PDA

View Full Version : Movies you think will be REMADE!

thedamndest
02-04-2009, 02:38 AM
Not necessarily what you want to be remade, but you know how it goes. Here are some candidates.

Toxic Avenger
Attack of the Killer Tomatos
The Blob (3D)?
2001: A Space Odyssey
Robocop

Jeritron
02-04-2009, 02:44 AM
Robocop is being remade right now, by DARREN ARONOFKSY. Should be interesting as hell

Jeritron
02-04-2009, 02:53 AM
April Fools Day
Slaughter High
Creepshow
The Towering Inferno
Citizen Kane
Salem's Lot
Scream

Boondock Saint
02-04-2009, 05:20 AM
April Fool's Day was remade

Jeritron
02-04-2009, 05:28 AM
How can I even keep track? Everythings being remade in horror. Hell, in general. That's why I jokingly suggested Citizen Kane. Give it a few years and it probably won't be a joke anymore.

El Vaquero de Infierno
02-04-2009, 06:09 AM
I wouldn't be surprise if George Lucas decided to remake the original Star Wars trilogy, entirely.

OssMan
02-04-2009, 10:04 AM
I think there's supposed to be a Hollywood remake of Battle Royale. Would prolly have Shia LaBeuff in it :-\

YOUR Hero
02-04-2009, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't be surprise if George Lucas decided to remake the original Star Wars trilogy, entirely.
Never thought of it, but now thatyou say that, I wouldn't be surprised either.

Savio
02-04-2009, 10:33 AM
they should remake last action hero a long time from now. They could have done a lot more with getting villains from other movies etc.

IC Champion
02-04-2009, 04:00 PM
The Warriors.

Kane Knight
02-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Never thought of it, but now thatyou say that, I wouldn't be surprised either.

I'm surprised it hasn't occurred to you. Been talking about it since they did the special editions in the 90s.

Let's see...

Highlander (Sure that once the owners have decided the series has been run into the ground, it'll get some hip remake of the original)
The Godfather
Blackula
Harry Potter (It'll probably be 20 years, mind)
Ben Hurrrrrrr
The Crow

IC Champion
02-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Whoa, you can't remake The Godfather. That would be blasphemous.

thedamndest
02-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Horror movies or sci-fi movies with dated technology are almost a lock.

Inadequacy
02-04-2009, 04:32 PM
All of them

Boondock Saint
02-04-2009, 06:10 PM
The Crow

[“The Crow” will fly again.

Stephen Norrington has signed on to write and direct a reinvention of “The Crow,” based on the comic created by James O’Barr.

Ryan Kavanaugh’s Relativity Media is negotiating with producer Ed Pressman to acquire the film franchise and finance the film.

Pressman produced the 1994 Alex Proyas-directed screen transfer, in which rock musician Eric Draven is murdered trying to rescue his girlfriend from thugs, and returns from the dead one year later to exact vengeance. Though the original became a gothic-style hit that grossed nearly $100 million worldwide, it is primarily remembered for a tragic accident in which star Brandon Lee was killed during filming.

For Norrington, “The Crow” deal marks the end of a long screen sabbatical. After making his breakthrough with the Marvel Comics hero “Blade,” Norrington took on a big-budget comic transfer with “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.” Neither the director nor his star, Sean Connery, has made a film since.

Norrington said he felt demoralized by that experience, and the accomplished sculptor spent the next five years writing and working on his art. He made a deal to direct “Clash of the Titans” for Warner Bros., but left the project, he said, because he was “unable to excite Warner Bros. with my take, or influence the screenplay to any comfortable extent.” That pic goes into production early next year with Louis Leterrier at the helm.

Norrington resolved to focus on independent projects, and sparked to an approach on “The Crow” from Relativity production chief Tucker Tooley and Pressman. Norrington had a relationship with Pressman when they came close to making “Mutant Chronicles” several years ago. Both embraced Norrington’s vision of the antihero, which Norrington said will be different than the film Proyas made.

“Whereas Proyas’ original was gloriously gothic and stylized, the new movie will be realistic, hard-edged and mysterious, almost documentary-style,” Norrington told Daily Variety.

