PDA

View Full Version : Christian vs Jeff Hardy at Mania?

D Mac
12-30-2008, 03:13 PM
All signs at this point are that Christian Cage will be returning to WWE after a three year run in TNA Wrestling reports ProWrestling.net. There are already said to be talks of holding a Christian vs. Jeff Hardy match at WrestleMania 25 as Christian is expected to be revealed as the "mystery man" who attacked Hardy in the angle that took place the morning of the Survivor Series PPV in November.

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Interesting.

thedamndest
12-30-2008, 03:18 PM
When does he get pinned by Sara?

Triple Naitch
12-30-2008, 03:20 PM
I would love to see this, but I doubt they would build up Christian that fast upon his return.

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 03:21 PM
While Tri-N has a point, would they tear down Jeff Hardy that fast?

Triple Naitch
12-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Like they never did before?

CharismaInjection
12-30-2008, 03:30 PM
It's quite possible when you think about it.
Who says Jeff Hardy will still have the title by then?

Dave Youell
12-30-2008, 03:32 PM
It's quite possible when you think about it.
Who says Jeff Hardy will still have the title by then?

Exactly.

No way would they put Christian into a title match at Mania, so if that's the direction they are going to go in, all things point to Jeff not being champ by March

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm going to guess he will lose the title at the rumble. Possibly from Christian interfering in the match, so I could see Edge winning the belt, HHH and Edge having a title match at mania. Christian and Hardy would have a grudge match at mania.

Dave Youell
12-30-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm going to guess he will lose the title at the rumble. Possibly from Christian interfering in the match, so I could see Edge winning the belt, HHH and Edge having a title match at mania. Christian and Hardy would have a grudge match at mania.

They could leave it till NWO, at least let him defend it at a PPV once!

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 03:43 PM
No.

Haze
12-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Get it off him before he messes it up for himself, then at least he can say had one successful run with the championship.

Hanso Amore
12-30-2008, 03:52 PM

This.

Hanso Amore
12-30-2008, 03:53 PM
That sets up Smackdown's main event.

That leaves Randy Orton to win the Rumble, and will go on to face Cena at WM.

Cena will beat JBL at the rumble and go on to a match at WM with HBK.

Impeccable
12-30-2008, 04:14 PM
If both MatthewAllenHanso's posts come true, Mania could shape up to be quite nice this year.

Juan
12-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Here's hoping that that this match IS for the WWE title.

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Here's hoping that that this match IS for the WWE title.

Hardy deserves a short title riegn, Christian doesn't really belong anywhere near a top title. So, I have to disagree.

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 04:25 PM
That sets up Smackdown's main event.

That leaves Randy Orton to win the Rumble, and will go on to face Cena at WM.

Cena will beat JBL at the rumble and go on to a match at WM with HBK.

I was under the impression they were going to start a HBK/Taker thing for WM.

Juan
12-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Hardy deserves a short title riegn, Christian doesn't really belong anywhere near a top title. So, I have to disagree.

How dare you disagree with my hopes?

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Shut up, I run this place.

Hanso Amore
12-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah,

Edge v HHH

Cena vs Orton (Double turn?!?!?!)

Christian vs Hardy

JBL vs HBK for his freedom

MITB

We still have a Taker match to figure out too!

Hanso Amore
12-30-2008, 04:31 PM
I was under the impression they were going to start a HBK/Taker thing for WM.

Word, I just dont know where it would fit in, unless JBL makes HBK fight Taker...

Cause as it stands, The earliest HBK/JBL blow of match is no way out, and thats kind of pushing it.

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Taker v Rey, maybe the will both injury each other into retirement.

Triple Naitch
12-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Taker will probably end up going against Umaga or some other "monster"

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Taker v. Vlad, done.

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Edge v HHH

Cena vs Orton

Christian vs Hardy

JBL vs HBK for his freedom

MITB

Taker vs Vladimir Kozlov

Diva v Women champion or some sort of underwear/bikini contest

I think we have a card.

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Also, I'm calling MVP to win the Money in the Bank Match.

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh, one of the midcard belts or tag team titles might find its way on to the show.

Team Sheep
12-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Oh, one of the midcard belts or tag team titles might find its way on to the show.

Pfft nah.

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Pfft nah.

They have time to squeeze on in.

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Nope, they don't. We forgot the ECW title, that has traditionally open WM unless Vince wins it.

Team Sheep
12-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Lol just joking at how the IC hasn't been on the card since like Mania 18 or something. Could have a US title match, that doesn't seem to have the same curse.

Hanso Amore
12-30-2008, 04:57 PM

I dont see it. Tag titles have no chance, maybe the IC title but it hasnt in so long.

Honestly, Punk will probably be IC champ, And in Shelton is US champ, they both will probably be in the MITB.

I think Morrison will win MITB.

MITB

Punk, Shelton, Miz, Morrison, Kofi, Cody Rhodes

Hanso Amore
12-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah, Hardy vs Henry will be the undercard title match.

Damn, we just booked a sweet ass WM

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Lol just joking at how the IC hasn't been on the card since like Mania 18 or something. Could have a US title match, that doesn't seem to have the same curse.

That was back when Cena held the US title, and then when Benoit and MVP fought over the title. But I doubt the IC or US titles will find their way. Or the tag team titles.

