PDA

View Full Version : The Arizona Cardinals are going to the SOUPerboooooowwlllll

RoXer
01-11-2009, 04:48 PM
It's happening. It is finally happening. Been saying this shit for 5 years now and it is going to happen. Hell, not even Super Bowl, I was just saying they would win the west the past 5 years but they couldn't manage that. And now look at them. NFC Champs. Bank on it. Put a hundy on it and take your wife on a vacation for Valentines Day. It is going to happen.

RoXer
01-11-2009, 04:49 PM
I'll have to buy tickets because it won't be on TV though.

McLegend
01-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Ok Bro.

RoXer
01-11-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm going to call this right now too:

Antrelle Rolle will fuck up on 10 different plays which all could have turned the tide in the Cards favor. On a deep pass to Hank Basket, Rolle falls flat on his face only to have DRC leap 500 feat in the air for the game saving INT.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-11-2009, 04:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281127021

just in case anyone forgot

RoXer
01-11-2009, 04:54 PM
I thought that was going to be the link where ESPN made a list and the Cards had the worst fans ever.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-11-2009, 10:21 PM
I want to see Arizona win but I don't think its gonna happen. If the Cards are able to spread the field with the wideouts though they might have a shot but if the Eagles can play coverage well enough in the back end though its over. They will be able to pressure the shit out of Warner and I don't think the old mans got enough magic left for that.

DaveWadding
01-11-2009, 10:23 PM
They are gonna get massacred in the Super Bowl if they get there.

Juan
01-11-2009, 10:38 PM
SD lost tonight, so I'm jumping on the Arizona bandwagon.

GO CARDS~!

The Outlaw
01-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Lol, Supreme with the zinger...

Jeritron
01-12-2009, 05:01 PM
8-8

RoXer
01-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Zinger

Zing my nuts.

Tazz Dan
01-15-2009, 07:42 PM
So wait. Did Ben Grahams team beat Sav Roccas?

All I know is that they're both punters, both Australian and were facing each other?

I don't know :$

RP
01-15-2009, 11:56 PM
I hope they make it to the Superbowl and you die 5 minutes before kickoff.

D Mac
01-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Steelers will probably cream whomever makes it.

RoXer
01-18-2009, 02:49 PM
If I take a drink every time Antrelle Rolle gets beats deep I'll be fucked up come 2nd quarter. Watch.

SammyG
01-18-2009, 03:14 PM
lol what a drive.

RoXer
01-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Did you see it? Did everyone see it? DRC had to backtrack to make up for Rolle. You look at the replay and you will see #21 nowhere near where he shoul have been.

Mayo
01-18-2009, 05:49 PM
19 unanswered points, lol

screech
01-18-2009, 05:53 PM
If the Eagles win, I will go on a two-week killing spree until the Super Bowl. I'd be doing the world a favor.

Whichever NFC team makes it will lose to whichever AFC team makes it, though.

DaveWadding
01-18-2009, 06:14 PM
DONOVAN MC<strike>Legend</strike>CHOKE

DaveWadding
01-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Wonder if McChoke puked during the game today?

RoXer
01-18-2009, 06:20 PM
We are who we thought we were.

DaveWadding
01-18-2009, 06:20 PM
FLYYYYYYY EAGLES FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

McLegend
01-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Congrats

D Mac
01-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Awesome

Evil Vito
01-18-2009, 06:23 PM
<font color=goldenrod>CARDINALSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS</font>

RoXer
01-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Finally, this is no longer the greatest game in Cardinals history:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l_wfYAGosi4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l_wfYAGosi4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RoXer
01-18-2009, 06:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290118022

just in case anyone forgot

McLegend
01-18-2009, 06:30 PM
If The Steelers win this AFC game then the cardinals will win the super bowl.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Now all you need is for DaveWadding to predict that the Cardinals have NO CHANCE of winning the Superbowl and they will win.

DaveWadding
01-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Now all you need is for DaveWadding to predict that the Cardinals have NO CHANCE of winning the Superbowl and they will win.

Yeah, they'll cheat their way to 3 or 4.

Theo Dious
01-18-2009, 10:28 PM
<s>If</s> The Steelers<s> win this AFC game then the cardinals</s> will win the super bowl.

Fixed. :love:

RP
01-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Finally, this is no longer the greatest game in Cardinals history:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l_wfYAGosi4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l_wfYAGosi4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this will never stop being amazing

RP
01-19-2009, 11:24 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO No!

