PDA

View Full Version : MVP

Juan
02-07-2009, 12:53 AM
So watching Smackdown, it's pretty clear they're pushing for a feud between MVP and Shelton Benjamin, with MVP eventually regaining the US title. My question is, are you interested in this? They've had a few matches and I think they work well together, but I'm afraid they're just gonna have MVP go over Shelton on a random edition of Smackdown, instead of a PPV match. Also, if MVP does go over, where does Shelton go from this? Who does MVP feud with?

I honestly think that MVP, should not win the US title, but rather work his way into the ME scene somehow.

St. Jimmy
02-07-2009, 12:56 AM
He fueds with someone in TNA.

Juan
02-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Jimmy, always with the insightful contribution :y:

Juan
02-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Also, Eve vs. McCool was one of the worst things I have ever seen. As is the McCool/Maria feud.

Impact!
02-07-2009, 01:35 AM
They really need to continue to whatever they were doing with him and Kennedy

Juan
02-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Yeah that'll work, but Kennedy NEEDS to turn heel. He's really boring as a face.

Dorkchop
02-07-2009, 02:01 AM
I really hope they give them at least 15 minutes at Wrestlemania. They could probably steal the show if they were allowed to. However, this is WWE and WWE doesn't let their mid carders steal the show. It's sad because I really like both Shelton and MVP's work.

thedamndest
02-07-2009, 02:11 AM
Here is what I would do: go over Shelton at a PPV for sure, but then drop it to TBK not long after, probably with help from Zeke. Then you can get MVP into the Money in the Bank and have him win that and basically give him what was once the Kennedy push. You are right that he doesn't need the US belt, but neither does Shelton right now.

Also, I would love for MVP to be the one to end Kozlov's streak. I've said that before, and I stand by it. That rub would be huge for him.

AKin3D
02-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Yeah that'll work, but Kennedy NEEDS to turn heel. He's really boring as a face.

Sometimes I think WWE just refuses to give in to this idea. I mean Mr.K and MVP were need to work together and have a long stung out history over the years.

Londoner
02-07-2009, 02:51 AM
Gotta feeling Shelton will lose the title to MVP at no way out or just after,then Shelton gets chucked into the MITB match at mania like he usually does. Would rather MVP didn't win it though.

Krimzon7
02-07-2009, 03:33 AM
MVP went into mania last year as US Champ, and competed in MITB. He doesn't need the belt, if he were to stay heel. THe win could be a part of his face turn. he hit rock bottom, and all he had were fans supporting him. He doesn't forget where he comes from, and the people that help him get to the top. Wham, instant fan love, good way to complete the face turn.

Juan
02-07-2009, 03:36 AM
I think he's pretty much a face now.

Fabien Barthez
02-07-2009, 04:54 AM
In what way does MVP, Mr epitomy of mid-card, not benifit from the US title, and a fued with Shelton? You hear bitching when the mid card titles legitimacy is hurt by bad booking, then they book MVP and Shelton to work a programme for the title, and you still hear the same bitching. You hear the same bitching when people get pushed too quickly, and it's no different if they are building a guy for a few years through the mid-card.

And where would Shelton go after he put MVP over? On to someone else. does it matter that much? he was in no programme before now, why does he need to be in one after? Shelton putting over MVP and making him look as good as he can isn't going to damage Benjamins career I don't think.

Jeritron
02-07-2009, 04:57 AM
I think a solid program for the US title, or anywhere on the uppermidcard is where he should be right now. He just snapped the losing streak angle (out of nowhere), and he needs to be built up for a good length of time.

I don't see the need to rush him to the main event. There's nothing wrong with letting these guys build steadily over the course of several years.

Rammsteinmad
02-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Shelton will probably steal the show at Wrestlemania in the Money in the Bank match (again), and will then go the rest of the year with a new gimmick, but still no TV time.

Krimzon7
02-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Is Shelton now one of the most tenured guys in the WWE? Damn, good for him if so!
Shelton is one of the people who suffer from lack of a Tag Division. It would be great if they could book him with somebody to really be a foil to The In Crowd. Or he could jump ot raw for some IC fun. Shelton Benjamin, King of the Midcard.

It's a living.

HeartBreakMan2k
02-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Also, Eve vs. McCool was one of the worst things I have ever seen. As is the McCool/Maria feud.

Wait what? I haven't watched Smackdown in ages... have they somehow turned Maria heel?!

thedamndest
02-07-2009, 01:44 PM
They turned McCool heel, I think pretty much because Maryse is hotter and has an accent.

I didn't think Eve/McCool was THAT bad, just way longer than it should have been. The announcers pretty much sold the whole thing with their "...and this is her FIRST match" so it was believable, but you're right in that it didn't make for a compelling match, but again, I don't know that it should have been at that point. McCool was pretty awful too; as much as she's improved I don't know that she's ready to carry a rookie, especially for as much time as they got.

Anybody Thrilla
02-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Michelle McCool wasn't that great as a face, but she's absolutely AWFUL as a heel. It's painful to watch.

As for MVP, I'm just glad he's winning again. The face pops sort of came from nowhere, though.

Funky Fly
02-07-2009, 04:21 PM
It's the redemption factor for MVP. He's fallen and come back up. There's nothing Americans love more than someone on top getting knocked down a few pegs and coming back up through adversity and reclaiming his top spot.

