PDA

View Full Version : Best DLC?

#BROKEN Hasney
02-06-2009, 01:52 PM
You know, I got my 360 just after launch and I was thinking that DLC was a buist. Woo, Horse armor for Oblivion, a couple of extra levels of Outpost Kolari X, but I didn't see companies supporting this model. I reckon 2008 spawned this whole thing.

what game has gone above and beyond with their DLC model, OTHER than music games?

The only reason I say that is that the music games have a pre-defined platform of, well, music. Also, not user-generated content. That, while awesome, was not produced by the companies involved.

For me, it's Burnout Paradise. It's pretty much what inspired this thread, the new Party Pack gives offline multi-player and we've had bikes and soon, the Ecto-1. There's yet more planned!

Oblivion is a close runner-up. Would probably have got the nod if it wasn't for horse armor :D.

In terms of promise, the 2 that are currently planned for Fallout 3 sound awesome and the one that actually came out was great, bugs not withstanding. So whats the game that YOU think has brought out DLC that you're willing to pay for and extended the life of that game based on your purchase? Or, if you're more inclined, the game that has given you free goodies after the fact of the game being relased?

Kalyx triaD
02-06-2009, 02:59 PM
I like to think it depends on the game. The first Marvel Ultimate Alliance had a DLC pack that gave you 8 extra characters, which was a win for me. FPS usually have map DLC which are often welcome, but expected. Fable 2 recently released an entire play area which is great in adventure games, elementary even. Quest DLC that adds missions but not geography may or may not satisfy depending on the adventure game.

Personally I like my games to expand. What GTA4 is doing is an ideal DLC model for narrative games, though I (and some others) would have liked past GTA cities to return.

D Mac
02-06-2009, 04:39 PM
I heard Operation: Anchorage sucked.

D Mac
02-06-2009, 04:40 PM
And Rock Band DLC is the best, of course.

G
02-06-2009, 04:49 PM

OMGZ OTHER DEN MUSIC GAMEZZZ!!!

My favorite would have to have been the Red and Black packs for Vegas. Most of the new maps were great and the Dr. Phil mode was pure awesome.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I heard Operation: Anchorage sucked.

It depends on who you are. It turned Fallout 3 into a WW2 shooter that wasn't set in WW2 with some MGS in the mix. For me, if you accepted it for what it was, it was genius.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-06-2009, 05:37 PM

Yes, but they didn't have to be creative, which is why I excluded them. they could just expand on others creativity, as awesome as it is.

D Mac
02-06-2009, 05:41 PM
OMGZ OTHER DEN MUSIC GAMEZZZ!!!

Yeah, I don't read :shifty:

ClockShot
02-06-2009, 07:15 PM
That map pack for Call of Duty 4 is a big one. Had to do some serious driving to find points cause they flew off the shelves the minute that hit the marketplace.

The Mass Effect Bringing down the sky mission was fun as well.

Drakul
02-06-2009, 11:16 PM
I guess it depends on how you feel about the game. Fable II Knothole Island was a massive waste of money to most people but I enjoyed it because I'm really into the game.
Things like extra costumes are hardly worth it, in my opinion but if it's free, why complain?

GTA4 seems to have the right idea. New story, new characters, new weapons, new bike physics* and maybe some stuff I've not heard about and at 1600 MSpoints it will probably last a good long while.
Thats what DLC should be a lot more.

*New bikes physics, is something I heard but I don't really see why they would add that in.

Kalyx triaD
02-07-2009, 07:17 AM
People bitched about the bikes in GTA4, Hell even the general vehicle physics.

'Cause they can't fucking drive. I for one love the vehicle physics and can use it perfectly fine, from 1st person, and can shoot out your tires out in a high speed chase. If I can do it, so can all the whiners.