OssMan
01-19-2009, 11:25 AM
touchdown thurman thomas

The Mackem
01-29-2009, 10:55 AM
I always believed you RoXer.

RoXer
02-01-2009, 07:55 PM
If only one team in the history of the world could muck up that scenario, it's the Arizona Cardinals.

RoXer
02-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Christ almighty

D Mac
02-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Good season Roxer.

parkmania
02-01-2009, 10:26 PM
That was one hell of a game - congrats to the Cardinals for making the Steelers really earn that victory.

We just filled the 6-pack!

James Steele
02-01-2009, 10:52 PM
The Cards got screwed. The refs might as well make sure Ben has enough pillows in his bed tonight too.

parkmania
02-01-2009, 11:04 PM
What is with all the Pittsburgh hate?!?!?

There were only 3 boderline calls all game - Big Ben's TD that got overturned, the "safety", and the last 'Zona offensive play. 2 out of 3 went in favor of the Cards.

EDIT: If the NFL was to have had any sort of interest in fixing the game, it would have been to favor the Cards. Steeler merchandise will always be a big seller. If 'Zona had won, there would have been a much bigger spike in sales from all the bandwagonners.

Theo Dious
02-01-2009, 11:12 PM
You know, as someone from Pittsburgh, I just need to say:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x5/MandySadler/herewegosteelers.gif

parkmania
02-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Ted, where you at? I hope you're safely away from the South Side and Oakland - the cops are starting to take people away from those areas.

Theo Dious
02-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Ted, where you at? I hope you're safely away from the South Side and Oakland - the cops are starting to take people away from those areas.

I am not stupid, Sir. I spent my night at my parents' and came right home after the trophy was awarded. Ten minute drive.

Theo Dious
02-01-2009, 11:41 PM
LOL They're burning couches in Oakland.

Where's everyone else from this thread? Crying in their soup?

parkmania
02-01-2009, 11:46 PM
I know where I'll be Wednesday morning - getting my Super Bowl Champion hat down at Heinz Field. I went to get the AFC champ hat on Monday after that win, but they didn't have them counted until Tuesday around noon, when I was already at my store. The one's that Dick's sells are as authentic as the ones in the Strip District (that is to say, not at all).

I also can't wait to get my "6-time Champs" hat. Those usually take a few weeks to get out though.

Gonzo
02-01-2009, 11:50 PM
There were only 3 boderline calls all game - Big Ben's TD that got overturned, the "safety", and the last 'Zona offensive play. 2 out of 3 went in favor of the Cards.

The safety wasn't questionable. The Steeler player was most definitely holding.

Corndad
02-02-2009, 12:20 AM
as I said in the NFL Thread

That game was amazing. Never been so proud of being a Steelers Fan. Wow. Gotta give credit to the Cards. Hell of a game. Much respect for Wiz and Fitz and that whole team. What a turn around.

I've been ragging on Ben alot in the past but good lord there's no one else I want with the ball with 2 mins left in a big game. Amazing Drive.

Top 5 Super Bowl of All Time.

James Steele
02-02-2009, 01:56 AM
What about that lame ass roughing the passer call on the Cards? A 15yd penalty (and automatic 1st down) are huge.

RP
02-02-2009, 07:15 AM
Steelers dont win Superbowls without the refs help. Its pretty obvious. I dont care for either of these teams. I think i've made that pretty clear. But that " no replay " on that fumble on the last play of the game was one of the most dispicable things i've ever seen. That was straight out of WWE. Who's that ref that NWO had in there pocket in WCW? That guy was reffing last night. How do you not look at that replay atleast for 5 minutes. It wasnt a fumble. It was horrible. It clearly wasnt a fumble and i dont care how improbably a hail mary might seem. Warner has enough arm to get it in the end zone and Larry Fitzgeral at that point could snag a 5 inch dart out of mid air from 50 yards without stabbing himself in the finger. He was that good. He is that good. Dude is officially the best reciever in the game. I hate saying that cause i love me some Reggie Wayne, but Larry Fitzgerald is sick and the Cards were robbed of what i thought was a 35% chance of them completing a hail mary.

And James Harrison is a thug and i hope he's shot in the face in the offseason. He didnt deserve that INT TD at the end of the half after what he did in the 4th quarter. And if you didnt see what he did, its because ESPN will not dare show all the shadiness that went on in that game via Pittsburgh. It was just rediculous

Santonio Holmes sitting in the endzone for 10 seconds and then getting up and using a football as a prop and not getting a 15 yard penalty was mighty convienient for the Steelers considering the Cards had two time outs and probably would have scored.

