PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ This Old Thread

Theo Dious
12-31-2008, 08:48 PM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61024

Not trying to slam you, Xero... just... damn.

El Fangel
12-31-2008, 08:52 PM
:lol:

Xero
12-31-2008, 09:28 PM
I stand by what I said. Neither is true championship material and they were better as a tag team.

Destor
12-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Lock Jaw
12-31-2008, 09:38 PM
*obligatory post about how Matt still isn't World Championship material*

Xero
12-31-2008, 09:42 PM
Jeff should never have been put near the world title after all his fuck ups.

Johnny Vegas
12-31-2008, 09:52 PM
lol @ Xero being biased because he was wrong in the end.

I knew Jeff was going to get it because he was TOO over when he got back after his last absence. Matt, i kind of knew he would get a title just because they were going to push Jeff, but the only way i could see Matt as champ is if he is more of an "edge" to him tbh.

Xero
12-31-2008, 09:53 PM
This isn't bias, I've felt this way since the Rumble and before. No way Jeff should be near the title from a public standpoint.

Johnny Vegas
12-31-2008, 10:00 PM
Well it's the public that has put him in that position. From a "going by the book" standpoint, maybe. But publically, he was placed there/had so many chances.

Plus, it fed into the "underdog, gone through so much and finally won it thing" like Eddie, Benoit, etc.

KingofOldSchool
12-31-2008, 10:01 PM
This isn't bias, I've felt this way since the Rumble and before. No way Jeff should be near the title from a public standpoint.

This, a million times this.

Jeff Hardy doesn't need a title to be over. He can still be a featured player on every show and still be massively over.

Ask Jake Roberts, ask Jim Duggan, etc. guys like them never really had any title runs in the big three to speak of yet were always MASSIVELY over. Hell Duggan is still gets better reactions than 90% of the current roster.

The Hardys are set for life, they don't need titles to be over like rovers.

McLegend
12-31-2008, 10:04 PM
From a public stand point I think it's fine that Jeff is World Champ.

Cause then say if he fucks up, and then The WWE has to get rid of him. It then gives the WWE the opportunity to say that not even World Champions are safe from getting let go.

It's a win win for the WWE.

Xero
12-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Well it's the public that has put him in that position. From a "going by the book" standpoint, maybe. But publically, he was placed there/had so many chances.

Plus, it fed into the "underdog, gone through so much and finally won it thing" like Eddie, Benoit, etc.

No, it's WWE who has put him into that position. As KoOS said, he doesn't NEED the title to be over. Hardy fans buy PPVs based soley on them. Why give him the title?

And "Underdog, gone through so much"? A druggie goes through two firings and multiple drug test failures and gets the title? I guess the moral of the story is "Doing drugs makes you a winner."

Xero
12-31-2008, 10:06 PM
It's a win win for the WWE.

Really? Stock holders wondering why WWE had to fire their champion for a drug-related issue who has had a known issue with drugs for years is a "win" situation for WWE?

KingofOldSchool
12-31-2008, 10:08 PM
No, it's WWE who has put him into that position. As KoOS said, he doesn't NEED the title to be over. Hardy fans buy PPVs based soley on them. Why give him the title?

And "Underdog, gone through so much"? A druggie goes through two firings and multiple drug test failures and gets the title? I guess the moral of the story is "Doing drugs makes you a winner."

And if you fail again, Mr. sXe will be there to pick up the pieces.

You know...forget Edge, C.M. Punk is the REAL Ultimate Opportunist.

McLegend
12-31-2008, 10:09 PM
Yes.

If they didn't drop their stock after Benoit murding people they aren't gonna do it over Jeff Hardy doing drugs.

Xero
12-31-2008, 10:10 PM
And if you fail again, Mr. sXe will be there to pick up the pieces.

You know...forget Edge, C.M. Punk is the REAL Ultimate Opportunist.

Why, he may even win the title without being in the match!

Xero
12-31-2008, 10:11 PM
Yes.

If they didn't drop their stock after Benoit murding people they aren't gonna do it over Jeff Hardy doing drugs.

Big difference between something someone did away from the business and something directly related to it.

St. Jimmy
12-31-2008, 10:12 PM
I agree with Xero.

KingofOldSchool
12-31-2008, 10:12 PM
Why, he may even win the title without being in the match!

He'll find it face down in Hardy's locker room, he happens to see some white powder on the belt and casually brushes it off before putting it around his waist.

D-X will then walk by and see Punk with the belt, Hunter will say to Shawn "Well must have been strike three."

FourFifty
12-31-2008, 10:18 PM
The last quote in that thread was epic.

Xero
12-31-2008, 10:20 PM
And for the record, Matt doesn't come close to counting as "world champion" and still isn't world championship material.

Shadow
01-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Wow do I have egg on my face. Jeff's champ and I haven't watched wrestling in ages.

Maybe I should make good on my promise.

