva and women's titles and make the women's champ bounce back and forth, with as small of a division, WWE could easily do that (same for the tag team titles, and that would be easier, just have Miz and Morrison win the Smackdown titles, and then with ECW's work agreement they could go back and forth).

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Well, that is another way of looking at it. All perfectly serviceable ways to fix the division on SmackDown!. I don't think SmackDown! will nor should become devoid of women's wrestling, though, being my key point.

BigDaddyCool
01-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Smackdown is deviod of women's wrestling. All it has now is cat fights and injuries.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Do you watch it, BDC? The matches are quite good, to be honest. There is always one really good spot in each of the matches, anyway. That's more than a lot of the guys can boast. A lot of it is apparently Finlay producing their matches, but they're all improving well.

Finlay definitely deserves a pay rise.

BigDaddyCool
01-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Yes I do watch. I never claimed other wise. One spot doesn't make a match.

Shadow
01-04-2009, 11:55 PM
I'd pay to see a Shadow & Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk & Santino Marella feud. Maria would of course end up special referee in the final match.

I'm a thousand times the better man then Punk and Marella.

Too bad I'm hilariouslly out of shape.

Lux
01-05-2009, 12:29 AM
And with no chance of snagging Maria.

Shadow
01-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Hence my stance.

If I can't have her, NO ONE WILL!

Lux
01-05-2009, 01:41 AM
Thats the spirit, tho doesn't that guy have her?

Shadow
01-05-2009, 02:18 AM
HE'S A DEAD MAN!

Mr. Nerfect
01-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Yes I do watch. I never claimed other wise. One spot doesn't make a match.

I never implied that you didn't. I was sincerely asking, because the ladies have been working really quite well together. Nothing five stars, or anything, but certainly not wastes of time.

BigDaddyCool
01-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Do you watch it, BDC?
I never implied that you didn't.

I don't see how someone could ask if they weren't implying.

Iwas sincerely asking, because the ladies have been working really quite well together. Nothing five stars, or anything, but certainly not wastes of time.

The matches I've seen with Maryse and McBland are slow, boring, and sloppy, and those are the people leading the division. I know Victoria can wrestle and so can Niedhart, but the rest of the smackdown diva division sucks, and wouldn't you know, they aren't going with the 2 girls that can wrestle.