That was a major fix. Just like the Seattle game. You think the NFL wants Seattle and Arizona as there Superbowl champions when they could have the might Pittsburgh Steelers?

I've lost all faith in football.

parkmania
02-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Gonzo, the Cards nose tackle just steamrolled the center, an he (the center) was on his ass when the "hold" occurred on the NT's jersey. I've seen dudes with long arms but to grab a jersey while on your back is NOT gonna happen.

James, I've stated previously that that was the ONE borderline call that I could see as being ticky-tacky.

RP, wow. Just wow. Apparently you were watching a very different game than I was. Fitz caught 2 maybe 3 balls ALL GAME and you think he's 35% gonna catch a hail mary pass when the entire secondary would be all over him? Harrison made a FANTASTIC play to end the half. He is NOT a dirty player, and the admittedly stupid play that I agree should have earned an ejection cost him dearly. Up until that point, he was the MVP, because noone else had distinguished themselves.

RP
02-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Fitzgerald caught 7 passes for 127 yards and 2 TD. The Steelers secondary was his bitch. What the fuck game did you watch?

Reavant
02-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Gonzo, the Cards nose tackle just steamrolled the center, an he (the center) was on his ass when the "hold" occurred on the NT's jersey. I've seen dudes with long arms but to grab a jersey while on your back is NOT gonna happen.

no the center pulled him down because he was getting bull rushed. If you get knocked over, it looks clearly different than pulling someoe down. He had a hold of the breast plate and was pulling it down. Thats holding.

Reavant
02-02-2009, 10:12 AM
also the defender started to roll over top of him which is also a clear indication of holding

parkmania
02-02-2009, 10:15 AM
RP, you're right about his overall stats. But through 3 quarters, Fitz caught ONE BALL for ELEVEN YARDS. I hardly call that making someone your bitch. If anything, the Steelers secondary made Larry a non-factor for 3 FUCKING QUARTERS. So, as you said, what fucking game did YOU watch?

Reavant
02-02-2009, 11:23 AM
RP, you're right about his overall stats. But through 3 quarters, Fitz caught ONE BALL for ELEVEN YARDS. I hardly call that making someone your bitch. If anything, the Steelers secondary made Larry a non-factor for 3 FUCKING QUARTERS. So, as you said, what fucking game did YOU watch?

Well, you were both watching the same game, but you clearly didnt understand what you were seeing...

They were covering Larry with inverted coverage the whole game leaving the flat wide open which is why you saw so many passes get completed there with edrin james and arrington and whatever back or tight end that they put in the area.

The ONE time before the fourth quarter that they didnt keep the coverage on Larry and dropped polamolu into the flat, Larry caught the ball for 11 yards. They quickly decided to never leave larry alone again and continue to give up the flats. Then Arizona went into hurry up and pittsburg had to change the way they were playing.

So the mere presence of Larry on the feild caused pittsburg to compromise their coverage. If a team is that scared of you..... they are your bitch.

Krimzon7
02-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Fuck the FUCKING STEELERS. ESPN dressed up the fact that the refs tried to gift wrap the fucking game for the steelers on the drive with three personal fouls. Fuck what you heard, Harrison's shoulder was down before he crossed the endzone. and I feel that Fitzgerald could have been MVP even in a losing effort. Aside from that Dockett went out of his fucking mind in the second half and willed the Card's Defense into the game. I have so much hatred for the steelers that it's unbelievable to most others.

Krimzon7
02-02-2009, 11:33 AM
and exactly how the fuck did harrison get away with molesting fransisco on that punt without being ejected? Let Adrian Wilson try that on Parker, and he'd be showering early.

Fucking Steelers................

Corndad
02-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Wow. The Bashing is hilarious here. Can you guys just give credit for that last drive atleast? That was Clutch. The Refs had nothing to do with that drive. Good lord.

I'm a hardcore fan of the Steelers yes and I do believe the last play should have atleast been reviewed. It was after the game and they came up with it being a fumble still so wouldn't have even mattered. Also found crazy didn't give the 15 yard on the kickoff after the celebration. But they didn't You can't fault the Steelers for them not calling it.

Also Seattle fans needs to get over 3 years ago. I'm tired of their whining. It's done and over with Jesus.

parkmania
02-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Krimzon, just because your Cincinnati Bungles will never, EEEEEEEEVVVVVAAAAAARRR, compete for anything but last place because management doesn't know a quarterback from a quarter-pounder...

You know what - never mind. The fact that you can't see past your "homer" instincts is enough punishment for you.