Kane Knight
01-01-2009, 12:28 AM
I stand by what I said. Neither is true championship material and they were better as a tag team.

This.

Also, lol at Vegas being a tard.

Lux
01-01-2009, 01:50 AM
I disagree with Xero, so Jeff screwed up a few times, he's been good and put alot of effort into the main event scene the last few months.

Xero has a chip on his shoulder.

Kane Knight
01-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Wow. He's committed himself to wrestling for a few months out of the last what? Decade-ish? Yeah, let's give him the title.

Seriously, though, the guy's a notorious flake who has no-showed a lot, phoned in a lot, and fucked up a lot. He's also the figurehead of a drug habit that could easily get WWE in trouble.

But yeah.

BigDaddyCool
01-01-2009, 10:33 AM
I motion that the Hardy's stepped up their game, but mostly the world titles have fallen in value.

Kane Knight
01-01-2009, 11:46 AM
I motion that the Hardy's stepped up their game, but mostly the world titles have fallen in value.

I agree. I think if a WWE title was thrown in the trash in this era, the trash would sue for defamation.

Lux
01-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Wow. He's committed himself to wrestling for a few months out of the last what? Decade-ish? Yeah, let's give him the title.

Seriously, though, the guy's a notorious flake who has no-showed a lot, phoned in a lot, and fucked up a lot. He's also the figurehead of a drug habit that could easily get WWE in trouble.

But yeah.I only mentioned the main event scene because thats where he has been, Jeff has always been a soild worker and we all know that dispite what he has done outside of the ring.

Kane Knight
01-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Jeff has always been a solid worker--sometimes. If you're only talking about what he's done outside the ring, then you're disregarding the times he has phoned it in, or not shown up at all, which is clearly as valid a complaint on his in-ring work (If he doesn't get into the ring, he has no work) as his out-of-ring "lifestyle."

Lux
01-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Maybe its the screw up in me but I dont think Xero is anyone to tell someone who should and shouldn't have the title, WWE knows there is a risk, they are "that" stupid but I think they believe in Jeff thus why he has it and he draws so damn well.

Juan
01-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Call me a mark, but I love Jeff Hardy as WWE Champion.

Kane Knight
01-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Maybe its the screw up in me but I dont think Xero is anyone to tell someone who should and shouldn't have the title, WWE knows there is a risk, they are "that" stupid but I think they believe in Jeff thus why he has it and he draws so damn well.

Technically, none of us is anyone to tell someone who should and shouldn't have the title, but that's really the premise of a wrestling discussion forum, you know? But then, here we are, and we're doing it, so....

I mean, you can argue whether or not there's merits to doing so, but the concept of a wrestling forum is about 70% armchair quarterbacking in the first place. So operating on the assumption that this is a wrestling board, and we're here discussing the merits of this specific situation and Xero's prediction that they'd never be World Champion material, pointing out that someone isn't one to tell us who should have the title is pointless and silly.

Also, it should fall under the same category as "well, that's your opinion!" A statement which should be understood , and for which the very use should flag the slow kids.

So...Given that we're all a bunch of wankers with no real investment in the company aside from entertainment value, I'm going to say Xero's argument is at least valid, even if it counteracts what the executives are doing. Otherwise, we enter into that other line of short bus thinking, "well, they're making a lot of money, so they must be doing something right," And from there, we're just asking to be culled from the herd.

Lux
01-01-2009, 05:39 PM
True, we sadly do sit here all day posting on a forum :p

The Mackem
01-01-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm still a massive of fan of KingofOldSchool telling everyone that CM Punk would not be cashing in his money in the bank.

Kane Knight
01-01-2009, 08:12 PM
True, we sadly do sit here all day posting on a forum :p

Oh, come now. You can do better than that.

Lux
01-01-2009, 08:16 PM
I was on fire all of yesterday into the morning hours, I've since lost most of my game.

It should come back soon.

Kane Knight
01-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Antibiotics should clear that up.

Lux
01-01-2009, 10:20 PM
I just got some at rite aid (desprate)

Kane Knight
01-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Lysol works in a pinch.

....Or so I'd heard.

Lux
01-01-2009, 11:24 PM
:shifty:

...already purchased some

Kane Knight
01-02-2009, 12:04 AM
True story:

Lysol used to be used as a deoderant...Down there.

At least for women. I don't know about men.

Also, Firefox is flagging women up above for some reason, but not in this sentence. WTF.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2009, 10:33 AM

But yeah.

I'm not the biggest Jeff Hardy fan, but when the guy is out there every week putting on solid-to-good matches, doing shit which is fucking up his body, and working so hard to improve and portray a his character, I think it is so tasteless to call him "uncommited." As you said, he's been wrestling for the last decade. Yeah he's phoned it in, and yeah he's no-showed, and yeah, he's abused substances, but that is a decade he's spent doing what most of us here only talk about.

