PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 question

Stickman
01-04-2009, 03:57 PM
The open button on the console is very stiff, whenever I open it I really have to push hard and there's quite a loud "click" when I do that. I'm pretty sure it's not normal but seeing how I haven't used it in months I can't remember if it's always been like that.

Does anybody have this problem, or is it normal?

#BROKEN Hasney
01-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Mines light. Take the face plate off and check that the buttons in place (it's got a long green arm that goes to the button.)

El Fangel
01-04-2009, 03:59 PM
The button is likely off the track or slide out of its setting.

Kane Knight
01-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Mine's a refurbished one (They replaced mine three times) and it's stiff like every other I've had. If this is, in fact wrong, I'm batting a pretty poor streak.

Impeccable
01-05-2009, 04:59 AM
The open button on my xbox has always been quite stiff, and I've had mine since July....haven't really had a problem with the system though.

Stickman
01-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Hmm, sounds like it's normal, but not that normal. I really have to push hard. Like one hand holds the console while the other pushes. Is that how stiff your guys' button is?

Impeccable
01-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Hmm, sounds like it's normal, but not that normal. I really have to push hard. Like one hand holds the console while the other pushes. Is that how stiff your guys' button is?

Erm...not that bad no. I still only need to use one hand.

Kane Knight
01-06-2009, 08:30 AM

Depends on how I tease it first.

But seriously, my console will tip if I don't put two fingers on the console top to steady it as I push. I honestly never thought much of it, though, especially after my second (and third and fourth) consoles did the same.

Mr Regal
01-06-2009, 05:45 PM
I can breathe on mine and it opens.