Reavant
02-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Krimzon, just because your Cincinnati Bungles will never, EEEEEEEEVVVVVAAAAAARRR, compete for anything but last place because management doesn't know a quarterback from a quarter-pounder...

You know what - never mind. The fact that you can't see past your "homer" instincts is enough punishment for you.

How old are you?

parkmania
02-02-2009, 04:32 PM
More than likely, I'm old enough to be your father.

Reavant
02-02-2009, 04:36 PM
well you act like a 6 year old

parkmania
02-02-2009, 04:49 PM
So, defending the team I cheer for against a pack of people who claim that the game was fixed, including one person who will never be placated because they are completely blind to anyone being better than their team makes me seem "like a 6 year old"?!?!?!?

ok.:wtf::wave::wtf:

Krimzon7
02-02-2009, 04:52 PM

Did you stop yourself because you realized that the quarterback/quarter pounder thing is a little off? Carson Palmer is a Pro Bowl Caliber QB.

In any case, I'm still a Bengals FANatic - did you realize that this is the word 'Fan' comes from?

I would have to give you credit if you were to offer up a valid reason for my team's underacheivement (Porus Defense, Poor Coaching, the need to fire M.Lewis). BUt you, like many others, just speak with ignorance about the bungles. It's okay actually, I'm used to your type.

Back to the reason that I'm pissed. The Steelers are living up to the homonym of their name. They managed to steal another SB victory. The refs blew calls all night. Hell Im suprised Big Ben didn't get a Hummer right at the 50 after the game...

Krimzon7
02-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Did you stop yourself because you realized that the quarterback/quarter pounder thing is a little off? Carson Palmer is a Pro Bowl Caliber QB.

In any case, I'm still a Bengals FANatic - did you realize that this is the word 'Fan' comes from?

I would have to give you credit if you were to offer up a valid reason for my team's underacheivement (Porus Defense, Poor Coaching, the need to fire M.Lewis). BUt you, like many others, just speak with ignorance about the bungles. It's okay actually, I'm used to your type.

Back to the reason that I'm pissed. The Steelers are living up to the homonym of their name. They managed to steal another SB victory. The refs blew calls all night. Hell Im suprised Big Ben didn't get a Hummer right at the 50 after the game...

Requiem
02-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Wow. The Bashing is hilarious here. Can you guys just give credit for that last drive atleast? That was Clutch. The Refs had nothing to do with that drive. Good lord.

The last drive was nice, but it wouldn't have mattered had the refs called things right in the first place. An earlier Steelers TD was complete BS, as the dude's entire lower arm was clearly on the ground even though his knee was on the other dude.

That combined with Harrison not getting ejected, and not even reviewing that 'fumble'. Kinda makes me angry now that I think about all that stuff.

parkmania
02-02-2009, 05:14 PM
OK, so Palmer's actually ok (Not really Pro Bowl calibur yet, IMHO, but he's close). Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

As far as being a fan-atic, there's being a supporter of your team, and then there's being blind to facts about your team. I'm a Piitsburgh Pirates fan, as well, yet I realize that the team currently sucks, and I'm able to give credit where it's due.

You want to know where I place the blame for the Bengal's lack of success for the last 20 years? Ownership. A team cannot be that bad that long without a need of a fundamental change in philosophy from the top down. Yes, the Bengals were able to win the AFC North in 2005 - see my squirrel reference above. But they haven't been able to string together 2 above .500 seasons since 1975-76.

I still don't see half the "game fixing calls" that everyone else in this thread claims happened. If there were that many blown calls, surely SOMEONE at ESPN, FoxSports, even Yahoo Sports, would be screaming from the mountaintops. But that's just not happening.

parkmania
02-02-2009, 05:18 PM
The last drive was nice, but it wouldn't have mattered had the refs called things right in the first place. An earlier Steelers TD was complete BS, as the dude's entire lower arm was clearly on the ground even though his knee was on the other dude.

That combined with Harrison not getting ejected, and not even reviewing that 'fumble'. Kinda makes me angry now that I think about all that stuff.

The first thing that actually hit the ground on that play was the HELMET. If the arm was the first thing down, then Ben made it into the end zone on the second Steelers posession.

I fully agree that Harrison's actions were ejection worthy, and was surprised that it didn't happen.

SammyG
02-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Awful reffing. That is all.

McLegend
02-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Carson Palmer would have been probably a top 3 QB in the league had it not of been for Kimo von Oelhoffen.

