PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Jacobs/Kane

Kane Knight
03-26-2004, 12:10 AM
*Note: This is a thread asking for speculation. I post this disclaimer in the hopes that at least some of the inevitable rants about "smarks" thinking they know everything will be stemmed off. Please, t's an opinion/speculation thread, keep that in mind before you piss and moan...*

Do you think Glenn is happy with his character/the WWE/etc. right now? He's seemed a little less into it over the last couple of weeks. I can't really blame him if he is, since his character's just been kinda crushed again.
This guy's like, you know, a massive yo-yo.

Boondock Saint
03-26-2004, 12:17 AM
I agree. He always seems to be pushed then just forgotten about in a sense. I'm sure he gets pissed with those 30-second matches against Rico.

I dunno. I always been "meh" about Kane. Sometimes I'm into him, sometimes I just don't care. When he took off his mask, I was into his character and all. The feud with Shane kind of killed the momentum, but at least he came out victorious. The Taker/Kane feud I was only into because of the "symbols" from Taker. Nothing too special from Kane himself (although there wasn't much he could do, but his promos were pretty good).

I doubt he is 100% happy right now, but I'm sure he's used to this by now and accepts it and is just doing his best to enjoy what he is doing. I guess.

CBright7831
03-26-2004, 12:22 AM
I'm surprised Kane has gotten as far as he has. Paul Bearer once said he was just a prop to push The Undertaker and they were not going to use him after a certain amount of time.

PureHatred
03-26-2004, 12:38 AM
They have him on TV begging both GM's to keep the UT away from him. I'm sure he can't be happy. As long as he's been in this business, as long as he's been Kane, he is in exactly the same position he was years ago: jobbing to Undertaker.

CBright7831
03-26-2004, 12:45 AM
This is his third/fourth run feuding with Undertaker.

PureHatred
03-26-2004, 12:48 AM
That's my point. his character is stale.

CBright7831
03-26-2004, 12:50 AM
That's my point. his character is stale.
The highest point in his career was beating Stone Cold and winning the WWE Title.

Only to lose the damn thing the next night.

Kane Knight
03-26-2004, 01:02 AM
I agree. He always seems to be pushed then just forgotten about in a sense. I'm sure he gets pissed with those 30-second matches against Rico.

I dunno. I always been "meh" about Kane. Sometimes I'm into him, sometimes I just don't care. When he took off his mask, I was into his character and all. The feud with Shane kind of killed the momentum, but at least he came out victorious. The Taker/Kane feud I was only into because of the "symbols" from Taker. Nothing too special from Kane himself (although there wasn't much he could do, but his promos were pretty good).

I doubt he is 100% happy right now, but I'm sure he's used to this by now and accepts it and is just doing his best to enjoy what he is doing. I guess.
Yeah, I'm kinda on-the-fence about Kane. Contrary to the presumption a lot of people make about my screen name, I'm not particularly a Kane fan.

He's had his moments, though. And I can't help but feel sorry for him, because every time they build him up, they totally kill him.

Stickman
03-26-2004, 01:24 AM
Yeah I don't think he's happy. I haven't enjoyed him since the day he took off his mask. The reason being is that he was wearing make up and shaved his head in a dumb looking way. I just didn't buy it anymore. Now all he does is breathe heavily into the mic and screem a lot. I haven't believed him to be a monster since before his first face turn way back when. He's probably not happy cuz he probably feels the same.

Kane Knight
03-26-2004, 01:32 AM
He seemed like a monster about the time they unmasked him to me. When Shane beat him down, it killed him in my eyes, and he's not been the same. However, Kane might've looked like a monster had he taken out 'Taker.

So now, he's just a second-rate 'Taker again. He's never gonna evolve, never gonna be anything more than that other guy.

CBright7831
03-26-2004, 01:51 AM
At least Kane can say that he won on an episode of The Weakest Link.

:y:

Good job, Glenn, you smart feller, you.

DewMaster13
03-26-2004, 01:56 AM
Yea he did win the Weakest Link. Kane was great when he toke off his mask now I am wishing he never did. He was so KOOL without for a month or 2 then it jsut sucked and I wanted the mask back.

Rock Bottom
03-26-2004, 03:00 AM
Kane doesn't strike me as the type of guy to bitch about his job. Things may not be booked very great, for Kane fans, but I really just don't see him being too unhappy. Take a look at his past gimmicks. And while he's no main-eventer, he is not the only guy that jobs to the Undertaker. He's had a feud with Bret Hart, he's won the title (even if it was just for a night), he's had an IC title reign... and he works for the biggest wrestling business in the world.

I think there is a smidgen of a chance that Kane might be satisfied.

But when you go into him being pushed and depushed, it sucks ASS. Kane is the man and deserves alot better than that shi</>t. Seriously. Here is a guy who comes to work, he is a big guy, he can put on a good match for a big man. He is great with his character, his acting is awesome. I love his new look, he has cool pyro, and you don't see him getting injured alot. His gimmick was just an off-shoot of the 'Taker however, and it may stay that way as long as 'Taker is around. But you have got to wonder, even if 'Taker weren't, where would Kane be? With the WWE title?

I doubt it. And I think it sucks. And I still hope 'Taker jobs to Kane on the way out. It's the least he could do.

Kane Knight
03-26-2004, 03:08 AM
Kane doesn't strike me as the type of guy to bitch about his job.
Bitching about your job and being happy/satisfied with your job are two different things tho.

ILots of people bitch even when they're satisfied, and lots of people won't complain even when they're pissed about their job.

Could just mean that Jacobs is taking it in stride. That doesn't necessarily mean he's happy about things, it could just mean he doesn't feel it's "his place" to question things.

