PDA

View Full Version : Zero Punctuation

jaycool2k
01-30-2009, 10:53 AM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation

I am sure most of you must know of this man, for the people who don't...enjoy! :)

Very honest and true reviews on the latest games :rofl:

Xero
01-30-2009, 10:58 AM
.,>><,./.,?!!%&%*$%#$!

jaycool2k
01-30-2009, 11:10 AM
.,>><,./.,?!!%&%*$%#$!

You know the rule about ejaculating away from the keyboard right? :lol:

#BROKEN Hasney
01-30-2009, 11:30 AM
How heavy is your spunk if it can hit keys?

jaycool2k
01-30-2009, 11:39 AM
How heavy is your spunk if it can hit keys?

Never weighed it i am afraid, so i am unable to answer your question sorry...

Kane Knight
01-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Yes. We know about it. So well is it known that two or three other threads appeared before yours.

Anyway, I dislike this trend in popular culture where being mean for the sole sake of cruelty is mistaken for honesty, and sarcasm is mistaken for honesty. Partially because I'm more of a jerk than Doctor Phil, Yahtzee and Simon Cowell in some bizarre hybrid form, and partially because it's disingenuous and stupid.

Zero Punctuation is entertaining and--dare I say--funny, but the notion that he is honest and truthful is complete shit, up there with mistaking Gilligan's Island with an historical recreation of a plucky band of survivors who made radios out of coconuts. In fact, he does the opposite--Brutally ripping a game apart or stretching the truth for the sake of a laugh. The formula works, and like his recent "review" of Gears of War 2, it makes sense to stick with a winning formula.

I'll postscript that by saying I hope that the :rofl: icon was an indication you knew it was false, and not just implying you thought he was funny, but so many people fellate Yahtzee because it "tells it like it is (I can't believe we still use that phrase)," rather than the real reason: He makes jokes about triple-cunted hookers and hates everything.

jaycool2k
01-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Yes. We know about it. So well is it known that two or three other threads appeared before yours.

Anyway, I dislike this trend in popular culture where being mean for the sole sake of cruelty is mistaken for honesty, and sarcasm is mistaken for honesty. Partially because I'm more of a jerk than Doctor Phil, Yahtzee and Simon Cowell in some bizarre hybrid form, and partially because it's disingenuous and stupid.

Zero Punctuation is entertaining and--dare I say--funny, but the notion that he is honest and truthful is complete shit, up there with mistaking Gilligan's Island with an historical recreation of a plucky band of survivors who made radios out of coconuts. In fact, he does the opposite--Brutally ripping a game apart or stretching the truth for the sake of a laugh. The formula works, and like his recent "review" of Gears of War 2, it makes sense to stick with a winning formula.

I'll postscript that by saying I hope that the :rofl: icon was an indication you knew it was false, and not just implying you thought he was funny, but so many people fellate Yahtzee because it "tells it like it is (I can't believe we still use that phrase)," rather than the real reason: He makes jokes about triple-cunted hookers and hates everything.

Thanks for the responce. I was indeed being sarcastic when talking about him being honest etc through his reviews. I just find humour in his terminology and the way it is produced. I thought it may have been posted before, but there is always one or two people who have never seen his work.

Requiem
01-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah, he is funny -sometimes-, but his reviews are neither unbiased, fair, or truthful most of the time. Sometimes, he doesn't even put effort into playing the game he's reviewing.. he just pops it in for a day, and then reviews it.

Fryza
01-30-2009, 01:52 PM
I watch it for the fact that he does tear games to shit.

Kane Knight
01-30-2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah, he is funny -sometimes-, but his reviews are neither unbiased, fair, or truthful most of the time. Sometimes, he doesn't even put effort into playing the game he's reviewing.. he just pops it in for a day, and then reviews it.

Yeah. I laugh when he can't figure out a plot device I understand. I'm a total ADHD case. I skip every possible cutscene 85% of the time. I am not patient. So when he's complaining that he couldn't do something or figure out something, I'm pretty sure he just didn't put any effort into it. Not that I care, because I'm watching him for humor value. I don't think he'll ever factor into my purchase of a game, but I like his commentary, and he can be hilarious when he's on.

.44 Magdalene
01-30-2009, 08:39 PM
I watch it for the fact that he does tear games to shit.

This. He's not a legitimate game reviewer, he's a comedian. Yahtzee reviews games like Jon Stewart delivers the news.

Fignuts
01-31-2009, 03:57 AM
Definitly overly critical, but funny nonetheless.

The Destroyer
01-31-2009, 07:08 AM
Yahtzee's good for a laugh every Wednesday - he does make good points about games on occasion though, even if he can be a bit too critical.

UmbrellaCorporation
02-01-2009, 03:27 PM
He's actually not that bad. Some of his reviews irk me, as it seems like he just tries to be overly critical, but I can appreciate the humor in that, even if I love a game he's tearing to shreds (SSBB).

That being said, I still prefer AVGN though.

Fryza
02-01-2009, 04:10 PM
I do think his reviews of the games are normally spot on. Mainly cause I tend to hate most games as well.