Krimzon7
02-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Carson Palmer would have been probably a top 3 QB in the league had it not of been for Kimo von Oelhoffen.

This is the reason that the Steelers are high on my shit-o-meter.

Reavant
02-03-2009, 12:04 AM
I still don't see half the "game fixing calls" that everyone else in this thread claims happened. If there were that many blown calls, surely SOMEONE at ESPN, FoxSports, even Yahoo Sports, would be screaming from the mountaintops. But that's just not happening.

your the one saying the safety was bs

The Outlaw
02-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Dansby made that center his whore, and the center could only pull him on top of him. Definitely a holding. All the lineman held "technically" on that play, but they aren't going to call it unless it is blatant, which that one was.

Reffing was atrocious. No unsportsmanlike on Holmes for using the ball as a prop, and no review of the clear incomplete pass. If it was reviewed and overturn, remember that last play would have been from around the 25 due to the 15 yard penalty.

Atrocious reffing to an otherwise stellar game.

Corndad
02-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Dansby made that center his whore, and the center could only pull him on top of him. Definitely a holding. All the lineman held "technically" on that play, but they aren't going to call it unless it is blatant, which that one was.

Reffing was atrocious. No unsportsmanlike on Holmes for using the ball as a prop, and no review of the clear incomplete pass. If it was reviewed and overturn, remember that last play would have been from around the 25 due to the 15 yard penalty.

Atrocious reffing to an otherwise stellar game.

Let's not forget that 15 yard would be negated when Warner took off his helmet that last play.

Stickman
02-04-2009, 12:12 AM
I am not a huge NFL fan, and I didn't care who won at all even though I was cheering for the Cards. I agree with everything RP said. How the hell do you not review that "fumble"? This is the NFL, they do pretty much everything right, and the refs usually get calls like that right But for there to be absolutely no review is rediculous. I don't like blaming the refs for anything, but something was not right there.

Where the hell was the black ref or the big muscular ref who are clearly the best officials in the league?

Shisen Kopf
02-04-2009, 12:19 AM
The Refs screwed the Lions all season, without their bullshit calls it is obvious they would have gone 14-2 and won the superbowl. fuckin refs

Shadow
02-04-2009, 12:25 AM
I am not a huge NFL fan, and I didn't care who won at all even though I was cheering for the Cards. I agree with everything RP said. How the hell do you not review that "fumble"? This is the NFL, they do pretty much everything right, and the refs usually get calls like that right But for there to be absolutely no review is rediculous. I don't like blaming the refs for anything, but something was not right there.

Where the hell was the black ref or the big muscular ref who are clearly the best officials in the league?

Cept they did review it and today have called it a fumble. Well yesterday really.

parkmania
02-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Was flipping through channels last night and when I hit the NFL Network, Rich Eisen was talking to Ed Ferera (sp?) the Vice-President in charge of Officiating. They went over several of the calls that people have been squaking about.

- They showed visual evidence of Holmes' feet both being down.

- They said that if any official had seen Holmes' LeBron immitation that there WOULD have been a penalty. The fact that this happened 10-15 seconds after the end of the play meant that most of the officials had determined that there wasn't going to be any shenanigans - most of this type of penalty happen in the first 5 seconds after scoring - and the crew was getting things set for the point after attempt. They even showed a shot where you could see the side judge turning his back JUST before Santonio starts.

- They said that even if Harrison had been ruled down on the 100-yd INT return, that there was an offensive penalty on the play. An offensive penalty on an INT play to end the half/game works exactly the same as a defenseive penalty - the half gets extended by a play.

- They said that while the on-field officials were discussing the penalty on the Warner fumble with 7 seconds left, the replay official in the booth was looking it over and decided that there wasno reason to call down for a review. After viewing the tape later, the referee agreed that he wouldn't have reversed the call, as the ball was already moving around in Warner's hand before the arm was coming forward. Ferera (sp?) stated that he could understand where the feeling of "we NEED a review" came from, and said he will be discussing that when the officials have their off-season meetings. On such a close play at such a crucial point in such a big game, the integrity of the NFL needed ther to be a second look at the play.

G
02-04-2009, 11:28 AM
I think Roxer probably killed himself.

The Outlaw
02-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Let's not forget that 15 yard would be negated when Warner took off his helmet that last play.

Which wasn't called. I think the refs view it differently when he did it rather than when someone is doing it to celebrate, which is obviously why the Steeler guy (Woodley or something) did it. Doesn't make it any more right, but I've seen a QB take it off to talk to refs a lot more and not get called for it.