PDA

View Full Version : Just something minor...*Rumble spoilers*

Jeritron
01-26-2009, 05:40 PM
I noticed something. So Matt Hardy swerved his brother, and we are to assume that it was him behind the attacks. That hasn't been confirmed yet, so who knows, but it's implied to be the case.

Anyways...the attacks date back to Survivor Series. The problem is, not only was Matt a champion during that time (which downplays the jealousy), but he was helping Jeff Hardy.
He helped Jeff Hardy win the title at Armageddon, presumably after he already was making a dedicated effort to cost him it, multiple times.

So, I know this is WWE and pro wrestling and it's not really a big deal, but it seems like a more glaring than usual plot hole. Is it a bonehead flub up? Or maybe it means something else, like he's turned on Jeff but NOT behind the attacks?

Xero
01-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Assuming Matt is behind the attacks or is somehow involved (which he likely is), they can easily remedy this by having Matt cut a promo about how he was able to give Jeff the title and take it away.

But I'm pretty sure it's just going to be ignored.

ROHFan21
01-26-2009, 05:46 PM
I really don't see it as Matt Hardy being behind the attacks. I think it was just Matt was upset over not winning back the ECW title and just snapped, figuring that if he couldn't get his ECW title back why should his brother keep the WWE title.

Xero
01-26-2009, 05:48 PM
I can see this whole thing leading to Matt, Edge and Christian working together, conspiring against Jeff, eventually leading to a break down of the three and to a Mania four way.

Jeritron
01-26-2009, 05:49 PM
I see it as him being behind the attacks, and them not really putting much thought into having him do a run in at Armageddon beforehand.

Or maybe that means that they didn't decide on it being Matt Hardy until recently?
Maybe that means they had someone else in mind until a recent change of plans (which would also explain taking the title off Matt).

Either way I think it's an oversight, and nothing too complex. Either they goofed back then, or made up their mind on the storyline recently and didn't care. They could easily cover it with a promo, but they won't.

Xero
01-26-2009, 05:50 PM
They could easily cover it with a promo, but they won't.

Pretty much, yeah.

Jeritron
01-26-2009, 05:52 PM
I was perpetuating your opinion. I meant to give you credit on it

Jeritron
01-26-2009, 05:54 PM
This is like when Vince and Donald Trump had their whole thing. Vince suggested them picking hired guns to wrestle the match, since he couldn't physically compete. Then a few weeks later he main event Raw against Bobby Lashley.

In this case though, since there is a lot surrounding this storyline in terms of secrets and swerves, I think this mistake provides a window into what they have up their sleeve. Not a clear picture, but a peak. I say their plans were on something else big, and they reworked it to be Matt. So what happened to the other secret assailant? Was it just Edge or HHH, or was it someone else who's debuting?

Now I've given fire to pyromaniacs and we can watch everyone jump to conclusions.

Dave Youell
01-26-2009, 05:54 PM
I hope for Matt to join Edge and Christian

That's ubber heelage for Matt to join with the man he hates more than anyone to get one over his Brother

Jeritron
01-26-2009, 05:56 PM
That can still be accomplished without Christian

Afterlife
01-26-2009, 05:59 PM
I can see this whole thing leading to Matt, Edge and Christian working together, conspiring against Jeff, eventually leading to a break down of the three and to a Mania four way.

I've been pondering a Mania 4-way myself. But that's never been done, has it? For a title, I mean. It might work, but it almost seems pretty "mid-year-ppv" for Mania. They'd REALLY have pump it, imo.

Dave Youell
01-26-2009, 06:02 PM
You all do realize that's a certain Paul Levesque who has a small say with regards to who's in the main event.

You know, hence why he's feuding with Vickie....

Xero
01-26-2009, 06:02 PM
I've been pondering a Mania 4-way myself. But that's never been done, has it? For a title, I mean. It might work, but it almost seems pretty "mid-year-ppv" for Mania. They'd REALLY have pump it, imo.

WrestleMania 2000, Big Show vs Foley vs Hunter vs Rock, McMahon in every corner.

It's been done, but not well.

I think it CAN work, but this storyline needs to stew for about six months before the four way, so SummerSlam would be better. But since WWE likes to push stuff so fast, Mania works, in their world.

Mania could still be, say, Matt vs Jeff and Edge vs Christian. That lays the ground work for a lot of swerved but it can get to the fatal four way.

Jeritron
01-26-2009, 06:06 PM
You all do realize that's a certain Paul Levesque who has a small say with regards to who's in the main event.

You know, hence why he's feuding with Vickie....

Yea. The thing about that too is that not only would it land him out of the main event, but there's no forseeable option for him.
If HBM ties things up with JBL and faces Taker, then what would HHH do if he wasn't in one of the title matches?
Face Big Show, or JBL?

There just aren't real options.

Hanso Amore
01-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Here we go.

Matt snapped in a jealous rage and took away Jeffs title. Everyone will assume he and Edge are in cohoots, but both will deny it, and there will be a 3 way feud.

They will continue to try to pin the attacks on Edge and Matt, but it will eventually be revealed to be Christian.

4 way at WM.

Afterlife
01-26-2009, 08:31 PM
WrestleMania 2000, Big Show vs Foley vs Hunter vs Rock, McMahon in every corner.

It's been done, but not well.

I think it CAN work, but this storyline needs to stew for about six months before the four way, so SummerSlam would be better. But since WWE likes to push stuff so fast, Mania works, in their world.

Mania could still be, say, Matt vs Jeff and Edge vs Christian. That lays the ground work for a lot of swerved but it can get to the fatal four way.

Ah. I was unaware. :-\ But, since it's not unprecedented, then let's hope it's done well if that's the route.

Here we go.