Hanso Amore
12-30-2008, 05:01 PM
They really should do MITB rules for the IC/US titles, start getting some young guns working on them and try to save them.

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 05:02 PM
I dont see it. Tag titles have no chance, maybe the IC title but it hasnt in so long.

Honestly, Punk will probably be IC champ, And in Shelton is US champ, they both will probably be in the MITB.

I think Morrison will win MITB.

MITB

Punk, Shelton, Miz, Morrison, Kofi, Cody Rhodes

I think MVP is going to be in the MITB, and probaby so will Kennedy cause you have 4 Raw guys, 2 ECW guys, and 1 smackdown. Get Miz out of it, and Cody will probably be helping with Orton anyhow. So that would even it up.

Hanso Amore
12-30-2008, 05:16 PM
I think MVP is going to be in the MITB, and probaby so will Kennedy cause you have 4 Raw guys, 2 ECW guys, and 1 smackdown. Get Miz out of it, and Cody will probably be helping with Orton anyhow. So that would even it up.

Thats assuming Kennedy is back and in good graces. MVP should be in it, but I can see them leaving him out for whatever reason. Yeah, Cody could get bumped. He has a ways to go before he is in the MITB.

Know what, we havent evene said a word about Jericho.

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 05:26 PM
I don't see a place for him. He has already been defeated by Cena enough, then again so has Orton. Force a triple threat?

XL
12-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Jericho will probably get dumped in MITB again.

Hanso Amore
12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Jericho vs Austin in his return match before to push the Hall of Fame induction!

BigDaddyCool
12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Jericho needs to be on Smackdown.

Volare
12-30-2008, 05:55 PM
BDC is wise.

Legend Killer
12-30-2008, 07:23 PM
If you close your eyes, well I closed my eyes and dreamed of his return and it's happened. THE PEEPS HAVE RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Franchise
12-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Jericho will win the Rumble and challenge JBL for the title at No Way out, losing. Then Triple H will win the World Title and return to RAW.

The Franchise
12-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Jericho will win the Rumble and challenge JBL for the title at No Way out, losing. Then Triple H will win the World Title and return to RAW.

:foc::foc::foc::mad::|

Legend Killer
12-30-2008, 07:45 PM

Highly doubtful, I see Orton definitely winning it now, not because I'm an Orton mark either. He had major cheers last night. They were cheering RKO, not HBk...Surprisingly.

Theo Dious
12-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Then Triple H will win the World Title and return to RAW.

Yeah, keep saying it, eventually it'll happen, you Kliq-bashing turd. :mad:

Fox
12-30-2008, 10:06 PM
This is total fantasy booking, but I would love to see a Tag Team Ladder Match for both the WWE and ECW Championships at WrestleMania: The Hardys (champions) versus Edge and Christian.

It would mean no MITB this year, but I would be just fine with that. MITB is becoming too repetitive.

BigDaddyCool
12-31-2008, 09:35 AM
They have had 2 ladder matches at a Mainia before. Or at least I remeber Shawn jumping off on a few years back.

Hanso Amore
12-31-2008, 10:19 AM
They have had 2 ladder matches at a Mainia before. Or at least I remeber Shawn jumping off on a few years back.

That was HBK vs Vince in a no DQ match. He jumped off a ladder dropping the elbow on Vince who was on a table in a garbage can. It was the huge ladder too.

BigDaddyCool
12-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah, i remember that.

Mr. Nerfect
01-02-2009, 01:33 AM
Jericho vs Austin in his return match before to push the Hall of Fame induction!

That's where I see Jericho, to be honest. They'll probably use Jericho's constant bragging that he beat Austin and The Rock in the same night to become the first-ever Undisputed Champion as motivation for the feud.

Austin probably wouldn't mind working with Jericho, because I remember at one stage Jericho was one of Austin's favourite workers in the business. Plus Jericho is a heat machine right now, and Austin will be in his homestate beating up a Canadian.

Mr. Nerfect
01-02-2009, 01:38 AM
This is total fantasy booking, but I would love to see a Tag Team Ladder Match for both the WWE and ECW Championships at WrestleMania: The Hardys (champions) versus Edge and Christian.

It would mean no MITB this year, but I would be just fine with that. MITB is becoming too repetitive.

If they can have two Elimination Chambers on a show, they can squeeze in two Ladder Matches. Especially if one is a mega multi-man spree, and the other is a personal grudge feud.

Anyway, to the topic at hand: I don't think the WWE should do Jeff Hardy vs. Christian at this year's WrestleMania. It's not that I couldn't get into the match, or that I think it would be bad, but right now, I just don't think it's the wisest decision. Christian is likely to get cheered when he returns. Why not ride that? Christian being the guy who attacked Christian is going to get a reaction like DDP got when he unmasked himself as The Undertaker's stalker. Pushing Christian as a heel right out the gate if the fans want to cheer him is putting him in a very similar position to what he was in before he left -- the fans depserately wanting to cheer him, the WWE just moved him over to the B-show, edited his reactions, and put him in some autopilot feuds.

There's also the case of momentum. Jeff Hardy is a fireball right now, and should really win whatever match it is he's participating in at WrestleMania XXV, and Christian is going to be fresh off returning and needs to look like a threat. It's a "must win" sort of situation for both guys, I feel, and it's the WWE booking themselves into a wall. Christian would probably benefit more from facing a guy like MVP or Umaga at WrestleMania.