Jeff strikes me as the kind of guy to lose passion if he's not being rewarded. As WWE Champion, I cannot see Jeff Hardy being unmotived, or phoning it in. I also don't think the WWE would put the belt on Jeff Hardy unless they either a) knew he wasn't going to test positive for drugs, or b) they had a back-up plan in case he did test positive.

He's probably gone through weekly testing over the past few months, and if he fucks up while he's WWE Champion, he's the biggest fucking tool on the planet. And if he does fuck up, it's not like the WWE would just fire him as WWE Champion. He'd probably show up on SmackDown!, and be completely ANNIHILATED by some guy, essentially making them look like a big star.

It may not have been the move I would have gone with, but I'm not sure putting the WWE Title on Jeff Hardy is as bad as people are making it out to be. Especially when there are two other World Champions to cover-up for him. I mean, Eddie Guerrero, William Regal and Shawn Michaels have all been hooked on drugs, in the past, haven't they? If you never gave second and third chances to guys, we'd probably miss out on a few big stars and future legends.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2009, 10:34 AM
LOL at AdrianM quasi-predicting the Triple Threat title win for Jeff Hardy, by the way.

Legend Killer
01-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Wow, how times have changed.

Xero
01-04-2009, 03:49 PM
It may not have been the move I would have gone with, but I'm not sure putting the WWE Title on Jeff Hardy is as bad as people are making it out to be. Especially when there are two other World Champions to cover-up for him. I mean, Eddie Guerrero, William Regal and Shawn Michaels have all been hooked on drugs, in the past, haven't they? If you never gave second and third chances to guys, we'd probably miss out on a few big stars and future legends.

They also weren't being closely watched during those periods when it came to drugs. And they weren't a public company.

And Eddie isn't exactly the best of examples. In fact, he's exactly WHY people like Jeff shouldn't be put in this position. Even if he wasn't on drugs when he died the drugs were a large part of his death.

Kane Knight
01-04-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm not the biggest Jeff Hardy fan, but when the guy is out there every week putting on solid-to-good matches, doing shit which is fucking up his body, and working so hard to improve and portray a his character, I think it is so tasteless to call him "uncommited." As you said, he's been wrestling for the last decade. Yeah he's phoned it in, and yeah he's no-showed, and yeah, he's abused substances, but that is a decade he's spent doing what most of us here only talk about.

It's also a decade where he was uncommitted. That's not tasteless, it's fact. He would dedicate himself only when it served him to do so. Solid-to-good is a low threshold, a low bar to set for dedication.

Not to mention, how many other people have spent a decade doing what we only talk about here? Shit, you can't really use that as a solid argument, because that describes the majhority of the wrestling world that has stuck to it at all. And I'm sure you could name fifty people who have been more dedicated off the top of your head.

Jeff strikes me as the kind of guy to lose passion if he's not being rewarded. As WWE Champion, I cannot see Jeff Hardy being unmotived, or phoning it in. I also don't think the WWE would put the belt on Jeff Hardy unless they either a) knew he wasn't going to test positive for drugs, or b) they had a back-up plan in case he did test positive.

You just used a demonstration of his own lack of dedication to justify how he'll now be unlikely to flake out. Pyrrhic victory?

Regardless, you're putting faith in WWE's faith in someone? That seems to be solely out of convenience, since you seem to have limited faith in their judgment. Suddenly, though, you don't think WWE wouldn't do this unless they had a backup plan or knew he wouldn't test positive for drugs? Fuck, they planned on putting thetitle on Benoit the weekend he killed his family. Prescience abound.

He's probably gone through weekly testing over the past few months, and if he fucks up while he's WWE Champion, he's the biggest fucking tool on the planet. And if he does fuck up, it's not like the WWE would just fire him as WWE Champion. He'd probably show up on SmackDown!, and be completely ANNIHILATED by some guy, essentially making them look like a big star.

Blind faith aside, him being decimated as champ doesn't really change much. It's still a massive PR nightmare for WWE, especially stupid for them if Vince is worried about a scandal, the stock value and his shareholders, or a possible investigation. God knows, the current Congressional investigation is no big deal.

Eddie is a great example of why second chances aren't always good business sense. The guy was on drugs according to the coroner's report, and this was a guy who hadn't shown any real instances of drug behaviour.

Plus, you know, that public company bit Xero mentioned. The existing scandal that this could throw gasoline on. The elephant in the room.

Eddie should have ruined it for second chances, at least at the main event level. Benoit should have really been the straw that broke the camel's back. Even Angle should have been a warning sign. It's nice that Kurt's not dead, but that seems more like sheer luck than prescience.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Don't quite get the whole "it's a public company now" thing, to be honest. Wouldn't that be less reason the WWE would put a guy that was going to flake in a top spot? And regardless of if they are publically traded or not, bad news is bad news, and is going to make the company look bad.

They survived Benoit murdering people, they'll survive Jeff flaking out.