Matt snapped in a jealous rage and took away Jeffs title. Everyone will assume he and Edge are in cohoots, but both will deny it, and there will be a 3 way feud.

They will continue to try to pin the attacks on Edge and Matt, but it will eventually be revealed to be Christian.

4 way at WM.

Sounds simple enough.

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2009, 01:56 AM
The point about Matt Hardy helping Jeff Hardy win the WWE Title is a bigger hole than the point about Matt not having a reason to be jealous. When Matt won the ECW Title, sure, people were happy, but he didn't want it to be overshadowed by Jeff Hardy winning the WWE Title.

Since the Hardy Boyz have come to the WWE, there has been the WWE Title. The World Heavyweight Title was created in 2002, and if they wanted to be ECW Champion, they would have worked for ECW, wouldn't they? Matt and Jeff have dreamed about becoming WWE Champion. Jeff Hardy was about to accomplish that before Jeff. I assume that is why he attacked Jeff Hardy. That and generally being the smarter and better of the two brothers -- responsible for most of their success -- and getting less credit for it.

I do think that "giving everything to Jeff and then taking it all away" will be a theme that comes into the feud. If it doesn't, well, then it should have. As for WrestleMania plans? There is no way that Triple H is not the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania XXV. I'm sorry, but there's just no way. I once again feel safe predicting Edge vs. Triple H for the WWE Title (I thought we'd get Edge & Christian versus The Hardys for a while), which I think is the best SmackDown! main event possible. That leaves Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy to do battle, and for Christian to work Money in the Bank, or something.

That being said, if we do get Edge, Christian, Matt and Jeff Hardy's fates tangled in coming months, I really hope that it is the older brothers vs. the younger brothers. I think the WWE have come to their senses and realised that Christian will be far more interesting coming in as a face than a heel, and that they are going to try and ride that for a little bit, instead of fighting against it.

Dave Youell
01-27-2009, 03:31 AM
Ok ok,

PEOPLE

HUNTER HURST HELMSLEY is in the same show as a title, there’s no way that the holder of that title will not be facing HHH at mania.

It WILL NOT be a 4 way for the title

Edge is the current champ, he’s not going to job it at No Way Out, that would be 4 changes in 4 months, it’s going to be HHH/Edge at Mania

Christian might be brought in as an insurance policy to make sure Edge doesn’t lose the title at mania

With Matt Vs Jeff on the Mania card, one on one.

It’s the option no one ever wants, but HHH will again be in the main event. And will most probably go over

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2009, 03:37 AM
Ok ok,

PEOPLE

HUNTER HURST HELMSLEY is in the same show as a title, there’s no way that the holder of that title will not be facing HHH at mania.

Edge is the current champ, he’s not going to job it at No Way Out, that would be 4 changes in 4 months, it’s going to be HHH/Edge at Mania

Christian might be brought in as an insurance policy to make sure Edge doesn’t lose the title at mania

It’s the option no one ever wants, but HHH will again be in the main event. And will most probably go over

You pretty much said what I was going for, in a more in-your-face manner. I like it.

Chances of getting a Four-Way for the WWE Title are about as realistic as my old hopes that the WWE would push Val Venis. This is the silver anniversary of WrestleMania. Triple H is going to be going for one of the World Titles.

Besides Edge, there is no one for Triple H to face. He has rivlaries with Big Show and Chavo Guerrero going, but do you see either of them facing Triple H at WrestleMania (in Show's case: again)? It'll be the top heel of SmackDown! defending the belt against one of the top faces that also happens to be banging the boss' daughter.

Also, I hate to burst some bubbles, but it will be Triple H going over at WrestleMania. Edge will take the Pedigree, and he will take it well. Triple H will leave the silver anniversary of WrestleMania setting the new record for most WWE Title wins. Subconsciously, you all know it. Get conscious.

Afterlife
01-27-2009, 03:47 AM
Ok ok,

PEOPLE

You pretty much said what I was going for, in a more in-your-face manner. I like it.

Chances of getting a Four-Way for the WWE Title are about as realistic as my old hopes that the WWE would push Val Venis. This is the silver anniversary of WrestleMania. Triple H is going to be going for one of the World Titles.

Besides Edge, there is no one for Triple H to face. He has rivlaries with Big Show and Chavo Guerrero going, but do you see either of them facing Triple H at WrestleMania (in Show's case: again)? It'll be the top heel of SmackDown! defending the belt against one of the top faces that also happens to be banging the boss' daughter.

Also, I hate to burst some bubbles, but it will be Triple H going over at WrestleMania. Edge will take the Pedigree, and he will take it well. Triple H will leave the silver anniversary of WrestleMania setting the new record for most WWE Title wins. Subconsciously, you all know it. Get conscious.

LA LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Shadow
01-27-2009, 03:50 AM
Ok ok,

PEOPLE

The words shut the fuck up come to mind.

AKin3D
01-27-2009, 04:40 AM
I just wanted to put it out there that HHH has been trying to keep the title off himself for a while now, becuase he's not at his best and has wanted to take some time to get healed. I'm not saying he dosen't want the belt back, but he didn't push to get the danm thing on Jeff all this time for nothing.

GD
01-27-2009, 04:47 AM
Matt just left ECW to rejoin Smackdown!

Dave Youell
01-27-2009, 06:54 AM
The words shut the fuck up come to mind.

You're right,

Shut the fuck up Shadow :foc:

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2009, 08:46 AM
The blunt object Matt Hardy used to pummel Jeff Hardy better turn out to be the ECW Title. That would just be too perfect.

Kane Knight
01-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Now I've given fire to pyromaniacs and we can watch everyone jump to conclusions.

Or as it's better known, "you don't think Chris Jericho is ever coming back!"