PDA

View Full Version : Is he worth keeping around? (Goldust)

Rollermacka
02-01-2009, 11:16 PM
So do you think that Goldust is worth keeing around? He's had a few matches here and there on Raw against Santino with little funny promos inbetween, and he had a little stare down against Cody before being elimated by him at the Rumble. He looks like he's lost a few pounds since the "Black Reign" days, and looks better in the ring than he has in a while. I havent seen Kizarney since his debut so they cant stick those two together, but there's still Boogeyman :shifty: On that thought they could stick him on ECW and have Goldie and Boogen freak out the cool kids (The Miz and Morrison) and eventually make them tag champs. Or since the ECW title has kinda been the world title for everyone who's not had one yet (Mark Henry, Matt Hardy, Chavo, Kane) could we finally see a Golden World Champ? So I want to say yes, keep him around for a little while, work him back up (and into even better shape) and maybe give him the ECW World title for a while or maybe a couple times.

Juan
02-01-2009, 11:18 PM
I think that right now, yes. He has a ready-made program with Cody. We'll see after that.

Kane Knight
02-01-2009, 11:20 PM
In Goldy's case, I don't think it matters.

Mercury Bullet
02-02-2009, 01:16 AM
He can be mildly entertaining, so sure why not.

Dorkchop
02-02-2009, 01:27 AM
There's a lot you can do with the character, but I doubt WWE will ever give him anything more than some jobber comedic role. Goldust can be such an interesting character. WWE doesn't seem to be interested in real character development. He still has the potential to have some really interesting story lines and angles... even more so if he gets to be all creepy and shit. It won't happen. instead he'll have a half assed feud with Cody, job, and their feud will only be mentioned twice after that, Goldust will be released again and will probably never be hired again.

Dorkchop
02-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Oh, and to answer the question in the title of the thread: no. To me he is worth keeping around if he'll actually be used, but we know that's not going to happen.

The Optimist
02-02-2009, 05:28 AM
If for nothing else than to complete a full storyline with Cody for months and put him over convincingly, yes.

.44 Magdalene
02-02-2009, 07:03 AM
He's already being used more than I thought he would. I say hold onto him for a while, the stuff with Cody has been making me mark out of my trousers.

Afterlife
02-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Goldust is fantastic.

wwe2222
02-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Goldust should always be around.

FourFifty
02-02-2009, 10:08 AM
He has a ready made program with Cody, which could turn him from the goofy comedy persona back into the darker, more preverted Goldust. Hell, they can bring in the Dream to side with Cody, and have Goldust start calling Cody "Daddy's Favorite."

Anybody Thrilla
02-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Old school Goldust was, dare I say, one of the best characters in WWE history. If we can even get half of that, I say keep him.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Future GM

NeanderCarl
02-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Goldust is trying to steal Marty Jannetty's crown for "most tenures in WWE".

The last time they tried to give him any kind of push as an actual serious part of the roster (2002, feud with Van Dam) it was a flop. Keep him as comedic light relief (the Booker T stuff, the usual schtick he portrays, the Tourette's angle) and he is pretty entertaining.

Totally washed up inside the ring, of course, but if they aren't pushing him seriously then what does that matter?

Still, the Goldust stuff seems to have a finite shelf life before they "got nothing for him" and release him, only to bring him back a year or two down the line. Maybe, if they want to use him in any kind of money drawing way, their best bet is to drop Goldust, exhume early 90s WCW style Dustin Rhodes and push him as a veteran son of a legend, feuding with Cody Rhodes and later used as a midcard face to help put new guys over whilst still having a modicum of success in his own right (I could see old-school Dustin Rhodes as IC champ for a while).

NeanderCarl
02-04-2009, 12:52 PM
That doesn't mean I would want to see that, mind. At this stage of his career, the best Dustin Runnels has to offer in the way of entertainment is the Goldust persona, comedy version. But the heady days of his being a topline guy whilst wearing the costume, c.1996/1997, are long gone.