PDA

View Full Version : There been any good DS games of late?

Kane Knight
02-02-2009, 12:55 AM
Problem I have with finding good games is all the crapware that's put out in between. I don't exactly spend a lot of time with my DS, and recently, it's mostly been more the stuff like Sudoku and a couple of language games, but I'd kind of like to have some game titles that are more recent. Last game I bought was probably Advance Wars DoR, to give you an idea of how long it's been.

DaveWadding
02-02-2009, 01:07 AM
Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff

G
02-02-2009, 01:13 AM
AoE: Mythologies, Civ Revolutions, CoD:WaW, GH:On Tour and Decades, Metal Slug 7, Moon, Slingo Quest.

Those are the ones I've been playing a lot lately on my CycloDS, so I apologize if one is an older title.

Titles that are coming out that I'm excited for are CORE, Gauntlet and GTA. :y:

The Mackem
02-02-2009, 03:42 AM
Bought a DS for my girlfriend a while back and haven't bought anything for it, just have the three games that came with it. Last DS 'activity' was borrowing a game of my brother for her to play while she was travelling. There never looks like any games worth playing.

.44 Magdalene
02-02-2009, 05:31 AM
I haven't been keeping up with DS games lately (being broke and all), but off the top of my head (and the quality here varies wildly depending your tastes): Kirby Superstar Ultra, Rune Factory 2, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Chrono Trigger remake, Luminous Arc 2, Metal Slug 7

Kane Knight
02-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Not a RTS fan, but I have Metal Slug Anthology, so I'll probably pick up MS7. I'll have to look up Rune Factory and Slingo Quest.

Dorkchop
02-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Big Bang Mini just came out and is one of the best DS games ever made. Plus it's only $20. Pick it up if you like fun games.

Retro game Challenge comes out next week. It's based off a Japanese show from the 80s I think, but a lot had to be changed because of licensing.

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix comes out later this month. First one was great, but became impossible at a certain point. My almost wife and I are stuck at the exact same spot. I heard the new one isn't as cheap.

Dorkchop
02-02-2009, 11:41 PM
The World Ends with You was pretty damn awesome. It started off all teenage angsty, but I really got into the story. Battles are really fun. One of the most unique DS games out there.

There are quite a few big RPGs coming out this year, if you're into those kinds of games. Some seem like they're going to be pretty epic. Avalon Code is coming out in a month. It's made by the same people who did the Final Fantasy remakes for DS.

Funky Fly
02-03-2009, 12:46 AM
The DS has a pretty big library of good games, actually. And as long as you have an original DS or a DS Lite, you can also play GBA games (even bigger library of good games).

Should be able to get a lot of the older titles on the cheap too.

.44 Magdalene
02-03-2009, 12:49 AM
GBA GAMES ARE NOT "AS OF LATE," FUNKADORE FLY.

GAWSH.

Fryza
02-03-2009, 04:02 AM
Fire Emblem hits this month. <3

Kane Knight
02-03-2009, 09:22 AM
The DS has a pretty big library of good games, actually. And as long as you have an original DS or a DS Lite, you can also play GBA games (even bigger library of good games).

Should be able to get a lot of the older titles on the cheap too.

Looking for recent stuff, really.

BigDaddyCool
02-03-2009, 09:38 AM
We just play Mario on the DS.

Funky Fly
02-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Looking for recent stuff, really.

Yeah, I know. That was really aimed at Mackem.

G
02-05-2009, 12:44 AM
I just downloaded this game "Prism: Light the Way". It's actually quite a fun puzzle game.

The Truly Brilliant Puzzle Game. Color the light, split the light, bounce and bend the light to create the one illuminating pattern that solves all. Solve 120 unique puzzles increasing in complexity and difficulty. Infinite Puzzle mode serves up and endless stream of fresh challenges. Beautifully addicting. [Eidos Interactive]

http://i.testfreaks.fr/images/products/600x400/108/prism-light-the-way-ds.396396.jpg
http://www.harmonicflow.com/game/screenshots/prism_screen2.jpg
http://www.harmonicflow.com/game/screenshots/prism_screen1.jpg

Kane Knight
02-06-2009, 01:00 AM
That looks mad weird, but interesting.

.44 Magdalene
02-06-2009, 03:05 AM
"Mad weird" pretty much describes alot of the DS's quality games. Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, etc.

G
02-06-2009, 11:17 AM
I'd describe Phoenix Wright as "mad boring".

DaveWadding
02-07-2009, 02:55 AM
Slingo Quest.

Didn't even realize this was out. Went and bought it today.

I fucking hate Slingo. I can get to playing and waste hours and hours on it (like I have been tonight). :(

V
02-07-2009, 03:27 AM
get an R4 and play the games out for free.. then you dont have to worry about whats' good or not, if you dont like it, DL the next game..

an R4 is actually cheaper than a DS game, and allows you to play every game there is :o

G
02-07-2009, 09:55 AM
No, do not get a R4. They stopped receiving firmware updates a long time ago since the R4 team called it quits. The R4 is junk now. I wasted money on 2 of them before getting sick of the compatibility issues and replaced them with CycloDS'.

G
02-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Didn't even realize this was out. Went and bought it today.

I fucking hate Slingo. I can get to playing and waste hours and hours on it (like I have been tonight). :(

I love that game. I only wish they put multiplayer in it. :'(