PDA

View Full Version : It might just be me but I really feel that Randy Orton replaced Y2J

Savio
01-31-2009, 03:30 PM
in the Employee vs Corporation storyline.

Jeritron
01-31-2009, 03:56 PM
Yea, I think so too. I think that's why Jericho was fired, and then brought back a week later for no real reason.

Personally, I think the storyline was intended for Jericho, but then the Mickey Rourke thing came up.
So, then they put Orton in the storyline so Jericho could be free for other plans.

Now, it seems like Rourke and Jericho won't be having a match because Rourke's agent convinced him to back out on what he started.
Tough break for Jericho, as he'll probably now end up in Money in the Bank, when he should have been in either a McMahon/Title storyline, or a major celebrity storyline.
Oh well.

Dorkchop
01-31-2009, 05:56 PM
The storyline is better for Jericho. I don't like how they quickly gave it to Orton. I don't see why they can't have both guys fight the corporation.

Juan
01-31-2009, 05:59 PM
I dunno, whatever the case, I think it worked out well. Jericho put over the McMahons by getting on his knees and apologizing, then Orton came out and made the McMahons look like fools.

Legend Killer
01-31-2009, 06:05 PM
what was up with Shane becoming Billy Bad Ass though?

the4thnobleman
02-01-2009, 03:11 AM
Possibly a way to pass the torch for the Main McMahon television faces from Vince to the kids?

Maybe it was just a way to extend the story for a week or so, or give Shane-O-Mac another "hardcore" match where he jumps from three stories onto a bed of rabies-infested cats where Orton was tossed prior.

I'd feel like an ass, but i'd laugh like hell to the sounds the cats would make.

Horrible punches from Shane though. Half or better were not even on the mark, and the ones that did hit were those pissy rabbit punches. Steel chair would have served its purpose here, but I assume we're seeing a lot less of that thanks to the rating limitations.

Sting Fan
02-01-2009, 04:27 AM
The storyline is better for Jericho. I don't like how they quickly gave it to Orton. I don't see why they can't have both guys fight the corporation.

That would be great to see I reckon.

Chavo Classic
02-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Possibly a way to pass the torch for the Main McMahon television faces from Vince to the kids?

I can't see that happening for a while. Vince will still be in the ring taking stunners and chokeslams when he's 80 for the pops and ego-trip.

Sepholio
02-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Shane is gonna BAHGAWDSTUNNERBBQSAUCE either Vince or Steph at WM. Calling it now.

Krimzon7
02-01-2009, 10:18 AM
I don't know, I like orton in the role. it sucks for jericho that he doesn't have the Rourke thing to do now, but hey, has HE ever won MITB? It would be one more notch on his belt wouldn't it? I mean he thought of the match, at least let him win one.

Kane Knight
02-01-2009, 11:34 AM
I don't know, I like orton in the role. it sucks for jericho that he doesn't have the Rourke thing to do now, but hey, has HE ever won MITB? It would be one more notch on his belt wouldn't it? I mean he thought of the match, at least let him win one.

MITB is nice, but the big feud with the McMahons might have been better. A high profile feud is often times better than the prestige of MITB or any title.

Granted, it's clear that WWE wants to use MITB to springboard people, so you may be right.

abec
02-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Shane is gonna BAHGAWDSTUNNERBBQSAUCE either Vince or Steph at WM. Calling it now.
Shane is a third generation owner, he'll end up joining Ortons little group.

Theo Dious
02-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Shane is a third generation owner, he'll end up joining Ortons little group.

And this would be new? Do you remember a little thing called the Corporate Ministry?

Kane Knight
02-01-2009, 02:34 PM
A divide amongst the McMahons? God, that's unprecedented!

Supreme Olajuwon
02-01-2009, 02:57 PM
And this would be new? Do you remember a little thing called the Corporate Ministry?
That was a fake feud to swerve Austin. Personally, I would've used the Invasion as my example.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-01-2009, 02:59 PM
In fact, I believe as it stands now, Shane has fake feuded with Vince to swerve Austin twice and for real feuded with Vince twice.

the4thnobleman
02-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Jericho could join on the basis of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". He wouldn't have to faction with the Legacy angle to do a few run-ins and screw over the McMahons in an effort to gain nice old fashioned revenge.

Jericho could even be the first to fall victim to a Shane double-cross and then side with the very McMahon he hates in Steph. A weird good-heel role. Or Steph could work him against Orton while dangling a Championship or MITB spot.

There's possibilities for a lot to happen. But it's near guaranteed that creative will fudge ALL the potential in the process.