Norrington is repped by Endeavor.

El Vaquero de Infierno
02-04-2009, 06:17 PM
I think there's supposed to be a Hollywood remake of Battle Royale. Would prolly have Shia LaBeuff in it :-\

I can tell that would be shit.

El Vaquero de Infierno
02-04-2009, 06:19 PM
If they decided to remake The Godfather, i'd be going around Hollywood on a castrating spree.

Funky Fly
02-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I really hate this thread. So fucking depressing.

Jeritron
02-04-2009, 09:03 PM
http://www.bfi.org.uk/features/interviews/images/richard_attenborough_185.jpg
I really hate this thread...

thedamndest
02-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Swamp Thing is a candidate.

OssMan
02-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Jungle Fever

Krimzon7
02-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Masters of the Universe

Kane Knight
02-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Whoa, you can't remake The Godfather. That would be blasphemous.

And so out of keeping with the morals and decency for which we normally remember Hollywood.

AKin3D
02-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Attack of The Killer Tomatos comes out this year.
Heck everything I think of, I check imdb and it's coming out this year, next year or by 1212. I mean even Astro Boy wasn't safe.

thedamndest
02-06-2009, 02:43 AM
Wow. They are cruising through my list. Wikipedia says that Tomatoes is being done by the Ask a Ninja folks. Okay.

DaveBrawl
02-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Big Trouble in Little China. They should just rerelease it in all of it's glory, don't touch a single thing about it.

Fryza
02-06-2009, 01:26 PM
[“The Crow” will fly again.

Stephen Norrington has signed on to write and direct a reinvention of “The Crow,” based on the comic created by James O’Barr.

Awesome. Maybe this one will follow the comic this time around.

On a different note, 'The Creature from the Black Lagoon' is scheduled to be remade sometime in the next couple years.

Calamondin
02-06-2009, 02:19 PM
It would probably be easier to list the ones that weren't being remade.

I think it's more of a case of lazyness over not having any ideas, but... Jesus Christ, Hollywood.

Savio
02-07-2009, 02:48 PM
The Warriors.I hear that they are going to.....or atleast were going to.

Nowhere Man
02-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Here's my miserable-cynic list:

Jaws
Apocalypse Now (only set in Iraq or whatever war we would be in at the time)
Casablanca
Enter the Dragon
Back to the Future (with Shia LeBouf)
The Jerk (with Wil Ferrel)
Uncle Buck (with Jack Black)
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (with both)

And I was going to say TRON until I saw that they're already working on a sequel.

Lord-Of-Darkness
02-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Aren't they working on a remake of the 1st Short Circuit?

Jeritron
02-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh sweet jesus don't even talk about Jaws or BTTF being remade. Don't even say it out loud!!!

The truth is, the classics will be remade someday. I just don't think it should be in the lifetime of anyone who saw it come out.
King Kong is a classic, and I loved the remake. If Jaws or any other huge classics get re-made for a new generation and format of film, then so be it. Just please have like a 60 year grace period.

Alan The Rapist
02-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Masters of the Universe

They started to do this when TMNT came out, but then dropped it. Still, there's always time.

As for my input, I'm pretty sure about ten or fifteen years after whatever mess TF3 turns out to be, we'll be treated to a decent TransFormers movie. Batman Begins has given me this hope.

Alan The Rapist
02-09-2009, 03:42 PM
And call me crazy, but I'd also like to see a real Mario Bothers movie.

Boondock Saint
02-09-2009, 03:53 PM
I think I read recently that Masters of the Universe is back on.

Boondock Saint
02-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Predator:

http://themovingpicture.net/predator...-to-the-screen

While the concept of Aliens vs. Predators is universally loved by fanboys across the globe, the two flicks that adapted said concept have been less than stellar, to say the least.
Another film may now be in the works, but this time looks to focus only on the Predators.

The folks at Bloody Disgusting have received word, through a “reliable source”, that Robert Rodriquez and his Troublemaker Studios will be producing a Predator reboot for 20th Century Fox.

The first Predator hit the screen in 1987 and starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, Carl Weathers, Jesse Ventura, and Kevin Peter Hall. The story followed an elite team on a mission to rescue hostages from a guerrilla group in Central America. John McTiernan (Die Hard) directed.