Rock Bottom
03-26-2004, 03:19 AM
True that. Either way, I think he is one of the greatest and most badly booked and underrated wrestlers there ever was.

Kane Knight
03-26-2004, 03:25 AM
True that. Either way, I think he is one of the greatest and most badly booked and underrated wrestlers there ever was.
I'm not sure about the greatest. He's been horribly misused though. It's pretty clear that the way they've built him up has worked, and they kill it any time it looks like he's going anywhere.

That's even more annoying than seeing them squander some of the talent rotting in their undercard.

Vega
03-26-2004, 03:26 AM
My speculation is that he probably pushed to remove the mask.

It was hard to work with, and having to hide his face everywhere was getting pretty stupid and tiresome for him i'm sure.

He's probably happy as far as that aspect goes.

As for his character, it's becoming somewhat stale but at least it's not in a Katie Vick storyline.

Mikey
03-26-2004, 03:36 AM
Okay then here is the question. We have seen Kane as the monster heel and the lighthearted babyface where does he go from here?

AareDub
03-26-2004, 08:54 AM
I kinda hope he'll do something that pisses off evolution. That could lead to a Kane/Batista feud. Batista is going to draw the heat because he's a member of evolution, that means they'll cheer Kane without him having to give up his dominating monster type gimmick. I say keep him off the mic as much as they can and just book it like two powerhouses going after each other. Batista could pick up a win or two, but Kane would eventually go over.

KillerWolf
03-26-2004, 07:55 PM
I kinda hope he'll do something that pisses off evolution. That could lead to a Kane/Batista feud. Batista is going to draw the heat because he's a member of evolution, that means they'll cheer Kane without him having to give up his dominating monster type gimmick. I say keep him off the mic as much as they can and just book it like two powerhouses going after each other. Batista could pick up a win or two, but Kane would eventually go over.
NO!!! dont keep Kane off the mic. on the current roster, Kane is probably my favorite. and it aint for his wrestling. i think that his current character is the best its ever been, because it's NOT necessarilly an 'undertaker spin-off'.
the booking has just been.............i'm speechless!

KillerWolf
03-26-2004, 08:02 PM
and another thing. his current monster heel character is probably the best 'gimmic' in the business right now. IMO it would be shitty to turn him face by feuding with evolution. they need to
a) give kane more tv time
b) put kane over as a heel by having feud with a top face...........and be victorious

i would actually like to see kane feud with foley. that would be great!

Shaggy
03-26-2004, 08:18 PM
Poor Kane hopefully the WWE can make his character big again. Im tired of seeing him left in the dust. He needs to get back in the title hunt.

Gerard
03-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Yeah I don't think he's happy. I haven't enjoyed him since the day he took off his mask. The reason being is that he was wearing make up and shaved his head in a dumb looking way. I just didn't buy it anymore. Now all he does is breathe heavily into the mic and screem a lot. I haven't believed him to be a monster since before his first face turn way back when. He's probably not happy cuz he probably feels the same.

He wasn't wearing makeup, that black stuff around his eyes was because of the leather of the mask pressing against his face, according to "percy pringle" on his site he had those markings after wearing it for any amount of time.

Ricky
03-26-2004, 08:36 PM
He shouldn't be scared of anyone.

Oxstar
03-26-2004, 09:04 PM
i was really into kane wen he first was in wwe! but after him been around for about a year or so i got the internet and i found out he was the fake dieseil! then i just thought he sucked! but he was still good!
your right he is a yo-yo and eva since he took the mask off he has sucked so much!
y dont they let him put the mask back on? if they do i promise to forget fake diesiel and that he eva took the mask off!

Kane Knight
03-26-2004, 09:27 PM
:nono:

Arashi Kage
03-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Plain and simple.........

Issac Yankem DDS

Let Lawler manage him and we have a perfect solution to all Kane's problems.

:lol:

Jacko
03-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Kane + Destruction = HELL etc...

Kane + Being a pussy = **** off etc.. get my drift?

Nowhere Man
03-27-2004, 01:37 AM
Jacobs has got to be a hell of a professional about his work. I mean, he's had more godawful gimmicks than anyone I can think of off the top of my head (except maybe Ed Leslie), and he's stuck with it. Compared to Diesel 2, the Christmas Creature, or Katie Vick, even the newest version of Kane looks pretty damn good.

Kane Knight
03-27-2004, 01:52 AM
Jacobs has got to be a hell of a professional about his work. I mean, he's had more godawful gimmicks than anyone I can think of off the top of my head (except maybe Ed Leslie), and he's stuck with it. Compared to Diesel 2, the Christmas Creature, or Katie Vick, even the newest version of Kane looks pretty damn good.
Hell, they could dress Kane up in a tutu and change his finisher to the "Dance of the Sugarplum Faerie From Hell," and it'd still be better than most of those gimmicks.

Nowhere Man
03-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Hell, they could dress Kane up in a tutu and change his finisher to the "Dance of the Sugarplum Faerie From Hell," and it'd still be better than most of those gimmicks.

Silence, you! You'll give them ideas!

John la Rock
03-27-2004, 02:18 AM
the bottom line is that he gets paid to do whatever Vince says and I'm sure he gets paid very well

Kane Knight
03-27-2004, 02:30 AM
Silence, you! You'll give them ideas!
not if we let 'em know how good an idea it'll be...;)

Kane Knight
03-27-2004, 02:31 AM
the bottom line is that he gets paid to do whatever Vince says and I'm sure he gets paid very well
Yeah, but that wasn't really the question.

Corkscrewed
03-27-2004, 02:46 AM
This is his third/fourth run feuding with Undertaker.

Square that a few times.

John la Rock
03-27-2004, 02:53 AM
Yeah, but that wasn't really the question.

I think he's happy with whatever gimmick he has cause of his paycheck