PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: No *NIP SLIP* this year!? *EXCLUSIVE PICS!!!* + JR Tells you all to STFU!

Xero
02-06-2009, 09:10 PM
From JR via PWInsider:

- All of the sudden there is all this talk about whether or not the WWE will have a Diva in Playboy prior to Wrestlemania. First of all, I do not know. I do seriously doubt it, however. I am more interested in the WM25 card than I am about who may be "tastefully nude" in Playboy Magazine.

- Enough of the emails on how much some "HATE" the fact that the WWE is now rated PG. First of all, hate is a strong word to use and unfortunately it is used to much in our society today. Think about this for a second. The WWE has pulled back on some elements of their content to make it more family friendly but many aspects of the shows will still remain edgy. Nonetheless we are still talking about a TV show here and if a viewer "hates" a TV show SO much because of what they perceive to be philosophical changes then why doesn't one simply eliminate the anguish and watch something else on the tube? No, I don't want any wrestling show to lose viewers but there is no reason to watch any thing on television and then bitch and moan about it every week. Or am I missing something?

Xero
02-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Honestly, I feel that the fact JR had to address such a large amount of email coming in with negatives against the business is really telling that something NEEDS to change instead of trying to sugarcoat it with essentially "we're changing for the better".

No, they're changing so they don't have to work as hard to get over with their major fanbase. A fanbase which still can hold the 18-49 demo but doesn't because of the way they book (lazily).

Dorkchop
02-07-2009, 02:06 AM
I can understand why they want to be PG, but I also don't see why they can't try to have one show to cater to their target demographic: 18-35 year-old men. Every show is pretty much the same. Batista and Cena were champs on both brands (before ECW came back) and they were exactly the same unstoppable supermen. Then Lashley came a long and it was the same shit all over again. I have no problem watching a PG Smackdown or Raw as long as the wrestling is still good. It isn't most of the time. I just want some variety.

Chavo Classic
02-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Nonetheless we are still talking about a TV show here and if a viewer "hates" a TV show SO much because of what they perceive to be philosophical changes then why doesn't one simply eliminate the anguish and watch something else on the tube

It's hilarious when JR tries to come across intelligent; he sounds like a total douche, like the time he yelled "There are parts of Cactus Jack's epidermis all over the floor!". :D

Kane Knight
02-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Nonetheless we are still talking about a TV show here and if a viewer "hates" a TV show SO much because of what they perceive to be philosophical changes then why doesn't one simply eliminate the anguish and watch something else on the tube? No, I don't want any wrestling show to lose viewers but there is no reason to watch any thing on television and then bitch and moan about it every week. Or am I missing something?

"Don't watch our show, because we're not changing it."

"No, I don't want any wrestling show to lose viewers."

Now, while I support the notion of "if you hate it, don't watch it," but could itbe, possibly, that people watch WWE still hoping for a change? It seems removing that hope is the surest way to scare them off for good, and regardless, it's bad marketing.

Legend Killer
02-07-2009, 11:00 AM
All I have to say, when WWE was full of penis references and men chugging down beer, I was extremely interested. i would be in my room with it turned down, because my mom thought wrasslin was the devil.

Save_Us---LOL I guess Y2J came back to save them from Vulgarity and sin.

Xero
02-07-2009, 11:05 AM
I can understand why they want to be PG, but I also don't see why they can't try to have one show to cater to their target demographic: 18-35 year-old men.

I completely agree, but they're not doing to ADD another demographic/increase that demographic, they're doing it to negate the other demographic and ONLY focus on the "easy" demographic.

The majority of, for example, 80s NWA could easily have gotten a PG-rating today and would have been awesome.

Kane Knight
02-07-2009, 12:41 PM
All I have to say, when WWE was full of penis references and men chugging down beer, I was extremely interested. i would be in my room with it turned down, because my mom thought wrasslin was the devil.

Save_Us---LOL I guess Y2J came back to save them from Vulgarity and sin.

Or their homosexual fans. :shifty:

Haze
02-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Catering to kids...fine, I get that.

But I mean come on give us at least one show that has at least some hint of the attitude era in it. I mean give us ECW, put it on at a later time, and test the boundaries a little bit.

thedamndest
02-07-2009, 01:34 PM
JR tells you all to STF!

The Genius
02-07-2009, 06:07 PM
ST*U

Theo Dious
02-07-2009, 06:16 PM
I still say they're only doing the move to PG so that in 5 years or so they can revert to "Attitude" and claim that it's new and fresh. :shifty:

Xero
02-07-2009, 07:01 PM
I still say they're only doing the move to PG so that in 5 years or so they can revert to "Attitude" and claim that it's new and fresh. :shifty:

Pfft, that would make this the early 90s, and I don't see supermen and midgets running around.

Wait...

therocksays
02-07-2009, 07:08 PM
WE WANT TABLES!!!!!!!!

Fox
02-08-2009, 12:36 AM
JR is Chain Gang for life.

Anybody Thrilla
02-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I can understand why they want to be PG, but I also don't see why they can't try to have one show to cater to their target demographic: 18-35 year-old men.

Wasn't that the concept that RAW started off on all those years ago? I know at least RAW magazine was marketed to 'mature' fans, if those even exist.