A sequel starring Danny Glover opened in 1990 followed by the aforementioned mash-up flicks several years later. While the original only featured one Predator, the potential reboot looks to up the number of the ass-kicking species.

There’s still no script and it’s unclear if Rodriquez would also direct

El Vaquero de Infierno
02-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Aren't they working on a remake of the 1st Short Circuit?

Looks like I'm going to have to castrate some film execs.

Bo
02-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Bullitt

Krimzon7
02-13-2009, 02:27 PM
WHy not remake V?

Alan The Rapist
02-20-2009, 02:48 PM
I'd like a musical version of Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-20-2009, 03:06 PM
The Fly

Alan The Rapist
02-20-2009, 05:24 PM
The Fly IS a remake.

thedamndest
02-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Maybe he was talking about original The Fly.

Jeritron
02-26-2009, 10:47 PM
They're remaking Total Recall. Fuck.

thedamndest
02-26-2009, 10:57 PM
The shitty sequels and TV series weren't enough?

Jeritron
02-26-2009, 11:02 PM
I went to Rekall just to forget those

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2009, 05:58 AM
Robocop is being remade right now, by DARREN ARONOFKSY. Should be interesting as hell

That actually could kick a lot of ass.

Oh sweet jesus don't even talk about Jaws or BTTF being remade. Don't even say it out loud!!!

The truth is, the classics will be remade someday. I just don't think it should be in the lifetime of anyone who saw it come out.
King Kong is a classic, and I loved the remake. If Jaws or any other huge classics get re-made for a new generation and format of film, then so be it. Just please have like a 60 year grace period.

It's a shame, because Jaws and Back to the Future are actually two that I think have a very, very imminent chance of being remade.

Jeritron
02-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Well I don't have a problem with the classics being remade once they're dated. That's the problem. There's just no need.
I'm fine with King Kong and Frankenstein (Del Toro is re-imagining it after finishing The Hobbit) being remade by great modern filmmakers. The originals don't lose any of their classic status because of such a long tenure, and nobody's really bothered by it because it's been long enough.

Like I said, the times really have to change before I see a remake as justified. Jaws and BTTF still hold up.
I wouldn't mind my grandkids seeing them reimagined by the great filmmakers and amazing technological leaps of their time. I just don't see the need in Spielberg's lifetime, or mine.

thedamndest
02-27-2009, 08:15 PM
I would think that by the time BTTF gets dated enough to be reimagined they will just make a whole new movie. The whole thing is pretty topical to 1985. Obviously you could take the concept and set it in whatever period you want, but it really does lose some of its flair if you take away 1985/1955 and just set it whenever the hell you want or use whatever car you want. The Dolorean is as much of a character in that film as Marty or Doc.

Jaws though, that's pretty timeless.

Jeritron
02-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Exactly.

Jeritron
02-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Jaws fits in their with the King Kong and Frankenstein territory. The only difference is those are from the 30s, and Jaws is from the 70s. So I pretty much don't want to see Jaws touched in my lifetime, or until I'm an old geezer

Danny Electric
02-27-2009, 08:53 PM
I seriously think that Spielberg will not let Jaws get remade unless he is the one doing it.

Jeritron
02-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Yea, I think it's safe while he's kicking

Krimzon7
03-01-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't want to see BTTF remade. It is a great movie, and it will be difficult to catch lightning in a bottle again. Did anyone mention the Karate Kid (it's being done with Will Smiths son)?

Triple Naitch
03-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Back to the Future will probably be remade with some hip kid like Nick Canon, Bow Wow, or someone else and Cedric The Entertainer as Doc.

thedamndest
03-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Black to the Future

Jeritron
03-01-2009, 11:19 PM
I'd rather see them drug running and call it Crack To The Future

Jeritron
03-01-2009, 11:20 PM
I actually think Robert Rodriguez remaking Predator could be cool. As long as they don't re-use the original story, or Dutch, then I'm fine with it. There's no reason why they can't do a completely original and simple predator story, like the first one, without it neccesarrily going against the events.