PDA

View Full Version : SEGA Network Robot Wars

Kalyx triaD
01-30-2009, 03:57 AM
SEGA is making a 10-on-10 mecha arcade game. Think about that for a sec.

Though I'm certain this will not come to the US, I always figured that Arcades died when consoles stepped it up. But something of the magnitude of what SEGA's trying is the type of thing that would bring me back to the arcades. I remember sit-in arcades about jets or star fighters (and mechs) and I always thought of those as experiences consoles can never replicate. If arcades are to return, they need to be spectacles, I'm talking theme park rides you can play. Best of luck to SEGA's project.

Vietnamese Crippler
01-30-2009, 04:56 AM
Man, I hope it's like an updated Virtua On, that game was badass.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-i5J1VMODvo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Kane Knight
01-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Arcades are no longer economically feasible for the most part.

Granted, I would probably nerdgasm over something like this....

Kalyx triaD
01-30-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm still partial to an elaborate sit-in cockpit. Light gun games will always be fun, so long as the [always] jackass arcade staff calibrate the damn thing right. I'm playing House of Dead with two pistols Dante style, and I have to shoot like half a foot off target to make the shot! Gay.

Silent
02-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Only place you might possibly see this in the US is Arcade Infinity (Southern California) or at one of Sega's GameWorks places, and even then, doubtful.

For the record arcades are not dead, but almost none are going to spend that kind of money.

Vietnamese Crippler
02-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Last time I went to Arcade Infinity, the only full on booths I saw were for the driving games. I don't think something like this would have a chance.

Xero
02-06-2009, 07:44 PM
"You have to be in the same room for multiplayer!? n00bs."