PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Marquardt

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-21-2009, 04:01 PM
This guy is a really, really sick fighter. I remember his first UFC fight was the drizzling shits... and since then he's really worked on becoming an intense fighter who goes for the kill.

I love Anderson Silva, but I think if Nate was a little more confidant he could have done better in that fight, even though I wouldn't want him beating the spider. I honestly think he could beat Hendo OR Franklin the way he's been looking. He's got a great gas tank and he can really just go balls out and outclass guys.

He got ROBBED in the Thales Leites fight, I mean I guess he fucked himself over with the illegal knee, but the elbow was bullshit...and other than that knockdown Thales got, Nate pretty much trainwrecked him all fight. He looked like he was in a different class. I mean, how about that piledriver! HOLY SHIT.

And then against Martin Kampann... HOLY SHIT. Kampmann is a tough, tough guy, and Nate made him look BAD. Mind you it was Kampmann's first fight off of a long layoff, but Nate really licked him.

I think the UFC needs to invest more in this guy, because he's turned into an absolute animal ever since that embarassing Salivary fight.

Vastardikai
01-22-2009, 01:23 AM
You do realize that the Spike (aka the Piledriver) is illegal, right?

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-22-2009, 12:06 PM
lol yeah I know it's illegal but there's no doubt of how hardcore it was. And Bob Sapp also got away with doing it to Noguiera.

Reavant
01-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Pride has different rules

Fabien Barthez
01-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Thats because it was legal in Pride.

He beats the people he is supposed to beat, and loses to the ones he needs to beat. He would be fights Silva again if it wasn't for losing to Leites, who everyone thought, other than Silva was his toughest fight out there. He lost. UFC don't invest in guys that haven't really done anything to prove they are worth it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-23-2009, 10:08 AM
The loss to Leites was bullshit though. He beat his ass all fight.

Reavant
01-23-2009, 12:17 PM
if you do illegal moves and you fight to a decision, you are going to lose... there was nothing bull shit about it. you have to be a smart fighter too.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-23-2009, 06:18 PM
I didn't agree with the second call... but either way, he proved he was a better fighter than Leites to me. If they produce a re-match, I guarantee Nate stomps all over him.

They still produced a fight of the night I'm pretty sure. (Could be wrong), it was a great fight. I don't know, I think it was a really good performance. He was just too aggressive.

I also give serious props to Leites for toughing out a pretty brutal asskicking.