Hopefully they don't fag him up now like they did with Kennedy and just let him be him while acknowledging the face turn. I'm tired of bad asses becoming vanilla pussies when they turn face. Cena, Carilto, Kennedy... *sigh*

Funky Fly
02-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Also, is he going to get all his shit back? Like his entrance balloon thing and his chains?

Ruien
02-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Michelle McCool wasn't that great as a face, but she's absolutely AWFUL as a heel. It's painful to watch.

As for MVP, I'm just glad he's winning again. The face pops sort of came from nowhere, though.

Its Smackdown!, I am sure they just pipped the cheers in.

Anybody Thrilla
02-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Well, he got a bit of a face rub when he was somewhat responsible for getting Triple H into the Royal Rumble match.

Juan
02-08-2009, 02:56 PM
I think a solid program for the US title, or anywhere on the uppermidcard is where he should be right now. He just snapped the losing streak angle (out of nowhere), and he needs to be built up for a good length of time.

I don't see the need to rush him to the main event. There's nothing wrong with letting these guys build steadily over the course of several years.

You make a good point, but I didn't mean he should be in the ME next week or next month, but work his way in. Although, like you say, maybe another run with the US title would be a good thing.

thedamndest
02-08-2009, 05:29 PM
A lumberjack match or steel cage match would be good choices for MVP to push for against TBK because A) they take Zeke out of the picture B) we haven't seen them in awhile. Actually, I would do both. Start the program with MVP claiming he can beat TBK with or without Zeke, which leads to a match for the title, 2-on-1. TBK wins. Then do the lumberjack match. MVP wins. Then do the cage match. TBK wins, obviously with some finish where MVP is coming down the cage and Zeke knocks him out and just holds him there so TBK can win. MVP goes on to beat Kozlov, and TBK and MVP both come out looking good.

St. Jimmy
02-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Mizark vs. MVP. Just to give MVP that injury he needs to be future endeavored.

Krimzon7
02-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Jimmy that just fucking sucks. Mizark should've been MVP's muscle when he was Heeling it up. MVP should Indeed Feud TBK and Zeke. I think that MVP should not get the bubble back, IMO. I hope he does get the US title, just so he can rock the ring that JBL gave him.

Fabien Barthez
02-09-2009, 07:47 AM
I would like MVP to take the title, and for Charlie Haas to team with Shelton again. Work a jelousy programme with Miz/Morrison.

See, I like tag team fueds, because it enables the bookers to put on 2 ready made singles matches at house shows, 4 singles matches over a few weeks of TV, with the crossover obviously... and it just lets you take a long time to build it up. WGTT were over, and as singles wrestlers, they aren't really.

GD
02-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Charlie is a good athlete and it is a shame to see him being wasted like he is right now. He needs to team up with Benjamin and form an alliance. Benjamin can go conquer his solo ambitions and have him team up with Haas in random tag matches.

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2009, 03:59 AM
Shelton Benjamin seems like he is ready to move beyond the US Title scene, and while I agree that MVP has "been there, done that," I do think that a match between the two over the US Title will at least be good, and make the title look like its worth a damn (actually, the US Title usually looks pretty damn good). Hopefully there is room for them to have a match at No Way Out, where MVP can win the title cleanly, and Shelton can be all "what the fuck, man?!?"

MVP can get his VIP Lounge back, as well as his vamped up entrance. Now that they aren't playing it up with R-Truth, they could mention how MVP was originally a street thug, but he found something he was good at, made a lot of money doing it, but forgot his roots. He thought he was entitled to forget where he came from, because he was in a better place, but he now realises that you have to at least remember, and stay a little humble, even if you are better than everybody else.

A rematch with Shelton on SmackDown!, which MVP wins, and Benjamin then goes onto Money in the Bank, where I think he is one of the better picks for winner this year (although I think Christian will and should be taking it). Then Mr. Kennedy can return, and act all respectful to MVP. "Congrats, man. We got along fine on SmackDown!, and I hope I didn't seem like a prick when I was showing up and teasing you a little bit for losing. It's truly good to see you back on the winning track. Hey...um...how about a US Title match at WrestleMania?"

MVP vs. Mr. Kennedy at WrestleMania sees the two men start off with a handshake. They've been renewing their once fairly strong bond of being upper mid-carders helping each other out, this time on the face side of things, but at Mania it is all about the US Title. The two put on the kind of match that you'd expect, with both guys taking it in turns to control the pacing of the match. Eventually, however, Mr. Kennedy cheats his ass off (probably with a low blow or using MVP's chain, or something), and captures his second US Title, as well as looking like a scummy piece of shit.

This leads to a full-blown face MVP vs. heel Mr. Kennedy feud on SmackDown! over the WWE United States Championship for the next few months. Both guys talk about how they are World Championship material, but this a principle thing. Kennedy can talk about how he was in the United States Army while MVP was in jail, so he has a moral claim to the title. Then it should be time for both guys to move up and main event.

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2009, 03:59 AM
Charlie Haas should be drafted over to SmackDown! this year, and should be one of the guys who fills a slot left by Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Mr. Kennedy or Umaga when they move up to the main event.