PDA

View Full Version : Where MVP's losing streak is going

Triple Naitch
01-02-2009, 10:19 PM
source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- For people wondering where MVP's losing streak is going, he was told it will result in a babyface turn at the conclusion of the storyline. MVP is now accepting of the angle with the rationale that he can protect his body because he's not supposed to have stellar matches during the losing streak, which means less physical risks

I'm actually really looking forward to this. I hope it leads to MVP and Mr. Kennedy...Kennedy teaming up and tearing up the tag division. They should have some good comedy segments together. I could see MVP becoming a huge face, expecially with the crowd joining in on his "Ballin" catchphrase.

BTW, I'm watching his match with Kizarny from SmackDown right now.....very boring.

Xero
01-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Vince: Well Montel - by the way I love your show - you'll get a huge face push after this is all said and done.

MVP: Great! When do you think that will happen?

Vince: Oh, haven't worked that out yet...

*Three years later*

MVP: Well?

Vince: Still waiting it out...

Blitz
01-02-2009, 11:19 PM
I'd say this angle is more likely to end with Mr. Porter being wished the best in his future endeavors.

Halbowsky
01-03-2009, 01:54 AM
I thought it would end up with MVP eventually losing a "Do or Die" match where if he loses, he leaves Smackdown and then he ends up on RAW the next Monday

Tazz Dan
01-03-2009, 04:12 AM
Vince: Well Montel - by the way I love your show - you'll get a huge face push after this is all said and done.

MVP: Great! When do you think that will happen?

Vince: Oh, haven't worked that out yet...

*Three years later*

MVP: Well?

Vince: Oh, you're still here. Best of luck in your future endevours...

*Three weeks later*

New TNA Champion: Em Vee Pee

:shifty:

Fabien Barthez
01-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Fuck rationale. The guy has been jobbed out to so many jobbers for so long, I don't see a way back now, not with the same gimmick. They removed all his entrance pomp like the tunnel and pyro to continue the angle that he's cost cutting and such, but it has just squashed any of the heat he was still getting.

I seriously see this as a massive mistake by creative. Squashing talented wrestlers on a show which needs them is just ludicrous. Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin, its the same kind of thing really.

They could turn this around by having MVP win a monumental victory over someone big in a Rocky-style kind of match, but other than that, he such just thank whoever came up with this stupid angle and get himself over to TNA

Legend Killer
01-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Speaking of which, when does Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia come out?

Chavo Classic
01-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Fuck rationale. The guy has been jobbed out to so many jobbers for so long, I don't see a way back now, not with the same gimmick. They removed all his entrance pomp like the tunnel and pyro to continue the angle that he's cost cutting and such, but it has just squashed any of the heat he was still getting.

Wrestling fans have notoriously short memories. Four weeks of wins, preferably one over the upper carders, and it'll be forgotten

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2009, 03:16 AM
Speaking of which, when does Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia come out?

On SmackDown! this week, Mr. Kennedy said it comes out "Tuesday." We've still got a few weeks of promotion left, I am sure.

I can see the face turn coming up, to be honest. His character seems a lot more "humble" in this role, and the fans are actually getting behind him. I thought punishing MVP for making those comments to the urine guy went on far too long, but at least it's being done well.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2009, 03:27 AM
I wanted to see MVP turn face on the three-hour RAW the other week. Put him in a match with Shawn Michaels, do an HBK/Benjamin thing with them, with HBK winning with the Sweet Chin Music. Then HBK talks about working for JBL, and MVP pulls the mic away from him and cuts a promo like this:

"Look Michaels, we're both in slumps right now -- but no matter what people say, I am still one of the most talented guys in the business today -- and I can honestly say you are one of the toughest men I have ever faced. Like me, this is what you were born to do, and you do it better than nearly anyone else in history has done it. You've got it in you to make mountains more money, HBK -- I know it, you know it, and these people know it. Hell, I need to know it because you are one of the guys carrying this company on your back -- if you can't make money here, then there's no money to be made, and we should all go home.

*Cue JBL's intro*

Bradshaw pretty much tells MVP to shut up, and makes some reference to MVP once being a star with potential, but he ended up being a "never-was," so he should stop talking to his "has-been." JBL chews out Shawn Michaels for something, and basically emphasises his control over HBK, and gives him another chance to give him the Sweet Chin Music at the price of his second job. After some moments of tension, MVP goes "Well, if you're not going to do it, I'm going to do it" and proceeds to kick JBL in the face, and beat him down. As MVP is lining up for the Drive-By Kick, though, HBK takes MVP out with the Sweet Chin Music, as JBL is getting back to his feet. HBK mouths something like "I'm sorry," and JBL then laughs, and starts getting some payback on MVP.

Then Porter can play the face role on SmackDown!, wrestling guys like Chavo Guerrero, and getting the fans behind his losing streak, instead of being in favour of it.